Anyone here /prep/?

Anyone getting ready for when shit hits the fan?

Product suggestions and Bug our bags pics are appreciated

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/science/asteroid-kill-dinosaurs-fifth-mass-extinction-endless-night-winter-18-month-rain-fire-ice-age-a7904491.html
youtube.com/watch?v=P73REgj-3UE
offgridsurvival.com/livingonaboat/
sailmagazine.com/cruising/so-you-wanna-be-a-liveaboard
blueturtletrawler.com/choosing-right-liveaboard-boat/
amazon.ca/Potassium-Iodide-tablets-U-S-P-130/dp/B00006NT3A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1520043857&sr=8-1&keywords=potassium iodide
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Has anyone tried the life straw? Is it worth a purchase?

Pic related what I’m working on putting together rn

All I have is a couple containers of freeze dried meat. Money is a little tight. /poorfag/

Howcome none of you preppers take any salt I never see any salt and it's the most important thing to take. take as much as you can. If you don't understand how important this is you'll die anyways

Everything in my collection is really cheap only around 1k investment

A good start besides beans, bullets, and band-aids:

Portable jump starter for cars
Solar charger
Life straw
Topo graphs of your area and exit route
Older gen cellphone pre-loaded with useful offline apps
Black plastic garbage bags
Zip ties of various sizes
Mini-crowbar
Padlocks and keys

>freeze dried meat
Heard this stuff's the real shit for food-prep.
All I've got is a weeks worth of tinned food and a bug-out bag

Are you talking about using it to cure meat? It takes a lot of fucking salt to cure meat so it may be to heavy to carry it around. Either way if I was at my house i would probably have a container of salt on hand

>Howcome none of you preppers take any salt

Because most of them are fucking retards who think they're going to fight and lead some biblical war. Instead of learning shit like canning like our ancestors did, they're stocking up on muh guns and MREs and lifted "bug out" fag trucks.

Yeah having a little food on hand is good but you will need another food source for anything long term no matter what

He's talking about iodized salt. We need it in our diet and in a survival situation it is critical and difficult to come by

Not only that you need it for storing water in your body without it you'll die. There was a reason that Roman soldiers got paid in salt. it's even why you have the world salary.

You will die if you have no salt in the area that's why sandniggers and niggers cross the fucking desert to bring salt.

Life straw is legit but a sawyer filter is better. I use pic related when I go backpacking even though I have a life straw.

Fucking retards have no idea how difficult it is.

Yep, pic related.

We all need to travel to a place where there is snow melt to supply fresh water

I would probably manage. I’ve hunted, fished and grown my own vegatables my entire life. I have a nice pond with tons of fish near my house. I also have US marine combat training. I’m sure a low land Jew like yourself has never even shot a gun

Yeah, Jews have no experience with firearms whatsoever. /s

He may not be an ethnic Jew but the Dutch are basically just as bad as Jews.

>International merchants
>Wear funny hats
>Degenerate behaviors
>Socially subversive

Yes and you never put salt on any meat? You fucking retard.

>I also have US marine combat training.

good to hear will call you when we need sandbags to be filled.

Idk about the Dutch but the Jews definitely know about guns see IMI.

Do they Dutch make guns too.

>have US marine combat training
Ribbon stack or gtfo

Meh those are Amsterdam folk all Jews desu. the Franks never had anything to do with the slaves. it were the Portuguese Jews that were kicked out and settled in Amsterdam, started the banking and colonizing shit.

I have two but I have yet to use them. Been meaning to, though.

food, water, medicine (antibiotics, iosat), cash and gold/silver is a good idea, altho currently I have no gold/silver. gun(s) of course

and isolation. an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

likeminded individuals is a good idea. we are social creatures and we help each other

for ww3, get way away, probably antarctica? the moon? it's going to get hot hot hot hot hot

then cold cold cold

gotta go into bunker mode

>It is a vision of hell on Earth. The sun disappeared behind a cloud of smoke that encircled the planet, turning day into night and causing temperatures to plummet as fire rained down from above.

>Average temperatures would have fallen by about 28 degrees Celsius [82.4° Fahrenheit] on land and 11C over the oceans.

independent.co.uk/news/science/asteroid-kill-dinosaurs-fifth-mass-extinction-endless-night-winter-18-month-rain-fire-ice-age-a7904491.html

>Anyone getting ready for when shit hits the fan?

