This was literally 2deep4me. What the hell happened in this movie?

This was literally 2deep4me. What the hell happened in this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

aminoapps.com/page/anime/4479407/angel-egg-explained
thiscrush.com/~rhythmade
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

a man disillusioned about his christian faith destroys whatever innocence he had left in him through cunning use of metaphoric language

The whole movie was an allegorical interpretation of the Second Punic War and Hannibal's defeat at the hands of Scipio.

I haven't watched the movie but are you implying that hannibal was the good guy?

>implying Hannibal wasn't the good guy

Nothing
There is no deeper meaning to anything, they just drew whatever looked cool.
Don't bother.

>implying Scipio was the bad guy
Cato did nothing wrong btw

>powerful empire who arrogantly declared war on a smaller nation and got rekt
>good guys

Legit one of the most beautiful and evocative anime I've seen. We'll never get its like again.

I know 4turds hates the woke meme but watching anime like this really makes you woke.

It's about religion and loss of faith. The egg represents the girl's faith, and the man with his machines of war and cross-shaped sword challenges her to see if there is anything inside the egg - to think about and discover whether her faith has any real merit.
When the camera zooms out super far at the very end, it's revealing that the island/area which the story takes place on is a capsized Noah's arc, and thusly the story the man told to the girl about Noah's arc was not just a myth, it is reality.
The giant mechanical orb with an eye is god.

Oshii himself has stated he does not know what the film is about.[6]

followed immediately by

Senses of Cinema opined that the film "seems informed by the existential desperation caused by the collapse of one's belief system";

if you are ever asked what you got out of the film just blabber on about metaphorical imagery and the atmosphere of the film

meaning or intention of message is obviously for philistines

>something something Christianity betrayed me
I liked it because of the stunning visuals. And it's still better than most Oshii movies because there are no goddamn talking heads.

It's not really the movie for passive viewing, I think there's an expectation that the viewer will pay attention and draw his or her own conclusions. So you can dig around from us, but better to rewatch it yourself. That's the reward of these kinds of movies.

>says it's 2deep4me
>literally 2deliberate4me
wow

Kill yourself.

The creator pretty much said that it was about being made to give up on false hopes, dreams, and beliefs and facing reality.

Here's the transcript of the interview:

aminoapps.com/page/anime/4479407/angel-egg-explained

Both were Mediterranean "empires" at the start of the Punic wars, they were pretty evenly balanced at the outset.

Yet the Wikipedia article, having proper cites, states that Oshii has no fucking clue what the movie was about. Who do I believe now? Some shitty transcript or the published book?

I got to the point where the guy is following the girl around. Then I watched something good like Game Grumps and Digibro reviews every pokemon

It never says anything about the sort that he's 100% clueless about his own works. He claims that he doesn't know what his movie is about as a whole, but to claim that he never once put any form of coherent thought into any of the scenes is just bullshit. There are some obvious and not very deep meanings behind some of the scenes. They're just not what the movie is about.

Besides, it's not uncommon for creators to feign ignorance when they want people to reflect on their works instead of mindlessly believing someone elses words without a hint of reflection on their part.

>but to claim that he never once put any form of coherent thought into any of the scenes is just bullshit
Yet you have nothing to back up your claim. No evidence whatsoever, youre just assuming. Artists very often are being influenced by stuff subconciously and arent actually thinking about what it is they create.

>Besides, it's not uncommon for creators to feign ignorance
See above. Literally fanfic tier at this point. I mean, you can assume whatever it is you wanna assume, but that doesnt make your argument any more substantial. Looks more like a desperate attempt to make Angels Egg look more intelligent than it most likely is. Or, wait, its probably not Angels Egg per se, but rather Oshiis works in general.

Hey, i need the help of Sup Forums, this girl have been bullyng me for a long, and I need somebody do the same to her.
Her instagram is @nievescassini and her thiscursh is this one thiscrush.com/~rhythmade

thx, you are the best of internet

Kill yourself.

read the bible dweebs

digibro is shit and should get on pcp podcasts more