Were the mysterious radiation detections caused by Russian nuke-powered missile?

I was reading a more in depth political analysis regarding the new Russian weapons announced by Putin and out of nowhere a theory came into my mind...

...remember some months ago those 2 mysterious traces of radiation and nuclear particles that were all over the news? One in the Russian-Europe area and the other in the Alaska area? I think that was it!

What do you guys think? Makes sense to you??

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=99O1TcVnTSY
dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/685279/Google-Earth-13000-mile-line-ground-video-disappear-globe-span
digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc619748/m2/1/high_res_d/101088.pdf
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supersonic_Low_Altitude_Missile
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Humble bump because i think this is interesting...

It's entirely possible. There was also that 13,000 mile long contrail that stretched from pole to pole on google earth last month.

A nuclear powered ramjet is perfectly attainable technology, you just have to be crazy enough to actually fly it.

Got any info on that contrail if it is not too much work?

decide yourself whether or not any of it is legit

youtube.com/watch?v=99O1TcVnTSY

dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/685279/Google-Earth-13000-mile-line-ground-video-disappear-globe-span

Wow! Very interesting. 2 things that seem to match.

First: Antarctica->North Pole direction is ideal for those who want to keep a low profile because Antarctica hardly has any surveillance.

Second: That line seems like it was above the Atlantic Ocean at some point and those who would want to test such a weapon would not want it to travel over any territory of any nation for obvious reasons.

FUCKING ANTARCTIC NAZIS! HOLY SHIT IT'S REAL!

That was my first thought when I heard about the nuke engine. Thing probably sprays radiation everywhere. The Russians consider that a "feature" i'm sure.

If this theory is correct it doesn't seem to spray nearly as much as the first nuke propulsion systems that were tested in the 50's. Besides, it's a nuclear retaliation weapon so it doesn't make that much difference.

My opinion...

This is a nice paper about what sort emissions might be found.

DOUNV-401 JUNE 1995 UC-702
RADIOLOGICAL EFFLUENTS RELEASED FROM NUCLEAR ROCKET AND RAMJET ENGINE TESTS AT THE NEVADA TEST SITE
1959 THROUGH 1969
FACT BOOK

digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc619748/m2/1/high_res_d/101088.pdf

If true, it's a treaty violation. You were doing the same shit, but stopped because an ever flying nuclear catastrophe (the engine alone would be when cracked open, never mind the warhead) falling on your head one day is insane. Thus you made n agreement no to build nuclear powered cruise missiles.

uranium leakage

Can't even build nukes right
Will the Russians ever recover?

>The Russians consider that a "feature" i'm sure.

The guy in the video seems to think it originates from Antarctica, but based on the trail I'd say it started in the Arctic and went south. Contrails disperse over time, so the scattered end of the trail in the North would seem to have been there the longest at the time the photo(s) were taken. Starting in the Arctic makes more sense for a Russian test as well.

It would still have to be moving extremely fast for the trail to be intact so well along the entire path. Russia's hypersonic missiles are said to get up to mach 20, which would make that 13,000 mile trip in less than an hour.

Both the US and China have been developing hypersonic scramjets for years though, so it's entirely possible that it could have been someone else instead of Russia. The Russian one is just unique because it claims to be nuclear powered rather than chemical, which is perfectly do-able, you just have to be a little crazy to actually try flying a nuclear reactor at hypersonic speeds.

Also scramjets typically require some other means to get them up to speed, that might help explain the more dispersed trail at the North end. For example the US scramjet tests have used orbital/sub-orbital rockets to boost the vehicle into space, then the scramjet kicks in as the vehicle re-enters the atmosphere. Project Pluto had plans for 3 chemical rocket boosters to give the vehicle it's initial acceleration.

A nuclear powered missile is about the silliest thing ever.

Radioactive exhaust is pretty much a feature of nuclear ramjets, yea. There isn't really any way for them to work without emitting radiation, but that radiation can be turned into a bonus weapon when your missile runs out of warheads to deploy.

Contrails are caused by water vapor, which is a combustion byproduct from the burnt fuel. A nuclear ramjet wouldn’t be burning fuel.

i muhmember.

i overlaid it with a youtube outage map, circa feb. '17

The heat and pressure change from the exhaust could still cause a cloud trail to form.

That said I'm still not totally convinced the trail is even real.

Yeah I suppose. Same way you get wingtip vortices or top of wing vapor when pulling g’s.

If that video is real it’s fucking insane. The supposed contrail is huge. Anything going fast enough to cover that distance in that time would make a huge sonic boom though.

>A nuclear powered missile is about the silliest thing ever.
But still real. So less silly than your faggot ass.

how do u power a missle by nuclear decay, honestly

You use the heat to warm the air and spew it out the back. Cold War was a crazy time. en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supersonic_Low_Altitude_Missile

You don't have to use nuclear material to test a rocket.
You might if you want to check a trigger. I didn't read up on the exact details, a nuclear icbm is likely to be a mirv re-entry (drops out of space and spreads 10 nukes as it goes) Russian ones typically carry about ten warheads. I can't see them testing something that big. A scaled down test... probably not.
If it's a very small missile like a cruise maybe.

Yea, the sonic boom is one of the reasons I'm still skeptical. It appears to have flown over some populated areas in South America, so you'd expect more people would have noticed.

its also the so-called "meteors" that were being seen in moscow and michigan.