>new Legend of the Galactic Heroes trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=QLzaEjzvjD0

Is it time to YAMERO?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lR1XSt-qVqc
youtube.com/watch?v=4BThzxoeDeo
youtube.com/watch?v=GIQn8pab8Vc
youtube.com/watch?v=KRtYuG6MgX8
youdubber.com/index.php?video=DJQjU7GKFAM&video_start=0&audio=ARlt_j6ntMA&audio_start=0
youdubber.com/index.php?video=DJQjU7GKFAM&video_start=0&audio=YiHMy6V5Qjc&audio_start=0
youdubber.com/index.php?video=KRtYuG6MgX8&video_start=0&audio=Q89OdbX7A8E&audio_start=0
youdubber.com/index.php?video=DJQjU7GKFAM&video_start=0&audio=57ymRjjmw30&audio_start=0
anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=creator&creatorid=2136
gineipaedia.com/wiki/Chapter_III_(DMSN_episode)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I know for a fucking fact they are gonna cut the shit out of things and i'm gonna be hyper pissed when it happens, but the big thing thats got me unhappy right this second is the absolutely shitty shading, its like early 2000's tier shit with that.

Everyone's favorite ginger isn't even that smug anymore.

It's a good joke, but Kircheis is really not a very smug person. He shouldn't look like that.

I wish he were still here.

I prefer the Dvorak version.

Reinhard and Kircheis having the same eye color triggers my autism.

Legend of the Galactic Basketball

I hope it flops as badly as Ballroom. IG is dead to me.

>ruining the hair that differentiate them best
I'm somewhat sad.

>Seijuro Akashi as Siegfried Kirche

But the best part is that Kircheis isn't aware that he looks like a smug asshole

But he's not supposed to look smug at all, whether he's aware of it or not.

I've been YAMEROing for two days now

That's literal just Kise

Why is this design allowed?

This Yang is too young-looking to be thinking about retirement. I think they'll just drop this plot point altogether, along with maybe 50% of his personality.

If they could have resisted the fujo enough to only make Reinhard a fuccboi it probably would've worked well.
I always expected this would be crap though, I hope it crashes and burns so they stop copying hollywood.

He doesn't look alcoholic or like a 30 year old chinese guy either. This better be his design at El Facil.

The trailer shows Reinhard already has his Brunhilde flag ship. That's post 4th battle of tiamat, long after El facil. El facil happened like a decade before the main story of LoGH.

Didn't he only start drinking after the battle of Legnica? Which is one or two years prior to the main story. He isn't chronic alcoholic at that point.

Why do they all look like they're from KnB?

Guys. The director is also from KnB adaptations.

Get ready for Basugay 2: Space Boogaloo

Thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=lR1XSt-qVqc

>Which is one or two years prior to the main story.
It's actually just five months or so.

Looks great..

I will probably buy BDs, keychains, dakis and mercs to support this anime!

>dakis
If only...

Every week

if it can attract some fujos that are into kuroko no basket and spread the word of LoGH that's kinda good.

the original LoGH ovas was released thoughout more than a decade. It was purely supported by fans of the show, almost all male. The original has THE largest and best voice actors. Almost every character was voiced by a different actor and some of them are masters in the trade.

This new one is voiced by fujo shlicking male bimbos. Just look at the names.

I expected garbage and I was still let down.

>tfw it will have an original ending where everyone lives and then FPA and the Galactic empire settle their score in a basketball game

>fujo shlicking male bimbos
Mamo is pure

Yangs VA reminded me of his 2nd VA in the Gaiden - he sounds very much like a younger version of Yang.

I think a lot of people hating the new design might find some resonance in this critique.

youtube.com/watch?v=4BThzxoeDeo

>It was purely supported by fans of the show, almost all male.
Probably they're still the majority, yeah, but I think you'd be surprised how many women were and still are into LoGH.

The CGI ships managed to look acceptable at times, and the soundtrack was okay, but everything else wasn't really to my liking.
I doubt this can beat the cozy atmosphere of the old anime.

