Nigerian Restaurant in New Orleans Charges Double for White Customers

npr.org/sections/thesalt/2018/03/02/590053856/food-stall-serves-up-a-social-experiment-charge-white-customers-more-than-minori

Chef Tunde Way opened his pop-up stall in the city's Roux Carre venue in early February. The listed price for the Nigerian food is $12. But when a white person walks up to order, they are asked to pay $30. Why? "It's two-and-a half times more than the $12 meal, which reflects the income disparity" between whites and African-Americans in New Orleans, says Wey.

The median income for African-American households in New Orleans fell from $32,332 in 2000 to $27,812 in 2013 in inflation-adjusted dollars, according to The Data Center's New Orleans Index at Ten. Over the same time, median income for white households in the city remained roughly the same, $61,1117 to $60,070. In 2013, the median household income for African-Americans in metro New Orleans was 54 percent lower than for whites.

Wey says when white customers come up to his window to place an order, he tells them about this racial income gap and then asks if they want to pay the higher $30 price. They also have the option to pay the listed $12 price. The difference between the $12 and $30 meals, customers are informed, will be redistributed to minorities who buy food at the stall. How do white customers react to the proposition?

"Some of them are enthusiastic, some of them are bamboozled a bit by it," Wey says. "But the majority of white folks, nearly 80 percent, decided to pay."

>Do you want to pay $30 for only a little shit in your food or will you insist on $12 and get mostly feces?

bump

In my country that would be against the law. The fuck Burgers?

I thought the Civil Rights Act is unconstitutional so why would you mind a little voluntary discrimination. Are you a statist shill?

"""Social experiment""" :^)

>This meal you just ordered costs $12, kind sir. Would you like to pay $30 instead of $12 just because you're white?
>no I would not, here's your $12'

there you go burgers, i solved it for you

they're a private company, they can lose as much money as they want making foolish business decisions. in fact, maybe they're actually geniuses for exploiting the self-flagellating 'females' and soyboys for extra money, classic nigerians.

>eating this shit voluntarily

Not even close to every country has a national cuisine worth exploring.

>Oooooo this will be different :D
doesn't magically make shit tier food worthwhile. A goat curry with some spice is still just that.

have you ever tried their food...they wont lose much costumers due to their white-tax

never tried nigerian food before, or any african besides arab stuff. what do they eat?

bump

>"But the majority of white folks, nearly 80 percent, decided to pay."

They pay because they are polite and do not want to cause a scene or embarrass themselves.

But they will definitely not be coming back.

goat, goat, and...some more goat

bump2

i hope they aren't degenerates like the indians who leave it on the bone for 'flavour' which makes it impossible to eat, otherwise, i'm okay with this

Enjoy the spit in your food

It's still beta
>"I'd like the goat dish!"
>"Ayoo that's 12$ original price but 36 for y'all white folks!"
>"Why?"
>"Racism n shit!"
>"I'll pass..."
How is that hard!?

Corn mash, white rice, and whatever else the UN sends.

Illegal huh?

Based bongistan

rice and curry, it's mostly shit, african food is often low quality meat and bland fried vegetables, with excessive chilli to hide the fact that's you're eating poor person garbage.

Burns going in, burns going out, regret all the way thru.

bump

Now I know da Wey

lul

If you look at the menu.....no self respecting white person would even want to eat that shit.

You’re not forced to pay it. You can walk 500 paces and find two other people selling the same food, without the price change.
If it was reversed, you can bet your ass that every black organization in the country would bring lawsuits though.