ok what is it?

But it isn't coming out until February.

Muh "influence": the manga.

>tried reading Devilman once and dropped it in volume 2
>friends reccomends I give it another try
>get to volume three
>get to the page with Akira warning the viewer about humanity going to hell
>from there till the end it's literally genius
Devilman is awesome, should I read Lady or Violence Jack?

Violence Jack is a must!

So, netflix backed new anime, is it gonna suck or actually be good?

I'm going to wait for the actual English version to come out so I can buy it like a good boy.

Ryo doesn't have sideburns anymore so it's gonna be shit.

So the official devilman twitter posted some new images and one seems to show the script of episode 5. Implying that this is the episode Siren shows up.
But dont you think that this is way too late in a 10 episode anime?
I thought Yuasa would give the later half of the manga more development time and be faithful to the manga, but now I think he is rewriting most of it.

buy raws on the smartphone jap sites for the good boy points, pirate to read
600 yen a volume, no dust collecting, better effect on the industry (more money to actual japs)

But I want the book on my shelf user.

So you chose to not have anything at all. Nice teen thinking user.

I've yet to see anything by Yuasa that wasn't at least an 8/10.

>not have anything at all
The book is coming out March though, how is that nothing?

Really? I had the opposite experience
>Hyped through volume one
>Expectations still high as quality diminishes
>Oh no, Akira has thrown Devilman under the bus on international television
>Oh no humanity is extinct
>We're talking to dead bodies as God's angels approach to finally deal with Lucifer

What the fucking hell is this shit? I thought this was going to be a well developed, slowly paced, character driven masterpiece.

But no, I got a plot driven story with little substance and light commentary on basic human nature. I guess it's fine as in mediocre, but the way fans and Sup Forums described it made it seem far more substantive and heart wrenching.

>wanting slowly paced character drama
This is why modern manga fags like you suck ass.

No one cares about your slow 100 volume masterpiss. Call me when Berserk has an ending worth shit.

Both are amazing but Violence Jack isn't fully scanlated. HappyScans released volume 4 of it just recently. Go read it. It's amazing as fuck.

But you should also read Gakuen Taikutsu Otoko also by Go Nagai for maximum reference galore.

Why was Satan such a faggot, holy shit

You answered your own question.

I see. Still doesn't excuse the fact that character driven works in, any medium, are objectively the best.

I'm not saying anything should be slogging along through the details of every minor character's bento box or anything, I'm just saying Devilman wasn't really what I assumed it would be.

It's still good, just not the manga epic I was expecting.

I did and it's pretty bad
Then I read Devil Lady and holy shit it ends in the same exact way, Uncle Nagai is truly a genius

Because the humanest human made his uterus throb. So to preserve those human qualities, Satan turned that human into a devil that could survive in the coming demon world Satan was exterminating humanity to make because he disagreed anybody had the right to exterminate a race to make room for another one. Then that devil with a man soul killed all the demons and died. There wouldn't be a plot without Satan ruining everything he touched.

You must be fucking stupid. Hyped through volume one? Expectations still high? What the hell are you talking about.

>I thought this was going to be a well developed, slowly paced, character driven masterpiece

Literally retarded.

You called Devilman mediocre shit, and now you're telling me it's good? How about stop being a contrarian?
>I'm just saying Devilman wasn't really what I assumed it would be.
A 70s Japanese super hero? Why did you expect more than that? The manga is just one aspect of Devilman, and it's not the only one either.
>just not the manga epic I was expecting.
It is a manga epic, but not in the way you use the word epic.

Then maybe get some taste like mine. Both Devilman and Lady are good. People who hate Lady are usually just angry feminists on tumblr and twitter.

>Uncle Nagai
It's Uncle Go you fuck.

>Evafags are still pretending this shit is good because Anno told them to

Read it when it got storytimed here, awful. Terrible.

I read till the Turtle demon then i was gone man. Fuck that noise man. That Turtle demon is the stuff of nightmares

Jinmen did nothing wrong.

really? sauce pls

I have, though. Not that impressed.

I haven't read any of the other manga in the Devilman Expanded Universe,but the original kind of hasn't aged well. In a year where edgy manga is a dime a dozen,the impact isn't really the same as I'm sure it was when it came out. The last half of the last volume is 10/10,but the rest ranges from slightly above to slightly below average.
>character introduced out of nowhere who's literal only purpose is to die immediately and horribly

cutie honey is the thinking man devilman

Did you just claim that no one cares about Berserk?