Do you know any dubfags? If so have you tried correcting their objectively incorrect opinion?

Do you know any dubfags? If so have you tried correcting their objectively incorrect opinion?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EtzlKJ1dObU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>"i watch anime with subs not dubs"
>"ew haha how do you have time to read lol"
>"in english"
>visible confusion

>because there's never a case where the dub is better
>because there's never a case where the sub is shit
youtube.com/watch?v=EtzlKJ1dObU

Dubs are objectively better in non jap settings.

I treat dubfags with the same derision as people who watch anime and refuse to read manga.

Nice dubs but how about my trips

>He doesn't listen to German dubs with English subtitles
Germans>>>All when in comes to voice acting tbqh

Imagine trying to convince latinamericans that latin dubs arent that good compared to the original, especially if is old anime.

Tho I still can get used to granny Goku

>tbqh
Fuck off.

dubs

>finding out my friend streams dubbed anime in 480p.

is it even possible to help such a lost soul?

>You can't tell the quality of the voice acting if you don't speak the language

I started with dubs then got used to the fact that Japanese is pitchy and spoken differently in anime than real life. Moe characters shrieking at a pitch that English VAs can't replicate used to be inaccessible to me. I wonder how I adapted except for continued exposure.

A bullet to the head seems like an effective medicine

Is this the elitism general

Some dubs are alright. The Black Butler dub for example made more sense to me.

Ronnie made like 3 good jokes and this one is trying too hard. How can you not look on the back and know this kind of shit?

This is the elitism board, friend

Yes, would you like your complimentary copy of the Japanese Cowboy Bebop Blu-Ray release?

There is literally nothing elitist about preferring subs

No, you fuck off.

Why does he do that?

Pretty sure you should fuck off, actually

Get out.

Wrong.

It's how most people start. Honestly most anime look like shit anyways if you want the proper subs you'll have to settle for a shitty encode

I think he has a point though, jap voices however talented their VAs will still sound off.

Only if you're a newfag

Die.

>It's wrong that people speak japanese outside of japan
>It's fine that they all have that same nails-on-chalkboard american accent that all english dub voice actresses have

Some Japanese voice actresses have that nails on a chalkboard thing going on too with how high their voices are.

I never said any of that.

>There is literally nothing elitist about preferring subs
Correct, but it is elitist to consider watching dubs wrong rather than just something that is different from your preference.

It's not the pitch of the voices, it's the accent . I assume it's local to whatever state/city funimation is based in, but I know fuck all about american accents so I can't place it.

I jump around. I'll start sub first and then try the dub out and form my own opinion.
Unless it's a universally panned dub such as When They Cry.
There are a couple shows I think Dub is better than sub. But in general, yeah. Original language is the way to go about these sorts things.
Pic related one of the more solid English dubs in existence.

Next you say you watch French films with English voiceover.

Funimation's based in Texas and they definitely don't do southern accents most of the time. Most dubs I've seen just sound like standard midwest accents to me. For some reason English dubs do seem louder to me than most Japanese versions of shows though. It's like everyone's screaming. I don't know what that's about.

>Correct, but it is elitist to consider watching dubs wrong
Because the localize dialogue is often shit. See Funimation for example.

It's General American, like most other stuff you hear on TV. It's kind of non-coastal north easternish with midwestern elements.

You said the first bit and so I said something that is effectively equivalent that you probably disagree with in the hopes that you reconsider.

>there is actually brainlets who are incapable of reading subs fast enough before each sentence is spoken

I've been meaning to find all the dub versions of LWA and due an edit where everyone is voiced by the closest language to their character nationality. I'm doing it because it always entertained me how everyone just understands each other in tekken.

Your green text is correct there is never a case where the dub is good

an inability to detect sarcasm, step in the short bus user.

>effectively equivalent
Apparently not if I had to correct you

You didn't correct me, you pretended that you didn't say it.

>who are incapable of reading subs fast enough before each sentence is spoken
Ever thought about how reading subs before the actual text is spoken just gives them less flow?

>not "No bitch you don't undnerstand!"

>watching a show in another country's language.

I've always wondered if nip voices would sound just as bad to me if I spoke the language.

While the guy you're replying to's "wow i can read super fast and you can't lmao" point is pretty dumb, flow in dubs is ruined by people having to match mouth flaps that weren't drawn for the lines they're speaking. Random pauses where no actual english person would pause does not equate to good flow.

>dubbed dvd
Is it like pokemon? 99% of dvds with dubs also have the original nipponese. Only heavily edited kiddyshit doesn't

There can be and are objectively bad VA's in Japanese.
The main thing I hate is when they sound nasally or barely audible for effect.

why don't you just download the mkv with the best subs, rip them and remux them on top of the best source you can find if you are the type of guy who saves everything on a big HDD?

