Fucking subaru

One line made him the most hated protagonist in all of anime.
Any redeeming factors , Sup Forums?

Yes, he chose best girl, thus cementing him as a man of refined taste

Re:tards will defend him.

I want to smash Subaru's face with a mallet

this

>the most hated protagonist in all of anime
newfag opinion

>implying his nice guy speech didn't make him the most hated protagonist

>the most hated protagonist in all of anime
Like a significant parcel of Sup Forums didn't leave a loving 5/10 chick to pursue a 10/10 stacy back in highschool.

I thought people hate him because of his stupidity
It's like watching DSP playing game

>not realizing Re:Zero is actually a deconstruction of the love confession genre

He suffered so much and did it with pure intentions! Who cares if he doesn't even know the girl he claims to love! GREATEST ANIME EVERRRRRRRR

>have a rant about how you hate yourself
>have a cute girl give you hope and motivations to not give up
>think that she's way too good for you
>reject her because it's better than disappointing her later
>it's just the beginning of the story
it's like the perfect setup for a romantic relationship

broke promises to her and gave up on her life after only 3 deaths, that's some weak love

Emilia on her best day is a solid 3/10

Reinhard has better taste than 99% of you.

Do people unironically like her? She had like no presence in the show.

Doesn't he only love Emilia because every time he dies, the witch's curse amplifies his feelings for her?

Whoa it's like the show is only a tiny fraction of the entire Re:Zero story you secondary.

Yeah, that makes sense why he instantly fell for her the second he saw her before dying once.

She had enough screen time to make an impression. She didn't.

There's a difference between being stunned by her beauty and falling in love, user

2-3 episodes at the beginning of a 2 cour show, and then again for half en episode (where she isn't even the main focus either) in the middle part of it.
Hardly a lot of screentime.

Ferri has the best taste.

Didn't they end up together at the end?

I really don't get the hype around Rem. Its an okay anime with waifu and shit, but whats the big fucking deal with it? Why is this more special than say, Stella worship or Aiz worship?

The sudden popularity of Rem rose to the level nearing Haruhi tier.

No because Rem is dead/deleted/comatose

Rem is waifubait done right. 100% pure dicklust, no personality, no independence. None of that useless bullshit. It works.

Not even close to most hated protagonist.

He wasn't popular enough to be the most hated

>implying terribly flawed characters don't make the best MC's

Is that Palmer Luckey?

>good backstory
>character development
>cool design oni+unique weapon
>badass and cute in one
>straight and honest personality
>heart touching and long confession scene
I guess it's a combination of all these good elements

What is with NEETs and tracksuits?

>100% pure dicklust, no personality, no independence
If you watched the story you'd know how wrong that is

Nice little hook you have here. Some tasty looking bait too

Why would anyone want to be a primary for garbage?

user, you know better than to reply to obvious bait. It's the same idiot who shits up all rem threads.

Well you're a primary child for your garbage mother, so ask yourself that question.

>excuses from a secondary

She's easily the cutest, and it's difficult to pick up on if you have no taste, but she's also the most kind hearted. I can't prove this but it's definitely true.

not him but you sound very insecure about your taste

Rem's development headed right to the MC's dick. "SUBARU-KUN!!! I'M OKAY BEING YOUR 2ND WIFE!!!! ". Fucking disgusting. She lost all her personality. Now her only relevance is being in the ads. She is pure garbage.

This.
First I thought he was just another cookie-cutter kiritolike faggot, who will be able to fuck everybodys shit up soon enough, because he can relive it over and over. So it's nice to see, that he's not a god by now. I also quite like, that he's still horrified by death and every death is taxing on him, when he starts to brush it off the show will go to shit.

Secondary would mean I bothered to actually spend time and watch garbage.

you sound pretty mad, how is it to be jealous 24/7?

Rem's development headed right to the MC's dick. "SUBARU-KUN!!! I'M OKAY BEING YOUR 2ND WIFE!!!". Fucking disgusting. She lost all her personality. Now her only relevance is being in the ads. She is pure garbage. Shit character.

>This desperate

so mad that you have to double post, wow

Well it looks like its about time to post these

I don't hate mitsubishi I just hate the girls the series forces since they're pretty bad.
He has zero reason to be obsessed with emilia and rem has zero reason to be obsessed with him.

I think I made my point here

Oh just for good measure
>[Rem: Excuse me.]
>Suddenly, Rem said that, stood up, and headed towards the window.
>Rem opens the window without a sound like that, and she gazes outside of it as she squinted her eyes. She checked on the mansion’s main entrance, and she picked out something from her pocket with her right hand.
>[Subaru: Rem, what is that?]
>[Rem: A little iron sphere. Since I don’t have something I’m used to using at hand.]
>Rem rolls an iron sphere about the size of a golf ball in her palm, and she threw it outside at a high speed, having a shy expression as if she was embarrassed. After one second, there were thick, rough screams.
>[Rem: ──It hit.]
>Subaru gives Rem a wry smile as she looked outside and gave him a thumbs up.
>When he looked outside while being next to Rem, he saw the white clothed people carrying their unconscious comrades.
>[Subaru: They don’t learn do they…….Rem has bashed it into their heads so many times for them to learn.]
>[Rem: When I bash them, maybe the things they learn get poured out.]
>Subaru shuddered at Rem, her not denying the bashing, and he sighed after watching the group that fled. This pattern of the group getting repelled by Rem like this repeated for three days.
>[Rem: It was the people with white clothes this time.]
>[Subaru: Yep…….wait, what’s up with that bothering remark. This time it was people with white clothes?]

