LN or Anime?

>start watching an anime
>"wow, MC seems really stupid"
>find out I'm missing out on their "inner monologue" from the LN that makes them smarter
>already 3 episodes in

Should I finish the anime, and continue where it left off in the LN? Or should I read the LN from the beginning?

Pls respond

>LN
eww

>watching LN adaptions

Guys, c'mon. I'm being serious

>LNs
>adaptations

lmaoing @ ur life

It's not possible that LN source material makes a dumb character smarter.

I don't think this kind of things ever happens. It might give their character more layers, make them more likable, sure, maybe provide more insight or justification to why they do the dumb things they do, but I've never actually come across a scenario where inner monologues actually makes a character is "smarter". Even in adaptations, characters acting stupid would be prefaced by having monologues saying they're acting stupid being vocalized.

Imagine if they mute Kyon's inner monologues in the anime.

what anime or LN are you talking about user?

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry. Stella falling in love with MC seemed kind of rushed in the anime, but I heard it was better in the LN because it shows her inner thoughts

Never watch VN adaptations, always read LN before the anime. That is the rule.

>Always read LN before the anime
Agree!
Read LN for the story and detail...
Then watch the anime for the visual (optional).

>VN adaptions
Good riddance, not that I dislike the medium but they almost always turned out to be so shitty.

VN are built through monologues and even if they manage to do that right, they will fail trying to adapt the plot of all the routes in a single one, plus they always get shit studios. The only VN adaptation i liked was WA2 and that was because Introductory Chapter did not have routes, they would fail if they tried to adapt Closing Chapter. Amagami SS also was good, i guess, but they did not try to make a single route, the format was different, and it was neither focused on monologues or plot magic. Visual Novels should not be watched as general rule.

If you remove this guy's inner monologues he would probably look smarter

>inner monologues
> did not try to make it a single route
>Visual Novelsa adaptations should
Sorry, i am not sober.

I never read it but, taking the name of the series and the synpsis in consideration, i was thinking it was made that way to sound comic, i am wrong? I am planning to pick it up soon, please warn me if it is shit.

synopsis does not do it any justice

very good isekai in the same way One Piece is a very good battle shounen

Too bad that LNs are shit 99% of the time

If you don't like the LN, you'll probably not like it's adaptation. It's been the case for me, at least.

I like to read light novels at work, they are easy to digest compared to actual novels or real literature. I don't mind being interrupted while reading them and i can spend my free time in a fun way doing so. They are too much hated in the west, compared to how little they mean.

UBW was pretty good, though

Reading LN translations is a gamble in the first place, a lot of them are horribly done.

Is it? I always avoided anything related to Fate, and Type-Moon generally. I don't like the premisse of Fate and always hear very contradictory information about it. I always been interested about Tsukihime though, but did not read it either.

>If you don't like the LN, you'll probably not like it's adaptation.
After having finished the pet girl of sakurasou's anime and reading how the LN's continuation was even more of a train-wreck, I'd disagree.

I'm still fucking mad.

Agreed. It may have not been a faithful adaptation, but it was still entertaining enough.

Literally stopped reading this because his personality is too twisted.