What is Sup Forums‘a stance on drinking and driving? I have personally experienced both sides of the coin...

What is Sup Forums‘a stance on drinking and driving? I have personally experienced both sides of the coin. The overall question of the thread is, What are your country/state/province’s (fucking leafs) laws on DWI/DUI/القيادة وهو في حالة سكر (for my Swedebros)
Is القيادة وهو في حالة سكر a victimless crime until it becomes one?
Here come the stories.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c5wGcEPezcI
gov.mb.ca/justice/impaired.html
youtube.com/watch?v=L9UiRmQPKOI
realtruth.biz/driving/supremecourt.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I killed my best friend. In my state they sell beer and liquor at every gas station. To top it off, you only need to be 18 to sell it.
Naturally, I sold all of my friends alcohol so long as they showed me their ID for the cameras. One night he came in and bought a 30 pack of Keystone, a handle of JD and a pack of Newports.
He was telling me all about the party that night and how I needed to get ahold of him as soon as I got off.
I get off, go home and clean up. I called him, but I didn’t get an answer. Chalk it up to him being busy. Think he’ll see I called and call me back. Either that or he’s already drunk and will call me after he realizes I should be off of work.
I chill out and start rolling a joint. Right as I’m about to seal it, my phone rings. I think to myself, “There he is.”

Completely degenerate, but also what are you gonna do, not drink?

The only problem with drinking and driving is people who don't know how to drink and drive.

I grab my phone. It’s his parents. His dad is on the line crying frantically. He tells me my bro is dead. He was drinking and driving. He was passing a car and overcorrected when coming back into the other lane. The car flipped three times.
My bro died instantly. The two others in the car lived, but one is wheelchair bound and the other can’t see or speak properly.
I went insane with guilt. I tried killing myself twice. I realize that I’m too much of a pussy for suicide. I decide to join the army as infantry in hopes of dying overseas. I left 6 weeks later.

>get a DUI for drinking one pint of IPA
>get fired
>DUI on your record for ten years

this

Get DUI because of broken license plate light. Long story short is I got 4 in 5 months by the same cop every time. If I didn’t live in a small town, I wouldn’t have been targeted by officer babydick. I had to flee my state to avoid prison.

Normal people if they're not shitfaced drive better when they drunk/under influence on stuff that isn't psychadelic. Simply because you're shitting yourself over being caught and as a result focus on staying just slightly over the speed limit, scan the road for all signs, check your rearview mirror every 10 seconds, take note of every car you see, etc. Whatever loss of cognitive ability you get is far less than that of the normal state of distracted/bored driving when you're not worried about the consequences (especially with everyone on their goddamn phone now).

One of my older friends worked as a bartender/concert promoter and told me that he used to drive buzzed/lightly coked up multiple times a week for 20+ years. Never got arrested or had an accident because he was ultra careful and talking himself through what was on the road. Then he got arrested for DUI when he was stone cold sober for over a week, not paying attention to the speed limit/surrounding cars, and got pulled over by a cop he breezed by who thought he was on drugs because of how blatant the infraction was. Stopped driving under influence after that but it was getting pulled over sober that scared him into it.

But even if you're a total pro it's not worth it just because the consequences can significantly retard your life and eat up over a year of it that could go towards achieving something.

Did you face any criminal/civil penalties?

If you drive not sober you're a fucking idiot. There is no way you can dispute this. You're a fucking selfish cunt if you drive under the influence.

No. I left for the military and didn’t tell anyone except the cunt who would become to be my ex-wife.

why didn't you just stop drinking and driving you stupid subhuman. Kindly drink yourself into a pine box before you put someone else in one

I’m working on it.

How about you sit in a self-cucking car if you don't like it

Really, they didn't check where he got the alcohol from?

Have driven drunk numerous times. Raced drunk. Never crashed once.

Some people can handle it. Some cant.

