Is HxH a well written series?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sYfDT-vT7cA
youtube.com/watch?v=OLzKZO54Y_s
youtube.com/watch?v=G4b1E5qlWGA
readms.net/r/one_shot/Hisoka Origin Story/3450/1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes.

Elaborate. Imo it's basically a watered down Naruto (Not even memeing)

It's not really a written series to begin with

I dont see how one could think that Naruto is better than Hunter X Hunter. HXH has consistent power levels, better characterization, characters who behave somewhat intelligently and just plain better writting.

its no master piece but its easily at the top of the shonen shit heap.

Best written shounen. Better written than most Seinen too.

No because it really has no direction, it has very good world building however.

Direction is irrelevant, nor is it a prerequisite for good writing.

No but I want to fuck this character

As long as each individual arc has direction and knows what it wants to do and where it wants to go then there's nothing wrong with an overall lack of direction.

As long as the protagonists goals are reached then it doesn't matter if the arcs are all unconnected or interconnected.

no

Not as good as One Piece.

>not as good as One Piece
bait harder user

gay

HxHs characters don't really have extensive pasts to base their presents on

just new characters after new characters.

granted they're cool, some more than others, but they just feel empty.

'99 Shizuku was a well written body

I don't think it's watered down Naruto, but between subject matter, fights, artstyle, certain characters and certain plotlines, I can see how someone would prefer Naruto to HxH.

You guys keep talking about watered down naruto. I don't think that describes HxH as much as it describes Boku no Hero Academia.

How can HxH be a watered down Naruto when Naruto is an inferior ripoff of HxH?
Here is a representation of how they compare.
HxH's nen test:
>Enhancement, Emission, Manipulation, Transmutation, Conjuration, Specialization
Naruto's chakra test:
>Fire, Earth, Water, Wind, Lightning

I guess, the girls are great though

Jesus fuck Shizuku is fucking sex.

Pitou's looking pretty good, dying her hair is a weird choice though

O

It's shonen.
Saying it's the most well written shonen is like saying someone is the smartest kid on the short bus.

youtube.com/watch?v=sYfDT-vT7cA

This is the best """"fight"""" of the series

no it's not better than naruto

Well yeah. Obviously it's not perfect but HxH is what you get when a genuinely clever, creative guy with the balls to do things differently has all the time in the world to come up with elaborate ideas and put them on paper. It's a bit of a haphazardly structured series but it's just so interesting and you never know what's coming next.

It's all anime.
Lets just be satisfied to compare the quality of the dumb bullshit we all love without worrying whether it's high literature.

>hxh remake started in 2011
>hxh 2011
>it's 2017, almost 18
>it ended 3 years ago

WOW WHAT THE FUCK MATE I HATE TIME

This shit is bonkers.

It's just weird that because it's like saying which moe has the best action. it's basically irrelevant to the subgenre

YYH is the best "generic" fighting shounen
HxH is the best "non-generic" fighting shounen

based togashi (although YYH gives credit to the dub for a lot of its' brilliance)

Naruto is pretty bad overall and is seen in a much worse light due to that, but was legit great for about half of it.

but hxh is just dripping with tropes, down to the evil shadow organization and silent protagonist with eye powers out for revenge for his family

Yes. It has some hiccups sure, but the storytelling is very creative, the world feels real, and Togashi is a master at making his characters and their motivations feel human. I don't want to sound like one of those "you need a certain IQ to enjoy it" fags but I don't think it's a series you can truly appreciate until your second re-read/watch.

Kurapica predates Sasuke though

It's well delayed series

where do you live that people act like the characters in Hunter?

So? It's also full of things that aren't tropes, or twist the existing tropes. There's no work of fiction that can avoid them entirely, it just depends how they're executed and how frequently.

So it created the obnoxious trope instead of continuing it

youtube.com/watch?v=OLzKZO54Y_s

hxh quality paradox, it has great innovated writing while also being the origin for most of the shitty shonen tropes

He means that characters behave according to their motivations rather than behaving to move the plot along.

like when Hisoka double crosses the phantom trope or when Meruems royal guard try to keep Komugi a secret from Meruem.

youtube.com/watch?v=G4b1E5qlWGA

anyone else member coming home from middle school to these promos and new yyh rk dbz

SxS is an excellent series

The difference is that unlike Sasuke, Kurapika realized his friends are more important than revenge and didn't become an edgelord.

Faggots that obsess over backstories to develop a character are not to be taken serious

still has the uncontrollable emotional outbursts though

I shudder at the idea of Hisoka being given some generic tragic backstory to make him sympathetic or some bullshit like that. A little mystery goes a long way, hamfisted sob stories are best used sparingly at most. Gyro's was fine, for example, but it would be garbage if every character got a background like that.

her vacuuming cleaner thing is literally the most autistic thing I've ever scene

not an argument

fearing hisoka will have a generic backstory shows ur lack of faith in togashi

>togashi
How the fuck can you have faith in a faggot that takes literal decades to finish his work.

Hell, Togashi himself is wary of that as seen an interview with JUMP. He knows that a backstory takes away some of the mystique from a character like Hisoka or Chrollo. And these are people that don't really seem to care what happened way back when, they live in the now.

HxH has the best girl

Naruto is like a shittier DBZ and HxH though.

that a stupid fucking thing to say
How is naruto anything like those two?

I don't think he will, he's said as much before like said. I just hate the idea of it.

Stuff like this. The entire series is just throwing a bunch of clashing interests into a pot and seeing what comes out and that's what makes it so much fun.

the purpose of mystique is to have that mystique exposed.

if all your characters have going for them is "mytstique" then they're shit

Nobody said that's all he has, it's one of many entertaining traits. And mystique doesn't have to be exposed at all unless it's a main focus of his character, which it's not. His background doesn't matter except for brainlets who can't comprehend characterization that isn't spoonfed to them.

hisoka has
- mystique
- being powerful (for no explained reason)
- and being weird (For no explaine reason)

A simplified way to put it but yes, what's your point? I said his traits are entertaining, not that they're deep and meaningful. They don't have to be because he has charisma and drives the plot in interesting directions.

characters without reasons for why they are the way they are feel empty

Nice blanket generalization but people greatly enjoy Hisoka for the most part. Maybe he feels empty to you, the majority of us find him fun and interesting.

they enjoy him because he's a sadistic pedo weirdo

chrollo is even more boring

except there IS a canon Hisoka backstory you fucking plebs

readms.net/r/one_shot/Hisoka Origin Story/3450/1

togshi didn't write that and there's still more to be known

I actually feel the opposite. Bringing up some backstory just to justify some attitude feels unrealistic and mostly a narrative convenience.
It's way more likely that lifestyle or your own innate attitude brings up some certain trait more than some one time realization.

>it's another "it's not bad when Togashi does it!" episode

Togami is a hiatus-beast for a reason

Togashi*

I want a blinky blowjob