Why is it that harem protagonists tend to be given the ugliest hairdos ever?

Why is it that harem protagonists tend to be given the ugliest hairdos ever?

Whether it's this or Highschool DxD or To Love Ru or whatever, they always tend to have shitty hairdos.

And they just look ugly and bland in general. Where's the harem with the handsome, slick, muscular chad guy as the harem master?

>t. long haired ponytail-wearing neckbeard
It's just a generic hairstyle so that teenage Japanese charisma vacuums can self insert better.

It's because literally all Japanese otaku are bland, ugly guys with shitty hair.

>Chad

Subaru is not a harem protagonist though.

Did you even watch the show or just shitposting about something you've never seen?

There's no harem in Re:Zero. But Subaru indeed has a dumb hair.

Because all Japanese guys have one of three haircuts. You'd think it was DPRK over there.

He is the most annoying main character of any anime.

She had every opportunity

Huh, I think the guy you posted looks very cute so idk.

Don't make fun of Subaru's hair, he cuts it himself, and he does the best job he can you fuck.

He's the reason why I finally decided to say "Fuck it", and stop watching anime with male protags all together.

Also this, male protags are designed this way alot of the time so that the people watching, who the show runners assume are all losers, see someone who looks like them so that they can relate and self insert better.

It pisses me off desu, but hey, you gotta appeal to your base if you want to make money.

Why is Subaru so ugly?

>harem protagonist
>has 2 love interests and one of them doesn't even love him

I wonder if Rem will ever let Subaru cut her hair

He's be too busy sniffing it

>r it's this or Highschool DxD
Issei's in particular just looks plain fucking weird.
His hair looks like a fucking coconut with small twintails at the back.

His is good though, the real problem is the overuse of this shit hair, at least try making it blonde, or making him tan, or just try to make them good looking for once, jesus

>at least try making it blonde, or making him tan
gyaru harem lead when?

Looks pretty good to me senpai

>gyaru male

But making a male character good looking would be pretty gay, wouldn't it?

It's only gay when the balls touch, and you can't touch balls with 2D

>R:Z fags this delusional about their shitty harem show

We have a lot of edgy/delinquent blonde haired leads already, like the haganai guy, dfrag guy, fujimura, onizuka etc.

>tfw I like Subaru's hair.
As a gril, he's qt. There's plenty worse as far as MCs go.
And to answer OP's question, it's because the audience of harem's can't self insert into a chad.

Just have fujos design the characters, guaranteed hotness for everyone shown

Yes you can, 3d balls can be projected onto 2d space and you can generalize "touching" to n-dimensional space using the separating axis theorem

That's retarded. Might as well say every virgin is asexual.

I don't even particularly like it sans the first opening, but it's really not harem. Main girl barely knows him or plainly dislikes him most of the time, and the only girl that loves him he does not love back. All other girls see him as the piece of shit he is.

It's not a wish fullfilment harem, its "you're pathetic and everyone sees that".

The mc from yuuragi yuuna has long hair with a ponytail tho, and he's pretty badass

Probably so the uggos that watch the show can relate to MC.

Rather than hairstyle it's the artstyle that can make a character look bad

Touma's pretty cool looking in the manga, and cute in the LNs, but dull in the anime

>the only girl that loves him he does not love back

Well, about that.

Subaru is pretty popular with the fujos considering his shitty hairdo.

Its not like it lasted long considering what happened to her. It still also adds to the fact he is pathetic or sees himself as since he failed at his only goal at the time.

His eyes and sheer patheticness are cute

There's just so much less you can do with short hair! It's no fair!

Rem please, you died because of this

?