Why is English so easy to speak compared to other languages...

Why is English so easy to speak compared to other languages? Is it because it's the only official language in the world not regulated by a private body?

Other urls found in this thread:

emtv.com.pg/category/news/tok-pisin-nius/
youtube.com/watch?v=h4n5FPwpfcY
youtube.com/watch?v=dmOWejvdyvk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No committees, just whatever works.

It changes quickly, adopting words and expressions from other languages. It also doesn't have things like word gender to bog it down.

If you place the word "only" anywhere in the sentence "She told him that she loved him", you get entirely different meanings.

Deep

It's not easy to learn, it's just that it's incredibly prevalent. However, it does enjoy a very high information density, which makes english a very slow language (because you don't have to get out as many syllables for the information you wish to convey)

It's a difficult language to master but a very easy language to try to learn at the beginning. The vast majority of second or third language speakers don't understand it fully unless they've been exposed since childhood.

That makes it more difficult to learn, retard.

It's easy because it was dumbed down to the point of near stupidity over the time. Lowest common denominator and stuff.
Probably had something to do with the English trying to comunicate with every nigger species around the globe while building their empire.

>That makes it more difficult to learn, retard.

Not really. It refers to the word/concept that comes immediately after.

There are massive incentives to learn English.
The same cannot easily be said of other languages.

It doesn't change quickly at all! French, Danish, Mandarin are all changing much faster. Compare Peking with Beijing (same word with 50 years of sound changes) or anything from a french grammar book compared to how parisians speak, or danish grandparent accents.

*burp* *fart*

That's because Parisians speek Arab and not French, dude.

>dumbed down

a challenger appears: emtv.com.pg/category/news/tok-pisin-nius/

Je *SUIS* Français, maudit cave! My dialect still uses shit like "y site" (pronounced içitte), meaning "this here site" to say "here".

Oh boy here we go
youtube.com/watch?v=h4n5FPwpfcY

The thing is they aren't, French for example is ruled by a private body who decide what goes in the language and what dosen't, there was a 15 year debate on wether to allow horse to be written in plurial form when singular, and it took them 15 fucking years to come to a consensus and allow it.

it's a major concern to me that spoken urban french and written french (pronounced in correct accent) are virtually different languages. same goes for written/spoken finnish, cantonese, and every language in the middle east.

and I don't mean it's concerning because of orthographic depth, the issue is the lexical replacement. different vocabulary in writing and speech. I would hazard a guess that controlled languages are much harder to learn, based on personal experience.

Oh my god, lmao.

youtube.com/watch?v=dmOWejvdyvk

>on wether to allow horse to be written in plurial form when singular
It was actually whether horse (Cheval) could be spelled as "Chevals" as opposed to the normal "Chevaux" when in plural. I remember because my French teacher had a fucking aneurysm.

That's actually one of the main strengths of French. The fact that written French is the same everywhere. Put a Haitian, Quebecer and Belgian in the same room and they'll barely understand each other through their accents, but they can write to each other just fine.

I never understood word genders, and I'm not talking about from a faggot SJW libcuck standpoint, I just don't get how you can gender an inanimate object. I mean a door is a door, why does it have to have a fucking gender

Think 1984.

I think it's just that you can speak english extremely badly and still be mostly understood

same goes for english, even just in england. shetlandic people can't communicate with cornish. for example my mum says "gyarn oot fit thee kwines tae doo thae messages" and that's technically just english dialect. I'm not going to tell you what it means.

We dont have to follow funny rules like a chair is masculine and a table is feminine.

It's hard to explain but it just sounds wrong if you don't gender them properly. It CAN be useful, though. If I say "My cousin", in English, you know that they're the child of one of my uncles or aunts, but that's it. In French, I'd say "Ma cousine" or "Mon cousin" and you immediately know whether they are male or female. It gets really fucking complicated, though, because adjectives, past participles and stuff have to be changed in accordance, but then you have exceptions to it. Certain verb tenses use either "avoir" or "être" (to own and to be, respectively) and then the past participle of the actual verb you're conjugating and whether you change the past participle to match the subject depends on the sentence structure (whether the subject precedes it or not). I'm honestly having trouble explaining it without going into too much detail because honestly they just drill the rules into your brain.

