>great fight scenes
>critics still bash this into oblivion

What exactly happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WXKd754d2Og
nyaa.si/view/950841
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Brainlets can't comprehend non-linear storytelling

Basically this. It had a different storytelling style so people hated it for that.

Achronological order simply was a retarded decision to make, its that simple. This shit works for stuff like Shimashita but the only thing is accomplished for Concrete Revolutio was making the experience jarring as hell. The fact that most of the visual queues to indicate at what point in time the story is being fucking clocks certainly didnt help.

I marathoned the first season and felt like I understood what was going on at the time, but never watched the second and now I feel like I'd have to rewatch it from the beginning at this point to remember everything.

Kikko didn't win.
That is enough to make this show trash.

>the only thing is accomplished for Concrete Revolutio was making the experience jarring as hell.
Yeah, it was a mess. And the first few episodes weren't very good.
Still a great series all things considered.

You had to think a tiny bit to follow the story, time skips, flashbacks, and all the characters, but it did not flow as well as Baccano or Durarara.

Even the smallest hurdle or barrier to entry can ruin a show's chance at popularity or praise.

It's bad

I remember s2 had too much filler.

Post Earth-chan

>show has great main characters
>the plot is about anything but them

Definitely loved the show but I will admit sometimes I had no clue what the fuck was meant to be happening

The ending was kinda garbo. The last 2 episodes needed to be stretched to 3 or 4.
Apparently thye originally were going to have 1 or 2 more episodes for s2 but somthing happened and they had to make do

Non linear story telling is a difficult thing to do. If it's done well it can be amazing. If it's done poorly it'll be the worst pile of shit imaginable. Not only that but the story was all over the fucking place. It didn't know what it wanted to be and moved incredibly fast. Too many characters on top of that.

So basically a lot of small problems that piled up and turned it into complete trash, which was really disappointing. The promotional material looked great. They just didn't execute it well.

No one won. The guy just fucked off and turned into an invisible dragon. And the other girl was just like left there. What a shit show.

All went well. I protected this smile to the end.

>anime critics

I think I found the problem ma'am

It was too pretentious and shitty.

The ending was a letdown. Other than that I enjoyed it quite a bit.

It was pretty awesome, sadly, it was too niche.

I love it

It was great but very flawed. The ending is some serious blue balls too. Also this The S1 threads were full of retards that can't read.

People can't follow non-chonological stories, or missed the entire point of the show. This was one of those shows that was made 300% more enjoyable watching with Sup Forums, and honestly has become one of my all time favorites. Helps I'm a huge sucker for throwbacks to 60's and 70's anime, as well as being a History nerd. ConRevo is fucking awesome, no matter what anyone says.

>What exactly happened?
It was a fairly ambitious project that didn't quite deliver, had issues with too much focus on secondary characters/subplots and then a rushed, somewhat unsatisfying ending.
With that being said, I loved it. Almost all of the "filler" episodes had a message that was relevant to the theme of the show, the world was interesting, the various "real world" references added to the nuance of the show and Jirou was a fun MC. I'm glad that the show flew under most people's radar, because it lessened the amount of shitposting the threads got.

I'm a sucker for original shows that try to do something different. This show and Active Raid also were a great source of Vitamin Seigi.

>Active Raid
My fucking nigger. It seems like most people who enjoyed Active Raid also enjoyed ConRevo, and it's nice to see that opinion perpetuated (myself included). Also, GOLDEN LIFE will always be a 12/10 OP

Justicesexual MC.

That's what happened.

did you even watch the show?

I want to fuck Emi in the butt

Did you?

Yep

It aired the same season as OPM Season 1, so everybody who would've watched it watched that instead. It got overlooked.

This is my main issue. They introduced so many interesting characters, but then never explored most of them beyond single episodes.

Everything else about it was just so great, though, especially the music.

youtube.com/watch?v=WXKd754d2Og

I love it to pieces, but it could have been better. Maybe a 56-episode run could have worked.

