What is the general consensus of this? Both the manga and show. I never see it mentioned anymore

What is the general consensus of this? Both the manga and show. I never see it mentioned anymore.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vNz87aBgVwc
youtu.be/dyi7b3Qk1jg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good series overall, but a lot of wasted potential

both the anime and manga endings were shit and unsatisfying. Maka is best girl.

>tfw Crona will never be redeemed in your lifetime

>Good series overall, but a lot of wasted potential
Yes
>both the anime and manga endings were shit and unsatisfying
Yes
>Maka is best girl
No my dude, no.

too drawn out at times. I felt like stein was losing his sanity for literal months

Manga episodes: pretty much all great
BONES Original Episodes: BONES Original Episode-tier

Wasted potential with a shit ending for the anime and a lackluster ending for the manga.

It's good

Blackstar is one of the worst characters in all anime and manga

Had a lot of potential, likable characters and good world design but it was all wasted with a shitty ending and shitty villian

*best

>you will never fug tsubaki

Anime was one of my entry shows and I still love it for the style and action.

Manga was far superior due to having a lot of cool events and plot points that the anime never got to.

Both of them had shitty endings. I'd love to see this series get the Brotherhood treatment just for the sake of seeing the other deathscythes, the r63 chapter, Kim's witch subplot, and the moon battle.

Way too long for it's own good and full of meme characters

It wasn't good but Maka's voice was ear sex.

1. I really liked the anime, should I read the manga?

2. Maka a cute

3. youtube.com/watch?v=vNz87aBgVwc

BONES and SQUARE ENIX burning through money to animate flashy fights and crazy faces. What a feast for the eyes

That garbage fist of courage ruined an otherwise tolerable anime original ending

Series is average. Does nothing terrible, but does nothing amazing.

Yeah, the manga is just a lot more of what makes the anime good. You get to see the main cast grow a lot stronger, and the side characters get a lot more attention.

I love both a lot.

>Yeah, the manga is just a lot more of what makes the anime good
The manga has Maka's perfect voice?

BRAVERY

Well. no. And no soundtrack. Or cool action animation. So I guess it only has some of what makes the anime good.

But it does have canon genderswap and heavy implications at a threesome.

TSUNAIDA TAMASHII NO HI GA

One of the series that got me into anime, I like it

>spoiler

when was this?

Last chapter. Not really confirmed, but there is certainly an implication.
>Watermark
I know but I don't have it saved so I need to get the image from google

I want to grab Maka's pigtail! while fucking her ass.

It should have ended with aracne's arc, after that it went downhill so fucking hard that is not even funny, heck the anime's ending "courage punch" was far better than the manga.

this, I wanted her to have a happy ending si bad, too bad she was fucked the moment she killed a whole city, either she spent her whole life in prison, does an orochimaru and get forgiven or dies an heroic death.

crona was cute

>ywn see her fight against blackstar animated

Is Crona male or female?

Nobody knows.

Female

when in doubt assume its got a dingy.
thats my rule.

Why was it the anime just went off the deep end after a certain point? What was the reason they suddenly stopped following the manga and just started making stuff up?

Fun, but underdeveloped and unsatisfying.
Manga Blackā­Star was a legit badass, as opposed to the dumb Naruto clone in the anime.
Crona a cute.
Maka is my wife.

Budget. Source material.
See also; Fullmetal Alchemist

Yes

Yes.

Yes

Shame we never got to see best boy animated

>underdeveloped and unsatisfying.
like maka

I watched it a while after it finished airing. Did they start adapting it before the manga finished?

Way before, yup. I love Bones as an animation studio, but under no circumstances should they be allowed to write their own stories.

Isn't usual protocol to end the season when you run out of material to adapt and then wait until you get enough to make another season?

Seems kind of odd to just kill it off by hastily making up your own ending instead of just waiting to adapt another season.

>I never see it mentioned anymore.
Then I guess you know the general consensus.