4kids Wan Piss

Fuck, for some reason I thought he said "No Dog.."

I... just pretend... the dubbing... was all done by... Captain Kirk... with a... voice... synthesizer.

I liked Baccano!'s dub.

The irony from this post is truly amazing
Since you won't get this one either unless explained I will
You're calling someone out on something you are doing and the other person isn't.

>4kids Wan Piss
So heavily edited kiddyshit

Even shitty new seiyuu are better than ameriturds.

The problem I've most noticed with dubs is changing the lines and completely altering the context or meaning of the conversation.

It's because english VAs are actor rejects for the most part, why do you think that no one complains about disney VAs, etc?

Someone post a webm of Fukami from NanaMaru speaking in /wsg/ please

You literally can’t because you don’t

I ignore the sub and just listen the japanese dub.
Because 日本語わかるから。
And I do not want to watch the anime in another language.

Am I dubfag?

While I agree on that. I try to read subs not as soon as they show up and read them word for word as things are sponen on screen. I can read subs instantly, it's how I read VNs without voice-acting.

It's a lot of work to do that. Especially with chapters and things concerned and if you're going to do that for every episode in one go you'll end up spoiling bits of the story inevitably. I've done it but it's more work than it should be. Also that implies they aren't hardsubs which is what most older anime are. Choosing between hardsubs and r1 subs is an easy choice. And no one on earth is autistic enough to retype all the older show hardsubs and put them on a proper dvd encode. I wish a person like that existed.

maybe you can pay pajeets to do that for you

Funny because 1P's anime is already heavily toned down in the original dub.

I find Disney VAs to be just famous people, not necessarily good VAs.

So this is an accurate depiction of you from the picture OP?

If you're talking about the anime being edited compared to the manga that's actually not that uncommon. I do think One Piece's anime generally does it more though. Even recently I've heard that blood is pretty much gone from the anime when aired on Japanese TV but is put back in for the home releases.

Why would you bother waiting for subs if you speak japanese? Download the raws. Plus you can just turn the subs off, why would you leave them on screen?

Not really about blood. Toei is notoriously cheap so only children are capable of stomaching such an awful production

do raws have chapters?

I know a dubfag, I convinced him to switch to dubs after he realised dub voice actors don't give a shit and have no passion. For the longest time the argument for dubs was just "I don't want to read" but the performances in dub really are the worst, laziest shit ever.

>japanese dub
Isn't that kind of an oxymoron? Dubbing usually refers to when someone does a voice over the original lines, no?

Touche, but you could still just turn the subs off.

I fucking hate Kuwabara's English VA so fucking much. People always go off on a tangent about how much better Kuwabara's English VA is. The voice doesn't fit at all. Kuwabara isn't a tough guy thug, Kuwabara is a retard with a heart of gold pretending to be a tough guy thug. His English VA is just obnoxious sounding.

Excluding that the majority of dubs are in fact terrible, the problem with dubs is they're inherently anti-art. You wouldn't watch a foreign film dubbed unless you were a consumerist anti-art pleb, so why should anime be any different?

Dubbing just means putting voices to a visual. Nobody usually says that but it's not incorrect. For instance lots of movies in the 60s were filmed silent and then the voices were "dubbed" in later and that's still the correct terminology even though those were the original voices.

If you have ever actually gone up to someone and lectured them that it's wrong to listen to anime dubbed then you have legit autism

>People can honestly believe that subs are automatically better than dubs when Japan insists on using the same voice actor doing the same voice for a character as a grown man as was done for that character as a young boy, as in Dragonball

except I made the statement in context that I actually believe it to be false, that much is sarcasm. There are good dubs, but I won't spoonfeed you an example because you'll just spit it out like a child that "doesn't like pumpkins", but if it's mixed with your mashed taters you're none the wiser.

You're holding up a false temple of belief like too many faggots on this board do because they religiously follow VA's as if they were the characters themselves. The voice of a character is but one facet of a gem, and while it may be flawed you exclaim it ruins the character.

You take a shit and it's all ruined because one tile on the wall was misaligned.

There is literally nothing wrong with shitting on your lessers.
is that way

I believe subs are virtually always superior, but I still listen to a lot of dubs whenever I'm doing something and feel like listening to something that isn't music. I find that more comedic and less-serious anime tends to fair better with the low budget actors of dubs. You don't need as much talent when you never have to sell your lines

I think your argument holds better for some titles better than others.