Yeah and when will that be? People have been preping for the past 25 years for shit to hit the fan and nothing has happened. We even got the biggest terror attack in American history with 9/11 and shit is still exactly the same. The rich are still rich, the poor are still poor and the middle class is still taking it up the ass everyday. Just bussiness as usual and the next 25 years nothing will change

ITS HAPPENING WAS ALWAYS BE A SHITTY BUZZWORD

Where are you going to "bug-out" to? I promise you there is already better prepared people who will be where ever you will go and they will kill you.
The best bet is to stay put and appear as destitute and hungry as possible, lest your local law enforcement come and take your generator, guns, and kill your dog.

My bug out bag contents:
One bottle of fine scotch
One helium exit bag

no, I play the chaos. I don't prepare for it.

>sawyer filter is better.
Have you ever had to back flush it yet?
I picked one up a while back but haven't used it yet. Seems it will filter a life time supply of water also.

mums basement.

prepping will never work. All you guys are doing is storing it for those that have the means and will to just kill you all and take it. The only way to survive is team up and start building walls like all those old had. Build those walls and moats.

*old towns

I live in rural Texas. I know my area really well and know where to hunt and fish. I would prefer to stay in my neck of the woods so the bug out bag is really just precationary

Is one bottle enough to get the job done?
Prepping and bug out bags are for blue pilled fags that think they are red pilled.

No one's gonna nuke South America or New Zealand

Safe to say that a selection of salt, pepper and other seasonings would be a great thing to have.

I’m not just talking about nukes. I’m also preparing for Civil War, Biblical Apocalypse, shelter Skelter, etc

I would get one as an emergency filter.

How many other Texans have that idea? Will work for you for a short time before all wildlife is gone.

That is not a type 56. And you do not own that rifle. Liar

Yeah I prep too.
I do it low key and more based on gap between needing to go to supplies and initial crops. Main limitation is where my house is. I live right on a lake, I've thrown around getting a new place a few miles away (Go half a mile away from the lake and you're in the country) down side would be that I wouldn't have a boat dock.
Thing is, I could instead set myself as hunting and fishing as the prime bring in for a SHTF scenario.

You're going to be taxed to death and it's going to be funneled into inner cities, if you're expecting a firefight you're nuts and if you would shoot people over (((money))) then you don't have kids or don't give a fuck about them so good riddance

Survivalism and self-sufficiency is good to know in case of natural disasters but the post-apocalyptic side of it always blows my mind

I won’t even finish the bottle, maybe just a glass or two. If cigarettes kept longer I’d throw a pack in there as well.

I’m not worried about some pussy-ass happening, I’m worried shit is gonna get real biblical real soon and that’s my queue to go home.

you're one of those "better prepared, already there" people.
I don't have a mum anymore, or a basement, but i've kitted out my house to look like i'm barely getting by, but trying. Clean and maintained, but not "new", or "expensive" looking. I can get all the dancing pixie juice i need from solar, and i have a super quiet generator if the sun don't shine. I can black out everything and look like no one is home, or maybe just candle light.
I'll be at the food drops, i'll be asking for handouts, and help, even though i dont need it. if you're around people the last thing you want to do is appear "well prepared" or tough. For the love of god dont wear camo or try to look tactical. People will kill you just to take your shit, and you'll look like a threat.

I have 1000 lbs of the stuff. Cost me $35

So I have a question that you guys may or may not be able to help with.

So I've been interested in having a bug out cabin for when shit hits the fan, but I do not have the income or know how to build a livable cabin from materials. Would it be viable to buy a large shed, insulate it, and wire it with solar for survival reasons? I have a good lead on some nice land deep in some woods near my home. I'm hoping to get a decent setup in place by the end of the year just to be prepared, then use my free time afterwards improving the site or even starting a "real" cabin.

Any suggestions on good small buildings to start with? Would i be better off with a metal structure? Is solar alone enough if I only intend to use electricity for lighting and heat? Should i spring for a generator?

I agree with you user, the next shtf will be epic, I have no I kids so no delusion I will survive our want to.

