Aleister Crowley

How deep does Aleister Crowley's influence on our society go?

Other urls found in this thread:

newrepublic.com/article/142268/united-states-government-embraced-occult
youtube.com/watch?v=V4W5ddAUIE4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fz85FE0KtQ
mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ
youtu.be/SqOMJ10QZcs
youtu.be/mFNViDgmwFs
mega.nz/#F!hVwCAQoZ!LykyCGE5rzj50oPKHBgMAg
monoskop.org/images/9/97/Von_Franz_Luise_Marie_Jung_Gustav_Carl_Man_and_His_Symbols_1988.pdf
henrymakow.com/2013/06/Can-We-Trust-the-King-James-Bible.html
youtube.com/watch?v=m8xjtJprl7U&list=PLfTse9WvjqsN1TjZ9Ti-yjvjqZzW6sKiA
youtu.be/ChWiZ3iXWwM
youtube.com/watch?v=FwHTcXAdamU&list=PLtFnfSc9NwNysn2GX-_w5vRqz2V2GwOV_
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well we was a degenerate satanic hedonist. So pretty far Id say

he's the one all the shit eating , animal fucking faggots worship so he's pretty influence since all that is rampant. fact; only total degenerates give an ounce of attention to this fool.

i would say some
> def used magik to help the uk win ww2
def was woke on pre european aryanism
> most of us learn from his works in magik and is used in the occult til this day
......was a decent writer desu

Crowley learned how to steal from Nietchie to create a group of drug addicted sex degenerates. Goverment ops through psych departments funded by Jews (as they started them) figured they could use his demoralization magick to brainwash stupid rich spoiled children into freemasonic ritualistic fuck cults... thus the proto MK Ultra.

Black magic is just stupifying people or fucking up their minds with blindness. Hence Jews love it. It's nigger magic. Higher magic is just philosophy and science... for the grown up who don't want to larp into oblivion
He influenced L Ron Hubbard a lot.

>satanic
grow up and read it.

>def used magik to help the uk win ww2
>def was woke on pre european aryanism
retarded mind slave read it And delete the image of pepe unless you're a podesta fishdick

Just take a look at our current affairs

I know a bunch of girls into sex magik or whatever and it literally got them nowhere.

Andy Wachowski (now Lilly Wachowski) is the reincarnation of Aleister Crowley.

>Nietchie

It's all fun and games until the poppets actually work.

His daughter is Barbara Bush

>muh literal impotent drug addict friendless loser who died alone and did nothing but write pathetic fiction believed by no one but the most damaged of schizophrenic/psychotics.

Don't forget ritual sodomite. Nigga got fucked in the ass so he could talk to spirits or some shit. I read a bio about him years ago.

CIA loved him. They helped push his work. They still do to this day.

repent

Pretty interesting take user, I happen to think he has a fair bit of influence among elite occultists today. I don't think people quite realise the scope of occultic/satatnic messages in pop music and in hollywood movies. Crowley was definitely influential in the freemasonry circles too. Do you have any more info about the the government ops you mentioned?

Read The Book of Lies... he basically tells you it's all bullshit... almost mocking dumb fucks for buying into it.

>> def used magik to help the uk win ww2
the dumbest thing ever posted to Sup Forums

I did the banishing ritual from that book, and woke up in the middle of the night to ants all over my pillow and bed. I freaked out and stood up.... then they were all gone.

>t. former occultist

Lemmy guess, you just now watched The Paranormies Present: The Ahnenerbe Hour episode on him? Don't be ashamed, it's a good podcast.

Every single politician works with at least some form of esotericism soon all people will too. Its not going to be like this forever

This experiment is only one of the strange stories—many of them recently declassified—in Annie Jacobsen’s Phenomena: The Secret History of the U. S. Government’s Investigations Into Extrasensory Perception and Psychokinesis. As with her previous books on Area 51, Operation Paperclip (the secret project to bring Nazi rocket scientists to the U.S. after the war), and DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, which develops new technology for the Defense Department), this one begins with the fallout of World War II and the extreme measures the military-industrial complex took to unlock and weaponize psychic abilities in the early days of the Cold War. Spanning over 50 years, Jacobsen’s tale takes us from the immediate postwar years to the CIA’s experiments in the 1960s and ‘70s. The Defense Department, she tells us, began its own experiments in the 1980s and ‘90s, before their final incarnation, Project Stargate, was finally decommissioned in 1995.
newrepublic.com/article/142268/united-states-government-embraced-occult

