Steins;Gate 0

famitsu.com/news/201709/21142252.html
Looks like the anime will be trash, who would've thought.
>The anime is turning out to be more interesting than the game
>The VN has several routes, but in the anime, they’ve been restructured into a single route
>In the anime, Okabe isn’t quite as gloomy as he was at the beginning of the game
>Even people who have played 0 should be able to enjoy the anime as though it were a new work

I understand your concern, but you need to have faith. They're obviously going to make the anime a single route, like they did with the original anime. I don't like Okabe not being in perma-mourn, but we'll see.

It being different than 0 is good since 0 was absolute garbage.

Sure, the VN was mediocre at best, but if you take away Punished Okabe and cut a lot of the character development from all the different routes then what you'll end up with is even worse than the VN.

>single route
>not gehenna
it's shit

It can merge all of the routes together

I hope they add more WW3 and less everything 0 has. I hope Okabe isn't reduced to being a nobody. Daru made the organization, Daru is the one who made the time machine and Daru & co are the ones who thought up the plan to reach the Steins Gate. Okabe is just a coma boy, and that really needs to change. Also drop Mayuri's retarded friends and Kagari.

Muh salieri tho

>Also drop Mayuri's retarded friends and Kagari.
Her cosplay friends can stay, since they only appear during few scenes anyway, but please just drop Kagari completely.

If they completely dropped Kagari I wouldn't mind it even if a full episode is Mayuri's retarded friends talking for almost a whole chapter like it was in the VN

>In the anime, Okabe isn’t quite as gloomy as he was at the beginning of the game
dropped

I love how at the beginning when it came out everyone was hesitant to call 0 garbage because we were all so full of expectations for it

truly the worst worldline

It was hyped up by Japanese speakers for months and months beforehand as well. Funny how those rave reviews evaporated once the rest of us got to read it.

>Daru made the organization, Daru is the one who made the time machine and Daru & co are the ones who thought up the plan to reach the Steins Gate. Okabe is just a coma boy
Is this true? Are we at least going to get NTR doujins since Okabe can't do anything by himself?

I just hope it captures the attention of pixiv artists, there's not nearly enough sg art.

I'm still hesitant to call 0 garbage, especially considering it will only go downhill from now on. Have you seen S;G Elite "gameplay"? They literally cut scenes from anime and pasted dialogue over them.

Post lewd Nae

I played 0 in the "wrong order" and despite finishing all routes needed everyone in the thread to explain me the ending, which I now forgot

>Have you seen S;G Elite "gameplay"
Oh man, you're going to hate this.

At this point I just don't care. Elite is looking so shitty I can't even get mad anymore.

Why do people feel the need to continue works that have already concluded? Steins;Gate was a complete story with resolved character arcs and a good ending. There's no reason to ever visit that universe again. It has served its purposed. We don't need Maho whoeverthefuck retconned into the story so you can have more waifus.

>WF
Go figure

They want more money and we want more Kurisu.

>Why do people feel the need to continue works that have already concluded?
Money.
>Steins;Gate was a complete story with resolved character arcs and a good ending. There's no reason to ever visit that universe again.
There is one. Money.

Also, Maho a cute.

The anime has the chance to right everything that was wrong in the VN. I hope they get competent people to work on this. Merging it into a single route is a good sign tho.

More like White Fox is too busy to do a proper two-cour series

Welp. RIP in pieces Stains:Gate, you never had a chance.

The entire thing can fit into 24 episodes. Gehenna's stigma into Promised Rinascimento into the true ending.

but did they keep the smell of rotting sperm line

As you can see there, no they didn't.

Christ, I'm blind

i just hope we get to see the best part animated.

Am I the only one that thought gloomy Okabe was the worst part of 0? Like it made sense for him to not be cheery, but it also revealed that (without his Kyoma personality), he was a boring as fuck protagonist.

You want the ninja stuff that comes before that too? Killing 100 soldiers?

fuck ya boi i wanna see okabe pop off on niggas and i want mayuri to confess her love again but in anime form

For They're cutting out a ton of lines from a lot of scenes.

I thought he was interesting. It makes sense that someone so traumatized would be desperate to put all of that shit behind him and never face it again.

>ninja stuff

God I forgot about, that shit was so fucking bad.

I disliked it too. He's made so bland that Daru has to take the entirety of what he was said to have done in the original. Back in the day when people called Okabe a retard we refuted them saying he literally made a time machine by himself and created a resistance organisation. Now none of that holds.

Okabe is literally a nobody, even Kyouma is just a chuuni

*teleports behind you*

For me depressed Okabe was one of the best parts of the VN. Especially when you finally got to the Awakening scene and realized how far he came as a character.

>realized how far he came as a character.
How far did he go, really? In original he's just clowning around, around the middle we learn that he knows he's a clown and is doing it on purpose. Then he gets sad and isn't a clown anymore, after which he literally just loses his fucking mind?

But that article you linked is talking about Steins;Gate Elite, not 0?

And yet he manages to stay sane (or at least partially sane), and while I do agree that Daru is the main guy responsible for Time Machine and The Resistance, Okabe is the one who made it all possible.

They switch topis to S;G0 anime at the end of the interview.

what's the point then? Okabe facing the pain of losing Kurisu and learning how to cope with it was a pretty crucial part imho. Also the return of mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma in one of the routes

You mean two of the routes.

>not only cut a shit ton of the narrative but also cut on the actual one they actually do keep
What the hell are they doing

Which routes? I only did Milky-Way Crossing, Vega and Altair, Twin Automata and, Promised Rinascimento

Vega and Altair and Promised Rinascimento. You don't remember the scene at the end of Rinascimento?

