Htv2

With all this talk of some mysterious Russian missile, is it time to revisit the htv2?

Developed late 90s. Public by 2010. Now we're supposed to be scared of this Russian missile?

Other urls found in this thread:

defenseone.com/technology/2018/03/united-states-accelerating-development-its-own-invincible-hypersonic-weapons/146355/
youtube.com/watch?v=BMnMaS2t57Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Already operational

It's just a LARP

In real terms, Russia is still 40+ years behind us in tech

Is this the missile I heard that will plunk itself into ocean and cause a tsunami ?

so that's what I saw up north, it would explain the obscenely long blue plume that appeared in the night sky and looked like it shot forward at a fantastic rate. Guess the weed wasn't as good as I thought

#3 on its way

Except its not you dense faggots

/x/ retards believe in super weapons flying around unnoticed despite the fact that every inch of the sky is observed these days and even armature gear can catch something going mach 20 or whatever the fuck.

Go ahead and keep believing trillions are being spent on retarded super weapons and (((they'll))) continue pocketing the cash.

>on it's way

Kek.

Glownigger bread.

>>Seems an awful lot of money to do the damage that many other less expensive weapons could do. Especially when Russia has the GDP of Italy or California.

no. build conventional AMARVs. already proved these back in the 70s.

Not a Glownigger
It's about speed. Global delivery faster than the response, too fast to intercept.

cancelled, nigger.

(((cancelled)))

Just read. Blackswift would have been ridiculously expensive.

defenseone.com/technology/2018/03/united-states-accelerating-development-its-own-invincible-hypersonic-weapons/146355/

>not even one billion is hypersonic spending

Meanwhile our government spent over 1,000,000,000,000 on f35, 20+ trillion missing, funding Lockheed for fusion energy research.

Do you even unrecognizedSAP.jpg?

I'm not arguing that acquisition tradeoffs aren't fucked. I'm saying $100-500M+ per round is an unrealistic weapon system. AMARVs or HCMs at a small fraction of this cost. It's not a difficult concept.

Doubt it. I think we spend fucktons on experimental tech; so much that I think we have a swath of secret weapons and such. We've been doing it since the atom bomb.

>Equating prototype to production cost
>ignoring costs of previous 100 million dollar jets

Neocohen fearmongering muh Russia.

You're a complete dumbass. The US provoked an arms race with Russia/China because of a neocon addictive the average burger doesn't have the balls to stand up to. The US has reached the end of its useful life unless you axe the neocon influence forever.

nope, AUC. How many single mission disposable $100M jets in our inventory?

>unrealistic

It's intended to deliver a single nuke QUICK. Not for mass production or use.

Correct. Russian tech is simply explodey weapons. We have so much actual tech that it’s laughable that they would try to threaten us.

If anything. Russia is in the middle of a propaganda advertisement so they can have their people support their attacks on ys.

Now you are the bankrupt motherfuckers bogged down in Afghanistan and losing foreign wars on multiple fronts, so you dig out a meme that doesn't work. You work for Lockheed or just shill for them?

then you don't understand what late generation maneuverables are for. we've had maneuverable nuke tech since 60s.

Another braindead jackass.

youtube.com/watch?v=BMnMaS2t57Y

>implying microwave systems don't exist
cute

>single mission jet
Are you this fucking stupid? Lgm118 were 70 million each and we bought dozens. In the 60s. You think 100 million for 2hr deliverable nukes is too much?Mach 20 maneuverable in the 60s?

russia is coo lad
trump and putin sitting on a tree

Dumbasses, it's about mutually assured destruction
It's about I nuke you you nuke me
Missile defense is an extremely aggressive move, it wins the nuke wars

Did you not watch Fox interview?

Retired general says Anti-Ballistic Missile was never supposed to stop Russia and is only able to stop one MAYBE two missles at a time from a rouge state like Iran or North Korea.

They say that yeah and that's good and all but if that's true then today is nothing new anyways

>LGM118
>60s

nigger are you this stupid?
ABRES

This debate isn't about maneuverable nukes. I'm not going to teach you about PGS. Read more.

See

Htv2 is part of the pgs.

Your debate was about cost. And you seem to be avoiding the fact that we have spent much more on shittier systems.

Go home ivan.

Glowniggers. Glowniggers everywhere.

Typical disinfo thread.

HTV-2 is a conventional weapon you fucking mong.

If you want to take out a limited, time-sensitive high value target like a bunker or terrorist camp, tell me the benefits of a nuke. I'll wait.

Anything that has been made public is already 10 years old. Oh, Hillary will be found guilty along with king nigger

>tell me a use for nukes where you don't need nukes.

How about neck yourself. The whole point is a nuke, fast. Faster than they can respond.

See, again, how you avoid the original debate you brought up. That it wasn't cost effective.