It's hard to really explain to what extent, though...

If you're at a store in Quebec and you ask how much something costs, you'd say (for instance) "Combien ça coûte?" ("How much it costs?", literally). In Haiti, they'd say "Combien l'argent" ("How much the money?", though they can't pronounce the letter R to save their lives, so it sounds like "How much the agent?").

No, because it's a simplistic mongrelized creole language that's nearing chinkese-levels of analyticity.

in english speaking countries we put numbers on the objects so we know the cost.

>nearing chinese levels

fucking SURPASSES chinese levels, the word "bus" in mandarin uses four seperate characters. only cantonese and thai are more analytic than english (I consider this more efficient but that's debatable). probably a bunch of other languages close to the area too like Karen. Danish is also incredibly efficienct although native speakers will always debate that.

That pic

Door
There, I said it without a gender. It's an object, you're not fucking the thing. And I'm not talking about people or animate things, but table? Chair? Door? There's no reason to add any gender to it. And I understand French, I took enough of it in school to learn to hate it and after all that time I still never understood why

Fuck bros!!!!!! My mom just took a nasty shit!!!!! My room is next to the bathroom and my mom ate Chipotle after hot yoga today!!!!!!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
FUCK YOU MOM!!!!!

that is not french, wtf are they speaking
sounds like afrikaans or some shit

>French for example is ruled by a private body who decide what goes in the language and what dosen't, there was a 15 year debate on wether to allow horse to be written in plurial form when singular, and it took them 15 fucking years to come to a consensus and allow it.
Lol, the frogs are such odd people, I hear they also love dictatorships.

>nearing chinkese-levels of analyticity.
We don't have 8000 characters to remember though, english is far more flexible than the rigid chinese system.

That's called romanization and the former is cantonese.

English is easy to learn but impossible to master. Not only does English have more words than pretty much every other language combined, but many words have many different, entirely different meanings (some as many as 20 different meanings), words with the same spelling can be pronounced differently and words with entirely different spellings can be pronounced the same. Entire sentences in English can have different meanings based on emphasis of a single word. For example "She said she did not take his money. " can have 8 different meanings depending on which word is emphasised.

English is easy to learn but mastering it is practically impossible and anyone who isn't a native English speaker never gets very good at speaking English.

Damn

nice.

how does english compare to the information density of emojis?

>how does english compare to the information density of emojis?
how would you translate kys to emojis?

I don't know if being mentally retarded should be considered an accent. Similar to african american accents which is in truth mental retardation.
This applies to that haitian example as well.

American tv english which is an Iowan accent is the standard.
Also If you say "cot" and "caught" the same you have a nigger accent.

Europoors BTFO

>American tv english which is an Iowan accent is the standard.
When you say "standard" I think you mean simplified.

> "She said she did not take his money. " can have 8 different meanings depending on which word is emphasised.
explain?
I see that the second "she" could be referring to the first "she" or to another woman.
If properly written there be quotations somewhere's in this sentence to emphasize dialogue no?

I mean that the iowan accent is chosen for it's lack of accent.

Witnessing Americans understanding grammar for the first time.

Brings a tear to your eye.

It's relatively simple because of it's historical origins, if I had to guess.

Of the major spoken languages English is probably the most "mongrelized" one. I think if people were forced to learn older forms of English they would have more difficulty.

Current English is a very dumbed down simplified form of communication. The average english speaker now wouldn't be able to read through an English text from 1500 without some help.

Indeed, we're quite jealous of being unable to live in one like you

>Indeed, we're quite jealous of being unable to live in one like you
Fuck, that was a decent come back...

It's a celto-germanic-roman mutt language easy to learn even for mongrels.

France isn't a part of the EU?

"place the word only anywhere in that sentence"

is a new meme

You can't force memes, Milhouse.

It's called Chiac