>tfw there will never be any more seasons of Concrete Revolutio

>critics
There are no English language anime critics, just fans who got hired by websites with too much cash.

It was the best anime to come out in the last 5 years, and people were too stupid to follow and understand it.

>Kikko didn't win.
You realize the end where he choose between staying and leaving was also choosing between Kikko and Emi, right?

Found the retards.

>Found the retards.
>they have an opinion I disagree with
>therefor they're retarded
There's no need to bring that kind of hostility to this thread, user.

I only avoided it initially as I knew that being a BONES show it would have a bad ending (It did). However I regret that decision immensely as it was a fun show.

>They were too stupid to follow and appreciate the show
>Therefore they're retarded
Yes, that's how that works.

>one post calls it trash
>one post cites perceived issues but still views it favourably
>both posts are retarded
I know you're going to nitpick and say that the second poster was retarded because the issues they considered as problematic don't exist, but you're being awfully vicious without explaining how they don't "follow and appreciate the show."

The first poster complains specifically about the non-linear story telling and pacing. The threads actually weeded idiots like that out because people would explain exactly what was happening, and some went so far as to make flowcharts. It's easy to come back and complain about that aspect of the show now when all the people watching it aren't gathered together to tell you that you're an idiot, but he's still an idiot. If he wanted to complain about pacing, it should have been the lead in to the finale, as that part of the show was actually rushed. "I'm dumb and need the story fed to me slower" doesn't make the pacing bad, skipping over events (which is what happened at the end) does.

The second poster complains about the secondary characters subplots. Mose of those were necessary for world building and to contribute to the themes of the show. Had he singled out the Nakashima episode and said that was complete trash and a waste of an episode, I'd have agreed with him, but didn't. He made a grand sweeping complaint that doesn't apply to the show.

>Had he singled out the Nakashima episode and said that was complete trash and a waste of an episode, I'd have agreed with him
Three Bird Men had a theme that was relevant to the show, though. The issue I had was that that episode and other "weaker" episodes like notGI-Joe and episode 6, were ones that could have been dedicated towards a less rushed ending. Admittedly, Nakashima's episode getting canned could have made the difference alone, since the ending only need about an extra episode to make things more appropriately paced.

No need to be such a flaming faggot right out of the gate. It was still my AOTS for both seasons that it aired, I just consider it to be a flawed masterpiece, for lack of a better word.

Concrete revolutio was definitely a hidden gem. Man I felt so good watching it every week.

S1 was great with world building and all that buildup.
S2 was mediocre with too much filler and continued the world building that we didnt need to arrive at a rushed ending.
Seems like your typical BONES anime with all buildup and nothing to show for.

>Actually defending the Nakashima episode
>Calling someone else a faggot
Your burning faggotry will illuminate our solar system long after our sun dies.

Ratio best boy.

>nice music
Top that off with the inability to admit it jumped around for no reason and I can conclude you are a troll.
I comprehended it just fine, it still sucked.

Active Raid was 1/10 trash that deserved to bomb (and rightfully did).

>Demon Queen Kikko was just throw-away character.

And show is shit because of that!

Don't be so tsun.
Raito and Jaguar were both top-tier. Claude was pretty fun too, especially for the Jirou bullying.

Incorrect, season 2 was tolerable and far better than season 1.
It really isn't, you're thinking Aquarion Logos.

>it jumped around for no reason
>I definitely followed and understood it
Sure

>Active Raid was 1/10 trash
m8, I will trash your ass.

Wrong season, the first was the bad one

Don't be so gay.

I understood it too, jumping around was a dumb move on their part.

>defending one of the worst anime ever made
Lets do this, nothing is off the table.

>one of the worst anime ever made
That's a big claim.

You want an M4 Masterkey or FN MAG?

>I understood it
>It was just too confusing in how it presented its story

Wrong image, OP. Pretty sure ANN masturbated to CR.

