Show of hands dose anyone really like this...

Show of hands dose anyone really like this? Or do you act like you do because you're scared of being call a newfag if you don't say you do?

Other urls found in this thread:

someanithing.com/312
someanithing.com/1
apa.org/research/action/exposure.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=vGzJOeyJgFM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah I like it

Legit why? I don't see why.

I'm indifferent towards it, but understand why it's liked or hated.

I watched it last year for the first time and I was in my teens when it came out. Despite that I like it.

It's really good

I like it too. Why don't you like it. OP?

I marathoned it all the way through for the first time this week, I loved it.

I just didn't like Shinji. Rei was a blank slate, and asuka was just annoying. But some of the fights where ok I guess.

>A show has a dedicated fandom for over 20 years, and is still being talked about
>The people who like it just pretend to not be called newfag

I'll humor you.

I didn't have any contact with the Evangelion series (aside from bits and pieces of episodes caught on Toonami) until I was 24 years old. I went for years not caring enough about the genre or what other people thought and the only thing that finally broke me down was when an Sup Forumsnon wrote a deeply introspective post on Kaworu which I caught by pure chance on the first page. It piqued my interest so much that I decided to give it a shot, despite the fact that I'm not a big fan of mecha in general.

So in short, I got it into for Kaworu, but much to my surprise I found myself sincerely enjoying the show. The early episodes do a great job of pulling you into the world and by the end I was eager to learn more about the mythos and why things had turned out this way. I like Eva and I think its one of the solid classics of our time, but I don't consider it the greatest. I have the rare disposition of being born in the 90's but not having a nostalgia boner for Evangelion so I can confirm that it deserves about 70% of its praise.

Honestly I don't think Asuka, Rei or even Misato are very good waifu material and they were never intended to be such, but to each his own.

I'm on episode 18 and I'm still waiting for it to get good

It's always good

It was very lovecraftian

How?

they're not meant to be likable characters, but somewhat relatable or understandable. i liked it because they seemed realistic

Because of all its good qualities

Except for the episode with the robot evangelion and the episode where they go into the volcano.

sociological critique of modern human relationships, broken up by jokes action and occasional horror, which builds up to the rollercoaster which starts around ep 19 and doesn't stop till End of Evangelion

And by qualities you mean monter of the week?

>but somewhat relatable or understandable. i liked it because they seemed realistic

They are none of the above. Being abandoned by your asshole father does not qualify you for being an indecisive coward, nor does your mommy dying justify your conceited self worship. The only one who's behavior was anywhere near justified was Rei.

>sociological critique of modern human relationships

Kill yourself you fucking SJW faggot.

If I wanted to see how a bunch of broken people go about doing things I would need to watch an anime to do it.

I used to be scared to say Madoka was better than this series but one day I realized that in the end most people probably think the same thing inside and only hanky on to this series because it's old.

how, that's literally the least relatable character seeing as she's a genetically modified semi clone

>If I wanted to see how a bunch of broken people go about doing things

I'd go to Atlanta, Baltimore, LA or Detroit

>sociological critique of modern human relationships
You mean shinji and his father?
Is that what it takes to make a show good? And why the fuck does it take 18 episode of " monster of the week" to get their shit going?

>genetically modified semi clone

Who the fuck gives a fuck? She's the only one who's treatment as a child any way remotely justifies her behavior later on. The fact that you're a white knighting faggot doesn't change that.

I dont like the end very much
I felt like it was a huge cop out

Shinji's gay/emo shit really made me dislike his character.

>its another person angry that Eva is is well received as it is even though they personally dislike it
wonderful

Sociology is fake science. Ignore him.

The monsters are good, but many other things are good as well

i see your point but the others have mental issues that were reinforced by their past experiences of rejection and loneliness

You see, shinji is a faggot therefore most of Eva fans feel related to him (because they are faggots themselves).
I'm decent human being , when I see garbage I call it nothing but garbage, and Eva is garbage

>the others have mental issues that were reinforced by their past experiences of rejection and loneliness

And not a one of them lifts their ass even once to address them. Shinji's could be improved by honest self-reflection. Misato's could be improved by growing a spine and admitting to herself that Kaji isn't a horndog and actually cares for her and wants to commit to her. Ritsuko's could be cured by telling Gendo to go fuck himself. Rei uses the same method, in fact.

>does anyone really like one of the most popular, influential, critically acclaimed, and well made shows in anime or are they just being ironic to fit in on an anonymous imageboard?
gee, I don't know OP.

