Global Warming is a good thing

Me and a few friends had talked at length how global warming would be GOOD for us. This is what we came up with...

1. We realized that ice displaces more water. There might be heightened ocean levels at first, but over time they would balance out. Think of ice in a glass of water. You put a ice cube in water the water level rises, but when the ice melts the level decreases. Logically on a global scale we would have more land available to inhabit.

2. There would also be more sources of fresh water available. In warmer periods on earth life was more abundant meaning more resources and fertile land to farm.

3. In warmer climates life evolves faster, this includes us. In warmers climates our bodies will operate more efficiently and our minds will think faster. We would speed up in our development.

4. Life itself will become larger, even us. No more soyboys.

5. From ice melting we will see relics and ruins from past civilizations preserved from long ago. Antarctica used to be a tropical climate. Such a discovery would give us a better idea of humanity's history.

6. We are still in the last Ice Age, at least towards the end of it. Our climate will stabilize and things like hurricanes, massive cold fronts, etc will become less powerful and our environment will be more predictable and safer.

7. It could be possible ((THEY)), the powers that be, Illuminati, etc are trying to prevent warming because it means the end to their power structure. They got power from the Ice Age due to limited resources and inhabitable land. They are afraid of people out evolving their propaganda and tactics. They've attempted to control this by creating a new form of Original Sin based in scientific lingo and data. Making people resistant to their own existence. Inspiring feelings of anxiety, depression, nihilism, self-doubt and hatred in the populace to create chaos and war to not let the transition into a warmer climate be easy or understood.

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/2011/jul/17/antarctica-tropical-climate-co2-research
youtube.com/watch?v=S-nsU_DaIZE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

1. What are the inlandsis.
2. There would be LESS sources of fresh water.
3. Nope, that's the other way around.
4. W-what?
5. American education I presume.
6. 7. ok I'm done, you're beyond help

Leave to a french man to rationalize the opposite of common sense. is that why you let Hitler take over, because it'd make you safer?

kys

LMAO, you are a retard.

Where's a helicopter when you need one?

Those iceberg humping icebears are the cause of global warming if you ask me.

theguardian.com/world/2011/jul/17/antarctica-tropical-climate-co2-research

Read it and weep, you french slug.

>1. We realized that ice displaces more water. There might be heightened ocean levels at first, but over time they would balance out. Think of ice in a glass of water. You put a ice cube in water the water level rises, but when the ice melts the level decreases. Logically on a global scale we would have more land available to inhabit

>millions years ago
>we will see relics and ruins from past civilizations
You're embarrassing.

>1. We realized that ice displaces more water. There might be heightened ocean levels at first, but over time they would balance out. Think of ice in a glass of water. You put a ice cube in water the water level rises, but when the ice melts the level decreases. Logically on a global scale we would have more land available to inhabit.

decrease? you had to be american.

A floating object displaces an amount of water equal to its own weight, not its volume.

In the case of Arctic ice melting water levels would be the same since its a floating ice sheet. But when you add the ice melting from Antartica then water levels rise, since the ice there isnt floating but stacked on a continental platform.

>
1. We realized that ice displaces more water. There might be heightened ocean levels at first, but over time they would balance out. Think of ice in a glass of water. You put a ice cube in water the water level rises, but when the ice melts the level decreases. Logically on a global scale we would have more land available to inhabit.

Ice only displaces more water if it's below it ...
a floating ice-cube melting does not change the water level.

Greenland & Antarctica melting = water rises.
North pole melting = nothing changes.
Ice below the water surface melting = declining water level.

The main positive effects of a higher average temperature are more rainfall (more evaporation and cloud coverage) and faster plant goth.

in addition increased CO2 levels also speed up plant growth and enable plants to grow in dryer climate (lower water use).
youtube.com/watch?v=S-nsU_DaIZE

So the calculation is:
more efficient land use for farming (+30% yield due to current CO2 vs 100 years ago) + greening of deserts + habitability of areas that used to be to cold vs. possible loss of land area due to rising water levels and in the case of CO2, ocean acidification.

looks like you beat me to it :-)

>2. There would also be more sources of fresh water available. In warmer periods on earth life was more abundant meaning more resources and fertile land to farm.

There would be more rain, not more sources of fresh water.
And more rain isnt inherently good because too much rain ruins soil.

>every warmer southern part of a country is full of retards
>every cold northern part is full of smart people
Good theory

>The entire Atlantic seaboard would vanish, along with Florida and the Gulf Coast. In California, San Francisco's hills would become a cluster of islands and the Central Valley a giant bay. The Gulf of California would stretch north past the latitude of San Diego—not that there'd be a San Diego.

You really want to ride this train?

The change in climate doesn't affect all parts of the Earth equally. Africa and Asia are going to have huge food growing problems in the next 100 years. The US's grain belt is fine, but agriculture in Florida will struggle. Hilariously, the northwest US might be a major food producer in the 2100s. And looking at China you might think they look good, but remember 90% of their food is gown on the bottom 2 divisions there.

>but agriculture in Florida will struggle
There will be no more Florida actually, see >162590890

>ocean acidification
If the oceans die we're super fucked.

Americans are so stupid that it's actually impossible to tell if they're trolling when they post stuff like this.

You are trolling right? I mean i'm not a climate change fag but everything gou said is incredibly stupid, fucking burgers.

also add Greenland ice sheet....

Actually OP is, if I remember correctly, actually partially correct there. If the Noth Pole were to entirely melt away the volume of the water added to the sea would actually be very slightly less than the volume of the ice residing under water. I did read that quite a while ago so I don't know if it still holds up, and regardless this leaves out the obvious problem with this idea with how the ice of the south pole actually is based on a landmass, and the melting of which wouldn't cause less water to be displaced. Which ofcourse regardless of weather or not teh part about the north pole is true would raise the sea level significantly

Il see if I can dig up the exact numbers somewhere.

The main question in this case is if the projections also include the increased levels of rainfall and lower water use of plants in the case of additional CO2.

When it comes to CO2 there are three options.
1. Reduce levels to the natural ones. (using methods like iron fertilization of plankton etc.)
which would make it necessary to cut down all forests and use the land for agriculture, or drastically change food consumption (population reduction, veganism etc.)

2. Aim for perfect levels for C4-plants like Maize, which would be an additional slight increase.

3. Go all out and into the 700ppm range, which would benefit plants like rice and wheat.

this is the dumbest shit I've ever read and is not even good enough to be parody

Prepare for an ice age. Government funded groupthink is the most retarded kind of groupthink.

Picture looks like the balance sheet of the FED (red) vs the balance sheet of the BoJ (green).

>2018
>wanting the only bear that views humans as food to live
Im good

Yep also all the major cities would get a quick "dunk" which will kill off all but the most based of blacks and essays, I'm super stoked on global warming but I fear a mini ice age is more likely in our future

>Leave to a french man to rationalize the opposite of common sense. is that why you let Hitler take over
As opposed to the Kalgerie Plan that is now in full effect? You dumb nigger.

>who is archimedes