A single panel from Bleach contained more emotion than the entire One Piece manga

A single panel from Bleach contained more emotion than the entire One Piece manga.

A single panel from One Piece contains more background than the entire Bleach manga.

Jacking Berserk yet again, I see

/thread

kek

Are you implying that Bleach is good?

Hahahaha

>bleach vs onepiece
did my dream finally come true? Did i finally warp back 10 years?

No, just another stealth shit-on-Kubo thread

>Caring about backgrounds

That's like caring about the special effects in a movie. Ultimate pleb.

>odadickriders actually believe this

Wait, is it 1997 again?

This is what happens when you prioritize backgrounds over character Design and motion

>Background
>Important
You understand why it's called the background, right?

Just finished Bleach. I'd only recommend the Soul Society arc, everything else was boring.

Still better than One Piss though.

1997 was 20 years ago not 10

Remember seeing that luffy goat image that parodied Aizen mindfucking Ichigo today. One of the panels was a shocked Luffy standing in front of a pure back background. I noticed then and there that One Piece's fast paced paneling with conjested drawing filled to the brim with detail doesn't lend itself to having impactful scenes like it used to back in the day. We will never have another awesome moment in the manga like when Enel skull fucked Robin because Oda completly abandoned concepts like having large panels.

Sometimes minimalism is best.

DELETE THIS

What are you talking about user.

Those two words contain more depth and meaning than the entire One Piece manga.

Find a panel from Bleach with more emotion than this one.

Name a singe deeper line in shonen manga.

Luffy's stupid crying face ruins the entire scene.

Literally any panel. What you posted is genuinely bad.

I laugh every time I see that.

At least Bleach had a single good arc, One Piece had none.

If a sad panel is so badly drawn it wants to make you laugh you know the author is phoning it in.

I never really understood the bleach backgroud meme. The assistants draw backgrounds right? So having no backgrounds is intentional since if Kubo wanted to he could have his assistants just draw them. I guess Kubo's just to lazy to order them around.

Oda babbies genuinely think this moment was sad.

How is it badly drawn? The blood actually looks like blood unlike OP's pic where the blood is just a bunch of lines.

Ace's face is a perfect mix between sadness and happiness, showing that he is finally glad that he was born.

Kubo actually stated in his latest interview that he didn't like his assistants doing too much because he didn't want their influence to show in his work.

I really like this one.

My older brother died and that hit me right in the feel. This face is on point, that's how you feel inside.

Why are we arguing about backgrounds when the real issue is Bleach's plot going to shit?

>Ace's face is a perfect mix between sadness and happiness
If that's what it's supposed to look like it's simply a poor attempt at drawing emotions. The guy just isn't good with a pen that's all.

Didn't the author admit he was autistic or something? Don't recall exactly but even him admitted One Piece is pretty much low common denominator.

You feel like Pac-Man?

No, that's just you. I'm not sure what you have but I would hazard autism.

Another panel with more emotion than Bleach.

He's looks like a burger crying over a spilled milk carton. Guess that is sad.

>Are you implying that Bleach is good?
Are you implying something needs to be good to be better than one piece?

It's either contrarian day or butthurt bleachfag day.

I guess Bleachfags are mad that One Piece's sales and relevance are stellar while Bleach's went down the drain.

I chuckled, but
>what is stylised representation of reality
I'm not a fan of Oda's style, since it's often a clusterfuck, but he can convey emotions really well when he commits.

lel whatever user, the feeling of grief is not easily understood. The absolute unfairness of the death of a sibling (since it mirrors one's own, generationnaly speaking) is truly devastating. I thought the face of luffy conveys precisely that.
The mouth taking over the rest of the face is definitely on point; at first there's only pain and no way to express it in an articulated manner.

Or maybe it's neither. Sometimes people just like to make bait threads.

Anyone who thinks Bleach is better than One Piece needs to learn what a plot hole is.

Yeah but you got blueballed out of Rukia X Ichigo...so what's your excuse Bleach fangays?

Name one plothole in Bleach.

Bleach.

Oda doesn't even draw the backgrounds.

Your first autistic give away is assuming no one else around here has experienced intense grief.

Statistically almost everyone in the world has prematurely lost parents, friends and the like at some point in their lives.

I've been wondering this for a while but is Tosh influenced by Kubo?
>dramatic face shots
>power poses
>muh backgrounds
>cover pages and spreads with alternate clothing/setting

I don't think anyone ever questioned Kubo's drawing ability. For a weekly release, Kubo draws character really well and he also is very good at conveying emotions and making cool looking designs.

The problem with Bleach is the writing. The art is great and no one can deny that.

pretty sure he does

>implying ichiruki was ever on the table

Maybe, but Bleach isn't the only manga that included the four things you listed.

Ok but which mangaka draws the best hands?

My vote goes to the Dungeon Cooking manga's author. Have you seen those hands? They look perfect

>cover pages and spreads with alternate clothing/setting
That's a thing in every wsj manga.
Also no backgrounds isn't even something Kubo started. Togashi was notorious for it as well.

