The Pharmaceutical Jew

I started taking Lexapro around 3 years ago. Initially I saw a reduction in anger and anxiety but my grades went down lower than ever before. Now I'm tapering off of Lexapro and I'm feeling better than I have in a while. Why do doctors continue to push this stuff at the slightest mention of anxiety? The only thing that actually works is Xanax.

Other urls found in this thread:

nybooks.com/articles/2011/07/14/illusions-of-psychiatry/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>anxiety
Because theres no cure for it. People have anxiety and get bad headaches. There's many type of anxiety's.

If you use a substance for an extended period of time it becomes the base, then feeling sober is like a high itself. You just need to not do drugs a lot, just a little.

its not a spectrum disorder its a normal emotion, people don't have the same spiritual connection the used to and are suffering from it. You need god.

But why give people long term SSRIs for a problem that can be solved with xanax 1 to 2 times per day as needed. some days I won't even take it.
lexapro doesn't have any kick, it's weak shit but I still feel better off it

lexapro is not a medication that is instant satisfaction, it takes weeks to be able to feel the effects of it once started. The whole point of it is long term use.

I just wonder what effect it has had on my brain, 3 years of increased serotonin levels...

>I'm sorry sir, our records show you've been taking SSRIs in the past.
>You're not allowed to buy guns.

xanax is no better, probably worse. These medications lead to brain damage. Anxiety should not be medicated. They used to be "mothers little helper", a buzz to take the edge off, the whole point is to feel high. It doesn't solve anxiety, everyone I have ever met on anxiety meds are constantly talking about how bad their anxiety is.

Lexapro ruined my fucking life Julian

Citalopram fucked up my ears and nose.

Fucking retard. Xanax is highly addictive and very hard to quit. Quit being a little bitch and learn to deal with your problems.

All that shit is horrible. Effexor nearly killed me.

I never understood this shit, I'll take 1 per day for a few days and then go a couple weeks without it. fucking weak people getting addicted to xanax.

>The only thing that actually works is Xanax

Fuck off. Benzo junkies need to get wiped out.

Different things work for different people.

They're possibly over-prescribed but they can help some people.

Pretty much this. Benzos have a bad rep because they were very widely used and histrionic soccer mom's bitched about how bad the withdrawals are.

Benzos are addictive and very dangerous to rapidly discontinue. That said the wds are nothing. Kicking an 8 mg/day, 6 year klonipin habit was a cake walk. Just tapered over a week, it sorta sucked but nothing crippling.

Compared to opiates benzos are nothing. Honestly nothing compares to opiate withdrawal.

It sucks though, the media hype and public opinion have made benzos taboo. Doctors would rather give you a SSRI script just because they're afraid to give benzos and don't care if what they give you actually works.

give it 5 months and you'll probably regret tapering off of it

god isnt going to cure your out of order fight or flight part of your brain.

Originally the doctor would only give me fucking 20 xanax tabs for 3 months, now I have someone who will write for 1 per day, 90 day supply.
I'm tapering my SSRI off now and stopping taking ADHD medicine.
Vyvanse was great until it wore off and I felt completely dead inside.

>When Minnesota and Vermont implemented “sunshine laws” that require drug companies to report all payments to doctors, psychiatrists were found to receive more money than physicians in any other specialty. The pharmaceutical industry also subsidizes meetings of the APA and other psychiatric conferences. About a fifth of APA funding now comes from drug companies.

Irreversible sexual dysfunction would be a little more regrettable.

This this this.
Works better than any antidepressant with far more control if youre disciplined and strong minded.

>the only thing that actually works is xanax
Brought to you by the same people who politicize school shootings

thats rare.

>Drug companies are particularly eager to win over faculty psychiatrists at prestigious academic medical centers. Called “key opinion leaders” (KOLs) by the industry, these are the people who through their writing and teaching influence how mental illness will be diagnosed and treated.

>They also publish much of the clinical research on drugs and, most importantly, largely determine the content of the DSM. In a sense, they are the best sales force the industry could have, and are worth every cent spent on them.

>Of the 170 contributors to the current version of the DSM (the DSM-IV-TR), almost all of whom would be described as KOLs, ninety-five had financial ties to drug companies, including all of the contributors to the sections on mood disorders and schizophrenia.

