Hows that backlog doin Sup Forums?

Hows that backlog doin Sup Forums?

shut the fuck up

Never had more than 5 shows.

I just started watching this seasons shows but after that I have nothing in my backlog

finally made it through 50 or so chapters of shitty GTO scanlations that turned my brain into mush but seems like im back to the decent ones again.

900GB and holy fuck I wonder how I'll clear everything in it I haven't watched.

Next season is a backlog season so I'm pretty happy I put it off for this long?

jesus christ how many shows is that? its got to be like 2000 episodes at least

It's a lot. Most of my backlog is in 720p.

started deleting shows I know I won't watch

Fucking terrible. I have a lot of things to watch and read, but I keep getting side tracked by really fluffy shows. I've been on episode eight of Lain for a week and a half.

I sometimes purge my log (dohoho) but then I even go back and redownload certain shows that I might give another chance.

Its pretty big so I've stopped adding things to it.

I wish there was something left worth putting in my backlog

>time wasted

oh lawd

Not good op.

I tell myself I'm going to watch a series, get a few episodes in, and never get further due to apathy/forgetfulness.

>tfw I haven't even made a dent in my backlog because I get caught up in shitty seasonal anime that I barely even enjoy watching
Why do I do this
the weekly shitposting with Sup Forums is fun but is that really worth it

Actually not doing too bad considering I took a long break. I watched Punch Line and Magical Girl Raising Project last week, both were solid shows. The only thing I can complain about it is the latters anticlimactic finish. Then I started Jigoku Sensei Nube and its crushing any expectations I may have had going in. Its great. Wish it got talked about more here.

Fuck the backlog, I wanna talk about Kagami

Actually pretty good. I'm getting in the habit of clearing out 8+ episodes on a free day regularly.

One episode of Lain per night for me. Too much non-movement fuckery happening.

>have a huge backlog
>decide it's the perfect time to re watch the entirety of LoGH
Why are you like this, me?

It's too long.

Talk about the backlog, I want to fuck Kagami.

literally me rn

How's it going? I am all the way to episode 89, one more day marathoning and I'll be done. The final stretch after you-know-who dies really slows down the pace and enjoyment of the show, if you're re watching it.

I watched a whole episode today!

Yeah, it's bad.

Shit is endless.

That's like one week to watch it, not that bad

I hope I've helped. You're missing quite a few essentials.

I picked up 20 shows this season, and I'm already falling behind as it is. I haven't actually touched my backlog in years. It's very bad.

>pic related
>keep adding stuff from recommendations charts

>shitty GTO scanlation
Uh, user you do know GTO got good scanlations finally last year, right?

My backlog is basically infinite now. I barely have an idea on what's airing and if I would like to watch it.

>I hope I've helped.
What the fuck? Those are horrible picks.
Here user, I've picked the best that should have priority

>Those are horrible picks.
I know, I have shit taste. It was based entirely around my personal predilections.

The user doesn't need recommendations that he could find literally anywhere in the internet. I am giving him some fun stuff instead.

If you haven't watched Chaika or Re:Zero you shouldn't even be allowed to post on Sup Forums.

just literally drop everything released in the last 6 years and that list will be much better.

>If you haven't watched Chaika or Re:Zero you shouldn't even be allowed to post on Sup Forums.
I haven't watched either of those and I've been posting on Sup Forums since 2009 though?

Mostly because I already watched all the good stuff from the past six years.

It's pointless if you've been posting but not watching what's airing. Sup Forums is very obviously geared towards currently-airing shows. A quick look at the catalog will reveal that.

Those were the two most popular shows from the time they aired. Almost everyone was watching them.

>It's pointless if you've been posting but not watching what's airing.
It's pointless to be on Sup Forums at all.
Yet, I'm still here and doubt I'll be compelled to leave anytime soon.
>Almost everyone was watching them.
Yeah but not me. Just because something is popular doesn't mean I have to watch it to be able to post here. Also it's not as if those were the only shows airing that season, holy shit.