>no Punished Okabe at the beginning
Why even fucking bother. Okabe being depressed and despondent was a pretty big part ofthe VN.

Not really, I remember Okabe going full Hououin Kyouma on top of a building surrounded by soldiers

This should jog your memory.

In the anime that line wasn't voiced out. They show Okabe writing it on his phone, and you're expected to read the screen.

That's pretty much as far as I'm willing to defend it though. Seriously, it's like they just want an anime that can be interacted with, rather than a book with talking pictures. Who do we even blame for this abomination? Nobody, literally nobody asked for this.

That's his sort-of-awakening. It's a Mayuri end IIRC. If you get the other branch end first (full awakening, here ),
Mayuri end transitions into the true end.

ooooohh yeah, I remember that

Dumb Suzuha, stop forgetting things.

Do not bully the Suzu.

No, this is retarded. Daru is a useless layabout without Okabe around to spur him on. He's all talent, no drive. There's no possibility that the Microwave Ophone could have been developed without Okabe. As proof, it doesn't exist in the Omega attractor field, where Okabe and Daru are not friends.

Okabe is a cheerleader then, you sure saved his relevance

>Making Okabe cheerful when his girlfriend is dead
Making him a chuunibyou when faced with the reality doesn't make any sense for the character.

Okabe is the ideas man and Daru is the engineer. It's a valid role in a group centered upon innovation. Without given input, Daru just exists in a hedonistic reverie.

>okabe without PTSD
And it's shit

>Steins;Gate 3 where it's revealed Okabe and Kurisu didn't bond at all in the Steins Gate world line, becoming distanced from each other leaving Okabe depressed again

How would you react?

Okabe wouldn't give a shit as long as she's alive

give my poor man a break

Please no. I can deal with watching my hostage get killed several times for several episodes in a row, but reading a story like that would probably break me.

The S;G0 adaptation has to fix the worst fucking problem of the VN, which is the shitty shitty shitty shitty pacing.

S;G original, whatever you think of it, has great pacing. Literally straight from the beginning you have riveting, fun developments in both the plot and Slice of Life parts of the story. On one hand, you meet the crazy cast of characters and the life they lead, all paraded around by '''''Kyouma's'''''' antics. And on the other the plot is immediately kickstarted with the conference and Chris's death, and within the first few hours of the VN/first four episodes of the series after that you have the worldline shift, the phone microwave(name pending), hacking SERN, Human Is Dead and the rest of the conspiracy, John Titor. ALL at the very start.

By contrast, the first 15 FUCKING HOURS of S;G 0 (this is going by auto-mode, full voiced time, if you listen to all the voice acting play out without skipping) has absolutely jack shit, fuckall going on on both plot and SoL points, save for the brief interlude of meeting Maho/Leskinen and the AI conferece, which is short.

The entire first 20% of Zero is Okabe moping around being a traumatized piece of shit, while we take detours into Suzuha taking care of Daru (also being a lazy piece of shit), flashbacks to things we already know, Mayuri worrying about Okabe and entire chapters of her friends shopping. It's fucking miserable. And every time something SEEMS like it's going to happen for the first long time, Okabe NOPES out of it, cockblocking you.

This shit would make up, like, the first 5 or 6 episodes if they went with the same route-joining and pacing as S;G 1 did.

That would be too out-of-characters for either of them to actually happen.

I dunno user, a different world line can lead to different outcomes. Their time spent with each other in Alpha is null and void.

They're going to ruin this scene aren't they?

i'm not ready for this again

I can't wait.

So are we getting Japanese shaman girls?

Hopefully not.

Could have the way S;G did it with the show "ending" at some points but still able to complete it after X/Y

Isn't that part of Committee of Antimatter?

>removing all of Okabe's internal dialogue
What the fuck is the point of Elite existing?

>frogposting

Sounds like it could be good, the VN had some nice scenes but the overall plot made zero sense. What was the point of Kagari?

Doesn't that mean Moeka's section is going to mangled?

Very probably. They didn't even have her dying scene in the anime.

They didn't have a lot of things in the anime, which makes the anime is a pretty mediocre adaptation.

Retard it's going to be better than the game since 4 out of 6 routes are no longer inconsequential filler

S;G had the same system for it's endings, does that make S;G a worse game?

I liked the game

S;G0 had a ton of interesting parts in the non true end routes. Finding a way to incorporate them into the main story is what I hoped for.

>>The anime is turning out to be more interesting than the game
>>The VN has several routes, but in the anime, they’ve been restructured into a single route

only retards like yourself would ever say a anime with only 1 route is more interesting than the vn with multiple routes.

>only retards like yourself

user...

I would have liked it to but with how limited anime adaptations are, the chances were 0 from the beginning.

This shit is a large part of the reason that I'm glad Committee of Antimatter never materialised. Seeing that made canon would be infuriating. They should be fucking like rabbits and thinking about getting married, not drifting apart after all that.

TIME FOR ONE-COUR

ONE

COUR

Restructured for 1 cour guys!!!

One Cour
Gehenna's Stigma.
Final Destination.

Part of me wants to see that, just to bare witness to the shitstorm on Sup Forums.

In Epigraph, he's shown to be quite a passionate/cheerful normalfag in the beginning, before he met Moeka.
I guess that might count as "not as gloomy"?

I unironically want this if it's 1 coup. I would also like to see what the anime only fags would think of Maho if that was the only route in the anime.

But Antimatter only states that their long-distance relationship is getting stale, which means nothing ever changes.
They're not drifting apart at all.

I wanna fuck Maho