What's Sup Forums's thoughts on gnosticism...

What's Sup Forums's thoughts on gnosticism? I recently started reading about it and I'm not sure if it's reconnecting me with spirituality or just bringing back that feelings from my sleep deprivation induced psychosis.

Old Gnosticism was a Christian thing. Neognosticism is Satanic bs that calls itself Gnosticism. You might get literal gifts from demons though which is pretty cool, but the long term end is you turn into a feminist or faggot tranny unless you leave that shit early.

>Neognosticism
Is this just people larping as gnostics or it's own new thing?

Anyone who calls himself a Gnostic today is a neognostic.

I wouldn't call myself a gnostic. But their concept of "hidden knowledge" really rings out to me. Though if I try to think about it rationally, I think it's just because it's causing a kind of nostalgia for the feelings of "uncovering conspiracies" and "spirituality" (i.e religious delusions) you get while in a psychotic episode.

It tries to explain why the world is so shit by claiming it was created by an evil or at least imperfect god

>gnosticism
interesting to learn about. a lot of what emerged from hellenistic judaism is very interesting afterall. for the most part, it was a distancing from jewish culture and syncretism of the bible with the richness of greek phillosophy. christians don't like to talk about it, but this tradition, which centered in both antioch and alexandria formed the basis for what eventually now is christianity and the new testament.

as a result we're delivered a set of ideas that are more fundamentally true (or at least practical) than what came before. and this is why it spread! by the 1st century, with mediterranean trade trade now in full swing, people were quick to be exposed to and eventually take on such ideas.

in today's world, i think we've lost a lot of that. everything is too sterile and literalistic. indeed there seems to be a resurgence in older modes of christian thought, especially the orthodox branches. so i don't think you're simply crazy for recognizing something profound.

Fpbp

>tfw your holy book is someone else’s holy book and it’s wrong.

It is dumb as fuck, m8

That map is wrong, though. Several parts of the Pelloponese weren't christian up to the 17th century. There were tribal groups all throughout Iberia that weren't christian. Same for Anatolia. Val Cammonica in Italy, was still not converted in the middle ages, as were Southern Italian uplands. There were also pagan groups in Bulgaria even during the time of the 4th crusade.

Yes, sorry for the autism, but the map goes into detail over which small areas weren't christian, when that was in fact much bigger, while some christian places weren't shown...

>in today's world, i think we've lost a lot of that. everything is too sterile and literalistic
this 100% You pretty much have to get to tertiary education before you get too religious classes that have more depth or mean than history of geography classes is part of what's killing christianity.

Give unto Caeser what is Caesar's, give unto God what is God, give unto Me what is Mine.

yeah, i have no clue what their sources are, and you're right that extensive christian practice could not have looked like this map. but i also don't think the map is intended to show that. it's more along the lines of "this is where the ideas had spread." most notably, christians had their fair share of persecution throughout the roman empire, and there certainly was nothing close to christian majority in the highlighted time periods. so i would take it to mean that we saw enough evidence through writing and artifacts that the religion existed in some form in those places.

These weird shits aren't worth learning.

the concept of the demiurge and the state of gnosis are what interest me most about it

people who say reality is a simulation, its really just the modern interpretation of the demiurge

I have an inclination to believe there is something beyond this current existence

Is Yaldabaoth /ourguy/?

>in today's world, i think we've lost a lot of that. everything is too sterile and literalistic
mfw

>this 100% You pretty much have to get to tertiary education before you get too religious classes that have more depth or mean than history of geography classes is part of what's killing christianity.
That's what seperates us from the profane, my dude

It's strange that many of Robert Fludd's works have not been translated to english. The text that contains that image is only available in the original latin.

Red pill: Peterson is a gnostic larping as a traditionalist

>Red pill: Peterson is a gnostic larping as a traditionalist
I picked up on that straight away, dude gets it

that would actually make perfect sense

Gnosticism is the true redpill. No dogma ass kissing like mainstream Christianity, but all of the rise to power.

He's clearly at least familiar and oriented towards it, maybe not a true practitioner or believer, but influenced.

its funny because there was a split between the christians early on, some were gnostics, but then some claimed that gnosticism pulled christianity from its jewish roots

rly maeks u think

>Gershom Scholem once described Gnosticism as "the Greatest case of metaphysical anti-Semitism".