Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul

What is this expression trying to convey?

Other urls found in this thread:

moca-news.net/article/20170922/2017092200000a_/01/
youtube.com/watch?v=kthwuoZrAHc
youtube.com/watch?v=kYW1wrYOxy8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

From the previews Lucifer is finally making his move it seems. Also this faggot better get gutted by Jeanne or Azazel. I swear to fucking God they better not let him get away with what he did.

>hfw Nina single-handedly destroyed the entire franchise

She's Suou of DtB 2.

>building up amazing tension in 21
>fuck it all up in 22
Impossible to get pumped for the finale after such a colossal blunder. Also kaisar is in there twice, please don't try to sell me more Kaisar MAPPA.

Since OP is a massive homosexual who doesn't post links
moca-news.net/article/20170922/2017092200000a_/01/

Fear from the knowledge that he is about to be knocked out by Rita's umbrella?

>maybe I shoul've killed the king after all

>He sees Charioce slaying Amira.

> please don't try to sell me more Kaisar MAPPA.

But Kaisar is the best thing about Bahamut?

Truth

So, what is she going to do this episode to fuck everything up?

No.

Is horriblesubs not releasing today? They've only 3 things on their schedule.

I more want to know what the hell that thing in the corner of the screen is.

Yes?

Episode airs tomorrow user. Don't know why OP couldn't wait a day to make a thread.

that's a sudden-finger-in-the-butt face

Those japs, cant get enough of the ass poking

After how shit this season was, will Bahamut ever get another season?

Is she coming back this ep? Please tell me she is. It's the only reason I'm still watching.

I wouldn't think this would get another season even if people were liking it.

I mean, it's weird enough as it is that Bahamut is resurrecting again so soon after Genesis, but that could be chalked up to Amira being a weird amalgam god key thing and that whole sealing situation not being as permanent as when the gods/demons originally did it. Hopefully this time they either seal it properly or by some miracle Cheerios can actually kill it, either way, I don't think ANOTHER Bahamut rising could really be accepted/dealt with narratively.

Then you should probably stop.

No.

Now GTFO.

>or by some miracle Cheerios can actually kill it
This would literally be the worst ending

Yes?

No, they'll ruin her too just like they did with Favaro and Kaisar. The only reason Rita isn't ruined is because she barely has any screen time. The only character that's been improved is Jeanne. And only because she was a cardboard box character wise in Genesis.

>I mean, it's weird enough as it is that Bahamut is resurrecting again so soon after Genesis
What pisses me off about this is that the only word of explanation we got for this was "Because Martinet said so!" Way to undercut the epicness of the last season's conclusion and stakes. Way to build up the scale of the adventure, with a hand wave comment from some fag's notebook.

Hey man, it's either cheerios killing it with Dromos or angels and demons asspulling some kind of victory and sealing it again, even though they don't have the gods/demons who are as powerful as the old ones who sealed it originally.

Not saying either would be good, just that these are the only options there really are, any ending at this point would probably be at least sub-par.

It also makes Amira and Favaro's decision at the end of Genesis less impactful. All of that and Bahamut was going to wake up again in about 10 years or so anyway? This entire plot was written in order to accommodate Charioce and it shows.

Inb4 Nina decides to sit down and have a chat with Bahamut as a fellow dragon, asking why he's so angry all the time and that he needs to learn to control his powers just like she did, finally managing to make him chill the fuck out and they all lived happily ever after in the kingdom of Mistarcia.

No.

kaisar has been a fucking disgrace all season long. Kindly fuck off already you retarded delusional kaisarfag.

Honestly I'd probably be amazed at that ending.

This season has been using the sloppiest narrative measures all throughout the season.

The problem is that it doesn't make sense in any way. Lorewise Bahamut is the world's reset button, he s there to destroy and start again and nothing is even close to his power. Storywise why the fuck Bahamut is still alive if the ancient civilization could destroy him? Hell, by logic they could deploy more Dromos than Cheerios so it's not possible for someone that barely understand a weapon succeed where its creators that could use numbers of said weapon failed. Also, why the fuck would Martinet research a way to stop Bahamut? He literally pulled all the conflict in Genesis so Bahamut could kill everybody, this can only make sense if it's a lie he prepared to fool whoever has power and got close to his notes in case his first plan failed. It's also true that it doesn't make sense for angels and demons to stop Bahamut when they are so weakened. And not only Cheerios killing Bahamut doesn't make sense for what I wrote before, they will try to pull that everything he did was noble if he does succeed. Either that happens or Bahamut destroys the world. There is literally no way the ending won't be shit as things are

Literally said that there would be no ending at this point that wouldn't be some level of bad

kill yourself fucking imbecile

Best solution is to make another season set 1000 years after this one with Kaisar and favaro great great great grandkids as protagonists. Rita could even be in it too that way.

