Are university rankings just a meme?

Are university rankings just a meme?

If not, how is pic related university considered top 5?

Other urls found in this thread:

topuniversities.com/universities/yale-university
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Performance_Ranking_of_Scientific_Papers_for_World_Universities
youtube.com/watch?v=js0JutcAJj0
medicine.uiowa.edu/content/ui-carver-college-medicine-ranked-among-nation’s-best
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's wrong with diversity again? Why is it that whites dominate most academia, media, and other industries?

Makes you think about who REALLY backs this place hmmm

are the rankings based on raw data or not. That's all you need to ask.

topuniversities.com/universities/yale-university
#16 according to this site which is most used afaik, seems to have dropped quite a lot since Yale was considered top 3 last time I checked?

Fuck you this isn't Africa.

>Engagement measures how seriously a university takes its obligations to society by investing in the local community as well as in charity work and disaster relief. It also analyses the regional human capital development and environmentally awareness.

Translation: A university that donates money to (((certain charities))) will go up the list up to 50 positions compared to one that doesn't

>disability access, gender balance and low-income outreach are also included in the ranking process

all that shit is useless. you need to pick a university based on raw output of scientific papers.

go here and hope to god the fine print doesn't say they included "social sciences" en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Performance_Ranking_of_Scientific_Papers_for_World_Universities

>Are university rankings just a meme?
When it comes to humanities then yes, when it comes to prestige then no, when it comes to STEM then also no

I've worked in Universities for over a decade now. There is a big shift happening. People are starting to rank Universities differently. Places like Harvard, Standford, MIT, ect are losing a lot of their credit. Sure they take the best of the best, but they have nearly 100% pass rates for their courses. However, if you look at the pass rates for medical, law, pharmacy, ect. licensing exams they are below par.

Suddenly Universities in Iowa that have 94% first attempt pass rate for post graduate licensing exams look equal to Harvard on resumes.

I think job placement is more important to most people than shitting out papers, unless you plan on doing research in academia.

Modern (((((universities))))) are just a scam to indoctrinate and breed the next generation of the leftist pajama boi aristocracy.

That's only if you study social sciences or humanities

Most rankings are very subjective, due to trying to measure so many qualitative factors.

But the ones you should really look at are employment within the field of study, first attempt pass rate for post-graduate licensing exams, average grade and graduation rate (look for B+ to A- and ~95%, too high or too low is a bad sign).

Used to be that going to an Ivy League school, even a University in general meant something. Now, with every body and their retarded kids being accepted it means very little

yes they've become a meme
youtube.com/watch?v=js0JutcAJj0

This, Rankings became meaningless once universities started letting in unqualified niggers.

>Are university rankings just a meme?
In terms of undergrad (excluding engineering), yes. You learn from the same textbooks and philosophies whether you’re at Harvard or Fredonia State. Grad school rankings matter because of research mostly.

of course they are a meme.
rankings are most likely influenced by who gave money to the guys doing the lists, what unis those fuckers went to themselves, really any other subjective shit. they also include useless shit like social sciences when it should be just about real science, engineering, med, business and law. if you are looking for international comparisons you can scratch law too.
as another user said, you learn the same stuff in undergrad everywhere.
choice of uni becomes important if you want to go for a phd or work in research in general.
then you can look at data about how many papers get published in your chosen field, how many significant prizes for scientific accomplishments does your uni get, how well funded it is etc. do that research by yourself and dont trust some retarded ranking put together by jews and niggers.

>middle easterner (turk)
>I'm white passing

fucking retard

This is the truth. Ive been to both elite and non elite institutions and hold stem and non stem degrees.

(She’s a Jew)

Could you link to an example?

Lots of different departments in universities, and all universities based on undergraduate programs are practically useless since an undergraduate program is basically just a college's source of income, they could care less about their undergraduate students let alone their graduate students and their programs.

It's the main reason why liberal arts majors were introduced into colleges as a means to gain more students; more students = more money.

Have you been to both? Ive been to both types and the top 20 school I attended had much harsher standards. 75% fail rates in classes were not unheard of. Classes curved to 2.75 GPA.

Mental illness should not be promoted and celebrated. It MUST be treated.

underwater knitting course of women studies... 'nuff said
frak this shit. who in their right mind would ladden themselves with unpayable debt for the rest of their lives for something that can be easily achieved by spending a little time on internet and tiny bit of willingness to learn?
world library at your finger tips and you go pay money to ((them)) for the same thing??? mental illness

medicine.uiowa.edu/content/ui-carver-college-medicine-ranked-among-nation’s-best

>their lives for something that can be easily achieved by spending a little time on internet

Are you really white?