All religions and atheism destroyed where do you go next inside your mind

youtube.com/watch?v=V4W5ddAUIE4

His influence is huge. The whole 60's counter culture of sex drugs, rock and roll was Crowley. You can feel him today every time you turn on a T.V. or listen to a radio.
Unfortunately I have yet to read any of his books yet. At the moment I am reading Introduction to Magic by Julius Evola. Next I will give Magick in Theory and Practice or the Book of the Law by Crowley a go.

any recommendations for alchemy? I've been picking apart a /t/orrent but many of the books are useless

m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fz85FE0KtQ

Nope, I discovered him while doing research on rock groups. The fact that he had an influence on rock groups, the occult, and the fact that he's the father of Barbara Bush made me want to ask this question.

NASA, Disney, and Scientology at least

I'm closer to the Golden Dawn
Immersed in Crowley's uniform
Of imagery
I'm living in a silent film
Portraying Himmler's sacred realm
Of dream reality
I'm frightened by the total goal
Drawing to the ragged hole
And I ain't got the power anymore
No I ain't got the power anymore

The only text I have read on alchemy is Psychology and Alchemy by Jung. It was interesting and gave me a look into a world I dismissed earlier in my life as prescience garbage. I don't know if that will help you but you can always go to /x/ and they will help you with recommendations.

mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

I am not to learned in alchemy
But there might be something for you

My reflection dirty mirror
There's no connection to myself
I'm your lover I'm your zero
I'm the face in your dreams of glass
So save your prayers
For when you're really gonna need 'em
Throw out your cares and fly
Want to go for a ride?
She's the one for me
She's all I really need, oh yeah
She's the one for me
Emptiness is loneliness and loneliness is cleanliness
And cleanliness is godliness, and God is empty just like me

Just a song about connecting yourself to the divine

youtu.be/SqOMJ10QZcs

speak ov me not as one
speak ov me not as none
speak ov me not at all
for I am continual

We can't forget how popular this was

youtu.be/mFNViDgmwFs

Disgustingly garish "church"

I've started to read Quicksilver by Neal Stephenson, it's set in the early 18th century and involves description of alchemists, that were in fact mainstream scientists of the time. He's pro-science fag though.

Jung would have described Sup Forums shitposters as individuals involved in ancient rituals. "It makes senze to their psyche, it'z important!"

This guy told me if I bought the 6th and 7th book of Moses that it would ruin my life. So I bought it and brought it to work with me and would read it during lunch.

godspeed user if my research bears fruit I will report back, the goal is homunculus but knowledge base has been difficult to find

MANLY P HALL ALCHEMY YOUTUBE GO GO GO

Check and kek

Also practice do things that it says in the books. If you only read then nothing will be different as before

>he's the father of Barbara Bush
wew

My personal Jungian take on Sup Forums is that it is the collective shadow of the society at large. All of the inhabitants, you and me, are the people of the underworld. Here in this place while we shitpost we are also working though and attempting to integrate our own personal shadow.
If society does not find a way to integrate Sup Forums and accept what lurks here things are going to get out of control. Like Jung says plenty of good is here but the libs have locked it away with some dangerous stuff.
If you take Sup Forums specifically it can almost be seen as to be working with all the discarded ideologies of the past. Each of us attempting to use these old weapons/tools/ides to craft a new weapon to help with the current political situation.
Well that is my armchair analysis anyways.

what happened to them...

Magick is bad news user. It made me better, but I had to sacrifice a part of myself. I would reccomend the first 5 books of Moses ;)

Checked, and also this is a brilliant post. Makes total sense

The only thing I sacrificed was the worst things about me

I have to ask, have you gotten results from your experiments? I know this is a Longshot but if there was anything solid to start with

It took me a few years to realize that I was on a road to nowhere. When you realize that Neoplatonism pretty much is Christianity, that's when crazy shit starts to happen.

Check out Southern Israelite on youtube if you want to tumble down deep rabbit hole. It's the narrative that Sup Forums needs to see.

The ultimate truth.

In two seconds before i find this thread - i am thinking about this satanic boyfucker.

Shit!

Checked

>If society does not find a way to integrate Sup Forums and accept what lurks here things are going to get out of control.