Eh, I don't do it anymore. Used to do it a bit. Had a couple of nights where I didn't even remember leaving the bar or the drive home. Those nights were spooky.
I got nabbed for it once, funny part was that I was not even drunk at all. I was actually the DD. I was guilted into going out for a friend's birthday, that I didn't want to go to, because it was Fat Tuesday, and I knew I would not be safe having a drink. Finally I submitted to him by agreeing to be his DD. Bad part about being in a bar on Fat Tuesday, is that everyone is having a good time, and they're all very drunk. Well, while I was there waiting for my friend to be done, a few random people came up to me and gave me a few shots. Me, being the person that I am was not going to turn down free shots, so I took them, had some dinner, and drank a lot of water, thinking I was good. I want to add, I was not even close to being a little bit tipsy. I was being super paranoid because of the night, and I knew the area, and how thick it was with cops.
Night ended, and my friend picked up another drunkard that needed a ride home, so we all 3 jumped into my truck to leave. Not even a half a mile from the bar I get pulled over for
>weaving
Cops obviously smell booze, because I have 2 drunks in the cab with me, and they pull me out for a roadside. I pass it, they even tell me that I passed it. But right at the end, the cops says
>for the last part of the test, blow into this.
I had no idea what my BAC would be, but I was not going to take that chance, and I also knew it was not part of the roadside sobriety test. I refused. I didn't refuse in a dickheaded way, either, just said
>Sorry guys, can't do that, and you already said that I passed.
Cops get super pissed and in my face about it. End up getting detained and brought in for a blood test, and tossed into the drunk tank. I didn't find out for months, but I guess I failed that blood test, was supposedly at a .10

Get a load of this fucking hero.

No. I still don't think most people should do it but for me it's never been a problem.

What was the penalty you got for it?

every day for 10 years. never go anywhere without a buzz and a few driving beers for the road. no accidents, had expired tags /insurance and was pulled over a few times, always just spoke well and they never searched the car for all of empties.
never seen a police alcohol check point in my life.
I love drinking and driving, its the best.
I don't know what its like for others, I assume they must be weak minded or very stupid.
That one guy in this thread who 'killed' his bro by buying him a drink can fucking kill himself right next time because nobody cares about his gay shit. diaf faggot.

Stance on drinking and driving? What fucking stance could there be other than don't fucking do it? You fucking dumb ass

I used to go to driver's ed in the k hole. These people are lightweights who are a danger to other's on the road. Driving is easy as fuck.

guess how I know she cheated on you ( a lot )
because you are pathetic. have some drinks and go for a nice long drive, its the only cure for your horrible personality.

No one should do it.

It's the fucking law you stupid cunt. Driving under the influence while driving a fucking car puts everyone in danger. You're a stupid cunt who should re-evaluate his life

Did it, was pointless but was assaulted by the police and am going through a lawsuit against them. Could have it dropped and a settlement. I could live with just the settlement. Got pulled over for a tail light out. Blew .13, on .05 over the legal limit I wasn’t impaired they were mad I was making their field tests a joke because I wasn’t even drunk (I can handle my booze)

It wasn’t a smart choice but I’ve been handling not driving knowing it’ll pay off. I never crashed or drove wreckless when drinking before getting behind the wheel, but like the other user said, some can’t hahdle their booze

I don't need the gov to tell me what I can and can't do.

Cops here let you bribe them. it's around $200 worth of usually good meat cuts or chocolate. They never let you pay in money. And it's ONLY if they know you well, like your cousin's wife or some nonsense like that.

But yes, it happens. Tasmanians drinkdrive all the time and still are 90 times less likely to die on the roads than people from interstate. Good luck finding that statistic anywhere online - can't wait for the pro-tourism army to come bitching at me saying everything is peachy here. It certainly is not.

its also against the law to kill niggers and jews.
so guess how useful you are to your people?

Didn't know this was going to take multiple posts. Sorry.
Anyhow, I failed, lost my license for a year, had to pay a boatload of money, and take all these dumb classes that cost me a shitload. Had to do something like 40 hours of alcohol rehab classes, and another 80 in alcohol education classes. And a bunch of other crap that made it almost impossible to stay employed, and making money. The reasons I had to take the rehab classes was because of this stupid ass giant book I had to fill out about my drinking. I was a heavy drinker at the time, and there were a few questions I would've answered much differently now if I was in that situation again. The biggest being
>How much booze do you drink.
Fuck. I was stupid. I thought that maybe if I established that I was a heavy drinker, that it would show that I had a high tolerance, and that I was not actually impaired. No, it did not do that at all. All they saw was
>This guy has a drinking problem, and needs more classes!
So, a word to anyone who reads this, on that thing they make you fill out, and to anyone that asks, this was your first time ever drinking, and you don't even like it. Some other annoying things were statements like
>We know this is not your first time drinking and driving, you just got caught this time.
Sure, they're right, but they don't actually know that, they're assuming, and it's bullshit.
Anyways, I think that DUI shit does not help anyone, and has morphed into a money making scheme for all persons involved, aside from the drinker, they get fucked, and create this entire booze related economy in the court system.

