Remakes, reimaginings and continuations

Are you excited? Are they going to ruin everything? Which ones will live up and which ones will fail?

Other urls found in this thread:

camp-fire.jp/projects/view/26931
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's going to be a disaster.

Only FMP and LOGH will live up.

some shows that already got a second run after being gone for over a decade to compare

>Are they going to ruin everything?
yes

we got a normal Tenchi sequel OVA too and it was pretty good.

I don't even know what happened to Eva remakes, they kinda just gave up half-way

AIC seems to be reviving lots of old shows lately. Tenchi OVA 4 just finished coming out. They've crowdfunded a new Megazone 23 series and now they're trying to crowdfund a new Pretty Sammy series. And whatever happened to the new Saber Marionette that AIC announced. Is it dead?

Ai's show always had its share of good and bad episodes and the 4th season wasn't different. I feel like it had more QUALITY though.

/thread

Megazone 23 is so ridulous that I had completley forggoten about it, of all the shit I'd ever thought I'd see more of, that's right next to a fucking remake of Gall Force

>cgi battleships
>takes place as remake/sidestory instead of adding anything when
LOGH will be the worst of the bunch, no reason to watch it instead of just enjoying the original.

because sequels and remakes are the best thing coming out of hollywood too, right?

they're not even remotely similar, remakes in anime have always been something most have tried to avoid because it doesn't transition the same way a movie remake does, which are usually just one offs that the creators never really know how to expand on so they just redo them over and over.

>cgi battleships
Yes and?
It's been like that for the past decade, be it Gundam, Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 and so on, it doesn't make a show bad on its own.
Plus it's fucking Production I.G behind it.

>they're trying to crowdfund a new Pretty Sammy series

Woah, source on this? Big if true. Hopefully they can hit their goal and it'll be regular Sasami instead of whatever Ai Tenchi's Sasami was supposed to be.

I think remakes have their merits but the issue with most of them is that for some reason Japan isn't putting in the proper amount of dedication that they not only deserve but also desperately need. They're treated like cash grabs and little more which is sad. The new Sakura looks great despite what any contrarians say and you can tell they actually put in the effort to make it good. Hopefully it sells like hot cakes so future endeavors will have that incentive to follow their lead.

The likes of Sailor Moon Crystal should have never come into existence, not that way. Sailor Moon deserved better. How can you call it a 25th anniversary when it shits all over the original and the manga?

If they ruin CCS we riot

I just started watching Jigoku Sensei Nube and I have to say I'm actually really surprised it hasn't gotten a remake yet. Its fucking great and I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it. But I mean, it was clearly popular because it got three movies and an OVA so while I'm sure it was probably a bit overshadowed by something bigger (not sure right off the top of my head what was airing in 96') it still must've been doing good to get three movies. Yu Yu Hakusho only got two movies so I dunno'. But I wont be surprised if at some point they do decide to reanimate it in the same vein of Dororon Enma-kun Meramera and all I can hope is that they don't completely fuck it up.

I fully expect to see a CGI Sakura

Turkeyhandle needs a graphic and OST overhaul badly, and the story could use a tune-up. I'd prefer they keep the H-content, but it's not a deal-breaker.

The Eureka 7 movies are going to suck ass. We already know that the first one and at least a major portion of the second are given to redoing the Renton leaving the Gekko to live with Ray and Charles arc, which is a really strange arc to do for a stand-alone trilogy. It's just not going to mean much to a new viewer not familiar with Eureka or Holland and Reton's relationship prior to that particular arc.

Lord have mercy.

Here is the Pretty Sammy crowdfunding campaign.
camp-fire.jp/projects/view/26931

Ai Tenchi Muyo wasn't a remake either, it was a sequel/side story to the original.

>improved art
I don't see a problem here

>They're treated like cash grabs and little more
Because that's what they are.

They all look awful.