Lol if society were to integrate Sup Forums and accept what lurks here than people according to your logic will "integrate" their personal shadows making this place the opposite of what it is

How can I work through my shadow? Yesterday I thought I had it all under control and was able to be stoic and levelheaded in the face of anything, today I see black people laughing about the white people being killed in South Africa and how theyre all laughing at us while we give them our money for free and are dying off and how we deserve all of this and I feel so angry I just want to see them all forcefully removed from our society and I can't stop these feelings. I just think about nihilism and death and I don't care about life or anything. Why the fuck am I alive

>according to your logic will "integrate" their personal shadows
Yes exactly. The big lie behind all of modern society is equality and HBD. I think people know this on a fundamental level but they are not willing to admit the truth. It has been burred deep in the shadow and plastered over with propaganda but that is not effective forever.
Once people accept and integrate that fact people, and this site, will change. That is the nature of reality and I accept that.

Chaos is brewing in this bread

Checked again

What Im saying is if Sup Forums became acceptable by society it would no longer be Sup Forums. It will become normie and thats the opposite of what makes it great

Literally could not stop writing about phallus, dude was a huge faggot.
This desu, although I've been curious about the supposed secret of the Freemasons contained in it.

I think he's affecting me!!! Arggghhh!!!
Grow the fuck up man. Unless you're a Jimmy Page fan, nobody knows who this fucktard is.

I dunno, you tell me:
Here's (most of) the unpublished Yorke Micofilms of the Warburg Collection.

mega.nz/#F!hVwCAQoZ!LykyCGE5rzj50oPKHBgMAg

Nice digits, as for your shadow this is what I would suggest. First you need to read Jung, start with Man and His Symbols. This will give you an intro to the man and his techniques. I would also start a dream journal so you can do analysis.
As geeky as this sounds you need to confront and accept your dark side. That is not to say everything in your shadow is negative but a good deal of it can be.

monoskop.org/images/9/97/Von_Franz_Luise_Marie_Jung_Gustav_Carl_Man_and_His_Symbols_1988.pdf

He was an utterly foul human and do what thou wilt is an appalling approach to life.

When you integrate your shadow its not like it ceases to exist. Sup Forums would still be here all the same. What is important is those ideas like race realism which are powerful and threaten to destroy our society if we don't, as a group, face them and decide on a solution. People are hiding from the truth about race and about the failure of equality and we can no longer afford to hide. Either we have a conversation as a civilization, somehow, or we don't and the violence will solve the situation.

..... No comment.

Worst of all it's a bastardization of a St Augustine quote "Love, and do what thou wilt". Very different meaning.

>Read The Book of Lies... he basically tells you it's all bullshit... almost mocking dumb fucks for buying into it.
I mean, care to give some bit of exegesis on that? A chapter plus analysis? Because Liber 333's chapter 45 eviscerates the doubter and the fanatic. So does Ch. 50. It's an inherently nondual text.

The Liber 333 version of Liber 25 (Star Ruby) is generally meant for Babes of the Abyss and higher.

I feel like if you read some of AC's exegesis alongside the Confessions with Gargantua and Pantagruel as well as Hypnerotomachia Poliphili, I really don't feel like he's saying too much different, or at least an earnest attempt at synthesis.

"Do what thou wilt" is a plea to Nature, with the big N, not "Ayyy bro do whatever feels good in the moment".

>"Do what thou wilt" is a plea to Nature, with the big N, not "Ayyy bro do whatever feels good in the moment"
wat

Wtf is with this guys digits. I know what you are saying but when people understand what Sup Forums knows Sup Forums will stop being Sup Forums, fuck it never mind

only edgy teens care about this faggot. grow up.

thank you

Read the Chaldean Oracles compared to some of Crowley's initiation rituals, then Libri commentaries.

Some measure of predestination and some measure of transmutation by effort. Nature as in "This is what I am at the core of my being, so I'm going to do it properly". For Augustine this was aspiration toward Christ, and repentance. For Crowley this was occultism. Both operate on a principle of Agape, but in different expressions.

Meh Thelema is not that big imo there are much better esoteric writers like Evola and Blavatsky, Devi, Hall etc

Its not really about Sup Forums that is just a place. The conversations need to happen in the main stream media and in popular news papers and journals. It needs to happen above and beyond Sup Forums.
This country was founded on the ideal that all men are created equal and that is wrong. Maybe it will be the dance of shiva, who knows, that may be the only way forward.

he looks like a huge fag, no wonder he's into LARPy magic

>Evola and Blavatsky, Devi, Hall etc
None of whom revised or expanded John Dee's keyword, an operating component of Rosicrucianism since, well, the start.

