Did anime community influence you to hate sao, or did it come naturally?

Did anime community influence you to hate sao, or did it come naturally?

For me it was the first one, 'cause sao was like one of my first anime so I didn't know better.

I don't hate SAO. I haven't seen it. I'm indifferent.

Then don't bump trash threads with a meaningless response you fucking retard.

Fucking sage holy shit.

It just seemed less and less interesting as it progressed.

Fuck off retard.

I watched SAO all on my own when it started gathering popularity, just to see what the hell the fuzz was all about. And I liked it. Not the most amazing piece ever created or anything, but entertaining none the less.

And it was not my first anything. I'd already seen over 200 shows at that point.

I liked it before it aired. Still read the novels.

I watched a few episodes when it was new without paying any attention to the discourse surrounding it and thought it was lame.

Dropped after one episode. Didn't seem like my sort of thing. Never played an MMO so the premise didn't particularly interest me.

SAO is a very poor "MMO story", as it doesn't really reflect on any real deal designs or player behaviors. It really is more of a twist and mix on Battle Royale + Saw type of sadistic survival games, just in VR setting. With hint of Matrix-like entry-tier philosophy, like at what point does something start to be "real" for people.

I don't hate it. I don't love it either.

Sure, but as far as I can tell the MMO thing was he hook for a lot of people, and that's why it didn't work for me. It also seems to be one reason a lot of people find it so disappointing.

I think the Naruto copy-pasta kinda applies here.
As long as you realize that the show is flawed, it's ok to enjoy watching it for what it is.
I mean, people enjoy watching The Room, so why can't i enjoy SAO?

I genuinely love SAO. It's an extremely nice and wonderful world and I want to see more and more of it.

So many fucking threads every day on this board from people who don't like sao. We get it.

Stop pretending you have taste.

Also I just enjoy SAO as a guilty pleasure. Something about the unapologetic nonsense is endearing.

SAO's hate train is more autistic than the show's escapist nonsense. It's gotten that bad.

Too many use it as a barrier/scapegoat to pretend to have taste yet they'll hype something like Mayoiga or Re:Creators.

SAO is literally just mindless escapism. And it is very good at that, it presents a very enticing escapist fantasy while affirming within the narrative that it is just escapism.
That's why SAO works.

It's shit.
Don't care about your meme-wars about what's good/bad/what has a hypetrain/hatetrain.
It's just shit.

Fairy Dance still scares people for good reason

It's still better than what you like.

But it's not, Kirito.

It is. Get over it wannabe patrician.

Not really. I found the first half of the first season okay with some really enjoyable fights while the second half was mostly mediocre. Subsequent seasons were totally forgettable and I don't see what people see in the Yuuki arc as it was drama for the sake of drama.

This is true irony.

First 12 episodes are fine. That's what MMO's are like. The top tier dudes are dicks to the others, except this game allows you to fuck bitches. The rest the show was quasi-incest fetish shit and so I dropped it.

The problem with sao is that he has the worst fan base and a autistic haters

same

Watching SAO influenced me to not like SAO.
I won't say hate. It's too forgettable to hate.

>Still pretending to be enlightened

At this point because most of SAO's hatedom still hype garbage to this very day, I'll defend the avatar of escapism and self-indulgence purely because no one has learned anything.

The worst I've seen are the gorillion Kirito cosplayers fan-wise.

Now this is either self-aware irony or you're very, VERY stupid.

>Still mad escapist shit is better than what you like

No, I hated it before knowing what people thought

It's not. Get over it, wannabe patrician.

>'cause sao was like one of my first anime so I didn't know better.
get out pls

>escapism is better than intelligent and profound shows

Abridged was objectively superior in every way.

Not him, but:
>defending something so vehemently to prove a point

If anyone's pretending to be "enlightened" or a "patrician", it's you, planting such a banner over a show that, by all rights, isn't even good. Then taking up such issue with people who inform you of this.
SAO is garbage. Nobody's using it as a barrier or hyping OTHER garbage. SAO is, all on it's own, shit.
Stop crying and projecting because you have garbage taste.

I didn't watch it, so I hate it based on things I've heard, which means the first one.

But Fairy Dance is the best part, especially the ending.
It affirms the escapist fantasy by making it clear that Kirito wants to leave for this fantasy world and that he's not the only one. That there are many others who feel the same way.
That the "antagonist" from the first arc is just someone who is looking for that escapism.

It's really good in that regard.

Of course you have to ignore all the drama shit.

now fuck him to claim dominance

Most of SAO hatedom are newfags pretending to have taste.

SAO is bad yes, but it's an easy Hitler allegory.

