Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L2I1mQVrCEM
youtube.com/watch?v=1twBr6SfhDQ
youtube.com/watch?v=tBfZ-DcvisQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Giant Robots

And cute spaceship girls.

Scottish music.

it's been so long since i watched it i really don't even much remember it anymore
but i'm pretty sure dude we're on a spaceship

Close but not quite. It is a planet. It's just been sealed by aliens

a slice of a planet, really. suspended in space

Close the thread, and finish it before you read anything about it. There are major spoilers that you should avoid, that you Will end up reading if you browse Scrapped Princess threads.

However, it's a good anime and probably more overlooked than it deserves to be, it's worth watching.

I watched it a few years ago and only remember not being impressed by it. Can't even remember why.

DO YOU HEAR ME TOKYOPOP!
I'M STILL WAITING FOR THE NEXT NOVEL!

Must be sleeping...

youtube.com/watch?v=L2I1mQVrCEM

Have you watched Chaika?
Same author, almost same concept, with less fanservice

Gun names.

It had the most boring JAM Project opening I ever heard. It's still good, JAM Project and all, but damn was I disappointed.

Series itself is fun though.

>novel full of cute girls

>English cover is some edgy abstract bullshit

Do these people WANT to go out of business?

It goes to shit around 2/3 of the way through.

that was over 10 years ago, when the publishers were afraid to copy the japanese covers (or perhaps they didn't buy the rights for the color covers, or wanted to sell it in a more general audience - see Haruhi for example).

>Do these people WANT to go out of business?
Well they did

I have waited for 14 or so years and I will continue waiting. I'm even checking terrible level fan translators who are whoring themselves out on Patreon on a regular bases, but this series in too old and not a web-released Isekai so no one wants to do it.

Raquel-nee was perfect. I never warmed up to Pacifica because she never recognized this fact.

Case study for Great characters > plot

I remembering really loving the ending.

I haven't rewatched it in like 5 years though.

A shitty encode. Get a proper raw and mux the subs yourself if you don't hate yourself and aren't called rukia

This. Chaika but better for the most part

The best boy dies.
Fuck this show.

The original covers are garbage though.

EIROTEEEEEEEEEE

Senes-sama?

Amnesia arc was the worst

Agent Smith big bad

Amnesia arcs tend to be the worst in every series. It's very rarely done well. And while SutePri did it better than most it's still far off from good.

Disappointment.

Prototype Chaika.

>Downloading this right now, what am I in for
bad chaika

Yes, Raquel was perfect, even was voiced by Ohara Sayaka, the epitome of "ara ara" and onee-chans.

Spiritual Ancestor to Chaika.

It's like the author decided to take all the elements of Srapped and remixed them to make Chaika. Both are good and very different though.

>Ohara Sayaka, the epitome of "ara ara" and onee-chans.
For some reason I tend to think of her roles more as hilariously crazy than ara-ara.

youtube.com/watch?v=1twBr6SfhDQ

Gospel country music.

Chaika 0.1

>Gospel country music.
The ED is actually quite nice. Masumi Ito has a great voice for singing those kind of songs.

One complaint I have with the anime is how it tries to act like characters such as Leo, Winnia and Midget are more important than Senes and her crew when must of the former did fuck all and all of the later saved the entire fucking planet from god weapons

Senes and Eirote are useless on their own, but together they're MVP of the show.

The one complaint I jave is the aborted Sim/Cz arc. It always bugged me how that went nowhere until a decade later some user who had read the books explained how it was supposed to play out.

I literally can't remember but the ED was fucking amazing.

>Downloading this right now, what am I in for
Arthur C Clark's third law taken literally.

Sci-fi disguised as fantasy.

So does the "magic" still exist once the land was rejoined?

Some things I remember from the show:

Zefiris is best girl.
Oneechan is best oneechan
REACTION FACE: THE ANIME
I think there was a rei clone in there somewhere, too.

I hate shit like that.

i really like this anime.

>same author as Chaika
Interesting, I hadn't realized that. Has he written anything else that became an anime?

Outbreak Company and some other one that I couldn't watch.

Crazy ara ara

>chaika
Watching this now. In Ep 3 or something is it just going to be 'find my dad's remains' for the whole show or is there going to be something more interesting? Even Naruto has a more compelling plot

Just keep watching. It's a good show.

Was Outbreak company good?

I heard it was alright.

I only remember the "Pacifica no Kodoku" theme that pops out of my playlist sometimes.

You get this face towards the end.

It had the same nasal singer as Haibane.

I remember watching something else and thinking about how a lot of early 2000's anime music had that sound to it. Honestly Scrapped Princess in general is kind of a 2003 anime time capsule.

I honestly did not know it was a JAM Project song until just now, but that's probably just what happens when Endoh isn't singing.

>spoiler
That's something I like about it, though

I do too, weirdly enough it also makes me think of early 2000's SRPG fansites, oddly specific as that is.

Yea, it was good; go in expecting something light-hearted and tongue in cheek while being somewhat clever.

Incomplete adaptation with a rushed ass ending.

I thought it was just an Okui Masami solo thing. Granted she is a vocalist in JAM, she does her own thing too.

youtube.com/watch?v=tBfZ-DcvisQ

How was it supposed to play out? That has bothered me for too long.