>spread the word of LoGH; that's kinda good
Fuck no.

So they removed the strong jaws so the men look like women.

Thanks Obama.

Jesus fuck. Why is it so hard to make people look different in anime nowadays. Everyone one of them look like some generic high-school protag with different colored hair.

The recent publicity events for LoGH have been stuff like chocolates, wine tasting and art exhibitions. The fujos are driving the franchise now, regardless of who it was that originally bought the OVA's as they came out.

It's production cost mostly. Even the original LoGH has disparing qualities. Comparing Sea of the Star movie to regular episode, and regular episodes to some gaiden ovas released near the end. The movie is water colored master piece of an art. The regular episodes are hand drawn good ol' 80s style. And the gaiden OVAs are computer colored.

The new series probably uses a lot less labor than original. Quality shows itself. Once the new series comes out I bet there will be many threads about "quality".

Leaked new LOGH ED
youtube.com/watch?v=GIQn8pab8Vc

Well yeah, I'm just saying they were always there. It wasn't only men that bought the series back in the day. The series has always had a ton of fujo appeal. You can find a lot of LoGH homo doujins from the '90s if you look just a little.

you'll never feel so entranced by good OP ever again

youtube.com/watch?v=KRtYuG6MgX8

At least they nailed down the Yang VA

Part of LOGH's charm was that it wasted so much time being comfy. This is gonna be a 24 episode sprint and I doubt any meaningful characterization is gonna occur if they want the plot to actually go places.

Yang monologuing about alcohol being humanities friend isn't gonna be this, along with 90% of his other speeches.

But I hope the space battles will be cool.

Get ready for a shitty ambient OP in the remake or some shit.

>ED by DJ Shadow
youdubber.com/index.php?video=DJQjU7GKFAM&video_start=0&audio=ARlt_j6ntMA&audio_start=0

so the ED contains a pissing scene?

I watched the trailer, then afterwards has no recollection of what the background music was.

I seriously hope the production team uses the same style of music as the original. Even if it's not actual classical music, but in the style of it is enough. Ambiance in a show that's so heavy in politics and social commentary is very important.

FTFY youdubber.com/index.php?video=DJQjU7GKFAM&video_start=0&audio=YiHMy6V5Qjc&audio_start=0

Just don't watch it

The trailer has "traditional" action OST music. So there's classical instrumentation and a vocal chorus. No dubstep.

>This is the best they could do

ftfy*
youdubber.com/index.php?video=KRtYuG6MgX8&video_start=0&audio=Q89OdbX7A8E&audio_start=0

Seriously, though, they'll probably go with something with a "classic" sound to imitate the older one.
Something like:
youdubber.com/index.php?video=DJQjU7GKFAM&video_start=0&audio=57ymRjjmw30&audio_start=0

>the virgin despot
>the chad emperor

>the virgin admiral
>the chad space commander

>the virgin henchmen
>the chad confidant

Get out of here with that shit.

i hate this as much as you do, perhaps even more

>get anime with incredible personal characterization through hundreds of characters
>turn it into soulless samefaces

Fujoshekels are nice you know.

what happened to the stupid 80s hair??

They're not going to be able to do this with the entire cast.
Basketball Bucock is not going to happen, they'll have to design him into a kindly old man and give him a seiyuu fit for the part. Same for many of the "old guard" characters.

They look too attractive to the right. But fuhrer Reinhard is supposed to look good so it's fine. HOWEVER, his hair looks like shit. What were they thinking?

How can hair look so much worse 2 decades later?

>filename

So how mad are all of you going to be to now how to share the series with fan girls on tumblr?

Why would IG go and piss on the grave of a great classic like this? For what purpose?

That character design in itself is almost enough to ruin it. Reinhard looks like a generic high school bishonen instead of a determined, stubborn young man on a mission. Yang doesn't look old enough or ragged enough. I'm not even going to start about Kircheis.

What a farce. Some of the ship designs look spoiled as well (especially from the front) and the beam weapons seem to be replaced by particle ones. Just why.

