I was told not to wear my rolex to work anymore by a manager...

I was told not to wear my rolex to work anymore by a manager. I'm a server at a restaurant and will probably quit over this. Everyone else wears shitty walmart watches but I can't wear my rolex?

Other urls found in this thread:

masterofsopranos.wordpress.com/the-sopranos-definitive-explanation-of-the-end/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

> works as server in restaurant.
> wants us to believe it's a real rolex

nobody wants to think that a drug dealer is carting their food over to them

it cost $6k

did he get whacked at the end Sup Forums?

There's probably a reason you fetch food and plates for people

great story, I'm glad you posted it to this politics board

rolex is tacky and for poor people who act rich

Yes. This page does a great job decoding it all.

masterofsopranos.wordpress.com/the-sopranos-definitive-explanation-of-the-end/

>is a server
>buys a 6k rolex

AYYYO PASS DA GABAGOOL

6k you could have used to an education and not serve people food for a living.

Just start wearing an ascot, since your main focus is showing everyone how wealthy you are.

I'd only allow you to wear a wedding band if you're married and a religious symbol of some sorts if it's a necklace, no other jewellery, including watches. You're working with food, I don't give a shit how fash you think you are.

i trade stocks on the side

I take my dog for a walk on the side, i'm not a professional dog walker making a living from it.

Buy a Railmaster to wear to work instead. That'll learn 'em.

Seriously, though, unless you're wearing a two-tone Datejust, how the fuck do people even know you're wearing a Rolex?

I make money from it

Make more and you can wear 20 Rolex' any time you want without some manager telling you no.

Now go get me some water.

To be fair, I do delivery at a shitty pizza chain and make ~$40 an hour including tips consistently. Servers at nicer restaurants easily clear $100k a year so I don't see how he can't justify it when middle management make less and buy them.

The real question is why are you wearing an expensive watch when you are a waiter. The chances of an accidental scratch is pretty high when you literally work with your hands and actively taking plates. Second real question why even wear a watch to begin with? Oh that's right you want people to assume you're loaded or better than they are because knowing the time is no longer about owning watches. You're phone can easily replace that. Most people would agree that anyone young who wears a watch is just a pretentious smug faggot that thinks their fashion is better. I could drop the money to buy a better watch than you own all of that does is make it easier to be a target of a theft.

>i'm in the process of returning my paycheck to (((Wall Street)))

>wearing watches
>wasting money on a fucking brand name watch
>being a waiter
So much failure in such a simple anecdote.
>I don't see how he can't justify it
No one could justify such waste.

t. I've never worn a jacket before in my life

Is that $6 in Leaf Bucks?

So it's worth about $1.50?

I'm pretty loaded and my watch cost 600. I don't serve food.

4600 usd 6000 cad

you exaggerate the leaf buck meme

i make more than you

your role in that environment is to be the indentured servant whose miserable existence makes the customers feel better about themselves. having an expensive watch conflicts with this.

Just tell him it's a knockoff. I wore a Movado when I was a server and used to tell the little gangbanger wetbacks in the back it was fake when I'd catch them eyeballing it.

Gotta love all these homos on disability cracking on you. I made about 20-30 bucks an hour serving and significantly more bartending, where the possibilities for 'dirt' were endless. Not to mention the connects you make and subsequent income from that throughout the shift-buy low sell high. Not to mention the bevy of beaver at your disposal. If your a a server with a Rolex I assume you know what I'm talking about.

That said, this isn't politics, so fuck off. Sage.

No you don't. t.

>completely ignores my other points.
t.retard

this. get a Breitling or something

I'm filing my taxes right now and i'm claiming $82k. I made over 6 figures with tips

This is why people hate leafs

Your other point is whipping out your cell phone every time you want to check the time. Not everyone was born after 2000 and checks their facebook and twitter every 45 seconds.

this is obviously just a bait thread, or OP is profoundly retarded.
If you work in a restaurant you're going to break your watch eventually, that area is prime for hitting on various things.
you also wouldn't want people who tip you thinking you're some rich trust fund kid who cares so little about his expensive item he actually wears it to work
you should never flaunt wealth in front of patrons anyways, especially not when the service is for the customer, to make sure they have a good time, not to try and impress people with your jewelry.
so yeah, bullshit story

Wow what place of business are you working where they dont want their employees to look classy/wealthy?
Quit man they are biting the hand that feeds.

Well done. Meagre.

>You could have spent your 6k on jewish communist indoctrination
I think I'd rather have a watch.

ill kill u

idgaf

I claimed 124k on my 2013 taxes as a college student waiting tables. Ran through a slew of 8+/10 hostesses too. You ever make 100 grand in a year at your dead end manual labor job?

What does dressing for cold weather have to do with anything?

Lol

If I see you with a rolex, you aint getting a tip.

>I'm a server at a restaurant and will probably quit over this
your job is to be a pleb act like it

It's a symbol of status you fucking commie degenerate. I bet you're the type of person that doesn't even tip waiters to begin with.

Make weapons and ammunition and then sell for a higher price to criminal organisations. Quit job once your have a large enough network.

Stop responding to these morons OP

Let this be a life lesson, I learned it as well in my 20s, I’m 38 now. Money attracts jealousy. Leave it out if the work place.

When I was young and dumb I made good money and bought a new Dodge Viper, of course I ‘had’ to drive it to work. It Caused nothing but problems because other people questioned why I was making so much (I work in IT, I have a skill set that’s harder to come by, this I’m well compensated for it).

I still have that viper, also a Gallardo, and some other fun toys. I have never driven anything but my POS Hyundai to work. I don’t hang out with coworkers and I don’t wear or post anything online that indicates my income level. Lesson fucking learned.