The cure for anxiety is action. A nation has anxiety when it is chomping at the bit. You can solve this by getting off the ass and doing all the things you talk about.

psychiatry is a scam. The entire point of psychiatry and psyche meds is to damage you and make you incapable.

Psychiatry began with a political moptivation, and it's been a political tool ever since. This is why they keep prescribing SSRI's to depressed people even though a side effect is suicide and even though almost every mass shooter since columbine has been on those drugs.

The reality is that if you're a little crazy and go to a shrink, the goal of that shrink is to kick you over the edge completely. That's what the drugs are for. If they can't kick you over the edge into flat-out lunacy then they'll just addict you to some drug- klonipin, xanax, valium etc.

If you feel miserable all the time, it's because you live in a world that makes sane people feel miserable. You need to address that world in a way that makes you feel satisfaction that you're fighting against it. First of all, get saved, then join a group that sees the ills of society and works to correct them.

sometimes you're so mental that pills will prevent you from going psycho, but that is a small minority. Stay away from shrinks, stay away from drugs, and find a group of people and have real relationships with them.

>In addition to the money spent on the psychiatric profession directly, drug companies heavily support many related patient advocacy groups and educational organizations. Whitaker writes that in the first quarter of 2009 alone,

>Eli Lilly gave $551,000 to NAMI [National Alliance on Mental Illness] and its local chapters, $465,000 to the National Mental Health Association, $130,000 to CHADD (an ADHD patient-advocacy group), and $69,250 to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.

>And that’s just one company in three months; one can imagine what the yearly total would be from all companies that make psychoactive drugs. These groups ostensibly exist to raise public awareness of psychiatric disorders, but they also have the effect of promoting the use of psychoactive drugs and influencing insurers to cover them.

>In short, a powerful quartet of voices came together during the 1980’s eager to inform the public that mental disorders were brain diseases. Pharmaceutical companies provided the financial muscle. The APA and psychiatrists at top medical schools conferred intellectual legitimacy upon the enterprise. The NIMH [National Institute of Mental Health] put the government’s stamp of approval on the story. NAMI provided a moral authority.

thats a load of bullshit.

do you know how many people are on SSRI's around the world? if that were the case the planet would be in chaos.

>The only thing that actually works is Xanax.
Which is just as bad for you if not worse, try methods that aren't developing pill dependencies

nybooks.com/articles/2011/07/14/illusions-of-psychiatry/

this kind of ape logic is part of the problem.
anxiety is a symptom not a cause, just "being tough" is even more imbecilic than taking benzos to gain temporary relief from the mind crushing symptom.

the fact that anxiety can be caused be many different things from one's life/past makes it difficult to untangle what is causing it, but it is what needs to happen in order to delve to the root cause. You can't fix a problem if you don't know what it is.

You have to accept the anxiety, and be objective and introspective enough to unravel the cause, then deal with that. Easier said than done, but it is either drugs forever, or putting on a retarded mask of "toughness" and just denying it while you rot inside and live a lie.

I miss martin he always tried to convince me that drugs were good.

Fucking jew.

>fucking weak people
its getting prescribed to people with mental illness

Xanax can be safely taken if you never increase over 0.5mg to 1mg per day.
Maybe they just have moderate anxiety, why should we put them on a long term SSRI when a short term med can control their symptoms

>if that were the case the planet would be in chaos

The planet is in chaos, you credulous retard.

A school shooting every week and they are all on SSRIs...

Do you not think the planet is in utter chaos right now?

Science has been dead for decades.

Doctors are just paid pushers with a mandate to pump out as many prescriptions as possible.

yeah a (((school shooting)))

Been on that shit for a year. Did wonders for my temper but it takes forever to cum. can you tell me why it ruined your life?

not nearly as much chaos if say 12 million plus people or so that are on SSRI's were to up and go bat shit crazy

These threads are fucked. Anons keep this shit between you and your physicians. Do what you can to make healthy choices but DO NOT take psychiatry from Sup Forums.

half of Sup Forums is on psych meds or have been on them

Physicians exist to keep you on the drugs, they aren't going to encourage you to stop taking an SSRI

Not really.

proof?

This shit made me have suicidal thoughts to the point I didn't care anymore. I hope anyone reading this turns this garbage down if they are asked to use it.

I got really lucky and was so apathetic from Lexapro that I lost the ability to ask my parents to refill the prescription. The only time laziness saved my life.