You continue to shift your arguments. It's like I'm talking to a woman.

>The US provoked an arms race with Russia/China because of a neocon addictive the average burger doesn't have the balls to stand up to.
truth

What the fuck are u guys fighting about?
Everybody has enough power to destroy the other.
Nobody wins.
Lets all just have a drink and peace out.
We need to conquer the Solar System.
It's trying to kill us.

No its not, retard. HTV-2 and modern hypersonic discussions in the public sphere are about conventional delivery. if you want a fast nuke, its called a Trident, you goddamned idiot.

HTV was never about maneuverable nuke delivery. You don't even understand basic concepts. Tell me why maneuverable nuke vs conventional warhead delivery exists.

This whole thread reeks of glowniggers. Fake arguments and all.

>Be USA
>Have bases around the world
>Spend billions on weapons development
>Let millions of invaders cross your border unopposed

we already have rods from god...

Tridents are sub based. They are launched off shore near the target and can be shot down before they leave the atmosphere. Htv2 can be launched from American soil. By the time it is within view of the target it's too fast to shoot down.
>be australoid
>have worse nigger problem than mutts
>have no guns

>Australia has a worse nigger problem than the US

Its not just about the speed - its also about detection. These hypersonic systems seem to be about acheiving a clandestine launch and delivery capability for an initial wave EMP attack .

>thinking HTV was ever devised with nuke warheads in mind.

I give up with you. Also, tell everyone more about Ruskie/chicom countermeasures for MIRVd Mk5s. this should be entertaining.

Also Mk-500 evaders existed since early 70s - I'm sure you knew that already, though.

>Hypersonic with payload capabilities
>no fissile material
See

Orbital drop troops are for real, dog

>Constantly using acronyms with condescension
>provides no actual argument or point of view

Ivan detected

you haven't answered any of my questions which you seem to think you're knowledgeable about. Last chance - tell me why you think HTV was devised as a nuke delivery system.

hint - you can google this. no clearances needed.

My argument is simple. Ready?
Investment in future hypersonics make alot of sense for alot of reasons. If your goal is big-dick political weapon than go blow your load on HTV technology. If you want an affordable, sustainable weapon system to eliminate the vast majority of conventional time-sensitive, defended targets , this tech has existed for years and we could producing/deploying quickly. Everything I've described can be googled (unclass). As a side issue, HTV was never intended to augment nuclear capability. Fuck, why is this hard to grasp?

Looks like OP is long gone, nigger. But it says in the wiki HTV was intended to be a precursor to the HCV which would carry payloads upto 12000 lbs.

It's all probably disinformation anyways, glownigger.

>this tech has existed for years

That's exactly what OP was pointing out glownigger.

I get what you're saying and what OP was saying. HTV tech was not around since the 90s. However, maneuverable RVs have been around alot longer than that and could be used for practically the same missions at a small fraction of an HTV cost.

Interesting about the 12,000lb payload figure. Ask yourself what you might want to move quickly that weights that much. nuke warheads weight a tiny fraction of that.

Again, you can search on the open internet for everything I've said here; all is public info. Nothing sourced from shady glownigger shit.

>12000lbs
I'm guessing multiple nukes? Like I said it's probably all disinformation. Maybe just uses inertia as a weapon?

>90s
No way to prove yes or no, but generally tech has been around for at least a decade before it is presented publicly. Most development projects start as SAP then move to public.

>trident must be launched near the target
The unclassified range is 7500 miles, I'm sure the real range is double that.

Why would you be scared. A targeted nuke that's undetectable does what it does. Kills the leader of a threat rather than the threat. It's stupid when people assume they personally would be hit by a Russian owned nuke.

You sound like braindead moron here

>>satellite weapons
>>russian hackers
user, are we in the goldeneye universe?

I am invincible!

HPV technology was spreading prior to the 90s

What is it supposed to do besides fly around really fast?

nothing mysterious about it. its not operational and literalky doesnt change anything. plus it just spews radiation, and its all before russian elections, fucking nothing. Sup Forums for the love hitler please stop being so retarded and being baited by msm.

those are te ayyys

>tfw Putin just told about old shit Russia had for decades
>US loses their shit

Are mutts so braindead that can't open fucking book and learn some stuff?
The only really interesting shit there is Kh-101/102 missile version with nuclear engine. The rest is reworked meme soviet tech.

>laser weapon - canceled in 60s as ineffective
>nuclear torpedo - developing since late 60s by Sakharov himself as project T-15. Couldn't build because of lack of exotic materials and shitty cybernetic tech

>Kinzhal
>HURR LETS PUT SHORT-RANGE ICBM ON A FUCKING JET

>SATAN-2
>just original Voevoda, but heavier and with more powerful engines

Well, at least it's not Lockheed renders - you can find shitton of photos of these ((wunderwaffe))