>Sup Forums hypes shit like Mayoiga, Re:Zero, Re:Creators, and Kakegurui

I doubt Sup Forums is that enlightened.

>Implying I need to have good taste based on what the anime community hypes

Anyone can write SAO better.

That's why SAO Abridged is garbage. There's no pride in writing something more competent than something that's only surpassed in bad by something everyone avoided like Endride or memes like Pupa or Mars of Destruction

>>Implying I need to have good taste based on what the anime community hypes

Judging by your actions, you're very compelled to prove you do.
If you didn't, you wouldn't literally defend a show on the merit of it being better than other shows you deem worse.
Also, those selection of shows are very strange. They're just very generic, highly popular/"controversial" picks that get enough ridicule to loosely substantiate your points.
>Mayoiga
Trash just like SAO
>Re: Zero
Kills SAO
>Creators
SAO kills it, THIS is true trash.
>Kakegurui
So different it feels strange to compare, but handling of characters is overall better than SAO

>Curazy bitches/Kakegurui
>Characterization

Everyone being curazy seems as bad as SAO's non-characters. Just two different versions of bland.

The irony is that you seem the largest newfag of all for simply choosing a contrary point and trumpeting it so loudly.
SAO's bad. There's nothing more that really needs to be said on the matter. You're just trying to come off smart by shoving it in an imaginary opposition's face and saying "haha see, you said I had shit taste, but I think all this stuff YOU liked is bad"
You clearly just got bullied for cosplaying Kirito. It's okay, I'm sure you looked qt. I'd have fucked you, lad.
Now fuck off.

I liked the first novel a bit but the anime left a sour taste in my mouth with all of the side story episodes

I never read past volume 2 and never finished the first season but I think Sinon is pretty cute

>hasn't watched it
>tries to talk

The craziness is mostly on behalf of the MC, and she's really just the character that the development swirls around.
She's the trigger for it, and really the most boring character, as she's he only one-dimensionally crazy one who's crazy "just because".
Sumeragi/Saotome/all of Yumeko's opposition offer more character-handling and development in a few episodes that SAO has seen.

Nothing wrong with being contrarian.

>Implying I cosplay filth
>Or at all
>Being homosexual in 2017

I thought I was assuming shit

I don't see the depth. Just reaction face bait

If you really like or really hate SAO, you havent seen enough other shows.

I read the LNs translations a few months before the anime came out. Thought it was written like shit then, more so than other LNs. Then the anime came out and it was so fucking confusing that a shitty written story was so popular. Ultimately this proves that newfags, and the like, only care about the animation quality, which SAO is mostly above average and can be great at times, but not the story.

I just disliked it because I was expecting a shonen and I hate soap opera anime, but it's not bad though

>I don't see the depth. Just reaction face bait

Then I'd suggest trying to watch it, or at least not talking about shows you haven't seen as if you have.
Really, the "crazy bitches" angle is more of a visual aesthetic choice to make it stand out. The show has very efficiently built up a good cast of personalities each with goals and motives.
It's a shame the two main characters didn't receive such development, but like I said, they're the trigger for it, and sadly not the receivers.

I still need to catch up manga-wise.

It really had an interesting premise in the beginning. I seriously did. The problem of SAO is how blatantly inconsistent the storytelling is. The first few episodes were ok, but then the middle suddenly felt, too forced in a sense and also was trying really hard to make Kirito look weak while being really really strong. Then it all culminated into the most blatant, obvious dumbed down power move I've ever seen just so the story will continue. You all know this. It's when Yui showed up. That arc destroyed everything.

>as far as I can tell the MMO thing was he hook for a lot of people
Never got that idea myself. It was more about the whole scifi-VR thing and "you die inna game, you die 4 real!" premise, which just happens to play quite well in an MMO setting.

>It also seems to be one reason a lot of people find it so disappointing.
nah, it's just that part 2 of S1 sucks ass, and S2 ranges from meh to OK for the most part.

The source material had so little content in the actual Aincrad arc. They padded out 14 episodes with garbage because they had nothing to go off of.

Yui is how the devil revealed his true form.

I never bought into the hype because the show seemed mediocre all around; only watched it after all the autistic screeching on why it sucks.

I expected worse. It's still self-insert chuuni shit gone off its rocker but I expected the second coming of Mars of Destruction, not some 5.5/10 escapism.wav show

Fairy Dance's stupidity is a guilty pleasure of mine; Tons of cringe but it felt better paced than Aincrad.

I'm amazed SAO's hatedom hasn't plotted to kill the author; are they closet Accel World fans on something? Some hack writers might deserve death.

I dropped it around episode 4 due to "real life". I liked where it was going did it go 180 along the way and derailed itself?