>Kuroko no Space Jam

Why do fujoshits ruin everything?

>Oberstein
This is some real faggot shit.

>Oberstein
Jesus fuck

I feel like leaving tumblr before new fandom found my blog where I post problematic boys.

SPACE BASKETBALL

>24 episode
You wish, it's gonna be 12 episodes, then some movies.

>You wish
No, I really don't

Unfortunately Fujos are the one moving a lot of things forward.

Bitches are really dedicated as fuck.

I'm not positive if Bucock will even happen in this version.

Why don't you stay there you whale. Sup Forums is infested with tumblr enough as it is.

I think the problem here is less the fujos themselves and more the people in charge making poor decisions based on what they think fujos want. Plenty of fujos already loved the old designs and have for a long time, whereas something like KnB is a shit fad that's already passed.

It's worrying that I can't tell if this is fake or not

OH MY GOD

I hope you're joking because it's blatantly shopped.

Advertising is against the rules.
Remember to report, don't be lazy.

>Reinhardt Then
The eyes of a lord, clearly a very young man with a great destiny ahead of him, like a prince from a fairy tale.
>Reinhardt Now
Tall motherfucker with a condescending sneer, looks like a male idol.

>Yang then
Affable with kind eyes. His hair and slouch let you know how relaxed he is, despite that you can tell he is a grown man. His posture and smile at once leaves you feeling bemused that this is a military genius, and at the same time make you want to follow this man and hang on his every word.
>Yang now
Boring idol face, looks in his 20s. His eyes are cold and hollow, no signature warmth let alone humanity. Not apathetic to war, apathetic to everyone.

>Kircheis then
100% smug
>Kircheis now
like 40, maybe 50% smug.

that's one serious case of the sameface

Seriously pissed at how Yang looks. The old anime perfectly captured his "Aw shucks!" attitude towards military life. NuYang doesn't even look like he's 20. More like a teenager from a shitty shoujo show.

I've been thinking of watching LotGH but I'm worried about it. I'm a brainlet and probably won't be able to recognise most of the reoccuring characters and the 100+ episodes and the movies confuse me.

>Visit Tokyo again after 3 years
>Floor space occupied by fujoshit has multiplied several times since then
>Walk past aisle upon aisle of gay trinklets and clearfiles

They pay money while you don't. Now go and learn which direction the sun rises from.

>That filename
My sides

Hilde would be wearing the correct uniform if it wasn't fake.

When a character returns after not appearing for a while, their name appears on the screen in order to help remind you.

You can ignore the movies and watch exclusively the series, if that makes it simpler for you.

>Why do they all look like they're from KnB?

>The director is also from KnB adaptations.
Why did you forget about everybody else?

This 3D art looks like shit

They're replacing those hand drawn ships battles and explosions with this low quality copy-paste shit

I hope they get punished for this

You don't really have to be a big brain nigga to enjoy it, just have a decent attention span. There are episodes that are just setup for impending coups or fleet battles and there's a tendency for subplots and shit to intertwine, but once everything comes into place it's not like you're left wondering why it happened. You learn to recognize a lot of people by appearance if not by name, too.

>The director is also from KnB adaptations
KnB adaptation is the least of your worries.
anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=creator&creatorid=2136
Everything he's ever directed is terrible except Bungaku Shoujo, and maybe Shoujo Fight (there are no rips of the OVA, but the manga is pretty good). Of course, most of them have shitty source material to begin with, so it's not necessarily his fault, but it's a bad sign nonetheless. Especially Reideen, since that's the best sign of how he might handle a remake.

He actually directed an episode of the LoGH gaidens way back when.
gineipaedia.com/wiki/Chapter_III_(DMSN_episode)

Choosing him probably means the show will emphasize the competition between characters on a personal level. It would be good for relationships like Poplin-Konev, Reuenthal-Mittermeyer and the various imperial admirals, but I wonder if he'll force it no Yang-Reinhard, when Yang actually isn't competing. It could also help Trunicht-Lebello, but the geezers are probably getting downplayed this time around.