How hard are they going to fuck it up?

How hard are they going to fuck it up?

I don't think it'll be bad, just really average.

It's gonna be mediocre at best which is probably worse than an actual shit storm that we could at least laugh at.

Just like the original anime adaptation then.

Maybe they should have adapted Gakuen Kino then. At least it's being generic ironically.

Given that the source material is mediocre, it'd take a staff far better than they've got to make it good.

The original series actually had mediocre production values as well.

Designs were good, but animation and music were just adequate, it got carried by the power of source material.

All they really have to do is not fuck up source material, and director of it is the same guy who did Persona 3's fourth movie, the best one.

>"hurr durr, Kino was always mediocre"
Monkey paw'd hard

What people really wanted is more of the same: same designs, same seiyuus, no 3DCG crap etc. It's already fucked up just by virtue of not being that.

If you are looking at it honestly, there isn't anything special in terms of production about the original anime. It wasn't even impressive when it was made.

>it got carried by the power of source material.
Wew lad

Why are people complaining about the anime designs when it's just following the current LN designs faithfully?

I'm going to enjoy watching people complain that the show is slow and boring.

Shitposting.
I will be avoiding the threads while this airs.

Pretty much.

I'll admit I am apprehensive about 3D Hermes, I also think Lerche is a supbar company with VERY visible QUALITY as season progress, and I don't like Master's hair.

But I actually liked majority of things I saw in the trailer. Especially the colors, it looks lovely. Aoi Yuuki is a great choice just by the virtue of original series being her very first role.

Bottom line, I want this to be good and I see no reason to look down on the original, except for Sup Forums's inherent hipster instinct.

I agree, but writing is excellent.

And then you get shitlords like this

Because people will complain about anything different from the old anime regardless. When you have a show as a favourite which many of the people who watch this probably will almost any change will be disliked I think.

I don't think it is "hipster" to admit that a show isn't perfect regardless of how much you like it. It is called being realistic. You can love something and admit that it had a lot of shortcomings. Your favourite thing doesn't have to be the best anime ever in every single aspect.

Once you potato you can't go back

I never said it's perfect. But you never used to see people criticizing Kino as "meh, medicore" before it got new season. Now it's cool to retroactively berate original.

>anime can't be good unless heaps of money are poured into them
Holy shit what the fuck happened to this website.

Also WHERE ARE MY SCANLNES

I think you might just misinterpreting the fact that there are more opportunities to express that opinion now there along with some people trolling. Calling something mediocre is hardly "berating" it either.

Apparently you are unable to read.

This what the fuck. Kino had always been an undeniable masterpiece here. I'm not talking about the LN either, I'm talking about the actual adaption.
Seriously what the fuck is all this hate for the original adaption out of no where?

It's lIke people forgot the superb atmosphere and pacing of the stories in the original anime. When did people start saying Kino was mediocre in such large numbers?

The original anime wasn't about flashy productions. The moments that needed to be exciting were still exciting. But this is a meloncholic tale of a traveller in strange places, what did it do wrong?

Are you retarded? He's talking in terms of its production like art and animation.

>what did it do wrong?
It didn't do anything wrong, the only people calling the original adaption mediocre are people who probably haven't even seen it.

>mediocre
>of only average quality; not very good.
You'd have to be stupid to call Kino not very good. This is my fanboyism talking, obviously, but this is also Sup Forums talking before new season got announced and before Sup Forums's inherent instinct kicked in.

New series actually being good would only hurt original series even further in this cesspool.

At least Kink actually looks somewhat girly now.

>anime has bigger budget
>ergo art and animation are better
I believe that was that user's point. Or it's my assumption because it's a logical conclusion.

Didn't you hear? KINO NEVER HAD GOOD WRITING, according to this guy

>there isn't anything special in terms of production about the original anime
But the original adaption had arguably one of the greatest anime directors of all time running the show.
>It wasn't even impressive when it was made.
This is just bait now.

As long as its the source material I have great hope for it. The original Kino no tabi had a literal 0$ budget, i mean there was barely any "animation" in it. So if its a source material but now its actually animated, then it should be great. My only wish is that they make hermes have a better VA this time, the original got kind of old and fucking annoying after a while.

speaking of no animation anime, we need a Cromartie remake as well.

I don't think that was "Sup Forums talking" rather the Kino fans on Sup Forums. It's only natural that something being current will attract more people to it. You aren't going to go into every thread you see for a 15 year old anime you thought was mediocre to say it was.

>You aren't going to go into every thread you see for a 15 year old anime you thought was mediocre to say it was.
>implying this isn't exactly the shit Sup Forums is doing on daily basis
How new are you?

>one of the greatest anime directors of all time
It is sad if you actually believe this. The guy directed an alright film, and a couple of decent TV shows.

Why bother replying to bait as low class as the guy you replied to @162559436. Next time don't waste your breath, if you had learned anything from kino its that people do what they want and its best to just let them be.

Please go back to your fucking jojo threads.

>CG Hermes
This is all I need to know to not watch it.