>Yui is how the devil revealed his true form.
That Yui arc is big because I couldn't believe they actually thought that was very smart. That part where they revived her? That was when I gave up and just watched it to finish it.

why do people waste their time hating on this show?
sage

>Did anime community influence you to hate sao, or did it come naturally?
I saw that Sup Forums hated it but never got why.
Then I watched the first season in its entirety.
Then I watched the youtube celebrities.

Conclusion: they're fair in some criticisms, but highly unfair in others. Kirito acting like an edgelord isn't THAT bad, though the disconnect between the end of e2 and beginning of e3 is kind of weird. At first he dismisses everyone because he wants to be badass and go solo, and the VERY NEXT EPISODE he has a guild that incurs him with a trauma. It'd make more sense for him to go full edgelord after losing his guild.

Also, the criticism about Kirito taking on 7 guys at the same time and recovering damage faster than they can dish it out is stupid. It's specifically mentioned that Kirito was high level and those scrubs mid level. To anyone who thinks this is impossible, go play Ragnarok Online and have your level 90 crusader fight against seven lvl 35 fighters. Unless you've utterly ignored vitality (then why are you even playing a crusader?) you'll recover damage much much faster than you can take it. Hell, Kirito has a speed oriented build so it's a surprise that the enemy was even able to hit him at all when going by his build he should've been dodging every blow they dished out.

And here's something controversial: the first (Aincrad) arc would've been possible if the author didn't utterly fuck up literally everything related to Heathcliff/Ayakaba. That retroactive ruins the entire arc for me. Two things about that character utterly fuck my shit up:
1. The only guy stronger than Kirito is literally a cheater. I thought that when Heathcliff was introduced, it was supposed to show that Kirito wasn't the only one who had a unique skill and that there were other unique skill users stronger than Kirito, forcing him to actually try and improve.
2. How do you get away with not giving the central antagonist who drives the entire story a motivation?

It devolved into Deus Ex Machina and later Fairy Dance, the ultimate cancer.

I considered Season 2 tolerable/decent but SAO's gimmick basically shattered and it's just escapist nonsense with nice animation and some unironic decent that's not worth torturing yourself like I did.

The fate of a questionably written LN that started as a short story.

Not trying to excuse it but man Reki did not know what he was doing.

It's badly written escapist shit that made too much money.

People don't hate escapism inherently but it needs gimmicks/good characters to mask it otherwise it's self-indulgent tripe made for the worst kinds of people

I saw the first arc. The end of episode 13 with the MC walking the hospital alone was a beautiful ending to me.

Don't know why it continued.

>Monies

That's just too bad. Did he at least get the girl?

lurk more faggot

I watched every episode as it was airing and fully enjoyed it for its trainwreck factor.
I only started to hate it after watching Log Horizon when it aired and began completely loathing it after catching up with the Infinite Dendrogram WebNovel.

SAO has no business being so popular when works like those exist.

My opinions on things are purely based on my own interpretation, should i have missed something entirely immersion breaking then I will note it down but my general consensus of the show will not change. That being said, I enjoyed SAO in its entirety. It wasn't amazing or groundbreaking but it provided fluff and escapism for my tedious and monotonous life. You shouldn't get too affected by others as you should thoroughly explore the things you dislike and like about certain things on your own, take the opinions of others as a pinch of salt.

If there is one thing this series did do good is on not over-exaggerating the character designs. That much I'll give them.

But I'm sure it really became popular because A-1 was behind it with good animators for the show.

I cannot watch SAO normally after it's parody. Same with dragonball

Reki likes the money. Money makes the world go round

Yes.

I blame Deen/people thinking Log Horizon is too sleep inducing.

Still waiting for an MMO ground that doesn't send you into a coma like .hack and Log Horizon or is chuuni madness with no self-awareness like SAO.

NGNL is too close to chuuni madness (even if it's actually good) and Overlord is too close to coma-inducing info dump shit

It all comes down to how digestible a series is, both of those aren't really the best. Log Horizon is a monotonous world builder, preferring to establish everything then introducing the plot but the storytelling itself isn't done any differently than others of its genre because it still relies on telling the audience on what's happening rather than showing it to them and figuring it out. On stark contrast, SAO moves too fast with a small prior set up with the same telling the audience but with some moments to figuring things out. It's a far more digestible sort of media than Log Horizon simply due to its fast and not too detailed episodes.

I fell asleep watching Log Horizon, still liked it though

Same

>sao was like one of my first anime
Stop writing like an idiot and lurk more.

The first season overall was really boring, mediocre, disappointing, with a setting that was pure wasted potential. I don't know if it's the author's or A-1's fault that the anime was so shitty, maybe the light novels are ok and the anime is just a terrible adaptation?