How much alcohol does one need to off themselves, asking for myself.

you don't have to backwash it very much at all unless you are filtering muddy water or water with a lot of particulate. It is always a good idea to back flush it before you store it though

I'd probably be dead, I have a gun so i'll shoot my way out as far as I can.
Only things i'm scared of are
>Civil War
>Financial Collapse (the most likely)
Financial Collapse will trigger Civil War will trigger opportunist countries therefore WW3.
Trust me.

You can live without pepper, if you only eat shit without salt you'll die, something trivial with keeping water in your body. Not even speaking of the Iodine deficiency in some countries good luck making those hormones that keep you alive.(why did Sup Forums never figure out why kosher salt doesnt contain iodine....

I recommend an English breed of dog called the Whippet. Get at least two of them and they'll keep your stew pot full of rabbit, squirrel, prairie dog, rat, etc... without having to use any precious bullets.

>I do not have the income or know how to build a livable cabin from materials
Just build a small log cabin, which can be done next to nothing with some work, and go online and see what is doable. It's really not that hard to build a small cabin from your own logs.
The world is at your finger tips.

Make sure you defend it like gold.

My favorite youtube preeper turned out to be one of the biggest counterfeit gun manufacturers of europe.

build one on national forest in a "wilderness area"
i know of a few where i hunt that were built just for people who find them to use.
sometimes when im in the woods i'll staple a shrink wrapped $50 to a tree along a game trail or near a natural camping spot. Come back a year or so later to see if it's still there and I know about the traffic in a certain spot.

>why did Sup Forums never figure out why kosher salt doesnt contain iodine....

Financial collapse will led to the shutting down of most industrial activities. No more pollution to block sun rays, global temperature raises a few degrees within short time, game over agricultural.

As a dead minimum it's possible, though a mess and not really worth the effort. You can look up guides on building your own hunting cabin for cheap. Problem with a lot of the sheds are the size limitations for basic survival.

The problem is that your fall back position needs to be more than some woods. Vacant lots are actually preferable because you can then convert the land to produce food. Having water is also important as it allows you to have a water source and a secondary supply of food. Furthermore, quiet spots and openings are prime places for hunting as animals tend to seek them out for watering. A marsh or a small lake is also beneficial in this regard and is often an oasis for life in the middle of nothing.

Solar will not be enough for heat. If we use the standard space heater you can buy at wal mart, for example, it takes 600 watts an hour. If you run it 24/7 the wattage adds up quickly. To the point where your solar system would not be able to keep pace with the energy demands. Better to get a small wood stove for heat really. You can easily gather the wood needed and the radiative heat is higher for an overall lower energy cost.

I use kelp tablets for iodine and thyroid protection.
Personally don't wanna live without salt for flavor,

My main concern is doing all the work and fucking up, having nothing to show for my work. For now I would like to get a shelter up and basic needs fulfilled without much chance of a major failure. After I have a safety net I would absolutely want to try building my own cabin.

>No more pollution to block sun rays, global temperature raises a few degrees
Hold up, I thought that the current state of the world affairs concluded that the industries released smog and that would trap heat?
Why wouldn't the opposite happen if they shut down?

Always ready,

Will do, same with my spices and some other stuff.

I was "downsized" a few years back from a high end job. Didn't like it anyways as it was a lot of cultural issues (I am Sup Forums, and some of programming is leftist as hell.) So me and the wife purchased 40 acres of wood, I built a cabin in a clearing, and we started to homestead. We are "Poor" but the quality of life is 1000x better and now we have 3 kids too.

I would love to have 100 acres but we are doing well.

Metal needs insulation and some kind of coating to protect it from rust.

Alright, look up this guy on youtube:
youtube.com/watch?v=P73REgj-3UE
His videos are basically the ultimate how to build your own survival shelters from nothing. He never says a single word and his shit is built to last. Turn on closed captioning for some in depth discussions and details.

The helium exit bag is for offing myself, the alcohol is just something to enjoy before I go.

iodized salt is better. kelp is mainly harvested near japan and australia, so it's full of radiation now.

Honestly the heat thing should have been obvious to me and I feel stupid now. Is solar even worthwhile for long-term isolation? I've been told cells break down pretty fast and your power output will slowly drop to 0 unless you replace panels.

Building a cabin that functional is easy - building one that looks nice is a lot of hard work. However you will thank yourself for that work later.