Except Kino's freedom is largely based on shock, abandonment, murder.

Not actual autism.

Not that user, but if you actually read the novel (albeit I've only read the stuff that translated on bakatsuki) it's not well written at all.
Sigsawa is not particularly a good writer in terms of technical ability and making the story flow in general. He is good at world building, but that's about it. I definitely think Nakamura improved the novel, and was able to make the stories coherently flow, even though it was episodic.

what?

what?

>It is sad if you actually believe this
Yeah no it's not. You really are underrating him for no reason, to be honest.

>someone on Sup Forums realizes a reboot could actually improve an aspect the original series clearly lacked
I never thought I would see the day

I'm not underrating him for no reason. I'm realistically assessing him based on his work. Nothing he has done earns him anything near the right to be considered the "one of the best of all time".

I don't understand why Sup Forums is always so focused on pure animation determining if a series is good or not, if the director they gave the new series is any indication of it's fate, the outlook does not look so great.
Although I'd like it to be good, I doubt it will top the original adaption.

Yeah but that's literally just your (wrong) opinion, just like it's your (wrong) opinion that you think his adaption of Kino is mediocre.

Threads for most anime that are 15 years old die as quickly as they are made unless they have a decent sized fanbase. Make a thread about Ashita no Nadja or Planetes and see how long those last.

So? They were short, but they didn't have either very bad trolls like, either very very new fags like you. And Sup Forums WILL get out of its way to tell you your anime is shit.

My point is as stated previously. The opinions you see in threads for old shows are generally not reflective of "Sup Forums's opinion" of old shows. Just the people that actually care enough to post in a thread about a show that old. Either someone who only just watched it recently, or a fan 90% of the time. Nobody goes into a thread about a show most people besides fans don't give a fuck about just to say its "mediocre". Especially not on Sup Forums where everything is either brilliant or shit. Calling people "new" doesn't make you look big or clever either it makes you look desperate.

It was a sticky image and a new adaption is coming out so the newfags learned about it

>Nobody goes into a thread about a show most people besides fans don't give a fuck about just to say its "mediocre"
Yeah, you clearly haven't lurked enough.

Sorry but its just the truth and you calling people new isn't changing anything. New anime will attract more posters to these threads. You were never experiencing Sup Forums's opinion but an echo chamber's opinion of people who cared enough to post in the threads.

If someone goes into a thread for a show like that then they are much more likely to be calling it absolute garbage rather than just mediocre. You seem to think the two are equivalent statements somehow though.

The sad truth is that it will attract new people like you to the threads.

Okay but who the fuck decided to switch the two final boss fight songs? That shit riled me to no end.

The sad truth is deluded fanboys like yourself will have to find half assed ways to ignore legitimate critcism of the old show by dismissing people as new (just like you've resorted to now) because you can't handle the idea that anybody might have a different opinion.

You didn't even present legitimate criticism. No one in this thread in fact did.

>translated
>on bakatsuki of all places
>thinking you are criticizing the original author writing ability when shitting on translations

Define legitimate criticism.

He's not wrong about the story pacing though, which isn't affected as heavily by poor translation.
A lot of the chapters feel like a lot of buildup with a weak payoff. (And no, I'm not saying everything needs to be resolved neatly and tied with a bow, but a lot of the chapters feel half-baked)

Is there a broadcast date?

No, the original series was carried by the great direction by Nakamura. But now that he's dead, a literal-who is leading the project and it looks really mediocre.

Is Kino the original seasonal meme waifu?

You already hyped yourself not to like it.

10/6, I believe.

>the threads are going to be nothing but people comparing it to the other anime instead of to the novels
die Sup Forums die

i watched Dragon Ball Super, ill be damned if i dont watch this even if its shit.

>Shit director
>CG everywhere
At least it'll be better than the LoGH remake.

Sigsawa's writing is hit or miss. The airplane episode, for instance, had nothing much to say and a terribly boring way of saying it. Other stories in later LNs are the same, and would be equally unfit for adaptation. This is an issue with Kino's writing, not with its director.

That said, I felt Nakamura's abstracted take on Kino was to the benefit of the source material. The art direction was part of that, but not all of it. The new adaptation hasn't shown itself to be anything special yet, but it also hasn't aired. I'll keep my expectations to a minimum for now.

As long as it delivers 25min of comfy relaxation on a weekly basis, I don't give a shit how it compares to the source material or the first anime.

>Instead of adapting the countless of interesting and unique source materials out there that haven't got adapted yet we rather ruin every old classic with new generic anime design and shitty CGI
>We will also make sequels for ancient series that didn't need a sequel
I hate this fucking trend.

Secondaries ruin everything. They did a good job at following the art style too.

Following the proportions, maybe, but that's about the extent of the resemblance.

There's far more than that. The only thing I could ask to be closer would be the color tone. The rest is on point.

Oh yeah same, it's pretty faithful except for the color. I don't like the color tone the anime is going for, honestly the small difference in color makes the whole thing feel a little uncanny.

The PVs made it look OK, which is what is important. Shading has to be cut for any anime adaption.