Why does 1080p always have less seeders than 720p? 1080p is the better quality, do people not want the best?

Why does 1080p always have less seeders than 720p? 1080p is the better quality, do people not want the best?

Other urls found in this thread:

diff.pics/cDO5TpCLaO66/1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>1080p is the better quality
lol

>upscaled
trash desu

1080p isn't necessarily better quality

Crunchy Roll 1080p only has twice the bit rate despite having 4x the pixels, so its actually worse quality overall. If you are getting 1080p, just wait for BD releases.

I usually watch anime in my shitty laptop and it can't handle 1080p. Also 720p takes up less space/is faster to download so I guess most people just think it's "good enough".

How much worse is the quality, everything I have is 1080 under the assumption that it was better? Though all my computers have no less than a 1440p screen.

>4x the pixels
user pls

You dense motherfucker

Most people that download anime are mexicans with shitty internet conections

>I usually watch anime in my shitty laptop and it can't handle 1080p. Also 720p takes up less space/is faster to download so I guess most people just think it's "good enough".

Exactly, 720p is good enough, and 1080p is not worth the extra file size, download time or computer resources

>being stuck in 2012
The majority of series these days are mastered above 720p, and the differences are evident even in CR rips. Don't believe me? Download an episode of Mahoujin Guruguru in 720p and 1080p and compare. If you can't tell the difference, your eyes are fucked.

This statement is completely false. Don't talk about shit you know nothing about. First as points out, it is not x4 the pixels. Second, the belief that because it has X times more pixels it must have X times more bitrate to maintain the quality is fucking retarded.
To take the simplest case, imagine that it was in fact x4 the pixels, and each pixel was simply doubled in size in each dimension. The bitrate would be unchanged. This is because this is not a bitmap where each bit is saved separately. Things like "double every pixel" don't add any new information.

Higher bitrate doesn't always mean better quality as this depends a lot on encoding and shit, but your statement is just retarded. CR 1080p looks a lot better than 720p for most airing shows, and you only need your eyes to confirm that.

But guruguru looks like trash no matter the resolution.

What does any of that have to do with the fact that my laptop lags like a slow piece of shit playing 1080p video? Did you quote the wrong post by any chance?

I can't possibly trouble my 3rd world internet with seeding that shit.

>The majority of series these days are mastered above 720p
And way below 1080p lol

[HorribleSubs] Aho Girl - 12 [1080p].mkv

>anime is low quality by definition
>everyone gets 720p so it's better for leechers and seeders
>I'm nearsighted anyway.

HorribleSubs 720p vs HorribleSubs 1080p, both Lanczos scaled to 4k: diff.pics/cDO5TpCLaO66/1

There are actually people who can't tell the difference. Embarrassing.

[HorribleSubs] Aho Girl - 12 [720p].mkv on mpv using opengl-hq and ewa_lanczossharp

>anime is low quality by definition
I won't even bother asking you what you meant by this because deep down I know it to be true.

>not worth the extra file size
I'm always baffled by this argument. A 1080p CR rip for a standard length anime episode is about 550-600mb, as opposed to about 300mb for 720. Say you watch 20 series each season (which I doubt the majority of anons do), it adds up around 75 gig difference over a 13 episode season. Assuming you don't archive everything, where the fuck do you live and what kind of pre-millenial hardware do you own that you can't allot less than 100 gigs for seasonal shows, which you can delete afterwards?
And if you do archive everything indefinitely it's even dumber not to get the best quality.

>download time or computer resources
Download time should only be a factor if you have AUS level internet. Computer resources are a valid reason if you're running on a tablet or very old laptop, I guess.

Clearly it was meant to reply to Some are, some aren't. Either if it's mastered above 720p it'll look better competently upscaled to 1080p than downscaled to 720p. Also,
>lol
fuck right off.

The difference is there but whether it's worth the huge filesize is subjective.

>arguing over 8bit tv rips
lmfao

>Some are, some aren't. Either if it's mastered above 720p it'll look better competently upscaled to 1080p than downscaled to 720p. Also,
No, it won't.

>>lol
>fuck right off.
lol

nyaa 10-bit H264 crunchyroll underwater cartel

The differences are practically negligible. I would rather archive twice the shows than having the black lines slighty thinner. It's not like I am missing anything important.

Turns out more people have shitty internet and hardware than otherwise. Also why do you think so many people stream instead of download? It's a well known fact that no matter how much storage you have your HDD is always 90% full, so storage space is normally a scarce resource for most people.

>scaled to 4k
hahahahhaa

>Rinne in 4k

Both download fast. Problems weren't.