Reminder: if you don't prep you are not white

Does salt go bad? I have like 10lbs of it. But I guess I need more

Only if it gets water in it.

no and if you live no were near(sea salt mines etc) buy as much as you can get.

just dry it.

Msr bladder

Sell drugs

Get a good hand saw, bow saw etc. Much easier for blocking wood than an ax, or hatchet.

Friendly reminder: if the world comes crashing down, odds are the jews are making their final move. they will plunge us into darkness, then the false messiah will "save" us. when this happens, be prepared to fight against the false messiah with everything you have because it will truly be the end of the world if we don't stop them.

You have two options.

1. Build a log cabin. It really not that hard if you build from scratch.

2. Take one of the larger sheds and put in insulation. It quicker, but the cabin will look nicer and have better resale value and less complaints from nosy neighbors. If you are going off grid just avoid the generator as you need fuel. I put mine on the grid but if the grid goes down we go back to just using without power when the sun don't shine. The only loss would be the computer doesn't work anymore.

No, if push comes to shove you can break it up again if it gets to moisture.

You can buy it cheaply at places like aldi l

You gotta get more done dude. I got like 10k in guns ammo and hundred lbs of food. But it's taken me 8 years. Stick with it and stay focused. The day is coming.

Solar is viable for basic power. Each panel is rated for 20 years of use. That is based upon regular exposure to the sun and elements. The big thing to do is decide how much electricity will be used, calculate about 50% additional on top of that, add a bit more to be safe, and go from there. A lot of liveaboards do this and for a brief period of time I lived on a sail boat before moving back west to Ohio. Here's some basic information about that:
offgridsurvival.com/livingonaboat/
sailmagazine.com/cruising/so-you-wanna-be-a-liveaboard
blueturtletrawler.com/choosing-right-liveaboard-boat/

The trick here is that they set up their systems to be as self sufficient as possible while using as little power as possible too.

The iodine might get old. Sites say that it has a shelf life of 5 years.

>then the false messiah will "save" us. when this happens
More info on this? Care to expand?

its good for 10 years and for weaning yourself off power.

When we are plunged into darkness let's all remember the many nuclear power plants that will go Fukushima style melt down all over the US and Canada.

NIGGER WHERE'S THE IODINE

BTW, a great little investment for prepping is a potjie. It is a dutch oven with three legs the Boers made in south africa. It is great for cooking over wood.

Nuclear reactors only melt down if the core rods are still within a neutron reflective system. Once removed, the criticality is interrupted and radiation drops significantly. They cannot go critical if they are not in the core itself.

Im just gonna masturbate and yell Sup Forums help until an user saves me

Don't forget these, the price fluctuated depending on the times we are in:
amazon.ca/Potassium-Iodide-tablets-U-S-P-130/dp/B00006NT3A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1520043857&sr=8-1&keywords=potassium iodide

Listin the only way to survive is to team up because others will do and find that nice cabin of yours and kill you rape your wife for kids and thank you for all your hard work.

So dont build cabins, build forts. build walls around the place you live now.

you might stay alive on your own in the wild. But you have no chance in mating do you....No more offspring and after all that's why you are alive... So Team up

Mostly in the n hemisphere too. Ever wonder why the elite are buying up s America?
August review used to watch them well but I’ve not been keeping pace. Been prepping like a G. Sailboat and condoms all you really need. Couple of ropes maybe a good walking stick

Not really, Candu reactors won't, and even BWRs will not do that unless they are critically damaged.

All of those reactors are storing many years worth of spent fuel rods, when the power stops, and the back up generators stop you have what happened in Fukushima. Melt down to this day 7 years later.

I am on good terms with all the locals and if things go bad we watch out for each other.

17 reactors of the same type as the ones used in Fukushima Diachi area, built by GE. Along the US fault line.

Please elaborate on helium exit bag. I need to now more.

Pretty much this. You autists keep prepping for this big time event which will never come. Because they would never let it all happen at once. What is the point of controlling a chaos glassed floor land. What is going to happen is actually much more terrifying. The slow death of our civilization. Taking chunks out over the course of centuries. So little you barely notice, like a frog in a pot of water being slowly heated to boiling. You'll only notice when it is way to late. Have fun while you can lads, enjoy the semblance of society we have. There will be no big boom to star it, it's already started and we already lost. All that is left is to enjoy what we can die and rot.

You killed the thread