Who would win in a battle of wits?

Who would win in a battle of wits?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JV8h2NiZfyk
youtube.com/watch?v=1vv_u00Yk6w
youtube.com/watch?v=x-xpMRCnJRE
anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=tag&tagid=2109&reltb=chartb&orderby.name=1.1&orderby.gender=0.1&orderbar=0&noalias=1
gwern.net/Death-Note-Anonymity
youtube.com/watch?v=hGJbYpeDMZg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

me

what's your IQ?

Depends on the writer. Excepting Akagi, all of them are supposed to be super-geniuses and masters of psychology.
But if writes your crossover, he can easily make them as stupid as he wants, just like the authors of Light and Lelouch did on a few occasions.

Honestly, Light is by far smarter than all of them. His only downside is that he's too fucking cocky.

>the schemer
>the cheater
>the strategist
>the one who HATES IT
well I know for sure who's not gonna win

anyone noticed that all of them are men?

That remains yet to be proven.

Would any of them be able to beat Harada? He's almost as good as Ten, who can be compared to Akagi.

no but seriously. Is there any Anime where a woman fulfills the role of the mastermind?

Female characters are 100% waifubait and it should keep being that way.

kaiji could flawless them if they all lined up and challenged him to different forms of rigged gambling though.

Yes. There are several. Watch more anime.

Kaji would beat them at anything if he's 10 million yen in debt to all of them.

i am actually trying to come up with a decent one, but al i can think of is that girl from hikkimori

I mean, it just seems like a random collection of characters. L and Akagi aren't there, so it's not like they were going for the smartest, but rather what they felt was a fair fight.

I have watched plenty of Anime. There are some smart female characters but they are never godlike levels of geniuses.

One of these men is not like the other. One of these men has a magic fucking notebook that can kill people by writing their name in it.

>separates you from sister

>Light is by far smarter than all of them
>gets caught using a completely anonymous magic book with global range and dies

Toua, easily

youtube.com/watch?v=JV8h2NiZfyk

>planning to change the uradora to make Hiroyuki go under 0
He's probably better than Washizu, luck excepted.

Kaji, easily

youtube.com/watch?v=1vv_u00Yk6w

meant to quote Kaiji's 4-dimensional mahjong in part 3 is pretty impressive too. Probably the biggest thing he's done so far.

Comics play on archetypes. Men are stereotypically rational, while women are intuitive. That doesn't mean they don't exist, but it means that you need to actively invert the archetype to have a mastermind girl. But as I said, they exist. Often it's smug lolis. If you're going to go against the flow, you may as well go good.

Kaiji needs to be replaced by Akagi.

Light, easily

youtube.com/watch?v=x-xpMRCnJRE

Akagi too OP, nerf plz.

To aru intellectual rapist

Light would never manage to figure out Lelouch's real name.

What, LL?

She's actually pretty good, only lost to plot bullshit.

Yes!

Depending on the circumstances Zero can have better hackery than Light does. I just assume we're supposed to take it as if they have no special powers here.

Light is absurdly cool under pressure if he tries to be, but catch him off guard and he has some serious psychological vulnerabilities. If Tokuchi actually cares about the competition then I think he's shown more consistency than Lelouch, so I'd give him the win.

L would easily outwit all of them

L knew from almost the very start (I'd say he knew for sure after he confessed) that Light was Kira, but he had no hard-proof due to the nature of the Death Note.

baseball sucks

>L knew
You mean he had a psychic gut feeling that would never go away because of the author's blessing. Even after Light shut down every case L had he would still be stubborn in his belief that Light was Kira not because there was any evidence or because he was smart, but purely because he is a fictional character who had that belief hard coded into him so the show could remain exciting.

More like because Light was stupid enough to narrow down the suspect list to two or three people.
Amazing.

>gets caught using a completely anonymous magic book with global range and dies
This only happened because he became overly arrogant and started to rely on some random asshole who he couldn't control

Kaiji is an idiot. Sure, his wit saves his ass over and over, but he never learns. He's too easily baited.
Light is probably the smartest, but his arrogance kills it and makes him fall for easy traps.
Lelouche is probably the best bet. He is intelligent, ambitious yet cautious. He keeps getting betrayed by retards and still wins at the end.
Toa is smart, but does he give a fuck about anything beside money? Even Akagi is a more interesting character. Also, a lot of his schemes are hugely dependent of his baseball skills.

