Has there been really any standout anime this year? It's kinda weak to my knowledge with everything being averageish

Has there been really any standout anime this year? It's kinda weak to my knowledge with everything being averageish

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b5n_MsnEzJE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Kuzu no Honkai

ACCA.

No. There really haven't been any in a few years.

Mob Psycho really stood out to me between animation, plot and music
Can you really beat Reigen?

I thought it was pretty stupid.

Aho Girl is the best comedy anime I've seen in years

I'm not even the original user, but I think you're pretty stupid.

That's a pretty stupid thing to say.

That's a very low bar for Nip animation though

This duck's show was great if you are into war stuff

>having this much shit taste

Who are you quoting?

>shit quality gif asking for recs
Fuck off back to whatever shithole website you came from.

The guy calling the anime with the best OP stupid

Hero Academia
/thread

The OP is fine, as far as OPs go.

Kememe Tomodachi

Onihei hankachou

Dragon maid

Name one funny scene.

>/thread
>on your own post
You have to go back

it was stupid but not in a bad way. it was grea tto watch

Rakugo overall, Owari as well if you've been watching the series.

The scene in the park where a-kun plays along with the aho calling him a bad guy.

I got a legit laugh out of him being silly for a change.

Didn't the mods pin a post a while ago about making high quality threads? Or was that just a fever dream, and rec threads are cool now?

Are we talking just in general or does it have to follow a very specific metric set by user? The standard answer would be your least favorite anime or Kemono Friends, love it or hate it. Personally, I have been surprised by some shows and while I did consider them to be above average as entertainment I know they have some characteristics and flaws that turn people off.
For instance, Akiba’s Trip did a stellar job with its main characters (mainly the MC) without and almost did not resort to clichés that would be very easy to fall into, like a harem and I also think it did the episodic format really well. Controversially, it’s the kind of “silly fun” that many are turned off by and the enjoyment of each episode is somewhat tied to how knowledgeable you are about the episode’s subject.
Frame Arms Girl showed that amateur seiyuu can do just as much of a good job as the veteran ones. I was really surprised that almost everyone was still a newbie in the industry, because it sure as fuck didn’t look like it. It also showed again that just because a show was blatantly made for promotion of something else (even more shameless than the usual) it does not mean it cannot be fun. On the other hand I can understand people dismissing it because of the CGI.
I won’t talk about Kemono Friends because the most avid fans already did that over and over.

Wasn't too many good new shows, there was some good new seasons of stuff like Monogatari.

Sure, it's enjoyable to varying extents, but it's hardly something I'd call "standout"

Rakugo

It has been a quantity over quality kind of year up until this point, but there have been all kinds of enjoyable shows all around.

Mob Psycho really raised the bar.

By this logic Made in Abyss shits on Mob Psycho. Just stop bumping this shit thread with your shit series already.

The animation was really good, the voice acting seemed fun and lovable to me, the character design was just okay.

I also appreciate the cute and the sexy stuff, I'm very grateful to our Kyoani overlords.

No good "standouts" unless you include Umaru of course, but it hasn't aired yet.

Other than the best girl Tanya was okay-ish.

Made in Abyss had great art.

No otherwise Sup Forums would be hating the fuck out of it

that show is literally just a hxh ripoff

I agree with your first statement. The second one makes you seem retarded though.

>tripfaggot
>threading your own post
>my babbys first battle shounen

What an awful post.

Yuri on Ice!

The look on his face is pretty much my look at this entire series. Bland and not interesting.

It's been a great year for moe

LWA of course

Please go and be gay somewhere else.

This and basically any other anime, mobtards are just a very vocal minority.

Smartphone

>mobtards
That's a new one for me

Tsukigakirei is the only one that comes to mind for me. I haven't particularly cared about any other show.

It's called Heybot and it's the funniest show ever. The last episode aired two days ago, so it's the perfect time to marathon it, assuming you can still find torrents that are being seeded.

You are probably right, I should have added that's just my personal opinion, I am biased towards tales of brothers, I tend to really enjoy those.

Even despite my bias, the action was well animated, if anything stylishly messy at times, the voice acting and the BGM was appropriate for the deadpan tone.

It was a very well executed show at the very least.

This show is shit and you only like it for your sadistic loli

Maid Dragon
Youjo Senki
LWA TV
Handshakers
Rakugo S2
Kemono Friends
Eromanga-Sensei
Aho-Girl
Made in Abyss
Princess Principle

Not all of those are stand out because of good things but they certainly have something uniquely "2017" to them.

You've got Magus Bride, the new surprise Kino
anime and a whole bunch of other shows with potential this fall.

These two are definitely the only ones that stood out in terms of quality. It'll be hard to pick between them, I'll wait until Abyss wraps-up before I pass judgment.
Dragon maid was probably the biggest surprise this year. I expected it to be typical monstergirl trash, but the characters actually fucking developed and had heartfelt arcs!!! Plenty of cute and funny moments, and a nice style.
Still had its share of trashy stuff, so I wouldn't put it in the running for "standout".
Is Kemono Friends actually worth watching? I assumed it was just this year's meme anime.
Are ya'll looking at some Lunar calendar bullshit? I'm pretty sure that Mob and Yuri came out last year year.

In terms of popularity: My Hero Academia S2
In terms of writing: Rakugo S2
In terms of production: Made in Abyss

Sad year for anime I guess

(2016)
In terms of popularity: Yuri on Ice! / Re:Zero
In terms of writing: Rakugo
In terms of production: Mob Psycho 100

Same shit.

I agree with this, not fully but I can see it

Two sad years makes me a sad user.
Although Koe no Katachi and Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni were okay.

This.
Heybot is something I would honestly describe as true art, the product of creative artists completely beyond the point of giving a fuck and doing nothing but unleashing their own pure joy onto the screen for 50 episodes.

I only just started watching current anime (previously I only watched completed anime) but I love My Hero Academia and Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid/Meido Dragon
I wasn't particularly expecting to like either of them, either, especially not Dragon Maid

>rec thread
>60+ posts
>barely anyone calling it out
What the fuck happened?

Mob Pyscho was un fuckin believable.

this is the most leddit post i've seen in 18 years

It's nu Sup Forums

I'm loving Guru Guru so far. But that might just be me who feels that strongly about it since it doesn't seem to be that popular

Does it stop being completely about fart jokes beyond episode two?

This fucking killed me
youtube.com/watch?v=b5n_MsnEzJE

Is ACCA only in English?

I'm looking for Japanese with Subtitles.
Any ideas?

Almost all of episode 12 was hilarious and insightful. Seeing Akkun meet and have to try and deal with Yoshiko was amusing.

Aho girl is okay.

70% of the humor is shitty perverted blush shit.

What do you call someone who doesn't enjoy the finer things?

I guess you just call them retards.

>People actually think boring boke and tsukkomi routines: the anime is a standout anime

What are you talking about?

Have you niggers been living under the rock or something?

Tiger Mask

Yes

>winter: Youjo senki, Kemono friends, konosuba s2, maid dragon
>Spring: ...boruto?
>Summer: Made in Abyss, owari s2

I'd say this year is exceptionally good.

If you are genuinely into war stuff, then her show is awful and entirely substanceless in that regard.

There are a few scattered throughout the series ("He" is the onomatopoeia for farting in Japanese, after all), but they're few and far between and well worth the excellent comedy and expertly-executed plot.

There is a elephant in the room and they choos to ignore it