Start with these. Some of the better ones that I saw scanning through it quickly

did the prequels get decent scans?

I'm down to just over 200 shows, manga and light novels are another beast though.

which one? pretty sure shonan junai gumi hasn't even been fully translated

How much shows do you watch every season? If you've really been posting since 2009 then you ought to be picking up no less than 12 every season. Any less and you've failed as an oldfag.

Or perhaps you're one of those troubled people that drop almost everything they pick up(as if they had anything better to do). Or, god forbid, one of those sinners that watch anime at 2x speed.

I've never understood this, I'd have friends reading or watching something new they claimed they loved and suddenly stop to go rewatch some fucking 50+ episode series. I don't get it at all.

The LoGH remake reveal shocked me so hard that I had to go back and re watch the entire thing, so perhaps I could forget that new LoGH will be a thing.

Also because it had been forever since. There's a bunch of things I didn't pick up the first time.

Fuck, I really wanna read Shonan Junai Gumi. I was referring to Bad Company too.

Never ending
Always expanding

>Kaleido Star - Start date: 08-29-16, Progress: 41/51
>Aikatsu - Start date: 12-25-12, Progress: 162/178
>Hunter x Hunter (2011) - Start date: 12-05-16, Progress: 77/148
SLOWLY BUT SURELY
That's just a smidgeon of my currently watching. There's a bunch of stuff I watched 1 episode of going in gung-ho thinking I'd marathon the thing too that I like enough and want to finish, sure, but motivational problems.
As for plan to watch, on one drive I've 60-odd of what were then currently airing shows I wanted to watch and on my true backlog drive there's 115 things right now. I'm so much more motivated procuring things than I am consuming them and I'll have to face the facts someday that I'll likely never watch many of the things I have, which may be for the best. I gotta spend time reading all the manga I've bought and things online, slowly building my Japanese ability over the years, too.

>tfw watched LoGH twice already and thinking of watching it again
It's not the only anime I want to rewatch either

It could be worse. Imagine someone wanting to get into One Piece from the start, right now.

>tfw you get through 20+ shows and don't know what to watch next

I started watching Detective Conan last year and finished in a few months

I have a week and a half off work, so I'm planning to finish at least a handful of series from the last couple of years that I skipped out on when aired, as well as a few older classics that I just never got around to watching.

I'm done, begun watching things my MAL Graph recommends with Psychic Detective Yakumo. Excellent overall although boy howdy the pacing got slow as hell after the first episode.

I've watched more anime in the last month than I have in the last six years so it's going relatively well

Skip Casshern Sins, Chobits, Excel Saga, Katanagatari, Daishogun, Daimidaler, Magic Knight Rayearth, Mai Hme, Nodame Cantabile, Outlaw Star, Patlabor, Penguindrum, Utena, Samurai Champloo, Wings of Honneamise, Watamote, and Ugly Beautiful World.

Do watch Cross Ange, Escaflowne, Freezing, Gate, Guardian Sacred Spirit, Gunbuster 1 and 2, Heavy Object, Kokoro Connect, Monster Princess (if it is Princess Resurrection, if not I don't know it), Zeta Gundam, RahXephon, Lagrange, Samurai Flamenco, Gargantia, and Big O.

>skip excel saga
no

Yes, it was unfunny trash

>Clear one show and read some manga
>Download 3 other shows and buy several new volumes
Every time.

Come back when you're over at least 5tb.

>Skip Casshern Sins
>Do watch Heavy Object

Last time I saw this level of retardation was when SAO was first airing.

It's g-good, t-thanks for asking OP

Typical Anime Suki /y/ning over the truth

>skip nodame
Stopped reading here, shit taste confirmed

Nodame was boring as shit dude, it's impressive how bad the first series was.

How much Josei have you seen?

Just the entirety of NC and Princess Jellyfish.

>That feel when I finish maybe a dozen series a year at this point
>Barely even come to Sup Forums anymore

>tfw watch 30 series per season after they finish airing
>only really come to Sup Forums as seasons end and I have actually watched some of them
Watched 10 series this season so far so I'm on Sup Forums for like a week before the new season starts and nobody talks about the past season anymore

Skip Samurai Champloo? You're nuts, user.