Go suck on your mamas tit kiddo.

> Kaisar and favaro great great great grandkids

If it was that far ahead there wouldn't be much point in even having them be related, same with the general idea of setting it that far in the future.

> Rita could even be in it too that way

Honestly I figure she would have killed herself by that point.

Also in this case you'd have to go by the fact that Favaro had kids with someone other than Amira and Kaisar managed to stop being a dense idiot and actual notice + woo a girl.

What I mean is that even sub-par is too generous. What awaits us is complete shit and there is nothing we can do about it

> There's nothing we can do about it

It's not like this show is holding you hostage user, you can stop watching whenever you like, better late then never.

They have baby Jesus on his way. Cheerios killing it literally the shittiest ending known to man. I'll take Baby Jesus sealing it away with a kiss over Cheerios retarded plan paying off.

It is more likely to have Cheerios sacrifice himself to seal Bahamut away AGAIN a la Amira style, as in take him to another dimension, or the moon even, if those shots of the moon they've been shoving at our faces since the beginning were meant to be some kind of foreshadowing.

>you can stop watching whenever you like
That still won't change how Virgin Soul ruined RoB, it would be like ignoring a bullet wound and pretending everything will be alright while doing nothing

> It would be like ignoring a bullet wound

No, it'd be like if you stopped watching a show you once enjoyed but don't now.

You aren't going to get a serious infection or die from not watching a show.

Shit, now you reminded me about the bahamoon. Man, I thought bahamut would emerge from the moon or that it would play in to his awakening in some cool way but nope, it was just an empty visual.

Wasn't there a lot of imagery about Bahamut's like, shape or something being in the moon? Even in genesis? I think it's actually in that second OP, too.

>Nina single-handedly destroyed the entire franchise

That's Cheerios.

No, Cheerios worked well as a villain. Though Nina wasn't bad at the start she wasn't good either and it was her romance what ruined everything

>it was her romance what ruined everything
It takes two to tango. Cheerios also brought in all those edgy kids who ate up the Gary Stu characterisation and think the "slavery is justified' is brillaint writing.

Not that user, but I am getting the strangest sense of deja vu from your post. I think I saw something with the same post and image in a Symphogear thread once.

I searched for ways to dance tango alone just to nitpick your example, but yes, I can agree it was the both of them. I do think that Cheerios started better as a villain despite the gary stu thing and Sup Forumsfags, but you can argue that makes it worse.
I actually found a video about dancing tango alone

Well, I didn't post there, but the basic idea is pretty common sense, if you're really, really not enjoying a show at all, then you should stop watching it.

I mean, even in the cases where people go "Oh I'm only sticking around because of (x) character", you should probably still drop it, because you still aren't enjoying it and will probably be disappointed whether character (x) gets slightly more screentime or not, since, as said before, you don't like the show.

Just seems kind of weird at how people are still complaining but have already watched this much of a show they don't enjoy. Discussing it is one thing, but I don't know why you'd follow along if you genuinely weren't enjoying yourself at least to some degree.

> Tango dancing alone

That must be dancing equivalent to masturbating, how sad.

Judge by yourself
youtube.com/watch?v=kthwuoZrAHc

How's Japan reacting to Cheerios and Nina anyway.

I wish I had gone to boobies instead of coming to this planet.

Some people just don't want to drop a season and see it all the way through. Or they just want to shut up anyone that tells them 'you didn't even watch it to the end, how would you know?' type of criticism.

Twitter hints at Azazel debut in GBF. Too bad it's some shitty Nina event.

I marathoned all of Genesis. How did Virgin Soul become a shit show?

>No, Cheerios worked well as a villain.

Weren't you paying attention? He was a tragic anti-hero the entire time, and Jeanne has become a demon in her heart.

