objectively yes

Boruto is still a thing?

This, but hxh 2011 anime is great too.
>inb4 contrarian 99 fags throwing tantrums

The shit Toei puts out is a crime. Time to wait 15 years for One Piece Kai

Yes.

>What I watched was the first three episodes of the anime

>What I got was the manga literally hundreds of chapters later

At least whoever made this was at least smart enough to drop the anime for the manga.

>Is One Piece still the best little boy
Sure, One Piece can win the special olympics.

DB has existed for 30 years op

It never was good

Just because it's the most popular and highest grossing doesn't mean it's necessarily good.

No, but things that are good tend to be popular

O

Will Sup Forums survive a new bleach anime? do we need to start a quarantine project in advance.

I'll just leave this here.

Daily reminder that Once Piece is a parody

Stand aside

>Cyborg
.DBZ had them
>Zombies
DBZ and technically Bleach had them
>25 foot tall guy
DBZ had them

33 chapters in

when does the art get better

one piece? the best at anything?
lol its not even a deconstruction of the genre

There's jumps in quality around volume 7, 13, 18, and 27

The kaiwaii ugu super rough stuff mostly ends around volume 7/8, but the scans are still rough then and it's not entirely solved till 13/14. I'd say around 14 onwards is when it gets "good" rather then bad or servicable.

18 to late 20's is fantastic, though. 30, 31, 32, and 33 look great too but IMO raiku gets worse at faces there compared to how much he improved up till then

more examples of volume 18 onward art

last one, I think this illustrates enough

I think you mean Negima

That last panel makes it sound like shit.

Of all time? Not even close.

That's currently running? No, BHA and DBS are much better.

What is jojo

That's quite an insult. But you might be right. Boruto anime has good animation at least.

It peaked with Robins "I want to live".

>Is One Piece still the best shounen?

I wouldn't use the word "still", but One Piece is definitely a contender for the better if not the best shounen. One Piece is fun and has decent world building and the luxury of a conscious author who doesn't forget ANYTHING, so the more he's built, the more he has to work with, so the longer it's gone on the more momentum it's built.

I also think BNHA deserves some mention as this user suggests: even though I think it has the opposite problem that One Piece has in the sense that I feel the longer BNHA drags out the more I see it kind of dipping or dragging in terms of quality.
BNHA had an exceptionally strong fucking start, it was great: every single character is interesting, every girl is best girl, the villians aren't "comically evil" and have somewhat reasonable motives beyond just being mustachio twirling asburgers, the world they've made is absolutely fucking fascinating, and none of the characters feel useless or unnecessary (well, maybe a couple)- everybody regularly gets their little spotlight.
But I feel as though the longer it drags on a story the less I give a shit? BNHA has had very fast pacing compared to other shounen and I think that's a strength of it? No fucking filler: everything important happening with expedience.
I dunno, I hope you guys get what I'm trying to get at.

Best contiguous comic.

>shounen
You mean Dragon Ball knock offs?

It's trash, but better than fairy tail, bleach and naruto.

The fishman arc is amazing especially animated. Don't know why it gets so much flak and considered by a lot of people as forgettable.

When The fate avernicus stuff started wew boy things went from a six to a 45.
>the festival arc was amazing though.

No

The manga still is and keeps topping itself somehow but the anime has turned to unwatchable toei shit

>Wan piss
>Best

how does pierrot do it? during naruto it was pretty inconsistent but still had some amazing fights, but toei manages to be consistently shit

one piece is the best shonen in japan

It went to shit after the timeskip, the only reason I'm still reading it is to see what kaido gonna do, even big mom was a let down as a yonko

One Piece is built to last long , adventures and discovering islands , unfathomably strong people were there from the start so you don't feel the power creep and you know the MCs were weak as shit then

BNHA doesn't seem to be able to last long because what is there to discover? Their entire world is about the same while One Piece has mini worlds in the form of the islands .

BNHA won't last as long but I hope it goes out with a bang , it's still very good and it will stay good unless it overstays its welcome

One Piece will never have the same appeal as Naruto or Bleach in the West because it's too damn goofy.

It's also simultaneously much stronger emotionally.
Virtually every main character has some form of tragic back story.

>Ain't no one born into this world to be alone.

>the villians aren't "comically evil" and have somewhat reasonable motives beyond just being mustachio twirling asburgers
That's the stupides shit I've heard all day. Literally every villain we've seen so far was a retard whose reasons, if they even had them at all, were so absurd and nonsensical that it made them only more 'comical'.

The rest of your post is subjective grabage which I can deflect by simply typing 'no'. I have no idea why retards think it's the best shonen ever when it plays everything save and is mediocre at best.

>much stronger emotionally
>Virtually every main character has some form of tragic back story.
You seem not to understand what makes something stronger emotionally. The more you repeat something the less you feel about it. Naruto for sure has much more emotional impact.

>Virtually every main character has some form of tragic back story.

I'd actually say that's one of my big gripes with One Piece:
Everybody's backstory has to be soooooo fucking tragic and even if they're all fine and good (which they are), it just becomes cliche when EVERYONE has a tragic backstory. It's overplayed is my point.

Was this pic made by a cancerous 13 year old with a very low vocabulary?

They're pirates. That's not a line of work you get into because things are going right in your life.

