E.U. Leader Threatens Tariffs on Bourbon and Bluejeans

>E.U. Leader Threatens Tariffs on Bourbon and Bluejeans in Retaliation for Trump’s Plan

>BERLIN — The European Union will hit back at the heart of the United States, slapping tariffs on products like Harley-Davidsons, Kentucky bourbon and bluejeans, if President Trump goes ahead with a plan to place tariffs on steel and aluminum imports, the president of the bloc’s executive arm vowed on Friday.

>Jean-Claude Juncker, president of the European Commission, made the remarks to the German news media in reaction to the proposed tariffs. Mr. Junker said the plans to tax the American goods, produced in the home states of key Republic leaders, had not yet been finalized, but amounted to treating them “the same way” that European products would be handled if the metals tariffs go through.

>“None of this is reasonable, but reason is a sentiment that is very unevenly distributed in this world,” Mr. Juncker declared. He said any measures taken by the bloc would conform with rules set by the World Trade Organization, Mr. Juncker said.

nytimes.com/2018/03/02/business/europe-steel-tariffs-trump.html

Other urls found in this thread:

driving.ca/toyota/corolla/auto-news/news/the-top-10-best-selling-cars-in-the-world-for-2015
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why do we care about an unelected belgian again?

Fear the wrath of the mighty EU, Drumpfkins. RAAAWRRRR
>blue jeans
>bourbon
Still not sure if this is satire or something.

Oh no, how will the US ever survive without imported bourbon and blue jeans? If only we had such things made domestically...

this, bring it faggots. if you wanna play with the big dogs then lets fuckin play

>bourbon
>jean
>motorcycles

europe puts a tariff on being cool

its actually other way around read the article

Shut up nigger we make all of those things, retarded

naw man they're gonna make our bourbon and blue jeans cost more in the EU

They're basically saying 'If you don't do what we tell you, we're going to raise prices on our own citizens!'

It's the other way around, they're threatening to tax Kentucky bourbon and bluejeans they import from the U.S.

you got it backwards silly

>Blue Jeans
>Bourbon
>Harley Davidson's
Is this nigger Juncker serious?

Winning a trade war against the E.U. may be possible, given two things: the U.S. secures trade with China, and the NAFTA agreement with Canada remains intact.

However, the U.S. Citizen needs to know they're going to have to give up some things.

All in all, I see it as unnecessary. The U.S. Economy can create jobs for those who lose theirs to trade.

>expecting anybody on Sup Forums to read and then comprehend what they've read

Hi welcome.

Tariffs on burkas, goats, and magnum condoms incoming?

what exactly are we losing?

a slight decrease in demand for luxury products?

blue jeans, christ, what do you people have against the slave garment workers of Bhangladesh ?

leave em be,

you're making us look bad faggot

Last time you mongrels tried this Bush had capitulate to the EU. What makes you think It'll be any different this time?

This would kill the Asia. us imports most manufactured goods from ASIA straight to European market. No shipping no harbor fees...etc.

This isn't significant, but it may escalate. At that point, it may get inconvenient for the Middle Class and a little rough for the lower. I don't think it'll be bad overall, but people need to know it won't be a panacea.

Says the guy whose steel consumers are having to pay more now

Leave the bourbon alone, EU fags

Most of the jeans sold here in Canada are made in goddamned Mexico or bangledesh or some third world shithole, so what impact does the EU expect to make?
Seriously, if there are "made in USA" jeans available here, then lead me to the fuckers!

We are a 150 Trillion dollar a year GDP. Your loss. Fucking retards going to burn their own nation to the ground. These people already have tariff

i have yet to hear or see anything that says US steel mills are working at capacity

90% of those items sold in the eu are counterfeit anyway

manufacturing that relies upon foreign steel and aluminum...

oh nooooo
stop buying our cars oil computers phones etc and then maybe you'll scare us
but you'll never do that
we need you a lot less than you need us
and everything you offer us we'll gladly build ourselves like we used to do
it doesn't work both ways

>big dogs

Pretty sure every pair of bluejeans I've ever laid my eyes upon was made anywhere except europe. The monopoly men will be most affected by bourbon prices.

I hope this is bait

I doubt it will curb the alcoholism.

In america they try to propagandize you like what are you doing its a free market everywhere, in reality its markets that already have their own tarrifs who are upset the american permanent free ride is ending

you're talking to the current ruler of the seas
Mr. Iamruledbythreewomen

Breh....do you know how tarrifs work?

The tariffs are specifically targeting Republican industries in Republican states. The EU wants the threaten republicans with potential jobloss in their constituencies, meaning less votes come election.

Kentucky bourbon is meant to harm Mitch McConnell.
Wisconsin motorcycles is meant to harm Paul Ryan.
Among many others meant to overall hurt the Republicans, Trump and their voters.

They want to hit politicians where it truly hurts, instead of just putting some equal tariffs on steel for money.

They did the exact same thing against Bush and it worked.

This also may be a good time for the U.S. to pivot eastwards towards Chinese and Pacific trade, which is something that's been overdue after all.

Who the fuck buys European jeans?

Faggots, that's who.

>cars
>phones
>computers

None of these things are made in muttstania. Are you drunk?

Listen to me mutts.
If u really want to fuck EU in the ass, go for the beast's heart, Germoney.
Tariffs for the fuckin German cars to the max.
No one buys American cars here, its a war they'll 100% lose.

Does USA produce anything anyway? Most of stuff is made in China.

>EU is so out of touch they are trying a tactic that worked with Bush of all people
my fucking sides

You do know traitors will be executed in the upcoming war, right?