She does still retain her personality

You did good user, you did good.

Actually the anime did a time-skip between arcs 2-3 where they flesh out Rem's relationship with Subaru. Also arcs 2-3 in the anime is missing half of all content within them which is why it seemed like no relationship development happened prior. Since Subaru did nothing but spoil Rem or those two months, cuddling, eating lunch together, cutting hair, playing music, going on dates, assailant assaulting, going mother/father mode on Beatrice, Subaru throwing the equivalent of festivals for Rem. You name it, they even slept together twice.

Emilia on the other hand is because of really big spoiler plot reasons since she's a witch.

If you've read the "From Zero" chapter

>Nobody made expectations for Subaru. She is the only person who didn’t abandon him and didn’t accept the Subaru who abandoned even himself.
>This is the “curse” that Subaru cast on her.

-----

>[Rem: You woke up with a smile, told me the words I wanted to hear the most when I wanted to hear them the most, from the person I wanted to hear them from the most.]
>The frequency of the “curse” that Subaru cast on her is spoken from her mouth.
>That “curse” profoundly and gently restrained her heart with the chains called faith, and she was tied by them like this now as well.

----

>Because he only continued to show his unattractive side…
>Because Subaru himself cast an everlasting “curse” on her…
>He had an obligation to fulfill that duty.

-----

>He raises his face, looks forward, and then looks into Rem’s eyes. She calmly and kindly waits for Subaru to let out his answer.
>Because Subaru wanted to be the Natsuki Subaru that she loves…
>[Subaru: ??I love Emilia.]
>[Rem: ??Yes.]
>Rem responds to Subaru’s confession by nodding with a smile that made it seem as if she knew everything.
>And while knowing how cruel he was being to her smile and her kindness

Which is further emphasized

>Did he really have enough merit to him for a girl as well-done as Rem to love him so much?
>Even now he had to wonder it. That said, he was simultaneously thinking that he'd have to become a man who matched up to that merit.

Basically he thinks of himself as a man not worthy of Rem. Not like it matters because he confessed to Rem twice and tried to kiss her, then sneaks into her room every night after arc 3. Since people keep getting confused as to what that confession really is in retrospect.

He did good wasting his his replying to a shitpost. Yeah, real fantastic waste of time. Don't know why you people feel so compelled to vindicate whether this pathetic protagonist has feelings for your favorite waifubait.

Its better to address to the people who don't know its a shitpost or people who don't know what happens later on than misinformation being spread around. He also did a pretty good job shutting down most of the shitpost arguments as well.

Hope maid moves on. MC looks like a fag anyways.

That's what she got for trying to steal someone else's boyfriend and ruin their relationship. That's being said, she doesn't seem that bad so hopefully she can find a different guy and stop being a cuck.

>Any redeeming factors , Sup Forums?
He won't settle for the easy slut just because the best girl is a bit harder to get.
Subaru did the right thing.

>boyfriend
In which fanfic?

Yeah looks like it.

Good job user. This should shut some people up.

Subaru and Emilia have been a couple since day fucking 1.

>Two people standing next to each other
>A Couple
Guess that means that Felt's the real main girl.

Stop being in denial.

emilia doesn't give a shit about subaru and why should she hes a pathetic useless piece of shit

>overanalyzing everything to be a deconstruction
>when its not even a trope-break

Top wew

>complain that you complain too much
>change literally nothing about yourself after this long of a rant
oh wow, so deep

As the man I am now, married for nearly 6 years and in a long term relationship with her for almost 10 years, I hated this scene. I legitimately couldn't understand why he would turn down Rem.

Then I tried to think about how 17 year-old me would have responded, before I had 10 years of great relationship under my belt. And I absolutely would have chased Emilia instead. The man I am now values loyalty over desire, because I've realized that long-term loyalty is the greatest expression of desire. The man I was when I was 17 just wanted an ideal of a person to fuck, because that's what I thought desire was.

I think it's probably a partially conscious recognition by a lot of viewers of this sort of paradigm that makes this scene so controversial.

>I also quite like, that he's still horrified by death and every death is taxing on him, when he starts to brush it off the show will go to shit.
The author did a side story where that happened but it was treated as some great tragedy about how he lost his humanity or something stupid like that.

Every thread until Rem wakes up.

>married for nearly 6 years
You'll be divorced in 10 years.

Yep, that's him.
Keeps being a cretin in 2017 still.

Yeah, I don't understand why people got so mad when the MC rejected Rem. I think they should've been happy instead because she just dodged a bullet there.

You know that was ironic cosplaying right? It's like how we was wearing an Illusion shirt those two times. He gives no fucks.

This scene will be discussed for centuries to come

Yeah, of course.
Everything is okay as long as you being ironic.