Driving under influence should be classified as murder attempt.

You do not operate anything that weighs 1 tonne fucking drunk in bona fides. The moment you enter a car drunk you should be fucking forced off the road with complete disregard for your own safety and/or shot.

You will be listening to big bubba telling you what to do in prison after you hit a kid when you are driving drunk.

You should have been sprayed on your mother's chest.

It's fun
youtube.com/watch?v=c5wGcEPezcI

But Amerimutts can't drink until you are 21 since you are all race mixed faggots. Enjoy being a nigger
>La Cretura

I don't think it should be a crime in itself, I do think that if it a factor in a crime you do commit, the book should be thrown at you. Drunk driving is fucking stupid.

If I know I'm going to drive somewhere I don't even touch beer for this fucking reason.

A shitload of hours worth of classes, no driving for a year, no drinking for a year, or any other kinds of drugs, and probation for a year, with weekly meetings that cost like $100 each time. The probation
>officers
were not even really officers of anything, it was a private firm that I had to pay who would report me if I did anything wrong.

Whatever you say big guy ;)

Just because you can't handle yourself doesn't mean everybody else can't, angry cunt. Maybe you should take driving lessons.

Oh, yeah, and I know that the hours of those classes don't seem like a huge amount, but you can only knock them out 2 hours a day at the most. So it took for fucking ever, and was $60 a class.

drove drunk for years. i don't anymore tho. i'd say most of those times i was perfectly fine driving, but i had those nights where you wake up the next day and have to look at your car since you don't remember driving back kek. but it's so much better go out drinking and get a ride home rather than have to worry about it. better yet, just drink at home.

My provinces laws on driving while impaired

gov.mb.ca/justice/impaired.html

Still have to make booze runs to drink at home. Anybody who doesn't like drunk driving can blame the government for not allowing mail-order booze.

Eat shit.

This. OP is a stupid nigger

'aside from the drinker, they get fucked'

That's literally the fucking point.

do you start drinking the moment you buy the case of beer?

So you don't mind illegal spics coming into the country illegally? Because fuck laws?

Nah, drinking while you're driving is white trash shit.

Sup Forums: illegals are breaking the fucking law! They're criminals!!!

Also Sup Forums: drunk driving is against the law? So the fuck what?

then what's the problem with having to make a booze run? just buy enough to not have to go back out again.

But then you still need more after that anyway.

Yes, I'm aware of that. I really should've said that they don't actually help anyone who's been drinking and driving, with their drinking problem, they just fuck them out of all their money. Every single part after you leave court, at least where I got mine, was me handing money to private organizations, creating this entire realm of jobs that I didn't even know existed.

Oh yeah, I also had to go to a MADD class, and get yelled at by angry moms.

why are you writing in arabic

Does this not appease Allah (PBUH)?

Pretty much this. There should be a drinking and driving test you can get licensed for. Most people can handle it with no problem. But plenty of dumbfucks.

I’ve noticed in countries with low population densities, like in villages in New Zealand (specifically piha I recall) or little villages in Ukraine, people will routinely drive totally smashed. Winding around all over the place booze in hand. So bizarre to see give how strict it is here.

It's a cash cow for the state, a total scam. MOre importantly it's a pre-crime; there's no victim but you're being punished as if there were. They also created the term alcoholic out of thin air, just like the word racist. Fucking Jews.

next level shitposting/slide thread

He didn’t know the swedes are still sleeping

probably a boomer

boomer scum

I've done it countless times. Just don't be a retard and clearly lie to yourself if you had too much.

you're a piece of shit lmao'ing @ ur lyfe boomer scum

>only 1 tonne
What kind of gay vehicle do you drive, a moped?

Driving a beaterbox works best so if you aim wrong or have to figure out whats wrong with the hvac or radio it doesn't matter if you scrape it.

>I killed my best friend
>He drank then drove to his death
He made his own decision, don't blame yourself for his idiocy.

>not driving a killdozer

Have to fly under the radar. You don't want to drunk drive your weekend car too much because you stand out. If it blends into the crowd you don't attract as much attention.