Crowley does admit that HPB was a Master of the Temple tho, and his commentary on Voice of Silence is p. decent.

Crowley was a degenerate who knew some of what he was talking about since it's not very hard to find if you look.
But to compare him to the Agape Augustine is retarded to say the least.

Well John Dee was a free mason that re-wrote the KJV bible to put the bullshit translations into it. I would doubt most of Dee's work as disinfo bullshit. Just a fishnet trap to catch the ones that escaped (((Christianity))) into making them think they were learning mysteries which were in fact just more kikery. But I am no expert just my very basic opinion without looking much deeper into it some stuff I have seen by him was garbage based on (((Christianity))) and since it itself is complete bullshit you can make a logical leap that any esoterica based on it is also complete horseshit

>put the bullshit translations into it.

Explain on quotes, please.

Well like changing "I will be with you until the end of the age" to "I will be with you til the end of time", to disguise the fact it was astrotheology talking about the age of Pisces to age of Aquarius and create the Armageddon shit and book of revelation scare tactic bullshit. Shit like that.

henrymakow.com/2013/06/Can-We-Trust-the-King-James-Bible.html

At the time of Dee, Freemasonry was busy reorganizing from operative bricklayers to speculative dramatic initiation, and Dee contributed to this process, but the only references I'm pulling up to a John Dee influence on the KJV is from conspiracy sites and I've yet to see anything like that crop up in his biographical materials.

>At the time of Dee, Freemasonry was busy reorganizing from operative bricklayers to speculative dramatic initiation,
kek, no no no bro the masons have lineage back to Atlantis lol.

Thank you. On question - did real God telling about eternal suffering or it is evil disinfo - in your opinion, ofc

spurious bullshit for tryhard teenagers
-t. actual wizard

This is a tricky question, there is suffering but you can stop it. Also reincarnation was taken out of the bible, there is no hell other than the one you create for yourself

The only eternal suffering is that in the Samsara.

Very little to none.

He was just a trust fund edgelord with too much time on his hands.

The West is rife with HERMETIC symbolism. Crowley studied Hermeticism and borrowed a lot of it for his Thelema bullshit, so you will see a lot of parallels, but thats where it stops.

>-t. actual wizard
You are over 30 and a virgin? OR is there more to it?

The minutes of the Lodge of Edinburgh (Mary's Chapel) No. 1 in Scotland show a continuity from an operative lodge in 1598 to a modern speculative Lodge.

Astrology is cuck satanic stuff, anyone who follows it serious is into dark stuff. Same with Egyptian stuff
> I say that shit just joking dog how fucked up is you?

>astrotheology
If anyone has the time and is interested her are the MPH lectures of Astrotheology for any one who is new. It is a fascinating topic, basically ancient Aryan science and learning how the story of Jesus is just the journey around the zodiac will change how you look at your faith.

youtube.com/watch?v=m8xjtJprl7U&list=PLfTse9WvjqsN1TjZ9Ti-yjvjqZzW6sKiA

Yes and the Templars were older and the Amen priesthood older than that on and on. Names change lineage does not, they go underground re-surface with new names etc just like the kikes

>watching and tracking is planets is evil
>da debbbil bubba

Crowley himself states that magic comes from satan and to pretend otherwise is to be a shitty magician. Get fucked kid and read some of the books he actually wrote.

Just another pervert who used drugs and simple slight of hand to make idiots believe he had actual power.

Nothing special if you ask me. He did have an interesting influence on music in the 60s and 70s though, thats about it.

youtu.be/ChWiZ3iXWwM
I think this video can help explain your existence.

This is the playlist you want bro
youtube.com/watch?v=FwHTcXAdamU&list=PLtFnfSc9NwNysn2GX-_w5vRqz2V2GwOV_

None of what you said negates the fact that we have source manuscripts which indicate the end of an operative group and the start of a speculative group.

Really just early Freemasonry 101. Shit gets wild when you start looking at the actual historical astrotheological cults. Teli and Galgal. Inca void constellations. Jyotish and the like.

Thanks. Can you show me - there is Bible say about this?

Cool, cite it for me, then.

I just posted the Yorke Microfilms so it shouldn't be hard to pull up one of his paragraphs about Satan. Remember, Satanic Extracts wasn't actually his paper, Yorke just filed it in with the rest of the stacks.