Unless you're Bellamy, but he was an asshole.

Dunno about the best but unlike the other 2 """best""" shonen narutoshit and bleachmyeyes, OP is actually pretty good.

Not really because Naruto is written for preteens and teenagers.
The narrative is built around powerlevels and will-they-wont-they relationships.
There's no thematic objective other than flashy powers and romance teasing.
Shit just gets made up on the spot and sticks around depending on whether or not it's popular with fans and has the potential to milk more money.

One Piece is written for all ages.
It's cartoonish, but not juvenile, maybe even surreal.
Its thematic objective is to capture the spirit of adventure and freedom.
When a character's story is told, it's woven into a larger context of the world and history around them.
That gives way more gravitas to a goofy side character that always tells lies, than Naruto meeting his mom any day.

>muh gum gum pistol

It was complete garbage during Dressrosa but jow it's picking up.

Obvious troll is obvious

How can people like Boruto, they turned a series about fucking demi-Gods fightning for the sake of the planet into "what will Boruto and friends do today xDD :3?!?". Fucking low test nu-males i swear.

>This is what wanpisufags actually believe

That's the dumbest shit I've ever read. Both manga written with a certain demographic in mind you just like one and apparently didn't even bother to read the other.
The first part of your post is just plain wrong, outside of the first sentence. The second part of your post is the most conter-intuitive conclusion ever made, and it's not like it have any basis outside of your delusion.
Half of the sad stories in One Piece are just rehashes of the old ones and being wowne into a large context they hardly are, at least not to the degree where the same could be said about any other shonen, Naruto included.

BnHA>DB Super>>>The rest.

They just keep the budget low for the awesome fighting scenes

QUALITY

Yeah that was probably a bad example.

Film Gold's animation and set pieces were really nice to look at

I wonder to this day why did Super start looking better than One piece (low bar) when One piece is more popular.

Is it? I lost most of my interest there, and dropped it so I could read it all at a later stage when it gets interesting.
Is it time to pick it back up?
Also, why are the threads on Sup Forums so shitty? I occasionally visit them (read: no more than a couple of times a year) and they're absolute shit compared to the threads before. The presence there is obviously foreign, it doesn't feel like Sup Forums at all.

Popular things can be half-assed because it sells easily

Shouldn't Detective Conan be considered a non-battle shounen at this point

The pacing gets a considerable boost. No more chapters about fights between literal whos.

BnHA dethroned it.

I might pick it back up, then. Thanks.

>BnHA
This fucking manga looks like it was drawn by Shadman, and has some of the ugliest digital art/colouring I've ever seen

Fuck off

How? If you're read/watched other shonen, it's completely average and predictable. I can only see people who haven't seen a shonen before praising it like it's the next big thing.
Hell, the characters are just archetypes and I could give less of a fuck about them.
Fucking Naruto had a better worldbuilding and characters you could give a fuck about.

Naruto went from a decent shounen until the gaara arc ended then it turned into a rip-off of Dragon Ball and its now ripping off moeshit.

anime user. the anime is very well done

What part of right now don't you get you stupid nigger. Also literally the only competition is DBS and toei is just kicking a dead horse by now

It was really nice until the Pain arc. Nagato being TnJ'd into resurrecting everyone he killed was complete bullshit and it soured the manga from there on.

>beating a dead horse

DB was dead since Z ended its now slowly waking up with some shakeups (RoF being absolutely garbage and shit like this).

Not him, but that's because it's not a long-running anime. There was 1 whole year between the first and the second season. The higher visual quality compared to Toei/Pierrot productions shouldn't really be a surprise.

>I have not read the manga

>The rest of your post is subjective grabage which I can deflect by simply typing 'no
So you have no argument
> I have no idea why retards think it's the best shonen ever when it plays everything save and is mediocre at best.
And this same thread where people praise formulaic garbage like Gash Bell and One Piece

I don't know whether to think if Haki was a mistake or not

>Fucking Naruto had a better worldbuilding and characters you could give a fuck about.

Yes, look at these amazing animations

youtube.com/watch?v=ftvpcn2NAm4

One Punch man

What I watched: One Piece
What I expected: Something happening
What I got: Nothing happens

It was. I don't really like it right now because I find the expressions lacking and well it's kind of cluttered. It's still very much worth reading though.

least edgelords will keep out. the msot of them though

>DBS

BnHA is well drawn and has some pretty distinct characters but that's about it. Story-wise, it's frankly not interesting enough.

Nah, when it comes to battle shounen Fullmetal is a lot better. It's actually thought out and has natural plot progression.

I honestly fucking hate this fanbase

Reason you'll give less of a shit the more it drags on is because theirs no fucking tension. It all died out the moment Aizawa and 13 survived the attack on USJ arc. The only real palpable tension that exists that drives my enjoyment of this series is weather or not Deku will do something cool in front of his classmates that nets him immediate recognition and awe from those around him.

This show is at it's best when it's about kids in a school setting being kids in a school setting. Going out shopping, passing tests, trying to one up each other, growing learning and complaining. The moment you separate the kids from one another and place them in life-and-death situations that aren't really life-and-death situations since nobody fucking dies is the moment you begin to lose my interest.

At least OnePiece keeps you interested through masterful world building, non-stop comedy and villains that aren't destined to perpetually job to highschool students.