>most popular
It's got cult appeal. It's nowhere near as popular as mainstream anime.
>well made
One of the points of this franchise is that it is (not) well made

>It's nowhere near as popular as mainstream anime.
Are you fucking serious? Do you know how big Eva is in Japan?
>One of the points of this franchise is that it is (not) well made
The direction, atmosphere, and cinematography of Eva are all great even with the budget issues. This isn't even counting EoE.

>one of the most popular, influential, critically acclaimed, and well made shows in anime
It's popular on Sup Forums and Reddit and MAL, I'll give you that.
Also Popular =/= good

And it's dwarfed by OP, Naruto, DBZ, Bleach, yada yada yada

>The direction, atmosphere, and cinematography of Eva are all great even with the budget issues

Using still frames for 60 seconds because they're unable to animate a full episode

>do you act like you do because you're scared of being call a newfag if you don't say you do?
If anything only newfags discuss Eva at this point.

>in Japan

>Actually liking this anime
You must be brain damaged.

Liking Eva is a meme

"It's shit." -moot

>most popular
>well made
>critically acclaimed

Nice meme.

What has caused the rampant surge of contrarianism towards NGE in the last week or so?

Regardless, it's the best character driven anime ever made.

"Mallory didn't cuck me." -moot

After watching both series and being a fun of both I'd have to say Madoka was much better than Eva although I'm sure Eva was amazing for the time it was made.

I'm not sure if you know this, but NGE is the highest selling single season of an anime ever made. The only reason those things dwarf it is because they're long running shonen.

That would probably be Haruhi. People don't have to be dying or be in pain for a show to count as a good character driven series.

I don't know where you got your information but that's Madoka.

>Haruhi
Kyon should've fucked her until she stopped being a bitch.

He probably got it back in 1999.

Not liking Eva is also a meme. Pick your poison I guess.

At first it was kind of meh but I cannot tell you how big my boner got when shit started to get weird.

I like it a lot actually. I even downloaded the Sephirotic BD episodes to watch it again.

I was going to mention Haruhi, but I'm of the opinion that NGE developed literally every member of its cast (including the fucking bridge bunnies) much better. Haruhi is close, however.

someanithing.com/312
someanithing.com/1

Suck my dick.

>sephirotic

At least one requires critical thinking and honest criticism and not just bleating out MUH REALISTIC CHARACTURZ or SHINJI ISN'T SUPPOSED TO BE BRAEV!!!!!

>Stop not liking what I like or I'll call you a contrarian

>At least one requires critical thinking and honest criticism
lies

>multi subs
>all the episodes
>best quality
>contains EoE and DC episodes
it's pretty good.

>implying that's what I'm talking about
There's two anti-NGE threads up right now and I've seen at least two this week. It's fine to not like what I like.

Either state a competent counterargument or GTFO.

>best quality
t. Sephirotic

Stop shilling your garbage encode. 2D4U is better.

"I'm a faggot"- shinji
Fuckin masterpiece

ok, which version would you recommend then

>a fourteen year old boy shows hesitation in getting a robot of the series that has killed his mother, one of the only people who didn't treat him like shit, and turned him into goo for a month.
You can't honestly think that isn't realistic, can you?

>anti-NGE threads
So every fucking anime on Sup Forums

What the fuck are you talking about? I assumed that was just the name of the actual BD collection.
Someone recommended it to me months back and I had the torrent file saved since then, but didn't have any room for it at the time.

I'm not saying that having anti-threads is necessarily uncommon, I'm saying having three or four of them in such a close timespan for a show that came out over twenty years ago is unusual.

I signed my military paperwork at 16 and went in at 17. Shinji is 15 at the midpoint in the series. No, there is not a major difference between Shinji and modern young men. Except that Shinji refuses to handle his problems.

If a series is as good as its autistic fanboys say it is, then it should be able to stand up to criticism.

I like it but I don't think is the masterpiece some people say it is

>for a show that came out over twenty years ago is unusual
That doesn't really matter, what matters is how many threads it gets now.

Are you seriously claiming that you wouldn't be hesitant working with something that murdered your mother when you were like four, which then went on auto pilot and killed one of your only friends, and then turned you into goo?

>Shinji refuses to handle his problems
But he gets into the robot after each trauma. Learning to deal with your problems is also one of the two morals of the show, as well.

Madoka is the highest selling single series anime like I said and that other list is pre 1995.

desu Evafags had it coming with all that "2deep4u" shit.
It was only a matter of time for them to be shat on

>Are you seriously claiming that you wouldn't be hesitant working with something that murdered your mother when you were like four, which then went on auto pilot and killed one of your only friends, and then turned you into goo?

