One Punch Man S2

>no Madhouse
>no Natsume Shingo directing
>fucking JC Staff
>literal who director who only directed one of the most forgettable anime of the decade (Majimoji Rurumo)
>sound director of fucking Berserk 2016 and Fate/Apocrypha
J U S T

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fKwhPE6lMaI
myanimelist.net/people/31055/Chikara_Sakurai
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-09-25/chikara-sakura-directs-one-punch-man-anime-2nd-season-at-j.c-staff/.121831
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tfw I lap up ONE's chapters if he'd ever get off his ass and make some more
I have transcended your primitive concept of quality.

Looks like there is JUSTICE in this world.
Trash series = trash production

Thats really bad

>inb4 it will be Berserk tier

SAVE US

ONE CLANG MAN

>Tatsumakibros got to see the queen in all her glory in the hands of the sculptors of madhouse
>Fubucucks will have to watch some deformed abomination completely off model made by some starved korean

YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS UP

>looks at the ova
Shingo obviously doesn't want to this shit anymore.

Someone please give me false hope... please

KILL ME

If you read ONE's webcomics, there's nothing to worry about

>JC Staff
>Perfect 1 to 1 adaption of One's style needing only the budget of Kill Me Baby
It literally can't fail.

>literal who director who only directed one of the most forgettable anime of the decade (Majimoji Rurumo)
Is this for real or are you just trolling?

>>sound director of fucking Berserk 2016 and Fate/Apocrypha
FUCK
The sound of S1 was perfect, why would they spil everything?

You liked that trash?

HAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAH

CLANG
L
A
N
G

He also did Jojo, the man is an amazing sound director. But his work all depends on budget.

>>sound director of fucking Berserk 2016
CLANG?

The guy also did Konosuba and Fate/stay night so it's either a hit or miss

Is this set to be the most J U S T sequel to exist?

>saitama throws a punch
>WUBWUBWUB

which jojo? All of them?

B-But Berserk 2016 had good ost

Think they'll use CG models?

I don't understand studio politics, but why did Madhouse give away the goldmine that's One Punch Man to a different studio?

OST =/= sound effects

madhouse works on passion not greed that's why their stuff is so good

ONE CLANG MAN

At least it's not BONES

I'm sorry to shatter the dream, but in a free market capitalist society like Japan every studio exists to generate profit. They may have their own differences and approaches, but in the end what counts is the bottom line. The only "passion over greed" types in art are liberal arts majors that think painting with their menstruation blood.

youtube.com/watch?v=fKwhPE6lMaI
y/n?

A composer and a sound director aren't the same.

Nothing about capitalism says you can't enjoy the job that makes you money and do it creatively. There's a big gray area between "cynical cashgrabs" and "menstrual blood paintings" you know.

The higher ups must have bought out whatever rights MH had once they realized shingo isn't gonna do season 2.

>citation needed

That's some sick dubstep you got there.

>I can't use Google

Dio's death being accompanied by the same track used for every villain of the week in Stardust Crusaders is enough by itself to call him a trash sound director.

> farts
Apocrypha is a bad joke, i see.

JC staff did flying witch which was aoty or at least top 3 last year. It's not a death sentence. Just a death row sentence.

Yep

They should invert the art style from the first season, so it's webcomic 90% of the time with a few frames of nice stuff here and there

He was the animation director in Shippuden Movie 5.

myanimelist.net/people/31055/Chikara_Sakurai

>one of the most forgettable anime of the decade (Majimoji Rurumo)
Fuck you, cunt.

I won't lose hope until I see the PV

well maybe it wont be that bad i mea-
its fucking over

>shitty filler arc gets shitty adaptation
I ain't even mad

>vrrrrrrrrbooooom
>WUB WUB WUB
>CLANG
>ch ch ch ch ch

>Season one was an adoption of the Murata Manga
>Season two will be an adaptation of the webcomic

DIO was literally just a more difficult monster of the week in part 3.

>sound directors = OST composer
No. That's just the guy who puts it together. For instance Jojo Stardust crusaders had good OST but a crappy sound director that kept using Star Platinum and Kakyoin's theme every two seconds.

Is it cool to shit on J.C Staff now? I thought we were just doing this to Trigger?

I expect CLANG during this.

Also sound effects

Who is the director of that? Animation fucking sucks. They cutscene and add a background image.

Shit on every studio, dummy.

I'm laughing my ass over this announcement
Mob was always the better series too

But what if Mob gets a similar JUST fate?

Oh so you mean like when yu yu hakusho played the same "sad piano theme" like 5 times in a couple episodes, that was the sound director's fault?

But mostly Trigger, right?

Sup Forumsutists cying once again and doing drama for nothing

Most of the cast that worked on the first season are returning for this one

>Yoshikazu Iwanami (Girls und Panzer, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) is replacing Shoji Hata as sound director. Chikashi Kubota (Corpse Princess: Aka, FLCL 2) is returning to design the characters, and Tomohiro Suzuki (ACCA: 13-Territory Inspection Dept.) is again in charge of series composition. Makoto Miyazaki (Triage X, Dragon Crisis!) is also returning to compose the music.

