What do people think of Black Clover?

What do people think of Black Clover?

It seems like every single character has some super forced 'oh so tragic' backstory to them.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/kiirobon/status/905134234209316864
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Looks like Naruto 2: Electric Boogaloo

Shonen Cliche the manga

>super forced 'oh so tragic' backstory to them
That's almost every anime ever directed at a teenage audience. Authors want people to sympathize with their characters and there's nothing more easier than giving them a sad background story.

It kinda does what Naruto did but lampshades and subverts shit. Like Asta trying not to be possessed was kinda funny and interesting, as opposed to being a generic "STAY AWAY I'M BEING TAKEN BY DARKNESS" kinda thing.

You're underselling how derivative it is:

The current arc in the manga is the rank wars from World Trigger. The most recent fight that just ended ended just like a fight in World Trigger did, with a character who uses trap attacks being able to set up a relatively easy to spot trap that fucked up a powerful enemy's arm because he'd previously used non-super-powered trap to get around trap detection super-powers and thus cause their opponent to stop relying on super-power trap-detection powers, and then after a member of the team pretended to be useless at the start of the match it turned out that they were just pretending so they would be ignored only to be really setting up a slow charging power that neutralised a powerful enemy asset.

at some point in the near future a loli character will have the same tragic backstory as Eri from My Hero Academia.

At some point in the near future a character will turn out to have the exact same backstory big mom from one piece.

At some point in the near future a character will be introduced who is basically Suneater from My Hero Academia.

Maybe a animal-human hybrid who is a skilled doctor will appear.

Believe it!

But KusoAca is Naruto 2.

>What do people think of Black Clover?
Most people on Sup Forums don't think anything of it. There has yet to be a successful Black Clover thread, and it's never talked about in the weekly ToC thread.

The only thing it has going for it is the art/coloring/designs has an old JRPG feel to it. His female designs are great.

Maybe because the protagonist isn't a massive pussy and the rival isn't the most cancerous thing ever created in the anime medium, unlike a certain popular shounen that is currently airing?

Can someone explain me the retarded rivalry between Cloverfags and Herofags?

spbp

No such thing. Just trolls trying to start shit.

I'm not a cloverfag, I just hate capeshit because despite it being incredibly mediocre (it's too bland to even be fun in a 'it's so bad it's good' way unlike the endings of Naruto and Bleach) people tend to put it on a podium like it's some kind of master piece.

Cloverfags want their series to be the one pushed by Jump, Herofags have a presecution complex. Fairly standard shonen fandom war, really.

Stop trying to make black clover happen, its not going to happen.

>rivalry
Is it really a rivalry when its just one side being the aggressor while the other couldn't give less of a shit?

>Cloverfags want their series to be the one pushed by Jump,
....the series has been pushed by Jump for 3 years now to the point where we can't even tak the TOC seriously because we know its editorial pushing that makes it stay a float. To add insult to injury two series that started after it (Neverland and Kimetsu) has already overtaken it in sales without nearly as much pushing.

Neither is anything special but cape retards seem to think that their show is. They got lucky when Bones got the adaptation but even Bones can't save shitty source material when they're not allowed to make changes.

No need to samefag user

>rivalry
Its literally just Cloverfags wanting to be relevant. There hasn't been a rivalry so one-sided since Bleachtards started attacking One Piecefags.

not everyone who hates heroaca is a samefag.

>You guys sexualized 15 year old girls

He has read his own manga right?

>People still do this when you can easily turn the function on or off in the settings bar

At this point if you have to post a screenshot it only confirms samefaggotry

Nope. Shueisha said it themselves that they want Black Clover to be the next Naruto.

twitter.com/kiirobon/status/905134234209316864

Both are bland Naruto clones with delusional fanbases.

I like everything in the manga except the MC.

This

it was pretty bad

I like reading it for it's simplicity, it's pretty much cheap popcorn manga. It's not very good, but it's not criminally bad either. Black Clover just suffers from being subpar in general, the only thing it really has to offer is it's character design style.

Honest opinion. The art is good, but the characters, the plot (lack of), and dialogue are just laughably bad. I don't have a problem with tragic backstories, but none of the one's in BC make the characters remotely interesting in the end or see the character in a new light because they're all stock backstories. I'm up to the current chapter and I couldn't tell you what the overarching story is other than Asta wants to be Magic King, Golden Dawn leader dude is most definitely evil, and there's some magic stones or some shit. None of the arcs have any real flow to them. Underwater Temple to the Witch's Forest was the only one that felt like it had any real flow to it. And don't even get me started on the bullshit Tabata pulled in the Forest arc. Dialogue is wholly uninspiring. None of this is getting into how almost everyone sucks and lusts for Asta's dick to a massive degree and how Yuno is supposed to be Asta's rival but barely exists. Tabata's writing is the greatest thing holding Black Clover back right now and it's not changing.

Tabata seems like a chill dude, his style is nice, he draws some of the most mouth watering women i have seen and at the end of the day he has a hot wife to bang when he gets home from work.

His series is awful though, just fucking awful.

I hope he just does a cheap generic romcom when BC is done so he can just focus on drawing females more.

>It seems like every single character has some super forced 'oh so tragic' backstory to them.

That's most media aimed at teenagers. Hell, even the most popular ones like One Piece and Final Fantasy 7 still have tragic pasts for all of the main characters.