I haven't ever touched a -monogatari series

I haven't ever touched a -monogatari series.
But recently I found out about the success of Owarimonogatari so I kinda want to check out this "universe".
What the fuck do I begin with? Whichever -monogatari title I click on MAL has several prequels, several sequels and adapts a dozen LNs or whatever they're based on. How to figure things out in this chaos?
On the side note, do I really need to watch anything else before starting Owarimonogatari (s1)? Are there prerequisites?

Bakemonogartari into Nisemonogatari.
Then go buck wild

Just download the fanservice webms off your booru of choosing, and imagine inane pointless dialogue playing over them. That's the entire monogatari series abridged.

put the gun in your mouth put the gun in your mouth put the gun in your mouth put the gun in your mouth

bake nise neko second season hana tsuki owari koyomi kizu owari 2

watch it in the order it aired

put kizu after bake, then it is ok.

Here's a version with the garbage removed.

follow this guide and stop after the first season

>"success"
According to who, gatari fans?They will unironically eat up anything that is shit onto their plate at this point. They are the same as gundam fans, blizarrd game fans, or any other delusional fanbase.
At best you can say Bakemonogatari was semi-interesting and half decent, the rest of it has abominable writing, even worse plot lines, and pure unironic fan service that serves no purpose other than being fanservice.

I was on board with gatari for three seasons, then I assumed they were going to change the formula and they just never did.

>fan service that serves no purpose other than being fanservice
What

that picture gets me every time, i've never seen a group of people read so deeply into things as much as monofags. the only ones comparable are evafags who are just a lost cause at this point. even shows that are three times as philosophical, symbolical, or "deep" such as angels egg or texhnolyze are not read into like mono is.

You can have "fanservice" be a symbol for other things, or an actual sexual scene rather than just showing some tis/ass for no reason other than purely "service for the fans".

Funny, only Bakefags are the one who go on and on about how the fanservice isn't really fanservice and Bake is super deep and meaningful unlike every other entry in the series.

Monogatari's fanservice is more arousing than HSotD's fanservice though. Those frames give the impression that an animator put care and love into illustrating Senjougahara's butt and tatas. The HSotD fanservice looks like an animator read 'DRAW PANTYSHOT' and 'DRAW TITS SHOT' on his instructions list, did it and checked them off.

as a monogatarifag, I agree with you on gatari being more arousing.
BUT, a fanservice is still a fanservice.

I could sit around and honk hitagi's ass for hours.

Just watch Bakemonogatari. If you really like it, check out the sequel but be aware that it's all downhill from there.

There's "chronological order" i.e the order in which the arcs from the original LN were written in, but that becomes a shitfuck when some seasons mess that up.

Release order is generally best, usually named [Prefix] -monogatari, with the prefixes relating to their arcs.

Bake - monogatari
Nise - "
Neko - " (kuro/black)
Monogatari S2, which is 4 different arcs together.
Hana - Monogatari
Tsuki - "
Owari - " 1 and 2

There's also the trio of Kizu films, which are the very first arc, and Koyomi-monogatari, a number of shorts from the usually inter-arc stories. Watch kizu whenever, and koyomi whenever you've got comfortable with the series.

Every mono season ever:

>same reoccurring lines/jokes
check
>fan service
check
>translated puns that make no sense in english
check
>psychology 101 lessons
check
>plot ass pulls to save a character
check
>no one actually changes or grows even after all the effort
check
>etc
etc

Bake, Nise, Neko, Monogatari S2, Hana, Tsuki, Owari, Koyomi, Owari S2
Kizu at any point after Bake

>do I really need to watch anything else before starting Owarimonogatari (s1)?
Yes but you can skip Hana, Tsuki and Koyomi if you want

>I haven't ever touched a -monogatari series.
Don't

>But recently I found out about the success of Owarimonogatari so I kinda want to check out this "universe".
Oh you're one of THOSE fagets

Instead of gatari I would highly suggest Kuroinu Kedakaki instead. It comes with everything that gatari has, shitty dialog, shitty plot, BUT the fanservice is much better.

irc teens out

>MAL
never heard of Google?
Wikipedia?

Bakemonogatari is the first "season". The rest should be easy to figure out.

>Kuroinu Kedakaki
good taste, I would actually recommend it over the mono series

Wait what ? Owari is succes ? As I am almost gatari series fanboy I recently finished Kizumonogatari III. I just can't force myself to watch Owari past 2-3 episode... and it got second season.

Monogatari Series is not HENTAI!

Of course not fellow Monogatari fan. It is fine art !

Start with Oremonogatari and then go to Oreimomonogatari. Those lead into Bakemonogatari. It's a meme in the fanbase that Bakemonogatari is the first one.

>deep
Being too deep is a bit gloomy. I don't even think that the series is that deep. There is a lighter side to it like this little girl. You can even understand the show even if you don't bother understanding all those so called 'symbolism'.

Why the fuck did you tell him?

Don't watch it. It's shit with worst girls and MC ever created.

wtf is this list

How do you do fellow monogatarifags?
Do you have little hope for Zokuowari and Off-season?

Would either of them really be ok with sharing?

No
Hitagi shares him only with Shinobu.

Didn't some staff member announce that they were working on it on Twitter?

Only rumors.
Maybe they will announce something after Fate.

That is because you are focusing on the wrong pair. Their is just a smokescreen.

>Katanagatari
>Ore Monogatari

I died

best and easiest answer

This one is the latest addition.
>OreimoMonoagatari

crabfag