Anyone have that old copypasta about converting a video through a bunch of shit? Gets me every fucking time.

Search Nagisa dies at the end of Clannad in archive.

>I have a superb first-class internet connection, therefore everyone in the world should have it
Australia is not the only country that has to bear with shitty internet, you know? And the situation itself is not only limited to third world countries.

I would like to see you try downloading those 75 gigs of animu with this speed.

Don't read this, it contains an actual spoiler.

Oh fuck.

1. download a hardsubbed xvid re-encode of the show you want. Make sure it's a horriblesubs rip
2. Encode it as 1920x1080 x264, open in aegisub and add in some fabulous karaoke for all the insert songs
3. Encode it back to a 704x480 xvid
4. Encode to 1280x720 rmvb
5. Encode back to 704x480 xvid. Following this stage, you can now decode it with 3 different codecs for THREE TIMES the playback power!
6. Open in VLC
7. Take screenshots of each individual frame
8. Record the audio with your phone
9. Encode the audio from the phone to 7.1 flac to reduce the rotational velocidensity
10. Encode it again to q-1.0 vorbis
11. Encode it again to 192kbps aac
12. Make a slideshow of the screenshots with Windows Movie Maker
13. Add in your audio
14. Add in some linkin park to play alongside the audio, it's like you're watching an amv!
15. Use Windows Movie Makers built in encoder to encode it to youtube size
16. Upload to youtube, add in loads of annotations and emotions
17. Download the .flv from youtube
18. Open in VLC
19. nagisa dies at the end of clannad

They used to be, but as more and more stuff is mastered at higher resolutions, the differences become more obvious. Again, I challenge you to download Mahoujin Guruguru and tell me the difference is negligible. I specifically chose this show as an example because it's clearly mastered at a higher resolution and uses a lot of pixel art.
Seasonal rips aren't fit for archiving anyway if you ask me, and I still think that for proper BD archiving you want the best quality. Storage is dirt cheap, are you honestly telling me you can't afford to archive all the shows you want?

>Also why do you think so many people stream instead of download
Because they're shitters who simply don't care about the quality of the stuff they watch. It doesn't make for a proper argument, it just makes them shitters. Even amongst streamers, people will often just go to kissanime where it's downscaled and has like a 50kbps bitrate, even when they're watching older stuff they could stream on CR or even fucking youtube for free with much better quality. Is that also because they're worried about resources? No, it's because they're fucking shitters.

I live in a borderline third world country, actually. Many third world countries have decent internet. There are only a few where getting 10mbps or above may be impossible; namely Australia and some parts of the US, and maybe like the ME or something. If it's actually a problem for you, fine, disregard what I said. But it isn't for most people, they just choose the lesser quality because they're idiots.

Not him, but this is now a bully thread

>4mb/s
>slow
That's my higher than my maximum speed. I can't even load the webpage right now since someone is watching netflix.

I honestly don't know how you people even live like that. You need to revolt or something.

Wow, I though Strayan internet being crap was a meme.

Because subhumans can't afford disk space.
1080p cr rips look better than 720p ngu scaled crap.

>not responding

If is not a BD realease what's the point of downloading upscales?

1080p tv rips just don't pass the eye test. regardless of what anibin tells you.

South american shithole reporting in.
And according to my isp I could easily get 1gbps for double the price.

You won't even notice the difference in motion.

>I challenge you to download Mahoujin Guruguru and tell me the difference is negligible.
Give me some examples, because from my own tests the difference is really negligible and I download it in 1080p basically for placebo reasons.

Get a load of this pretentious autist

I enjoyed this but would have enjoyed it more if it included uploading to niconico and capturing your browser as you replay the video with overlay comments.
Isn't it cool to invent the internet and have the worst upload speed in the first world? Anyway you can easily torrent 50-100gb of anime a month with this speed whiner, I did it for a decade.
Not him but your hypothesis is only half-right. I stream shit from kissanime that I expect to never want to watch again. I go for a 1080p release with anything I might actually keep. Anyway, bandwidth is a lol argument, you'll save 75% bandwidth in the most extreme case but when the connection dies and you need to reload the player and redownload all the chunks you already had that savings is wasted.
That's fine if you're just watching, but if you grab stills to post they'd better not be fucking 720p upscaled to 1080p you degenerate. This is why people hate streamers. You can suffer if you want but keep your watermarked upscale folder to yourself.

using less disk space means you can watch more shows

1080p is a nice luxury, but it's far from necessary. you're still watching the same content, regardless of its resolution.

4tb drives are dirt cheap now.