If you are, act like it. What you just said is as cringe worthy as the blacks that walk around talking about the school of hard knocks.

So... a highly ranked school competes with other highly ranked schools? It says its ranked highly.....

It was unknown like a decade ago.

That was my point. Places like Harvard and Standford are not longer many times above everyone else, and now a University in Iowa is considered on par with Harvard.

>all these tech colleges above oxbridge
fake news

Back in 2007 my brother-in-law got a job as an associate professor at the University of Iowa. Before he taught classes he went through an orientation class just like a first time student would at university. A trans LGBBQ dyke sat in front of the entire class of new professors and told them about gender and addressing people. He laughed it off. The left is playing the long, slow game and they are winning.

yes, I am, I wonder if you are if you think that you need a freakin validation from kike schools
"little time" was an obvious hyperbole, so don't go word grabbing.
and do you even imagine what wondrous times we live in? you can get any book, any film, any documentary, anything if you only will it so. so why go to a freakin university? I watch lectures on the internet, Mises institute, JBP, History, AltHistory, Holohoax docus, the only thing that you need to sift through all that - CRITICAL THINKING!
don't be a slave of kike's system

I have had a few students try pushing trans-issues with me. I lecture in pharmacy / pharmacology with a focus on infectious disease, but they still try to wiggle that topic in to everything. I just calmly and sternly shut them down and tell them it is morally wrong and harmful to the patient to use hormones in that manner. I can see many of the students silently support me, and the general tone of the class seems to quiet the loud activist students. They are loud, but they also link being the center of positive attention. When they see that their peers gravitate towards another opinion, they stop expressing theirs.

I think you mean (((fellow white people)))

zactly, if you go there, ((they)) and ((their)) ilk will make you jump through the hoops until you reorient yourself (brainwash) to the party line. it is that or you go through the whole ordeal silently, also learning to accept the shit and never say anything. the alternative way (protesting and speaking your mind)? the result will be nervous breakdown, public character annihilation and early aging

>That was my point. Places like Harvard and Standford are not longer many times above everyone else, and now a University in Iowa is considered on par with Harvard.
So either Iowa and other's have increased dramatically or Harvard has decreased or both

gayest post of my entire life

It is a bit of both. I have discussed my PhD exams, written, oral, and final, with others who went to places like NYU and Cornell and mine was much more intense from a large State University.

Pretty much every university user.

ooga-booga team... how white can be mesmerized by this will remain psychological mystery for the future generations

A UNC Football players Essay that got him an A- in the course.

>The entire essay

On the evening of December Rosa Parks decided that she was going to sit in the white people section on the bus in Montgomery, Alabama. During this time blacks had to give up there seats to whites when more whites got on the bus. Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat. Her and the bus driver began to talk and the conversation went like this. “Let me have those front seats” said the driver. She didn’t get up and told the driver that she was tired of giving her seat to white people. “I’m going to have you arrested,” said the driver. “You may do that,” Rosa Parks responded. Two white policemen came in and Rosa Parks asked them “why do you all push us around?” The police officer replied and said “I don’t know, but the law is the law and you’re under arrest.

Overall university rankings are meaningless, especially for bachelors. The way they are ranked by international organisations makes it so that research universities are top without any actual substance in education. However some of the top unis are actually good, but they're really only the ones in europe like oxbridge (even which is a little overrated desu). If you look at average student performance after graduation then state universities often beat ivy league, so really they're an expensive scam in the end. Curiously thogh US military colelges have excellent student performance for some reason. Now can you guess which american college had the best SAT scores in 2016?

College football is a huge waste of time and money. The fact that americans tolerate it amazes me.

>My old alma mater KTH keeps dropping

>When they see that their peers gravitate towards another opinion, they stop expressing theirs
Because the Left is an expression of the collective feminine - and women (and their feminine penis analogs) are herd animals.

>Go to uni
>get manipulated
>still think you're smart

They are. Test score and gpa means, medians, and 25th/75th percentiles.

White men and Asians prop up the numbers. Women and minorities can literally fill the entire bottom quartile (and some of the middle two) and it won’t affect the stats much at all.

>What's wrong with diversity again?
Because it's a pain in the ass for EVERYONE.

>Why is it that whites dominate most academia, media, and other industries?
Jews followed by asians dominate, what the fuck are you one about?