>The main cast are reprising their roles in the second season.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-09-25/chikara-sakura-directs-one-punch-man-anime-2nd-season-at-j.c-staff/.121831

Yeah

It won't because BONES is actually a competent studio.

>only listing half of their qualifications

newfag level research or oldfag level competent bait.

Smile Man looked horrible in Season 1, he is more handsome in the manga.

>one of the most forgettable anime of the decade (Majimoji Rurumo)
Fuck you too, you double nigger.

Yes. Sound directors decide where sounds and music are placed.

Prepare for WUB WUB WUB

"C-Come on, Rick," Morty mumbles anxiously, "I-I think we-"

"Stay out of this, Morty," Rick snaps with a quick glance backward.

"I'm not asking for much," the bald man in a superhero outfit says blandly, "Just a new house."

"Look, baldie," Rick grunts, putting extra emphasis on 'baldie', "I'm- urrp I'm not so sure you're not trying to blame me for your house exploding for insurance money like the last family that lived there."

"Aw geez, Rick-"

"Morty, y-y-you gotta know when to shut up, alright?" Rick turns back to his neighbor with a derisive sneer. "Okay, muchacho, let's say I did destroy your house. What're- urrp what're you gonna do about it?"

The bald man's face barely changed, subtly shifting from 'average' to a solid 'generic'. "I'm gonna hit you."

"Wooooooooooooow," Rick says with such thick sarcasm that passersby might worry that it would drip off of him and stain the ground. "Y-Y-You know, buddy, I've been to a lot of places and been threatened by a lot of people tougher than you, but nobody's ever phrased it like that. I can't tell if you're ballsy or just stupid."

Rick goes to close the door but the bald man puts a hand on it, casually stopping him from closing it completely. Despite his best efforts, Rick can't even budge it, and his brow furrows with annoyance as Morty's concern grows. Irritated, Rick throws open the door and steps into the frame, his chest puffed. "Okay, pal, you wanna throw down? I won't even break a sweat on-"

It all happens so fast. Morty is only aware of the aftermath: the bald man's arm extended straight outward in a fist, the red matter coating the doorway, the walls, their clothes, and even some of the lawn behind the man, the scent of blood and raw flesh suddenly permeating the air...

"Holy shit!" Morty shouts, his eyes as large as dinner plates, "Y-Y-You just exploded Rick!"

"He wouldn't pay," the bald man replies nonchalantly

The only reason the anime was so good was because of Shingo pulling a lot of freelancers via nepotism right?

I think the old Sound Director stopped giving a fuck during the OVAs.

Using the Boros theme for that bear when he was about to attack that old man in OVA 3.

You're half right. Obviously studios are interested in making enough cash to stay afloat, but almost any culture industry is a passion industry. The pay isn't very good, work isn't very stable, and you're usually subjected to incredible "crunch" time. People get into these industries not because they want to make incredible amounts of money, but because they have a genuine passion for it, and often it shows (hence the incredible quality of One Punch Man S1, which was made on a fairly modest budget).

So yeah, obviously studios want to ensure their survival, and obviously this means they're not going to invest incredible amounts of time and capital into some entirely unmarketable passion project, but studios (particularly those studios founded by or full of dedicated industry veterans) are often willing to trade some profitability if it results in less artistic compromise.

But yeah, I think you're right when you say we need to abolish capitalism in the interest of better art (or maybe just nationalize/heavily subsidize anime)

Yep.

The only thing that could somehow match up that is if Sakurai gets some of Pierrot great animators/the ones that did Sasuke vs Naruto Final Fight.

Yeah and it's doubtful this new director can do the same

did opm have good sound direction in the first place?

Everybody / everything is more handsome in the manga

Wait, Apoc's sound director was Berserk's?

That explains a lot

The special shorts were clearly lower quality all around, the only reason they're made is because the studio could recycle stuff from the actual series.

Now hold on, this guy has a lot of quality credits to his name as well.

I WANNA KILL MYSELF

Isn't he the same guy who did the sounds of Bloodborne?

You know, the thing with the most perfect sound design to ever be created?

inb4 someone edits every single punch from s1 with clang

inb4 i do it

was it good?
havent heard of it.

>swords clash with each other
>they sound like fucking frying pans

Kill me, Pete.

I hope this time they get to release OVAS that are 20 mins long.

Fan Demon chapter needs to be animated, its needed to get the casuals know about Glasses.

Fucking this. His resume is huge. He did things from Yosuga no Sora to Flying Witch and Kill la Kill.

Everything about the production was cheap, you need a budget to get either good samples or record your own. I doubt he had the budget for either, just a load of stock sound effects.

some clips?

Those two shows automatically invalidate all of that
They are inexcusable and you know it

RIP, it's fucked

At least it's going to look more like ONE's designs.

Games are meant to be played, not watched. Play it and you'll understand.

Mumen Rider scene?

No the thing is berserk was a money laundering scheme

Oh, i don't know, maybe literally every scene in the fucking show.
What is your problem?

It really didn't, it was super weak and used the same sound effects modern Madhouse shows always do