Why is this series considered good again?

*kaiji loses a bet*
Kaiji: Now i'm angry.
Narrator: Now, he's angry.
Kaiji: Really angry.
Narrator: Really angry.

Other urls found in this thread:

gamedesign.jp/flash/mahjong/mahjong_e.html
mahjong-ny.com/files/YakuSheet.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=OeLxUVACQF0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fun things are fun

Because it's hype and manly

Something 99% of new anime is not

>being a brainlet

Kakegurui was a mistake.

>Kaiji: Now i'm angry.
>Narrator: Now, he's angry.
>Kaiji: Really angry.
>Narrator: Really angry.
that's why

Would you rather have Kaiji buying a lottery ticket, 5 seconds later he finds out the result?

>new gamble
>10 minutes of over analysis
>EMOTIONS
>does the bet
>EMOTIONS
>to be continued

gj fkmt fags

It sure isn't perfect (pacing kinda weird in places, a bit slow overall) but it got me to binge watch it for some reasons.
The games are inventive and interesting, so are the tricks they use to cheat and win. Also there's shit at stake, I really wanted the mc to survive. The show understands how to do gambling right.

KUYASHIII

I think user's angry.

Forget Kaiji, what's with this bullshit about Akagi ending with him playing something other than mahjong?

UH OH

Oh yeah, whats up with that?
>tfw no chapter next week so we have to wait 2 weeks for an explanation

>you will never see hell arc animated

The art-style is so ugly.

>overanalysis

Please leave and never return.

Can't wait for the sequel to Akagi where Washizu's men find him and then they spend 40 years playing mahjong.

Literally the point of gambling.

Overanalysis to make you think you can trick chance, emoions of optimism, hope and fear, the point of no return from placing a bet, the emotions that come from being in the hands of fate and to think you could lose it all or have an undeserved victory.

>Tfw too much of a brainlet and too lazy to learn mahjong.

It's Mitsuyama's house, the asian trio lived together, Mario and Chang are there to pick up their passports so they can flee the country and were hoping they didn't run into Mitsuyama.

Literally japanese poker.

I'm at the second gambling event. Why didn't he go to the police before these gambling events? He should get witness protection, shouldn't he?

Ah, so thats how they will betray kaiji, I understand now
FKMT you genius

The fuck does poker have to do with mahjong?

>planets align, demons get summoned and get a fucking dora 12
>can easily win by outranking Akagi
>but no, I must win by tsumo
Was it autism?

Those are the only gamble games I know of please do not bully

Cause if Kaiji was a reasonable person, the series would've ended before it started as he'd never cosign the debt

Betting and representing different hands are an integral part of poker. Mahjong has similar stuff going on with how aggressive you play your hands, riichi declarations, etc.

I'd say mahjong is closer to gin rummy, with all the sets-of-threes and whatnot. More complicated due to yaku, but the principle is simillar

OK. Sounds reasonable. And that he continues gambling with murderous gamblers could be explained away with him having gotten addicted.

I've seen shounen action shows that exposit less than Kaiji. It's one of the most frustrating shows I've ever watched because I can see something good underneath all this crap. It builds momentum and constantly stops to over explain every little action. The manga has to be better than this.

How can you consider this intellectual when the audience is barely given any room to think? The show goes to extreme lengths spelling out everyone's thoughts and feelings on every little action.

I HATE IT

Please stop this.

>Survives Restricted RPS
>Survives Human Derby
>Survives King and Slave
>still tries the tissue box

Just a callback to what happened right before the Washizu mahjong and possibly to the end of Ten

gamedesign.jp/flash/mahjong/mahjong_e.html
Draw and discard one tile when it's your turn. You win by completing 4 sets of three (similar or sequential), 1 pair of similar tile.
You also need a yaku to win. These are the patterns you can make to get a yaku mahjong-ny.com/files/YakuSheet.jpg
The easiest yaku are winning by drawing the last tile you need (concealed tsumo, or menzen tsumo), winning after declaring riichi (it locks your hand one tile away from victory so you can't make any change to it anymore).
Other easy yaku are Yakupai, Pinfu, Tanyao, Chi Toi Tsu, and so on.

That's all there is to it, brainlet.

because he needs the money, and the money is dirty

What's the matter, OP?
Do you dislike this series?
Do you hate it?

Washizu ended up being really courageous

pon

>the audience is barely given any room to think

Why do you think all these stops you're given are for? Kaiji pretty much follows mystery genre principles. It always gives you all the clues upfront and the moment someone goes "AH!", it's a sign that the audience has enough info to figure out the cheat themselves. That's why it's important that the thought and emotions of PoV are thoroughly explored, so that the twist (and PoV figuring it out) doesn't seem like a BBC Sherlock tier asspull

>you will never see Washizu scaring the shit out of demons

How many chapters end with this panel?

Like 20 or 30?

Wrong reply, sorry.
>50 years from now
>Fukumoto is just a head kept alive in a jar
>he's still writing Washizu Mahjong 2
>directs assistants to draw his ideas

But then, it was so delicious when he finally accepted himself as an inferior player.

>gambling addict pushes his luck

thonks kaiji

Kakegurui is Kaiji done right.
Kaiji is fucking slower than One Pace.

youtube.com/watch?v=OeLxUVACQF0

>Shin Neo New Kurosawa
>Kurosawa has died 4 times now only to wake up from a coma every time there's a sequel

kuudere of the best kind

Cyborg Kurosawa when?

>26 volumes adapted into 52 episodes
>half a volume per episode
>slower than One Piece

wait a minute if he's going to save the planet from terrorists or something what is here left for this part 4? global warming? no more oil for plastics crisis? First female president of the US of A?