APOSIMZ 007 (2017) (Digital) (danke-Empire)

>APOSIMZ 007 (2017) (Digital) (danke-Empire)
userscloud.com/wmnz5w9l68fq/007
mega.nz/#!5aIAQKgD!Dm8tYX01rTPuN68dQdqBSwON3UwfCI_6CLgnoulUVXE

Why did Nihei forget how to shade? Or draw lines thicker than an ant's pubic hair?

His wife and daughter couldn't make sense of his old style, so they pushed him to make it more intelligible.

I remember the daughter thing from during Sidonia's run, but his art got so bad towards the end of the manga that it was like a rough outline of scenes. You could barely fucking tell what was supposed to be happening because of how little he was drawing. Not that what was happening was particularly coherent by that point anyway.

Guys, meet my wife.

I prefer nu nehei

I am Tsutomu Nihei's manga boy

no fuck you nihei you hack

first you axed biomega because you couldn't wait to start sidonia then you fucked that up too

i'm not getting burned thrice after all this bullshit, the only thing I'm looking forward to is the BLAME! redraw

>Nihei's current artstyle
lmao more like BLANK! redraw

You entitled muh old Nihei fags have really become intolerable.

>Took a month off
>16 pages

Must be busy with Blame 2. At least dumping will be easy this time.

I want to see Nihei do a Made in Abyss guest chapter. Maybe Reg is really looking for Net Terminal Genes.

Any scans for the rest of the series?

Search the title by subject in the archive.

Thank you

Done.

Been dying for some cyberpunk stuff, anyone got some recommendations or have an opinion on this? Already read appleseed, battle angel alita, blame, and ghost in the shell

Biomega

Kek'd

>entitled
Take your own life.

>"When I finished Blame, my parents and friends told me they didn't understand anything. So I tried to make something simpler with Biomega. When I showed them they said they didn't understand anything again. So I made Sidonia, and when I showed them they said "yeah, it's a bit more clear, but I didn't really understand well." -Tsutomu Nihei

>most people are dumb
This is not a reason to stop, Nihei.

>W-Why doesn't Nihei draw the way I like anymore?
>not the literal definition of being entitled

>B-But he doesn't shade anymore or use blacks!
So? Disregarding the fact he fucking does, a change in method or style isn't a testament of lost skill. He still draws the details in and he's improved drastically at drawing people.

>B-But look at this quote that proves Nihei is selling out!
From the same fucking guy/interview you got that quote from:

>he said he doesn't like using so much dark anymore, that switching to Sidonia style felt natural, and he's happy he had a chance to change style.
>I specifically asked if he felt like he betrayed his earlier style, and he denied.

good lord, this level of projection is unprecedented

I actually started reading his stuff with Sidonia. Within the run of that manga, his work fucking nosedives.

>YOU EVIL TRAITOR!
What?

Shading takes a long time and a lot of passion, both of which he no longer has

he completely ran out of ideas for Biomega
the quality dropped significantly after the Earth transforms into a space noodle

He always ran out of ideas at the middle of his stories. That's why I think he is better at making short stories or even one-shots.

Didn't happen with Blame or Abara.

>Abara
Abara was a short story, so it was ok.

>Blame!
It suffered from this, as well, but the advantage it had was that every arc was different from each other and felt more "episodic", for saying something.
The first episodes were basically an introduction, and the pacing changed once Cibo was introduced. Besides after Cibo became a Safeguard, it changed the pacing again and you could sense he was runing out of ideas at that point.

"You could sense" means "I think".

God, that looks awful.

I'm glad he's gotten better at faces, but it feels like all the small details have disappeared and the backgrounds are almost non-existent. It looks like he's trying to rush through the pages as fast as he can.

I don't know how you can say something like your pic related has more small details than something like done in his newer style. The main thing his old style had going for it was the extreme use of chiaroscuro which is easy to impress non-artists with.

It was a bad trade off, if you ask me. But I also think he drew those kind of faces on purpose, considering how he drew faces in the Blame! one-shot.