Except Light took steps to remove anything that pointed to him being Kira, and L even begrudgingly acknowledged this when he took off Light's cuffs. Literally the only thing compelling L to think Light was Kira was a 'gut feeling', because he sure as hell didn't have any evidence to back it up by the time he died.

"Authors blessing", "Fictional character". You realize every character here is is fictional and their personality is molded by their authors.

>literally no contingency plan
Pretty sure that's not smart. Also, he died because his plan was foiled, not because of someone messing up the plan halfway or anything like that.

Cirno.

The only thing that Light did to remove glaring evidences that he was Kira was the stupid plan with the amnesia, but at this point he was already proven to be the second Kira's boyfriend and already one of the few reasonable suspects. Light was Kira at this point and he MIGHT not have been afterwards, that's what anyone would have concluded.

You realize it's possible to write characters who aren't omniscient, right?

It was Light's behavior when they interacted that solidified L's suspicion of him. That is a form of intelligence, whether or not you think the author gave him too much of it. Of course a detective is going to engage in criminal profiling.

He didn't have any other suspects that gave him the same feeling, so why should he not suspect Light?

>anime

Umineko as a whole is plot bullshit.
Let's use mystery trappings only to asspull the plot because magic. It's shit.

I mean the Misa fingerprints was pretty much solid proof that Light was Kira. It was known openly that Misa was obsessed with Kira, she then is seen around Light (who was at the time one of the main suspects) all of a sudden. Anyone could put two and two together at this point.

Find one: anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=tag&tagid=2109&reltb=chartb&orderby.name=1.1&orderby.gender=0.1&orderbar=0&noalias=1

>anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=tag&tagid=2109&reltb=chartb&orderby.name=1.1&orderby.gender=0.1&orderbar=0&noalias=1

Steins Gate.

Why didn't Light just straight up find a way to kill L without having to know this name, shooting him, poisoning or some shit, I'm sure Light would know how to do this without leaving behind much evidence.

Those characters exists, they're just horribly written: see Gosick, Kamisama no Memochou,... They're supposed to be geniuses but since the writing is horrible they look like idiots solving lame-ass "mysteries" with hilarious asspulls.

>they're just horribly written
Like Light?

this all does not remove from his "smarts" this is just his arrogance showing
>because his plan was foiled
yes but this wouldn't have happened if he never relied on the other guy

ZAWA ZAWA

The plan was retarded from the beginning.

I guess you could say that it wasn't smart to reply on the other guy.

I don't disagree
touché

Kurisu is not that kind of genius.
Those kind of female characters barely exist in anime. There's Shiro in NGNL, but she still uses logic more than trickery.

We just had a thread a couple days ago or so that was full of people asking the same question. I have to assume it's been a while since you read the thread but Light answered that question himself. He didn't know for sure that L was the real L or even if he was, whether there was someone else watching him such that his murder would cast heavy suspicion on Light. L's willingness to show himself for that reason was one of his defining traits, a courage that Near lacked and had to be filled in by Mello.

Light never knew who Watari was until he got his memory back, and then the Rem plan was in motion. Without Rem Watari was an extremely effective shield.

>been a while since you read the thread
I meant "been a while since you read the story."

>whether there was someone else watching him such that his murder would cast heavy suspicion on Light.
In other words, the "super-genius" with the ability to manipulate other people's actions (so long as they are not lethal to anyone other than themselves) could not conceive of a plan where he would be able to kill a man without casting suspicion on himself.

>fucker was stupid enough to narrow down the suspect pool from 7 billion to like 10 million in like the first episode

Light fucked up waaay before Kirafanboy. Linds L. Taylor was where light majorly fucked up.

He saw the possibility that it was an echo of the Lind L. Tailor trap that got him tagged in the first place.

I.e., there are multiple people impersonating L, each meeting a different suspect, and the disappearance of any "L" would mean that he is probably Kira.

Which would have actually happened. Now, Light could have gone through with it and then tried to live in hiding. But Light hates to lose, and decided that he didn't want to make any sacrifices. L was aware of that, too.

>Which would have actually happened.
That's not an argument and is in fact incoherent because he was planning L's demise at the same time.

Light's number 1 recurring character flaw is his pride. Plus he really would've had a very hard time getting away with one of those ploys since L was pretty much always either in public or under surveillance. And he'd most likely avoid eating food prepared by Light.

That's not the point.

Imagine if there was a "real L" that has a suspect list and he sends fake Ls to the people that have a chance to be Kira. If any of them die, even under non-suspicious circumstances like accidents etc. then it casts the person that the fake L revealed himself to in a suspicious light.

