So what's the best way to go about reading Kaiji? I've wanted to get into it for a while...

So what's the best way to go about reading Kaiji? I've wanted to get into it for a while, but I've been putting it off because of how long it is. Most places I check don't seem to have all of the chapters or there's a big gap in the chapters. I hear part of it is untranslated, but all that comes after those parts are (up to the recent release anyway). I don't want to watch the anime until I read it, but I might go ahead if it turns out that I can't read the whole thing.

The anime is very faithful and adds a lot to the manga. Plus you can't find part 1 entirely translated anywhere (it's actually mixed with part 3 on most websites).

Watch S1 and S2, read part 3 (Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji), 4 and 5. You can find it on FKMTkrazy or batoto. Then you have everything else by the author.

Thanks user. I had actually started reading, but the chapters made a huge skip from when he got on the ship to way later, which I assume was in part 3. I'll probably just go ahead and watch the first 2 seasons like you said and then pick it up again at part 3.

the ost of the anime is fucking amazing and adds a lot to it, enjoy it

Why not watch the anime? It has great music and top notch direction at parts, you just gotta learn to appreciate the narrator and it's all smooth sailing
Plus you dont get to be haunted by the screams of the dead if you just read the manga

It's really not the same without hearing Kaiji crying.

I recently decided to read part 3 on a whim and holy fuck the tension is even more palpable than anything in the anime even with the voice acting and music. Why did the live-action have to flop and destroy any hope for S3

I like how this picture has 3 iterations of Akagi

4. 5 including the fake.

both washizus too

And Fukumoto bartending.

Damn, nice catch. Glossed that over thinking it was Endou.

Anyone gonna watch the new live-action drama?

So is the movie like 10 hours long?

It's a series, not a movie. Each episode should be an hour long.

They still don't have Part 1 easily available online? Damn, I just might put out a MEGA file of the version I got a while back one of these days.

definitely do that

Would you kindly?

Or you could suffer with the weekly releases of the english translation

>washizu can shot flame kamehamehas
Is there anything this madman can't do?

Draw that I-PIN

Find Akagi for a rematch.

This arc was so bizarre, grotesque and out of focus.
Love it.

not be a cunt
seriously why would you want to cut ohgi's arm

Fukumoto is a cruel man

Because it was unfair? Ohgi was the one who proposed the duel in the first place. Washizu was betting all his money and Akagi his life. Losing an arm is nothing.

What Fukumoto character would you give a spin off too?

I want to see the backgrounds of some of the other Akagi villains. Or Ichijou underground.

But the game was insanely rigged against Akagi. He just made it so the battle would go faster either way.

You posted him. Also Harada doing yakuza stuff while thinking of Akagi.

one season=one game

Well in this case it'd be two games, since it covers Ryuuzaki/Yagi and Ichikawa.

>But the game was insanely rigged against Akagi

>600 millions vs some kid life
>unfair

>20 000 points vs 600 000 + 20 000 points
>fair
Come on.

>600 millions vs one life and one arm
>fair
This nigga

600 millions vs one life with 31:1 odds of success? Yeah, don't be a cunt and don't add the arm into the deal

>don't be a cunt
>don't be Washizu

>600 millions (6000 millions actual yens) vs one life with 31:1 odds of success?
Yes, 1/31 for that amount of money is fucking generous if you ask me.

It was fair, but I still feel sorry for him

While I'm saying 1/31 it's more like 1/100 or worse considering a single tsumo or not finishing first can kill you. And then there's the blood loss while playing problem.

Is it weird that I never felt sorry for Muroka or Ichijou or anyone else who was an asshole being used by Teiai?

Fucking Kaiji man. He truly got a character development during this arc. Asshole Kaiji is best Kaiji.

Muraoka deserved it all and even more. He was happy with killing Kaiji while Kaiji would gladly take his money but not kill anyone for this

On the flipside, what FKMT villains didn't deserve their comeuppance?

Ichijou was a cunt but he didn't deserve to spend his life underground.
The West in Ten deserved the balance to become 8/7 instead of 5/10.
And that's pretty much all I can think of.

But Kaiji usually feels sorry when he fucks someone, no matter how evil he is. Rub his victory in one's face doesn't suit him.
>I still feel sorry for him
Because Muraoka was actually a bit moron and greedy. He didn't stand a chance.

Anyone feels sad that Kaji, having such a good heart and all, is still bound to die a penniless death because of his gambling addiction? He will never ever be able to hold onto his money. It was pretty pathetic how he even gambled away those 400 yen he got to get himself a cab while he was broke after the pachinko arc.

maybe Kaiji ends once he destroys the Teiai or wins against Hyoudo and he gets a heart attack in response

If Kaji had infinite money he would be sad that he couldn't gamble it away and get himself into massive debt. It feels like he actually wants to get as low as he can just to find a way to crawl out again.

I think the only way for him to be somewhat happy is to become like Akagi.
>Kaiji the Ultimate Survivor
>dies

This. I read the Kaiji manga but for the parts adapted by the anime the OST makes the experience even better. If only the composer didn't have to go to jail

shouldn't have fucked that 11 year old

Wrong guy, he went to jail for a gram and a half of weed.

Some seemingly perpetually miserable people are like that (although not for the same reasons). Not the majority of depressed/miserable people of course, but the kind who enjoy brewing in self pity and romanticize hardship because it lets them feel something strong emotionally, even if its negative.

It was possessing weed and a neighbor ratting him out as having sold her weed for a number of years. It's a shame nippon is so strict with pot laws

I don't think Kaji actually enjoys getting fucked. He just likes fucking people that think they have power over him.

I don't know how I feel about that wording.

I honestly wouldn't mind cuddling with Kaji

>want to find yesterday's Kaiji thread to see if it went on for long after I went to sleep
>404

N-nani

And OP, the anime is very much a 1:1 adaptation of the first two parts and it adds in amazing music and voice acting. Don't feel bad about going straight for it

It's weirder not to feel that way.

I meant Hyoudo gets the heart-attack not Kaiji

don't give him money, he'll just gamble it away

Pretty sure that's a card. Like a New Year's card.

Definitely Ichijou underground.