>he's improved drastically at drawing people

Drawing sameface moeblobs is not a sign of someone having "improved drastically".

>chiaroscuro
Sup Forums teaches me new stuff all the time. It's not like the good details are totally gone, and maybe it just comes down to the shading. I don't have an artists eye, so I'm bad describing this stuff, but looking at the top-right panel in for example; it just feels so flat compared to his older stuff.

Well for what it's worth his new style is clearly a deliberate choice - it's not like he's forgotten how to draw the old way or something. He just seems to be going for the moebius kinda look which tends to be a lot more tonally homogenous.

Maybe if he used a larger variety of screentones it would be a little better looking. I can respect the decision to go for a lighter color scheme than his old works, but using the one example you cited I agree that it's a little off putting when 3/4ths of a panel is just a single screentone and white. It takes away a lot of the depth.

Man he sure has been drawn to look more and more demented since ch1

Why do people like you still post in threads like this when all you're going to do is repeat the same vitriol every time? Don't you get tired of it?

Nihei's old style was way more similar to Moebius than whatever he is drawing nowadays.

This is fucking boring, son. I'll drop this crap.

>Must be busy with Blame 2
Is that really a thing? Are they making a new movie?

Anyone got a link to chapter 6 ?

>Took a month off
>16 pages

Yeah I'm still wondering why this chapter didn't drop last month, we should be on ch8 now if we didn't skip last month, was he sick or something?

This is hot garbage. worse than sidonia.

Would be so much better without superpowers.

But superpowers are the only interesting part.

>worse than sidonia
That's impossible.

Muh African children could have eaten that manga.

I wonder what nihei's endgame for this manga is. Plot's moving along so fast and it doesn't seem as grand in scale as blame or even sidonia, this 'fight the regular frame of the week' schtick will get old quickly unless there's a big plot shift coming.

Huh. Just found out about this. What's this about?

For me it's basically Abara 2.0, but instead of fighting Gaunas, they will fight another factions. And knowing Nihei, it will be a lot of factions and betrayal between the same factions.

a prime example of what "who cares if you listen?" mentality leads to, right here
>only a real artist will understand why it's better!
never thought that I'd see it in the wild, though, after all

Shrug, didn't say it was better, just an easier artstyle to latch on to - its the artistic equivalent of pandering to casuals. There were tons of panels in his earlier works that were just plain bad in terms of perspective/composition/linework but people let it slide because it was drowned in black ink.

>It's not better, you just think that it's better!
At least, by force of convention, you types cannot ever have the majority opinion. That's funny enough for me to let you go on.

>Where is the shading?
Every fucking APOSIMZ thread.

See you next month user

Until you dislike it.

For one, his characters actually have identifiable expressions now.

I'm not really feeling it so far, I don't like the characters and i don't find the world interesting. I'll give it until chapter 11 for something to really grab me.

Manga is published in black and white so the use of chiaroscuro is a logic choice, you also have to take into account that a lot of detail is lost on old scans (and the user that posted that abara page used a pic with some shitty compression). His new style seems a better fit for color so in B & W looks flat without the proper shading/contrast.

>His wife and daughter couldn't make sense of his old style, so they pushed him to make it more intelligible.

Women forever ruining great artist.

To add to this post have this is nu-Nihei on color.

>identifiable expressions

That goes without saying when he's capable of drawing only one expression.

pic related is pretty good example of how black everywhere can hide a lot of flaws in the drawing.

Like, I can't even really tell what's going on in the background there. That's presumably some kind of built up area full of towers in the background, but I can't tell if they're in some kind of cavern hanging from the ceiling like stalactites over an empty void, or that void is... water or something that they're sticking out of. There's all kinds of perspective fuckery going on too 'r' shaped cutaway in the left background, the middle column that's behind it on top but in front of it below.

The sidonia page is far more readable in contrast, you can tell you're in a big hangar straightaway even if everything is washed out.

You actually made me laugh out loud; good job

happy to help user