The problem was that Light had no idea whether killing L was to his benefit.

Kaiji would probably win if the stakes were high enough. Kaiji is one of those guys that if you leave him to his own devices will just waste away doing nothing productive, but if you put him in the shit he will suddenly turns into Rambo and refuse to die. The stakes have to be really high though, he has to feel utter despair and desperation or he won't perform at his peak.

His worst move was hacking into his father's computer. Not only would this have left traces making Light the obvious culprit but even as the story made it (0 trail) it still showed Kira was among 100 or 150 people in Japan for no benefit whatsoever.

I mean that it's true if L disappeared, Light would have been tagged by Watari and the police. He had to find a way to remove those protections.

This. His best performance was when he was in the worst possible situation.

You are not responding to the point.
Light wanted to kill L, from what I remember.

But isn't that the biggest weakness? He's not proactive. He would wait for the other 3 people to set up their plan and then try to weasel his way out of their attack. He also has too much compassion for the people he defeated. The only person he truly seems to hate with a burning passion is the chairman.

Yes, he wanted to kill L anyway, but he wanted to find a way to do it that wouldn't put him at risk. At the same time he realized that L had some immunity, he also realized that L had no evidence, so he could take his time.

>he wanted to find a way to do it that wouldn't put him at risk.
Which brings us back to .

But he didn't. In his first encounter with him he even noted that. L gave him a fake name and he thought about writing it down, then refused to do it because even if that name was actually his name and even if that person was actually L there was no way to know if L didn't already put a backup plan in place that would ensure that Light was arrested in case he died.

yeah that's a good point to, I like the Linds L. Taylor bit better as light's biggest fuckup because it's actually one of the best written parts of the series, as it show's Light's ego is already out of control since at this point he pretended not to want to murder innocent people, then he turns around and kills "L" just for challenging him. but it's true that he got sloppy and careless once the police started hiding criminals names. He should've just had some cop leak all the names online then commit suicide leaving a "Praise Kira" suicide note or something.

A method of removing L probably means also removing L's accomplices at the same time. It's not something he would've just done at the drop of the hat, otherwise he wouldn't have said that whole bit about being cornered.

Honestly, Kaiji. But it would be a Pyrrhic victory, and there would need to be money at stake or he wouldn't bother.

>Raito is a cocky child who only excels in schoolwork
>Lelouch is an autistic child with overly complicated plans
>Kaiji has been surviving on his own as the trash of humanity for years and has street smarts and interpersonal skills, but not as high a base IQ

If you lack experience, the intelligence needed to compensate for that, IE to figure out from scratch and scenario modeling, what came from experience is a logarithmically higher requirement. (If you've ever been tested on something you didn't know and had to try and figure it out on the spot, you'll understand what I mean. To remember is easy, to derive by yourself is an entirely different level.) Say you don't know e=mc^2, and had to figure it out on your own. Maybe you try picturing matter to energy conversions like an atomic bomb and guestimate the relationship between the variables, or maybe you take what basic physics you do know and try to extrapolate. It takes complete genius to derive that from nothing. However, it doesn't take a genius to remember the formula.

Experience > raw intelligence.

L would beat all three, though. (He knew damned well Raito was Kira but got caught up on legal technicalities of evidence requirements.)

Kaji and Toua are not killers. They are gamblers first and foremost and engage in psychological warfare for money and the thrill.

Lelouche and L are psychopaths with a superiority complex. They wouldn't shy away from murdering their opponents if they had the chance.

>suddenly a Death Note thread
Not surprising I guess.

I personally liked the "shinigami love apples" trap. It wasn't passed off as a big deal, and really it wasn't, but it still seemed like a logical, mild way for Light to get "caught" and solidify L's suspicion of him.

With Light's supposed intelligence it made sense that someone unfamiliar with Kira's codewords would be more likely to realize the possibility that the message was incomplete.

>and L
>L

sorry, I meant Light.

gateway anime of the worst kind.txt

gwern.net/Death-Note-Anonymity
Light lost the second he responded to L's taunt on TV.

But capable waifus are the best waifus.

Lelouche is not a psychopath. Do you even remember Geass?

would be too unrealistic

youtube.com/watch?v=hGJbYpeDMZg

Lelouch is a sociopath, not the same as psychopath but close.

My wife that is.

No, he is not.

nice fanboying you gay fuck. Go hug your Lelouche bodypillow.