I will only agree on the underdevelop part, but Maka satisfies me even though her anime isn't the best.

I mean, maybe nowadays? At the time no, anime went off on their own tracks all the time. And Bones had already done it with FMA so why not do it again?

No.

Anime original endings where way more common back in the day (like FMA, Shaman King or the first Hellsing), nowadays the norm is to find a stopping point and then season 2 never

Oh god I just realized what it reminds me of.

>her

For some reason I though the show was way older than it was(early 2000's).

+
>Top Tier OP and ED's
>Animation. The 'fluid' scenes and sense of movement.
>Characters and World were neat
>nice stylized CG

-
>everything was downhill after 1st arc
>wasted potential
>repetitive as fuck
>didn't really feel like characters were getting stronger
>the ending

It was pretty messy. Why even bother revealing she was a weapon at the end?

A little above average due to the animation and fairly consistent quality throughout.

Has anyone noticed that endings in manga and anime were actually pretty similiar?
And lot of things from manga that happened after anime have correspondence in anime
and in context of revealings from manga the anime ending makes more sense

Ohkubo stopped caring.

Endings are disappointing but it's still a personal favorite shonen for its great style and art direction.
Also Maka is best.

>ywn have a lewd and overly touchy cat-witch
truly life's greatest tragedy

I generally hate shonen but love soul eater

Great characters, inconsistent plot, unique art style. Maka a best, Kid was great, and Black Star was the cliched spiky-haired hot-blooded shonen protagonist done right. The ending was shit though, the main cast being pretty much useless against Asura sucked and the ultimate resolution of everything felt completely meaningless.

>that genderbent chapter

>You'll never see a Soul Eater Brotherhood with real Mifune fight and cute Spartoi outfits and black blood dress final form animated

This is the most adorable pv in any anime, prove me wrong.

youtu.be/dyi7b3Qk1jg

It doesn't matter.

>Maka

Oh all the things to notice, why the ankles?

I want to fuck Maka.

I just want the moon slut animated though they'd probably remove her nipples.

I loved souls piano gimmick, and black star is the Naruto character archetype done right.

Crona/Maka OTP

Get in line.

Get in line

Crona is unironically one of my favorite characters in any medium. I was in a really dark place when I watched and read Soul Eater. Depression and panic attacks were the norm, and happiness was terrifying. I had little and hardly even left my room or bed. I was essentially the worst kind of NEET, worthless. And I hated that about me. But I didn't have the strength to get better. Crona's incredibly awkward movements, the seemingly complete inability to connect with anyone, and even the gender ambiguity were things I could really relate to. TL;DR I was depressed so crona made me cry.

>Blackstar became a literal god

good things

nice bait

>Misaka

I love it even with those endings.
It's funny as fuck, nice art, plot and what i liked the most is how it was able to handle three different MC's doing every one his/her own stuff but still were able to get mixed together pretty good, i think that is the best part of Soul Eater. It will always have a place in my hearth.
Maka a best
Kid is funny as hell
Tsubaki a best
Medusa's feet a best

What are you talking about user?

So who do you think was Maka's mom? or why did she dump his dad?

Because his dad is a cheating manwhore.
Still i cried with pic related.

god awful
with the blandest main character in existence

>We never got to see Maka's mom.
Criminal. I wanted to see what Maka would look like grown up.

I want Maka to shit on a dead cat

I dropped it after the first episode because the braindead expository dialogue made me realize I'm getting too old for shonen stuff

>as you know, I can turn into a weapon that you wield! but you already know that. just thought I'd remind you.
>as you know, I am your father.
>yes, you might be my father, but we don't get along.

Anyone planing on watching soul eater this October?

I want to marry Maka.

Remember when it first came out everyone hated her voice

We made fun of her voice but we all loved it, silly.

Get in line.

The story was pretty messy. That said, I loved the style and the musical choices for the OP and ED