To be honest, though, I kinda liked Fairy Dance, I thought it was more fun than the Aincrad arc, and I found Kirito's relationship with his cousin endearing.

As long as you hate SAO common sense/etiquette doesn't matter.

The devil incarnate doesn't need such silly things.

Tried to give it the 3 episode test, but I couldn't make it past the first episode. The MC is awful, and the whole "beater" thing killed my interest from cringe.

You clearly haven't associated with anime fans outside of Sup Forums.

>Good

Wasn't he always supposed to be THAT asshole?
I only read the first volume but I remember he was the guy that was known for stealing last hits on bosses and looting out of order in the beta.
Sup Forums used to actually like sao when it was still a wn/ln. The hate is justifiable though, since it really did turn to shit after volume 1.

An enlightened being.

Maybe you should stop being so weak that you have to rely on escapism shit to go by your life user and start manning up.

I don't hate SAO, it's just as bad as the average anime.

It getting everything wrong about MMOs is what made me hate it.
I dropped it about 6 or 7 episodes in.

There's no hope for regular salesmen user. You just have to accept how it is and be lucky if you get a promotion.

Going by thisIt's a grounded and depressed being.

Your standards are set way to high user. Why would you need a promotion to be happy? Stop drooling over celebrity lifestyles and focus on inner growth. Read a book, dedicate an hour each day to learn some new shit, see friends, fuck a girl or a boy whatever you prefer and stop comparing yourself to others. It's stupid.

Are you a robot or something? One of the biggest reasons for consuming entertainment media is to escape from their monotonous lives, to be immersed in something that far exceeds the level of amusement they have over their daily routine. This isn't some kind of thing that only wusses do, everyone at some point does it.

Fucking hell those impact font memes are garbage

No I'm not user. I've been through some shit and figured escaping them wasn't helping me. I'd rather watch shows that are honest about my situation, even if how little I can identify with them, than escape in self indulgence. Promote growth instead of temporary self gratification.

>Why would you need a promotion to be happy?
Because in the end of the day, I have to provide for others that isn't me. It's not just me who I want to be happy, I want my family to be happy too.
>stop drooling over celebrity lifestyles
I don't, some of their lives are a mess and quite honestly too stressful.
>stop comparing yourself to others
Easy in theory, hard in execution. In a working environment, you can never not compare yourself to others because you have to worry on things like your quota, how you'll manage to do them, your performance, how much workload you have to bring to the table etc... You need to understand that comparing yourself to others can be an incentive to better yourself.

It was okay in the first few episodes, I tried to give it an honest chance. The setting has a lot of potential, no wonder it was copied a million times. SAO however quickly turns into an appalling pile of dogshit. The plot developments and characters are all terrible and unlikeable, and especially later on it becomes incredibly silly while still attempting seriousness. Jedi Kirito is to date one of the dumbest things I have seen in anime.

I didn't read the novels but from what I've heard it equally turns to garbage after the first one or two there as well. The hate is completely justified and the faggots defending this garbage should consider suicide. There are a million clones with nearly exactly the same setting which pull it off much better.

Shit thread, OP, shit thread.

>Because in the end of the day, I have to provide for others that isn't me. It's not just me who I want to be happy, I want my family to be happy too.
I'm pretty sure your family is fine by just getting 3 meals a day user. Don't stress too much about their happiness and accept that perhaps being just a salesman is your limit in that industry. Open yourself up to other possibilities. I'm a family man too user so I feel you
>In a working environment, you can never not compare yourself to others because you have to worry on things like your quota, how you'll manage to do them, your performance, how much workload you have to bring to the table etc... You need to understand that comparing yourself to others can be an incentive to better yourself.
I got out of corporate shit too because of this. I hated that they have to force you to compete in order to give you better incentive and I wasn't very good at what I was doing.

what the fuck is this absolute cancer thread?
seriously this is the fucking state of Sup Forums in 2017?

I never hated SAO or Accel World. I've read the novels and while the adaptions were pretty meh, it was cool seeing some scenes from the novels animated. Only a newfag would hate an average anime like SAO, if they'd seen more anime, they'd know it deosn't warrant any strong feelings. Re:Zero too by the way which had a better adaptation.

>What do you do?
>Lookat her underwear
>Rape her
Rance Online

Re:Zero deserves some strong hate for the wasted potential. The concept could have been done so much better and the fucking drop off in quality in the second half. God damn.

Don't hate or like it
Have always find it hilarious that people are constantly trying to force hatred for the series when barely anyone gives a shit about it here.

I started hating it when the AI daughter was introduced but before that it was alright. I even defended it here when everyone was hating on it after the first episode for being "unrealistic". Everyone being Nagi's IRC crew.

It's mediocre.