Two shows left onnit

I have it on my backlog, but I heard the ending is a nothing happens status quo ending. I want to watch it and enjoy it, but why would they give it a shitty non-ending in terms of romantic development.

>not getting the joke

Don't remind me. Facility two's first wing is under construction. Shit's expensive.

It's growing way faster than I can to finish stuff. It doesn't help that I keep getting sucked into games and VNs instead of watching anime.

It gets bigger every season.

Why is she pouring more coffee into her cup than it can handle?

I dont know how you people start shows with 100+ episodes I get a little scared at shows that have 2 24 episode seasons

I finally watched Angel Beats the other day, pacing was fucking awful, but i enjoyed it regardless.

I watched Tsuki ga Kirei today and really enjoyed it. Then I felt dumb because the BD releases in a few days.

Super cute anime though

I don't remember much about it and should probably rewatch but I'm pretty sure it had somewhat proper ending to it. I enjoyed the characters and story in general so the ending wasn't even that important to me

Really? I heard the characters and story are great and the ending was shit. Shit endings always leave a sour taste in my mouth.

just finished code geass, gonna start watching spice and wolf and fate/zero

also im downloading usagi drop, samurai champloo and yuru yuri to rewatch

would anyone recommend strike witches?

Post season discussions are complete shit, anyway. Sup Forums has always been at its best when discussing a particular series shortly after an episode has aired.

Well it's split into 3 seperate tv runs and a 2 episode OVA so maybe one of those had a bad ending when you heard it and it had more added later?

I don't remember how it ends but it's definetly worth a watch

The very last part of the story ends with the main couple, whose relationship has been a focus of the story the entire time, joking about marriage but not actually doing anything.

I've cut down on Sup Forums because I have a backlog of real world bullshit. Fuck the real world DON'T DO IT.

Because sometimes you just can't get anything right in life.

It takes a lot to come over that trepidation that I'll never get anywhere and continue slowing my pace and stall it for so long I wonder if I'd need to restart it, (by which point it can be difficult to retrieve from oblivion) and have that hanging over me for the rest of my life if I did like it, but that's the power of wanting to watch Aikatsu (in that case). For HxH, I don't know, I guess it was just enough of seeing people saying 'oh my god, that chimera ant arc, that yorknew city arc' over time, and becoming aware that it's like the best action shonen for people who aren't even into shonen, and I kinda just started it on a whim in the end. And it's been well worth it at times for both. But certainly the sight of high episode counts makes me worry when I know my average turnaround time for a 1-cour show is like 4-5 weeks. Those are the only two anime with a 100+ episode count I've watched though.

As someone who's watched a lot of stuff with full cute girl casts, Strike Witches has some of the worst writing I've ever seen (save for one or two episodes) so you better be really into the lore or individual characters if you don't want it to be a very aggravating watch. Brave Witches was even better than it somehow.

Strike Witches is the pinnacle of Japanese animation and it is unlikely to be bested in my lifetime, or the next.
The members of the 501st squadron are loveable and charming; the sort of characters that stick with you long after the show is finished airing. Each one with their own foibles and affectations that allows them to shine alone, but makes for some interesting chemistry when they interact.
The references to old military tech and WWII era stuff are fun to spot. The musical score is golden. The fanservice is just at the right level, and not as in your face as you'd think given the premise.

Basically, everything that's good about anime is Strike Witches and Strike Witches is everything that's good about anime.

>Skip Excel Saga and Wings of Honneamise
>Watch Freezing, Heavy Object, Gargantia
Yeah no.

Don't worry about your backlog

I have been busy with my western movie backlog.

>Skip Patlabor

>boring
You are boring

I have most of mine sitting on my seedbox and pull a few of to watch each month.

Just got that WD EasyStore with the 8TB Reds inside. That thing is perpetually on sale.

Holy shit that is cheap. I have a The US N5550 server with 12tb worth of WD reds in it.