No. Why? Because my ideology is stronger than that. There's a race of psychotic alien abominations trying to invade our planet, and if they succeed they will destroy everything on this rock we live on. Since we're not able to leave this rock, for a VERY long forseeable future, we have to defend it. I'd have no problem standing in their way.

>hurr durr learning to deal with your problems
"Nobody loves me, so they can all just die"
-Your hero.

Meanwhile, I don't give a fuck if people love me or not.

I like taking dicks in my ass -moot

>it's an "tell me why you like it and I'll tell you why you're wrong" EVA thread
You fuckers have been doing this since the dawn of the first fucking thread.

What the fuck are you talking about? Madoka's total is 84,261. Shinseiki Evangelion has 203,940.

I don't get what you're arguing. I agree with you.

>it's an "tell me why you dislike it and I'll tell you why you're wrong" EVA thread
Fify

How old are you right now, user? Are you fourteen years old? Did you grow up without a strong father figure or any parent? Did you grow up in the most beta country on the surface of the earth?

The story of Shinji is him learning to overcome his PTSD and fight, which he does in a realistic fashion. I never said that Shinji is my hero, but he's well written.

No you're reading the information wrong. Madoka is about fifty times more profitable when you compare thre pre 2000 to the 2000 to present list. The only reason Eva is managed to hold on to the last tiny bit is because it was made a long time before Madoka and even still Madoka is making huge amounts more money at conventions and was rated way higher than Eva.

>Did you grow up without a strong father figure or any parent
Actually I had a decent father but a terrible, abusive mother who I've called the police on after she strangled me and vandalized my bedrooom, all the way up to tearing up pages of my college reports and throwing my clothing outside into storm weather.

> Did you grow up in the most beta country on the surface of the earth?
Japan is a strong, nationalist country.

And you face PTSD through exposure, not running away. This is an entire philosophy of the condition:
apa.org/research/action/exposure.aspx

You have it backwards, madoka is the best selling of this decade and that's only because Bakemonogatari came out in 2009.

Madoka is all just a better overall series than Eva. The only reason Eva is relevant because s because of the move and the last three episodes.

Wow user ur so tough

>It's popular on Sup Forums and Reddit and MAL, I'll give you that
It's popular with anime fans period.
>Also Popular =/= good
I never argued otherwise? The point is why wouldn't there be people who genuinely likes a popular show?
>And it's dwarfed by OP, Naruto, DBZ, Bleach, yada yada yada
You and the rest of the fags quoting me must have skimmed my post and only saw "most popular" instead of "one of the most popular."
It may not a worldwide household name like Dragonball but it's definitely one of the most well known anime even outside Japan relatively speaking.
and
>Bleach
People still care about this?
>being mainstream in the home country of anime and manga where domestic sales shit on international anyway is a small laughable feat
why did I fall for this bait thread?

because of*

Sorry I'm watching MHA while posting.

>Shinji runs away
Shinji has never once not gotten in the robot when he needs to. Even when he had just seriously injured and almost killed a close friend, a talk with Kaji allowed him to realize he needed to fight, and that's what he did.

>You're reading the information wrong
Literally how? The BD totals for NGE are higher than the ones for Madoka. Find me the information on the lists I just posted that proves me wrong.

>Madoka is about 50x more profitable
Where is your source? If you're claiming licensing, there's an entire Evangelion racing bracket.

Get the fuck over it, you fucking faggot.

So? It's not about getting in the robot. It's about having the right attitude with your life. "everyone hates me" is bullshit, no matter how difficult your life is.

I guess i'm much more into the world then the actual plot.
I'm a big thing of horror movies, so when something "silly" like a giant robot show, not to mention an animated one manages to be disturbing to me i'm in.
Of course there's a lot more to like here, but to be honest i never got why the girls of this show are such a big thing here, i don't care for any of them.

Do people who have watched both Madoka and Eva honestly think in any way that Eva can be considered a better series? I'm a fan of both but clearly there's no competition. Madoka is honestly probably the best anime series I've ever watched considering the twelve episode limit and the tenth episode has got to easily be the best written anime episode since anime has existed. The pacing and character development in that episode alone is something I've never seen before and the music is great in both series.

>I guess i'm much more into the world then the actual plot.

Its worldbuilding is pretty good.
youtube.com/watch?v=vGzJOeyJgFM