I dropped this mid-rejection episode.
Is there any real reason for me to pick it back up?

Shippers.

It got rid of everything that was good about Genesis and replaced it about a shitty romance hijacking any trace of common sense.

It's LITERALLY fanfiction level of writing, where you make a OC (that would be your self insert) and you write him as the strongest motherfucker on the planet, BTFO every single OP entity in the universe, make all the bitches fall in love with him for nothing and lastly, you construct the entire narrative around the OC and give him the best possible circumstances so it's virtually impossible for him to be wrong in any situation.

The animators are the MVP, probably care about their work the most.

Looks like this will be focusing on the capital.

I don't know why you fuckers are complaining when Genesis had the same problems, cool shenanigans and characters until the plot started kicking in. The one broad problem i see holding Virgin Soul back is that the characters didn't reach their full potencial for various reasons.

>I don't know why you fuckers are complaining when Genesis had the same problems, cool shenanigans and characters until the plot started kicking in.
Character building is fine when it's not used as an excuse to circlejerk a romance for 24 episodes.

Genesis had 3 real stinker episodes. VS is retarded all around.

Im in EP 13, thinking of dropping it but not 100% sure. Should i continue?

Speaking of Genesis, we can all agree that Genesis's OP>both of Virgin Soul's OP right?

youtube.com/watch?v=kYW1wrYOxy8

No doubt

Despite its flaws, Genesis had Amira who totally should've been in the GBF anime in most of its episodes which kinda made up for things even when the plot kicked in. Nina is decidedly unlikable, which makes things more of a drag.

Is this game of thrones?

So much this. It's clear that both seasons were made by people with talent and passion for the medium.
It's most frustrating to see so much wasted potential when the character designs, background art and animation quality are all top notch, and dare I say, almost a level above most tv productions out there, only to be ruined with the most absolute horseshit writing.

Yesterday I had a dream about the finale of Virgin Soul.
For some reason there was a way to appease Bahamut by going to some temple. Nina and Charioce and some other people rush inside. Meanwhile Kaisar and Favaro bicker outside and never manage to get into the temple. But the scene never switches. We hear their entire argument, when suddenly the temple starts exploding. Nina and Charioce somehow make it out again and say Bahamut isn't a problem anymore. A more detailed explanation is never given.
There's an epilogue scene of Nina riding in a cart with Jeanne. Suddenly it switched to some live action actresses playing them, that looked nothing like them and Nina reveals that she can psychically communicate with Mugaro, who is still dead. Jeanne nearly has some kind of crap attack and falls into a ditch. The show ends with some sequel baiting with Nina talking about resurrecting Mugaro.

What does it say about the series that very little of this seems unlikely to actually happen?

I hear ya, I probably wouldn't keep watching even out of morbid curiosity if it weren't for that.

that ending sounds like shit, perfect for VS

Guess my subconscious sucks as a script writer, huh?
In any case this is the first time I can remember having an anime related dream.
I feel like my massive disappointment with how this show turned out has taken some kind of toll on me.

She is going to stop Jeanne taking revenge.

Well, I think it's a bit better than the writer we have

Please no. As if she couldn't become any more unlikable.

Die

>Soon

I said fuck every thing up, not make the show better.

>Nina can't find a way to fuck up dying
>Being this stupid

Jean and her son are both very fuckable, it's very regrettable what happened.

The son of man will return to save the world. Wait for Jesuschan

Season 3 announced

This scared me for a second after the page refreshed. Be more careful user.

I would actually like this, but only if the animation staff all remained and the old writing staff were entirely replaced.

If they don't deal with Bahamut in this series and only manage to make it dormant, sure that would be okay. But it would need to be sleeping right outside of the capital for pressure. Either way, nobody can save this story user. It's beyond trashed. The only way to save the Bahamut series would be to declare all of Virgin Souls non-cannon.

I'd rather like to see a movie sequel treatment like what MAPPA did with Garo, only with, of course, a major overhaul in the writing department.

Two more episodes to go lads

Finally, this cancer is almost over. Remember to send hate mail after it inevitably ends badly

>Mugarita The premium zombie beverage

Stop trying to make Mugarita happen. It's never gonna happen.

>MugaRita won't happen
>You when the last episode airs.