>Torrenting in 2017
Old fags grampas still clinging to their old ways.

that's not relevant. individual shows taking less space means you can download more shows in total, no matter how much storage you have.
>but 4tb is so much, you'll never ever fill it
and before 4tb it was 2tb, and 1tb before that, 500gb, 100gb, etc..

My computer too weak to handle 1080p.

As if downloading left you with permanently decreased disk space. Just delete your tv shit when you're done with it, it's not like it's worth keeping for archival anyway.

>b-but muh vaguely better quality

has anyone treid this?

The same could have been said about 720p over 480p. Its not about necessity but that very many people will be complacent with low quality and not seek higher standards.

My main machine is an ultrabook. It has a 256gig ssd drive in it. I can't just magic up another hundred gigs.

Everybody have 1366x768 screens; and the fact 1080 Tv releases are upscaled by fansubs, Horriblesubs or CR. Genuine 1080 releases are BDrips and movies but i see Sup Forums dont get BDrips

It's a natural scale. Further increasing resolution provides less of a difference the more resolution you already have.

I can see the difference between 480 and 720, but I can't see the difference between 720 and 1080+ on laptop unless it's very high bit rate with very sharp and detailed images.

Anime TV rips are simply not good enough to warrant it.

I'm late, but thanks user.

Seasonal anime releases in 720p meaning that 1080p is just the same shit but bigger files

>This anime have 100 episodes and ignored by Sup Forums

>not burning blurays for off-drive archival to free up space
Buy a $100 netbook made in the last year.
>Everybody have 1366x768 screens
Buy a $100 netbook made in the last year.

How many people download 1080 and upload 1080 screenshots to Sup Forums?

Less that 720

The human eye only sees in 900p

I just want some 4k HDR anime that isn’t gundam

I love how the thread went from "720p is better" to "they're the same" to "even if it's better I have shit internet/problems with storage!!"

We're not in 2011 anymore user, Jesus. There are multiple anons with replies already saying how things are in the industry already, Christ. Either baiting me, which you did fine or just retarded fuck.

Poorfags will never try to improve themselves. This is why they're poor.

t. mexican weeb who illegally downloads chinese cartoons

I used to watch MicroSubs, which was 240p, but since they died I now watch 480p. For archival purposes of BD-quality material, I download 720p usually and reencode to 360p x265 via a script I wrote. It sometimes takes days to encode large series, but the end result is well worth it, with ~70MB/episode an average. I avoid anything with FLAC bloat - audio is the biggest meme there is.

4k OTA broadcasting in Japan when?

>streamfag
Get out.

Ok ese

If you tell me a way to get currently airing shows which doesn't involve streaming then I will gladly pay for it. I'm already wasting 600$ in figurines every month.

Control your weeb urges and wait for the BDs like the patrician you like to think you are

But I do buy the bds of the shows I like. They're cheap second handed on mandarake.

Paying for Japanese tv channels like a true moon runer.

Don't watch it before buying the BDs, are you some sort of poorfag?

Only a poorfag would buy something without trying it first. I bet you also paid msrp for your car.

Any retard who watches TV Rips at anything above 720p can hardly tell the difference. BD Rips are a whole different story, and should always be downloaded at the highest possible quality.

I stream my car on Kissanime

>and should always be downloaded at the highest possible quality
Which might not be 1080p.

It takes up too much space. Not everybody has 1000 GBs of drive space to waste on fucking anime.

What if you have a 720p display?
What is the point?

Are you guys fucking serious? I used to watch anime in 720p because you guys where saying it's alright but when I watched a 1080p episode of the same anime once, I can't go back to 720p anymore since I can notice the difference now. I'm using a 1080p screen by the way.

Most of the retards here own sub 60" tvs. They just can't help it.

I wish I could've been born with a silver spoon stuck between my ass cheeks.

Sup Forums having terrible taste despite the pointless elitism is a known fact.

>owning a tv
>not retarded
Pick one. I bet you also give internet access to the TV.

>stretching 1080p over 60"
What an optimal viewing experience user. 60" is too big for 4k unless you're so far back that you might as well just use a closer 30".

What? Where the fuck do you watch your chinese shit then?
Your tiny 30"-40" monitor? No wonder you don't notice the difference then.

>literally no difference

I can tell the difference between 720 and 1080 on my goddamn 5 inch phone screen. You don't need that shit

So a smaller screen will give me a more "optimal viewing experience" wew.

I can see the difference on a 13" 3k laptop screen more clearly than a 60" 4k. Though I prefer to watch anime on a 27" 4k screen.