This. Anyone who drinks and drives should have their licence revoked for life. Driving is a privilege not a right. Drinking in general is degenerate anyway, backing down on prohibition was a mistake.

>Drove drunk
>Cop pulled your degenerate ass over
>Get butthurt and sue them

If you drink, you’re a degenerate faggot
If you drink and drive, you should be in prison, not jail
If you drink, drive, and kill someone, you should be sentenced to death by firing squad

>drive truck late at night
>never pulled over
At least in canada, cops never give pickups a second look.

>Driving is a privilege not a right.
Incorrect. When you purchase your vehicle from the stealership, the stealership has surrendered the Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin to the state. Upon subsequently registering the vehicle with the state, you are issued custodial title over the state's property: your vehicle. The only reason for a driver's license is that you stupidly fell in to this trap of operating the state's property on the state's roads.

If it were your own vehicle, no license would be necessary.

youtube.com/watch?v=L9UiRmQPKOI

>If it where your own vehicle, no licence would be required
Build your own car and try making this argument to the state then. But you won't because you're likely full of shit. You do not have the right to drive, you have the privilege to drive. This privilege will be revoked if you misuse it, like drinking and driving.

Yeah I know. I drove for many years, no problems. Then got pissed and my GF when I was drinking whiskey and got busted, was only car on road during the witching hour in town, 100% certainty of getting stopped. Anyhow quit drinking entirely and dealt with the issue. DUI laws are causing more harm than good, should just be a night in the drunk tank and a fine. THe nanny state has gone to far, if they really cared about safety there'd be a crackdown on illegal aliens driving, they kill more people than drunks.

Those defending drinking and driving ITT
Sort yourselves out

I have as much right to drive as I have a right to walk down the road or bicycle down the road. Simply because you are a brainlet doesn't make you correct.

We have the right to drive.
realtruth.biz/driving/supremecourt.htm

>DUI laws are causing more harm then good
No, they don't go far enough. The fact that people like you are even defending the practice speaks to that.

I hope you're not a peterstein fan, because that proves you can't think for yourself.

I did a shit load of drinking and driving back in my teen years, but that was the 80's. In the age of Uber and Lyft, there's just no good excuse for it.

>A car is the same thing as walking
>That's I can operate my car anywhere I want
>Without any risk of anything bad happening
Pretty shitty false equivalence, are you even trying or just drunk?

What's fun about being drunk in a taxi? I mean unless you're banging a girl in the back with no survivors?

It is the same thing. Shoes, bicycle, car: all of these are forms of transportation. You have fallen for Jewish Lies and do not understand rights or privileges.

>realtruth
>Banner says "What are they hiding??"
>Cases cited aren't hyperlinked
>The portion we're to believe is being quoted is coupled with his own interpretation
Sounds legit.

Someday you'll be killed by some cunt who's texting and driving and she'll walk away from it without a scratch. Karma's a bitch ain't it?

Not a Peterson fan, I just think the phrase has a good meaning in itself

"X" is a privilege and not a right.

Freedom died this way.

>There is absolutely no difference between modes of transportation
You better be pretending to be this retarded.
>Do not understand rights and privilages
Right's are those ensured by the constitution, privileges are those granted to you by the state.

Generally speaking, the courts won't touch it with a barge pole because that risks setting precedent. They simply won't take the case at all.

So for instance if you hit a state deer in your state car on a state road, none of that is your property. The state should pay for its own shit. They'll just quietly pretend you didn't point that out.

A lady got arrested for DUI right in front of my house tonight, I stood on my porch and laughed at her the whole time. Her car just got towed away. Fuck drunk drivers.

>Opposes drinking and driving
>This means you should die via another method of irresponsible driving
>That's karma
I feel like I shouldn't be surprised that all the retards are also advocates of drinking and driving

Correct, and that's why if you're not using state property then you don't need the state's privileges.

Travel is a right. Automobiles are the common means of travel. Are you trying to violate my rights?

First offense of DUI: Immediate execution. No trial, no appeals. You blow over the limit the cop shoots you on the spot.

Anything else is degeneracy.

Freedom generally doesn't exist user, it's a feel good buzzword. Society relies on order, order created through rules/laws.

Care to cite that philosophy or are you just making things up now to justify your personal feelings?

>If you hit a deer on a public road the state should pay for that
If you come into my house and break something, you're paying for that, not me.

>Fuck drunk drivers
Absolutely this

Your house? It's the state's house. It's not yours.