What the fuck do you think his 5 assistants do?

>implying
I assumed the user disparaging the panel did not experience the death of an older brother, which is not statistically prevalent, to my limited knowledge.

But yes, user might have experienced such a shitty thing and still think Oda is a hack, point taken. I was just expressing my honest opinion toward that page, I don't really get what is so triggering about it.

Bleachfags BTFO

>Togashi was notorious for it as well.
I noticed this in YYH.

inking and getting him coffee?

>muh power of friendship

Not saying Bleach isn't any different, they're both solid 0/10.

Anyone over the age of 12 who reads or watches any shonen is a burden on humanity and wouldn't be missed.

And backgrounds

>all those ugly designs

Dammit Oda designs are so fucking great. All of them look so unique and stylish.

>people actually defending the travesty that is Bleach
did i miss something?

That page is Luffy remembering what is important. He was about to go full emo over Ace's death until Jinbe knocked some sense into him and made him think about the things he still had.

>Pedro
>Brook
>Sanji
>Nami
>ugly
I'm not in support of either side here but fuck off

>people actually defending the travesty that is shonen
FTFY

>shonen is bad I only watch adult animes for adults like myself

literal 14 years old logic

Shonen permavirgin trying to rationalize eating shit.

Anyone over 12 who reads "muh power of friendship" garbage like One Piece doesn't even deserve to live.

Don't forget
>posted on 4chand
kek

I also find the panelling to be reminiscent of Kubo's style and the way Tosh sets up his chibi style jokes reminded me a lot of early bleach/beginning of SS arc. Could just be me though. I know Hori has some signed drawings from Kubo but I only noticed influences in hindsight whereas when reading SnS I was conscious of some similarities.

I'm going to get this out of the way before the thread becomes even a bigger shitposting mess

Bleach Peak
>Aizen stabbing Momo revealing that he was the villain during the SS arc

OP Peak
>Robins "I want to live" scene

Naruto Peak
>Sasuke vs Naruto at the end of Part 1

>i enjoy MC-kun McOrangeHair, Big Tits Female Love Interest, Glasses prettyboy deuratagonist
some other shinigami are universally accepted as being pretty cool such as aizen, urahara, but to say that one piece designs are automatically ugly is blatant ignorance and/or naivety.

A man of taste.

It's been confirmed that the death of Somas mom plays a huge part in why Soma is the way he is. Just like Masaki's death.

>Naruto Peak
>>Sasuke vs Naruto at the end of Part 1
>mfw when I this is when I stopped reading

>Robins "I BUDDA LIB" scene
Only if you have the emotional maturity of a toddler

Literally anyone who isn't a delusional fanboy thinks One Piece characters looks like shit.

The shit designs are why One Piece is completely irrelevant outside Japan.

>but to say that one piece designs are automatically ugly is blatant ignorance and/or naivety.
You sound like such a fag. I didn't even mention Bleach in my post.

>OP Peak
>East Blue Saga

Fixed that for you. It's been downhill since.

You have a good head on your shoulders user

this.

>Bleach
Acceptable if you're 14-18

>One Piece
Acceptable if you're 10-14

Neither belong here because the rules forbid underage users.

Find a single Bleach design better than Trafalgar Law's.

Didn't say anything about Bleach, but any of the Gotei 13 except Hitsugaya looks better than that.

He said he almost never draws his own backgrounds in an interview. You're a fucking retard.
Also he does his own inking, which is why it looks so horrendous.

>Oneshot has Ichigo X Orihime end
It's not my fault people didn't read chapter 0.

The reason why one piece is irrelevant outside japan is because its localisation efforts were fucking horrible, but i suspect you're too young to even know what 4kids is. also the only real worldwide 'hit' amongst the other WSJ big 3 was naruto. bleach was comparably irrelevant as well.
buddy-o the keyword is 'automatically'. nothing is 'automatically' ugly. you swept over a panel with over 10 characters and immediately dismissed each one in your subjective view as ugly, without offering insight, opinion, argument, or any substantial evidence whatsoever. you're the one who sounds like a fag. also, despite not mentioning bleach its very clear to anyone with any semblance of a mind that you are indeed, the bleach shitposter/falseflagger

If you were gonna use good OP designs then why not Mihawk? Law's current design just looka likesome akatsuki knock off

my friend there's no reason to use any evidence against shitposters. they won't use any to argue against you.

This suave fucker.

Shonen cancer should not be tolerated under any circumstance.

Sup Forums throws a tantrum over Naruto threads, but lets One Piece (which is even more childish and cancerous) slide.

One Piece fags should be range banned on sight.

Because One Piece isn't full of edgy try hard shit like Naruto.

>you swept over a panel with over 10 characters and immediately dismissed each one in your subjective view as ugly, without offering insight, opinion, argument, or any substantial evidence whatsoever.
I personally find them ugly and too cartoonish. It's that simple. I'm not going to write a fucking thesis.