Are there any novels that you would want to see get turned into an anime?

Are there any novels that you would want to see get turned into an anime?

What would it be about? Would it follow the story or would it deviate?

Das Kapital.

>The Hobbit
An anime couldnt possibly be worse than the movie and I always wanted for more high fantasy settings to be adapted. But since I wouldnt want them to ruin LotR, they can take a test run with the shitty cashgrab trilogy.

Ooh, Also I would kill to see a Foundation series.

Count of Montecristo and the Three Muskeeters already have anime, so I'd go for Faust. The problem would be finding a competent writer that can adapt the story for anime and makes it interesting.

Live action just can't do a faithful adaption.

The sorrows of young werther.

El Filibusterismo {The Reign of Greed}

That would be hard to do since the story covers 500 years and a dozen people

Well you know what they say, user. "Where there's a whip, there's a way!"

It would be great, since Faust somehow manages to be one of the most original stories about deals with the devil (your soul in exchange for anything worldly sucks, but is there another setting where the devil himself argues that the deal is shitty for you?)

>They animate the shota sex scene

A Song of Ice and Fire, purely to see who would be picked as best girl.

Alternatively, turn it into a fighting shonen series about knights, with Brienne as the MC, Barristan as the old master, Jaime and the Hound as the rivals turned friend, and the Mountain as one of the main villains. Give them all flashy special moves.

They are trying to do a TV show adaption I think.

They've been trying for 10 years.
You could easily do a season 1 taking place during the first novel and season 2 taking place during Foundation and Empire. Just don't focus on the Main Characters from the novels and have new characters in the setting.

Honestly, yeah.

The problem I think would be adapting it so that Faust doesn't come off as a complete woobie who was tricked into making a deal with the devil and Mephistopheles doesn't come off as an irredimible asshole who just wants Faust's soul because he's "EVIL!!!11"

>The problem I think would be adapting it so that Faust doesn't come off as a complete woobie who was tricked into making a deal with the devil and Mephistopheles doesn't come off as an irredimible asshole who just wants Faust's soul because he's "EVIL!!!11"

That would be a faithful adaptation, then.

I'd say The Divine Comedy but we already got Over The Garden Wall.

You'll have Jon Snow again and you are gonna like it

Not a novel but I'm surprised there hasn't really been an adaptation of Pygmalion. Seems perfect for anime or manga.

Mein Kampf.

50 shades of grey

Can't we just have a long, in depth adaptation of Three Kingdoms?
Or even Water Margin?
Maybe War and Peace?
Kalevala?
Don't have any more ideas.

Are there any western literature about cute vaguely lesbian girls doing cute things, or is that exclusively Eastern? I would literally get into literature if there were books like this.

You confuse "literature" with "book"

I don't know about that. But "The Gods Themselves" has moon colonists who walk around naked and have zero G sex that literally causes people to break their bones.

No
Books are the superior medium why would I want to watch a shit version of it

Carmilla