Evangelion 1.0

hey anons!
I just marathoned the entire Neon Genesis Evangelion series and The End of Evangelion movie.

>and now I want to die

The ending of the series was odd, and left me wanting closure, but the movie... it gave no fucking closure.

in the the ending of the movie every one is dead except Shinji, and for some reason Asuka (or at least that's what the ending led me to believe) so, it also gave me no closure. Hell, it made yearn for for another ending. It ripped my damn heart out to see all of the characters I learned to love die one by one.

now, anons, The main question I have is: should I watch the other 3 movies, or will they leave me even more depressed? does it end the same way?
I have heard that it is basically a reboot, so I'm scared of wasting my time and causing me to go into a little spiral of gloom for a while.

>So, Anons? Should I watch them or not?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NAMAwErYRpQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

please, I need closure ;-;

You won't get it from the Rebuilds. Give it a week.

>expecting anything but shit from eva
This is what happens when you believe idiots with no taste.

first one is just a remaster of the first 6 episodes
second one is the "main" one but it has a LOT of small changes that sometimes don't make sense
3.33 is ehhh... You'll find out

>So, Anons? Should I watch them or not?
The Rebuilds are garbage, user. They offer nothing.

The original has closure enough. Rei, AKA "best girl" is the one that makes the fundamental development in the series and recognizes her own self worth and personality.

Through that, Shinji is also eventually able to recognize his.

Asuka represents failure and lack of responsibility, something loathed by adults.

reminder to not watch the rebuilds until 3.0+1.0 gets a trailer.

You will get as much closure from 3.0+1.0 as Twin Peaks fans got from S3 Episodes 17 & 18.

in that case, what should I watch.
this anime has seriously fucked me up
I wasnt expecting it to end that way, and I wish I had known it would have, because then I wouldn't have watched it.

Something that wont leave just as depressed as before

Berserk, a joyful, shonen adventure full of fun characters and good mesages.

No licensed media depicts where they go from the beach. Rebuild is its own separate but lesser frustration with new things left unresolved.

Don't watch the rebuilds. It's not worth it, and there's no conclusion in sight. If/when we do get the finale, there's no way it can satisfactorily close up all the loose ends and questions 3.33 introduced.

Eva has a happy ending. If you don't get that, try rewatching.

I wish I hadn't watched this

at first every thing was awesome, like a sitcom with giant robots and a sprinkle of teenage awkwardness, and then they just throw that all out the window, make everything serious, kill everyone you loved, and say fuck you to whoever was enjoying the show.

are there any shows like the beginning of the show, minus the mindfucks and sudden character deaths?

Is no one going to mention the formatting of OP's post?
>!
>...
>incorrectly using greentext
>incorrectly using greentext again
>not understanding evangelion thread #182728
>is this good?

If you mean with Mecha in particular, there are plenty of shows. Dai Guard is a pretty cheery show. It's MOTW the whole way through, but the characters are fun, and the mecha is neat, even though the budget is kinda low.

not an argument

Convincing people not to watch Rebuild takes priority.

There was no argument in this first place

>Eva has a happy ending. If you don't get that, try rewatching.
This, OP. Also, here's a good analysis of the series and the End of Evangelion that might help you make sense of what you're feeling.

youtu.be/NAMAwErYRpQ

>happy ending
I can never tell if it actually was happy, or if I just interpreted the story in a way that let me believe this to be true.

The ending of the series is meant to be a happy one, not the movie. The movie is a seething criticism of the audience, and should not be taken positively. At the end of the series though, Shinji finally realizes that he can't derive his sense of self-worth from others and that it must come from within, which is the main conflict throughout the entire series. It ends with all of the other characters appluading him for this realization. How can that not be a positive thing?

The problem is that that ending gave almost no closure, leaving many questions like "what happens after they kill the last angel", and "wtf is going to happen to asuka", ect.
so then you watch the movie, and it also leaves a bunch of questions like " wtf just happened", and "why did almost every good character have to die", ect.
so there is practically no real closure it seems, just stuff to interpret.

>"what happens after they kill the last angel"
>"wtf is going to happen to asuka"

If that's what you're concerned with, you've missed the entire point. Go watch Gundam or something.

>so there is practically no real closure it seems
That is the entire point of the movie. It's one big "fuck you" to the audience that just wants more robot battles and fan service.

>
>>"what happens after they kill the last angel"
>>"wtf is going to happen to asuka"
>
>If that's what you're concerned with, you've missed the entire point. Go watch Gundam or something.
>
>>so there is practically no real closure it seems
>That is the entire point of the movie. It's one big "fuck you" to the audience that just wants more robot battles and fan service.

What is wrong with caring about the characters?
And the movie is just unfortunate I guess.

Read the manga.
It has slight tonal differences but the main thing is the ending.

I guess I have found enough closure in knowing that there is going to be no closure, if that even makes sense

Thank you anons

why don't you go watch Gangsta, that'll cheer you up.

End of Evangelion is the ultimate closure.

Lurk more and learn how to structure your posts better you prancing lala homing missile.