It’s just a world of hurt you don’t need. Buy a cheap good looking watch for work, wear the Rolex out on the town outside of work

Your life will be much simpler.

>black

Literal nigger child lmao. I would be embarrassed as fuck wearing a rollie to my shitty food service job. Save it for when you're out, or get a better job. Guarantee you everyone is making fun of you "lol blew his paycheck on a rolex"

This Bulova are more accurate and nicer than Rolex and don't cost an arm and a leg

why do grown men care what other grown men spend their money on

Whats up poorfags? ;)) you ok ? Hehe ;))

Look what i got 20k usd Rolex;) stay Jelly poorfags ;))))

>It's a symbol of status you fucking commie degenerate
No, its a symbol you're dumb enough to waste money on something as obsolete as watches.
>I bet you're the type of person that doesn't even tip waiters to
Well, yeah, tipping is stupid.

In the meanwhile my gf just went to a coffee shop in rural midwest and was served by some dude wearing eyeliner and lipstick. No rolexes allowed, but this faggotry is.

what are you

When did they start tying sausage links with cheap fake watches?

I don't care but I am getting a good laugh. Your manager cares because it makes his joint look bad

First of all, SAGED

Second. Nobody gives a fuck about your rolex and your coworkers probably don't like you

Third. You should post this type of shit on instagram instead so you can have a circlejerk with other rolex owners

Fourth. Vote conservative

And people wonder why western civilization is turning into 3rd world countries

>Being this envious of people who don't dress like neck beards

Normal people don't assume someone is pretentious because they wear nice clothes faggot. Leave your house for once.

why would you quit? let them fire you and force them into a legal jeopardy where a lawsuit is possible

Quality b8

breitling loses 40% of its value the minute you buy it. at least you can resell a rolex for a reasonable price.

You can get pre-owned air-kings and other no-date stainless oyster models for about $1'500usd.

>server
>6k timepiece
Assuming it's genuine, assume that everyone assumes it's fake. Your manager is based. If you don't understand this, you are an absolute nigger-tier rube, a philistine at best.

Sure you could, little buddy.

Former Server here. Why wear a watch anyways. In 27 years of Bartender/Server I never wore a watch because it could get caught on all kinds of things. Saw a fellow server once get his watch caught on soup ladle and burned the shit out of his hand and arm. Now saying that, if your boss is an asshole or the place you work at in general sucks, then move on. Remember it's all about YOUR economics, not theirs. Good bosses keep good servers because shitty servers are a dime a dozen.

Good comparison! What do the top dog walkers top out at? I've made $40k in a day multiple times sitting in my cubical trading instead of doing the work I get paid for. I don't wear a Rolex to work, but I have the nicest car in the parking lot. Management can suck my cock if they don't like it.

Stop posting this fucking thread. It was gay the first time you posted it in /ck/ 15 hours ago and its still gay. Sage

Have you thought about modifying it to say air kang?

you do realize that by wearing a rolex you're greatly decreasing the tips people give you, right?

Or maybe you were embarrassing yourself by wearing a fake Rolex.

The cheapest fakes are easy to spot because of their quartz dial movements. ...
The second way to spot a fake is by the heft of the watch. ...
Next, take a look at the winder on the side. ...
Last but not least, the cyclops lens on the face of the true Rolex will magnify the date.

I wear my late grandfather's JLC watch That he bought for 6k in the 60s. Still keep good time. this is /bant/ stuff btw

We have a say here, cool people wear switzerland Rolex, but curious people wear "made in Taiwan" one.

i thought that was rosie odonnel from the thumbnail

I've worked with plenty of servers making 6 figures in fine dinning. Even middle tier servers with hustle can do well. Go get a better job at a better joint OP - fuck those faggots.

How do I be loaded too, whiskeyanon? (Legally) I'm dying over here.

Welcome, newfags.

>Wearing watch
>Not wearing pic related

It's like you like being lost trying to find your way around the restaurant, fag

>tipping is stupid
t. Nigger larping as White Southerner

Should have bought a cheaper one so you had money left for extra links, retard.

So is a watch the problem in general? Or the brand of watch is the problem?
What is the company's reasoning?

A guy at work shows up with a Rolex he got for around $5000. Another worker asked to see it because he worked at a pawn shop in Las Vegas. He took one look at it for just a second and handed it back "it's fake"

kek

Why do you need a six thousand dollar watch to show off your status as a fucking waiter? Buying expensive shit to show off is what niggers do, quit giving kikes money for shit that you could get for a way cheaper price.

Jesus. If it weren't embedded in your arm, Id be worried about it blowing off at any second and severely injuring someone.

Do you even know what a doji is kid?

Do you really think I don't know basic analysis?

What restaurant do you work at? So I can rob your ass when you clock out

jewelry is for women

come up and get me

watches poison and contaminate food now? stupid polish cunt/

i got pic related submariner watch for a graduation present, but i leave it at home and wear a cheap gold walmart watch when i go out to work.

Lol it’s your only prized possession. Leave it home you poor person.

>Wanting drugs and pussy juice amd cum and shit on your food.

my cell phone costed 80 bucks. it even came with a clock!

You probably meme on bios. Remember this, your up until it comes crashing down. I had a buddeh get killed on adpt because of literal fraud. Recently my other buddy lost a few hundred k on xiv. You'll get yours one day

Fuck off you materialist piece of shit

I wear brioni bespoke shirt and dress pants, gucci horse bit loafers, a 18k gold rolex cellini. I live in a condo in the rich part of the city and drive a G wagon. I have porcelain veneers, an iphone X, a macbook pro, perfect hair and perfect skin. I get manicures and facials weekly. I eat like a god. I take TRT and am adonis in flesh.

> Lol it’s your only prized possession

So yeah no