>one of the worst anime ever made
I don't know how you could think this unless you've only seen like 5 Anime.

Pretty sure he said "dumb" not "confusing". Are you illiterate?

Why would someone complain about "jumping around too much"? Go on sport, I'll let you think about this one.

My MAL account's statistics has me at the 1300 entries mark. Among the worst anime rated there I have seen it all: Pupa, Skelter Heaven, Mars of Destruction, 6 Angels, Midori, Violence Jack, Wonder Momo, School Days, Spectral Force, Hanoka, Vampire Holmes, Little Goddess Karin, De:vadsedy, MD Geist 1 and 2, Mad Bull 34, Dark Cat, Dark Myth, and even the literally seizure inducing Puzzle of Autumn. Active Raid is genuinely worse than all of them combine.

Because there is no intelligent reason to do so. It is opinions like this why I am against net neutrality.

>My MAL account's
Stopped reading there.

Because you lost, now return to Evageeks or TVTropes or wherever you came from and inform your masters you failed.

This. There's nothing wrong with the non linear gimmick but the actual substance of the story was the usual Shou Aikawa tripe of government/organization cynicism presented in the most uninteresting way possible.

>162687849
>My MAL account
Not even worth the (You).

I also have an AniDB account, over a thousand completed entries there.

>written by the same person who wrote Eureka AO, one of the worst BONES shows
>he also wrote Garo Guren no Tsuki, which is by far the worst MAPPA show
It's surprising it even turned out subpar instead of outright terrible

>Eureka AO, one of the worst BONES shows
That's an odd way of saying best

>there is no intelligent reason to do so
And this is why you're an idiot.

No he isn't, /y/ner. If intelligent reasons exist do explain them. Don't worry, they'll be shot down.

>they made someone more obnoxious than Revy from Black Lagoon
That is a feat worth rewarding.

>I'm too stupid to understand story telling techniques
>Now explain them to me so I can tell you the things I don't understand are bad
It's amazing how worked up people get when they realize they were too stupid to follow something other people understood.

Shirota's red and white S Planetarian form was my favorite creature design from the show. I'll never forget NONSENSE cafe and the cartoon animal mob. RIP that guy from the band.

It was understood fine, we are smart enough to admit it failed, you people are pseudo intellectuals.

Your trollfu is weak, trumpster.

>Brainlet too stupid to understand that nonlinear story telling allows writers to create suspense and a sense of mystery surrounding certain events that wouldn't otherwise be possible, as well as changing which events are the "reveal" and which are the "buildup" to shift focus of a subplot
>Calls others pseudo-intellectuals
You poor little brainlet.

>162688345
I'm not even going to give you the (You) that you want.

Well I liked it and thats enough for me, I don't really need validation from anyone. I enjoyed the small discussions on /m/ and had a nice time watching it with a couple of friends.
I'm also ok with not getting any more, some times shows just need to be short.
The only thing that makes me sad is that we'll never get the BDs.

BDs are out, though.

What the fuck? Are they on Nyaa?
Goddamn I'm a fuckin g retard

I'm talking about raws. If you need subs, then you're out of luck.

Well of course I want subs. That's what I meant.
No one will probably sub them ever.

Just learn moon.

>MD Geist
/m/ was here/ Your taste is shit for not liking it

>You poor little brainlet.
I'm still smarter than you, MAGAfag

Logos was garbage

>Your taste is shit for not liking it
Actually I did and yes I go to /m/. Hell, it's divisive over there because we're the toku board and we know our shit. CR sucked.

>typical brainlet tries to be edgy response

Are you Canadian?

Logos was good!

I don't even remember what happened, but I remember thinking that the series was pretty shit.

nyaa.si/view/950841
Here are the BDs subbed

You sir are not justice. I am not justice. Your opinions are shit and also not justice.
>Also not realizing /m/ hates any series that gets a bunch of discussion on Sup Forums