How do ya'll watch all the episodes of these shows? There's so many shows I have to watch...

How do ya'll watch all the episodes of these shows? There's so many shows I have to watch, but I'm scared to even start because I'm not ready to start a few year commitment.

Is there something I'm missing here?

It won't take you a year, you can watch a season in a night if you just stop being a pussy and exist on three hours sleep a night

Look at schedule and track the day or the release, then remember those days and check anime once a day?

If not that, then setup filters on your torrent client to download files automatically from your rss

Anime is fucking short, what the fuck are you on about OP

20 minute episodes make it ridiculously easy to watch. A single cour show is the same as watching a film.

Season 2 of pic related gave me cancer

It was so bad

I took a year of finished school
During this time had time to watch 3k episodes for one piece to naruto crap

Okay, assuming a season is 26 episodes - Which seems to be about average. That's about 9.5 hours to watch one season, assuming you don't take a single break. So let's just say 10 hours a day.

How do you have 10 hours a day to watch a season? And even if you watched 10 hours of anime a day, do you not watch other content? Do you not do other things? Even if you split that up to 5 hours a day - Currently, MyAnimeList says I have about 1,200 episodes of shows to watch that I'm interested in, not counting long series like One Piece, Naruto, or Detective Conan (Which, I've never watched.)[/spoiler So that right there is about 440 hours, assuming I watched 5 hours a day, would be 88 days. But I have other interests, hobbies, and work. So even at 3 hours a day, that's 147 days; nearly 1/4 of a year. Not including movies, spinoffs, or specials.

How do you manage to take in all that content, so fast? What am I missing?

I'm not just talking about new anime. I have no trouble finding it, or on the few new shows I watch, keeping up with it. But, as a whole, I'm just lost.

I've only seen the first episode of this show because a coworker was so insistent that I watch it, even looking for me to show me clips on my lunch break.

Is that the secret though? Just to do nothing else but sit back and watch anime, like some sort of Clockwork Orange torture?

Sup Forumsnime is not for normalfags.

Its for neets and hikki. Normalfags should spend their time on facebook, myanimelist and shitt.

Spoilers aren't surprise boxes, OP.
>How do you1 manage to take in all that content, so fast? What am I missing?
It's easy, if you watch anime as it comes, you get around three or so episodes for day, so you won't have to watch it all in one go and you can even watch other old series.

But I WANT to enjoy anime. I'm just lost on how to absorb that much content.

I typoed; the spoiler wasn't meant for the whole thing.

But, if you watch 3 episodes a day, that's only about an hour. If I have a backlog of 440 hours, minimum, that's 440 days, plus whatever new stuff comes out. Do people just like, not watch all that anime? I was just assuming, since everyone seems in the know, that most people watch most mainstream anime.

>how do i watch anime all the time
Watch anime all the time.

>but I have a normalfag life
Stop that.

Well, if that's the only answer...

Just pick something that looks fun and watch it at a pace that works for you. If you feel like there are so many interesting shows to choose from that you don't know where to start, pick one at random. If it turns out to not be as cool as you thought, set it aside and try something else.

Don't get caught up in the mentality that you have to binge a million episodes so sempai will notice you. Sempai will never notice you, no matter how much you pad your MAL.

Why are you assuming you have to watch 10 hours per day of anime anyway? An anime episode is around 20 minutes long, and there's never been a season in which there are 20 anime series in the same day. Just don't wait until the end of the season to watch it and you won't have to deal with 6 hours of watch time.

OP I watch anime at 1.40 speed. Less if it's an action oriented anime where things happen and move quickly, frequently

Real answer.

No one expects you to watch every anime thats ever come out.

Most people here are discussing anime that they watched as it came out. Not many people here watch anime every single day, most people just watch shit as it comes out.

Also, things like One piece, naruto, bleach etc have tons of garbage filler episodes that you can skip.

Better yet, dont watch anime, just read manga.

last episode and the OST were great though

Let me give a realistic "normalfag"' schedule. I once worked and I once went to school

8AM wake up
9-5 PM normalfag shit
6PM - 11PM(5 hour) free time
12 - 8 PM sleep

Now for offdays (weekeneds) this is 9AM-12AM(15 hour) free time,

5 hours free for weekdays, 15 hours free for weekends.

5*5 = 25 hour free weekday + 15*2 = 30 hour free weekend = 55 hours free per week.

Lets just cut half of that time for other things and only use 20 hours a week for anime. That's roughly 2:45 hours (or 165 minutes) per day for anime.

Average anime is roughly 20 minutes in length. 165/20 = 8.25, round it down to 8. You can watch 8 anime per day on average. Or more accurately, ~7 and half anime per day on weekday and 22 anime per day on weekends.

You don't expect to just bull through your backlog that quickly. Keep up with seasonal shits to shitpost and watch any random show in your backlog in your other hours and the backlog would run dry in a year or 2, which basically means you would always have something to watch.

the same how normal people watch shit like Game of Thrones, Lost or power through countless seasons of shows on Netflix

Either you find a pace to your daily life or you reflect what parts of your life aren't as important and cut corners.

Just start shows you find interesting in your freetime and see how the binge goes from there.

back when I was just getting out of high school my friends and I would watch the same few animes each night, sometimes 2 or 3 episodes. it was easy to burn through an entire seaon in a week. I think one summer we watched naruto in a couple weeks because we had more free time. watching an entire season in a day doesn't seem very fun to me.

fuck off newfag season 2 was great

Let's say you watch 2 hours/day for 300 days (assuming you have days when you're not in the mood to watch anything).
You have 600 hours of anime watched.
If you only watch 13 eps series then you'd have finished 150 series that year.
If you watched only 26 eps series then you'd have 75 series finished that year.
Sure you have the ocassional oddball that's longer than 26 eps but that's pretty rare nowadays.
You'd still finish 300+ different shows in 4 years which is probably when you'll realized that you watched all the stuff that you'd like.

>Is there something I'm missing here?
You are an adult. You watch what YOU like.

>newfag
That's not how you use that word, faggot.

Read the source if you want. Watching is time consuming.

I watch a lot of anime and if I get bored, I play video games. Rinse and repeat.

Fucking retard go to if you want to talk about your real life troubles.
This isn't anime, away with you.