This sounds like foreign election meddling to me!

Any serious trade pressure will crack the EU like an egg.
Trump's steel tariffs will basically cripple ArcelorMittal and ThyssenKrupp, which really only hurts Luxembourg and Germany respectively.
Retaliatory tariffs on bourbon and Levis won't do shit and will only serve to increase anti-EU sentiment as EU nations who are relatively unaffected by the steel tariffs start paying more as a result of the retaliatory tariffs.
We hold all the cards, Juncker, and now we're playing them. Prepare your asshole.

Who gives shit i Drink scotish whiskey english gin.

We bet friken Brxit deal.

I want new Honda made in Uk as well

>Impose Economic Tariffs on Germay
>Eastern Europe pulls out of the E.U.
>Germany economy collapse
>Hitler 2.0
How many times do we have to teach you this lesson, Germany?

>instead of just putting some equal tariffs on steel for money.
thats because harming European steel consumers is worse than harming users of alcohol and clothing because the first one are actually businesses

Sounds like a weak and divided america to me, desu.

>there are no American car manufacturing companies
based retard

>bourbon and blue jeans

This sounds like the title to a country song.

That's the whole point. The US steel industry is crap and Trump thinks the can "rescue" it somehow.

Give us a good outside opponent, watch how quickly the giant wakes. We've been fighting little Islamic nations for decades now.

56% IQ

>US tariff steel and industrial shit
> EU tariffs Blue Jeans, Bourbon, and Harley Davidson's
LMAO

I don’t think you understand what a tariff is, retard

ha ha, who buys american cars? the same people buying british cars? your economy is a total meme, youve flooded the world with dollars and point guns at people to prove they are worth something.

You're right that Trump is less likely than Bush to buckle. But I still believe he'll do the same eventually. It's not just Trump, it'll hurt all republicans, who in turn will pressure Trump to reverse his stance. And as we've seen he can easily be persuaded by other republicans.

Bourbon is literally only made in America, otherwise it's not Bourbon.

HAHA its over mutts.
Muh Godkike Emperor Drumpf will handle that Easy.I will bend you on the knees and drink all that "yuropoor" semen to the last drops

Yeah, no. You are politically, ethnically and culturally fucked up. It was the same under Bush. No coherent american identity and extreme political tribalism makes it easy for us.

More reason to worry about China or Russia even.

How many people do you see drinking bourbon? Driving a Harley?
Domestic markets dominate the business of the companies chosen. It is a really poor selection of things to tariff.

you idiots are completely ignorant
look up top US exports
memes aren't real
there are many many things made in the US

american education, everyone

Yes, it worked against the Bush presidency.
Will it work against the Trump presidency?

fipbip

What do you actually produce?

as long as it also mentions a pickup truck

It was a sound economic strategy up to thirty years ago. Nowadays chineese steel is just too cheap to compete with on a large scale.

I need four roses to survive

>2 items that have a very long shelflife
>import companies will just set up different routes

I also can't fucking wait for Trump to propose some tariffs on European cars. That will be a fun circus to watch.

Absinthe
Diesel
Triumph or Ducati

>implying eurocucks can handle bourbon

who gives a shit? its already 50 (((euros))) a bottle for bourbon over there anyways

They are not, the price in steel should still rise, but the hope is that it's an overall net gain for the economy.

wealth

Don't be silly. The EU are the the good guys, not russian hackers. They would never do something as insidious as this.

Moonshine and overalls are fine

European cars are already made in the US

Does anyone here outside the US actually drink bourbon? Just curious.

>burger education

>Soybeans 1.6%

domestic steel demand will go up if european steel costs more than american steel

on the flipside, i don't know about the european demand for harleys, bourbon and blue jeans. i know blue jeans are big in asia

Forgot your memeflag faggot

The point is to make the price rise to the point where steel mills can operate with the expenditure that environmental laws demand.

The reason steel left in the first place is because it's cheaper to operate in China, thus their steel is cheaper.

Generally speaking, they are assembled here from parts made elsewhere. This can also be true for our domestic manufacturers, as well.

you forgot your GED brainlet

every first world country buys American cars you imbecile
particularly china and the UK
and almost all cars made anywhere have American parts in them
and we make computers and phones you stupid neanderthal
why don't you actually research shit instead of talking out of your ass and laughing about what you say

also
you're telling me you've never seen a
>dodge
>ford
>Buick
>chevrolet
>Chrysler
>Cadillac
>JEEP
???
lemme guess you didn't realize those were american...
stupid moron

>can't fucking wait for Trump to propose some tariffs on European cars
>Literally causing the equilibrium car prices to rise for the whole market
yeah you really got them there

The EU makes lots of its own steel. Germany, France, Luxembourg have the capacity. The eu tariffs the shit out of stuff all the time.

Why can’t the United States just one fucking time exercise sovereignty without the eu, China, or American liberals having a tantrum?

nope

Come on. Its just trashy whiskey. We drink eau de vie with twice the favour and twice the alcool degree. Even your beer is piss. And you still manage, somehow, to get drunk with these. Kek.

>cars are only made in Europe

>56

Do we even make blue jeans? Bourbon is so 2012. Rye whiskey is the new thing. Harley Davidson is the Apple iPhone of motorcycles. If idiots want it, they'll pay whatever price.

Because it's not Bush in the White House.

3rd, 4th, and 9th most sold cars are American
driving.ca/toyota/corolla/auto-news/news/the-top-10-best-selling-cars-in-the-world-for-2015