Hello Sup Forums

Hello Sup Forums.
I'm from /biz/.
I'm making this thread to see how many of you are interested in cryptokcurrency. You see, the blockchain can beat (((them))), but I'll only explain how you guys are adequately interested.

I am, I don't know much about crypto so help me out here

Do you really want to know what /biz/ is getting into?
It's not just flipping shitcoins. We may soon see a radical shift in how we all do business.
Doing so however I will send you all down the crypto rabbit hole. Are you sure you want this Sup Forums?

Guess Sup Forums really isn't interested in taking power away from (((them))).
Oh well.

Sup Forums isn't going to bump the price of your failed investment. Sorry.

You can't if I told you, the white paper goals aren't even met yet. Any momentary pump Sup Forums can bring by buying into what I'm talking about is nothing compared to what it will be worth in the future, so I wouldn't sell. Sorry for trying to help you.

take your worthless, useless internet money back to /biz/

Can there just be like, an blockchain based coordination of the torrent networks yet?
I don't understand why any team hasn't done this.
Blockchain maintains a smart contract interface to search for content and its currency is traded through seeding and leeching.
The price of currency is conrolled by the supply/demand of seed/leech.

Because no one would use it when torrenting is already free and streaming would be less expensive then that.

My body is ready, teach me /biz/ friend.

Bitcoin Private YAAAAAASSSS!

What I envisaged is a 'walled garden' network, the value isn't in the content itself but the availability and accesibility.
Basically, popcorn time but it actually works, and the developers behind it are credited with the cryptocurrency, which drives motivation to expand the catalog.

We have 200 torents of one movie file, each torrent with 3 seeders. When it could be consolidated into a single high-quality file with all the seeders supplying it.

All the problems of torrenting today can be solved with the blockchain.

FUCK OFF WITH YOUR SHITCOIN SHILLING FAGGOT, I HOPE YOU GET LUNG CANCER MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOUR LUNG CANCER FUCK OFF FAT NECKBEARD BITCH

Zencash is better than BTCPin every technical aspect.

Calm down, toothpaste.

Both are irrelevant.

You can't police my power level hambo

Present

Sup Forums is currently working on a coin. Keep an eye out.

I already cashed out. Convince me to buy back in.

I'll make a new thread at my computer when I'm home. I need to type it out beforehand and I'm on my phone. Prepare for a loooooooong dive into the technology. Crypto has a big future but not in the way most of you think. Infact, most cryptocurrency will die and a few significant ones will rise out of the ashes.
You need normies to buy in for a crypto to have value. No normies buying in = no value.

I'll be back in a few hours.

problems of torrenting?? wut problems?

What you're saying really isn't feasible m8.

>qbittorent + peerblock (if on Windows)

>nyaa.si + bakabt.com + iptorrents.com + thepiratebay.org
Torrenting is as is literally the greatest thing ever

I thought Monero was the official currency of the alt right.

We need a reliable way to pay content creators and host content in a decentralized way to win the info war.

This isn't even about the info war. It's about the end of Jew controlled banking. I need to go now. I'll be back in a few hours to explain everything.

buy chainlink.

1) Sites getting shutdown - can't do that with a blockchain smart contract.
2) Super New Content - nobodys going to put their lives on the line to leak new content, but a bounty of cyrptocurrency may entice them.
3) Quality - a person motived by the value of their crypto holding will be eager to control the quality of the network.
4) System coordination - quality managed network of torrents, with its seeders consolidated means faster download times.
5) Smart contract interface - presents an on-demenad service that can operate through a web brower on phone, pc, android tv box.
6) Participant motivation - seeders will leave their systems running to accumulate (even fractions) currency, opposed to the current system of download and shut down. They will actively seek to provide content that is high in demand to maximise their accumulation of currency.
Most of us could find a way to get it for free, but look at Netflix and Spotify.
We can get the shit for free, but a convenient, packaged interface is enough to make us cough up $12 a month for shitty Netflix content.
Imagine if the same people could find anything they want, and tell me they wouldn't spend free tokens to get it.

Sounds kind of like Filecoin monetizing IPFS.

Pls post link to new thread

I'm interested. How feasible do you think it is to use mining crypto as an alternate payment method in lieu of or supplementing ads for a site like youtube? I did some basic digging and at least for bitcoin it doesn't seem useful since the high end specialized mining rigs needed outperform regular gpus by several factors, but I don't know about using a less difficult to mine currency.

Exactly, and a widely distrubted network of layman users with free storage to seed anything could actually make ideas like Filecoin or Storj feasible.

Not interested

Bump

The problem is anticipiating what systems the clients have, everyone's computers are different.
A single token would have to be fairly simple to accomodate the capabilities of many machines, the puzzle would have to be designed to make the least powerful machines profitable.
And with that being the case, everyone with a powerul machine or rigs would want to mine the shit out of it.
Which would drive its price down, making the currency generated from actual users fairly worthless.

Yeah, that's sort of my thoughts, so it would maybe need to be controlled on some sort of maximum allowance from the app's end. Like, it uses a flat X amount of system resources from any machine while you watch videos or something.