Pilots a giant cyborg mecha with the soul of his mom in it in order to defend humanity despite the personal suffering...

>Pilots a giant cyborg mecha with the soul of his mom in it in order to defend humanity despite the personal suffering it causes him
>despite leaving several times, he always does what is right and fight
>Most successful pilot, is very humble about it too.
>Deals with shitty coworkers all day but still is professional
>risks his life and experiences horrible pain in order to rescue Asuka despite her only ever being a cunt to him
>Falls on top of a clone of his mom and feels up her titty meat for a solid couple minutes
>Masturbates to his coworkers tits while she's in a coma
>strangles her 3 times too to establish dominance, eventually she shows affection back, accepting his alpha status
>is a great gook
>literally everyone wants to fuck him
>kills all humanity but decides to let them have a choice since he is cool like that
>Seduces a literal angel, then squishes him because he is all business

Where do people get off calling Shinji a pussy, he is pretty badass if you ask me.

>is a great gook
I meant cook, but he is pretty good gook too I suppose.

People expected him to be a generic kouji/ryouma esque hotblooded hero.

Because he literally reached Nirvana and became fucking enlightened, but decided to turn his back on it to be a snivelling little bitch that can't just fucking talk to someone, so he strangles them as an emotional outlet.

Also he broods over Misato and Asuka getting laid - he is literally the Elliot Rodgers of anime.

I liked Shinji.

10/10 post
Would read again.

> so he strangles them as an emotional outlet.
He also is an expert judge of character, by the subtle hints thought the series, and her wearing a choker, he determined she's into choke play and uses that knowlege it to seduce her.

He sees in storyboards when he's agitated.

>literally everyone wants to fuck him
This got me thinking. You remember how Shinji was actually popular with the girls? Like in that one episode where they were all squealing his name at the pool. How come no girl ever approached him? Surely one would've tried and wouldn't that basically solved everything?

he canonically has a microdick which makes his confidence with women non existent.

Because when they try, Rei slits their throat before they get within 20 feet.

She'd have done the same with Asuka, but luckily for Asuka she's an EVA pilot, and that means Rei stays her hand. For the time being.

>projecting this hard

Also gets EVA 01 the power of a fucking angel, then never fights again the rest of the series cause its beneath him

>wouldn't that basically solved everything?
No, it wouldn't have.

Same reason nobody but other pilots tried to approach Rei. He's more overwhelmed than scornful and trying to read, but it's awkward to flirt on somebody who is just barely responding. Like, he was at school and the center of rumors all the class was hanging on for weeks before anybody made an attempt. Then he started hanging out with course hazards like grosser boys and then Asuka, a girl would have to be brave and then aggressive.

Shinji is a fantastic character for all the reasons you didn't mention.
>muh masculinity, introspection is bad, fuckin robots fuck yeah

Stop being a faggot enabler.

Stop being a fucking retard

This.

Because they weren't attracted to him because he was Shinji. They were attracted to him because they all had a lack of strong motherly guidance and were therefore attracted to the most powerful boy they knew

>>Pilots a giant cyborg mecha with the soul of his mom in it in order to defend humanity despite the personal suffering it causes him
I'm happy I never wanted to watch Evangelion anyway.

>is posting on Sup Forums
>somehow hasn't watched nge

He's not as cool as Homura.

>Because he literally reached Nirvana and became fucking enlightened

>The rebuild time loop is real
>Shinji actually mastered it long, long ago.
>Every cycle is he playing 12D chess with the characters, being infinitely manipulative, pretending to be weak and crafting whole scenarios just to quench is boredom.
Truly a scary thought.

user already said there's no hidden meaning behind it and to take everything at face value to the fanbase.

>despite leaving several times
it was only twice

I did too

On a related note, I've been playing through Super Robot Wars and I realize how much better off the pilots are without NERV hanging over them. Ryoma and Koji did wonders for Shinji and Hathaway managed to get Asuka to calm her tits.

Well Asuka has never really been that great of a pilot. She's aggressive but other than that she's never shown much potential.

Asuka was a technical genius of a pilot

Fan fiction aside she wasn't that great and neither were the other pilots. They all had their problems and honestly Toji and Kensuke would have been better.

The entire takeaway from Asuka's piloting scenes is that she was an unparalleled master in 1-on-1 combat but had no idea how to work as a unit.

Asuka would kill one first before they got the chance.

>wouldn't that basically solved everything?
It could, but Gendo would probably make whatever love interest the pilot of unit 03 or something else convenient in order to kill them off so Shinji goes full Gendo/Fuyutsuki in order to bring her back.

As I said before with the same amount of training Touji or Kensuke would be better.

>literally loses his leg as soon as he pilots one and never does again

Obviously you don't know the circumstances of what happened

Best pilot, worst soldier. She was the most coordinated, she was good at making Unit 02 perform, and she was the least prepared for what Angels were like. She showed her priorities answering Fuyutsuki's question about what she thought her job was.

blah blah angels, Asuka has a better record than him, and still had her limbs

>She showed her priorities answering Fuyutsuki's question about what she thought her job was.
Yeah that always bugged me about her.

I'll never forgive him for not holding poor Asuka.

>Because he literally reached Nirvana and became fucking enlightened

>sacrificing the sense of self and joining the collective unconsciousness to avoid any suffering is "Nirvana"

You missed the entire point of the series, bud. Instrumentality is hell.

When the same thing happened to Asuka she failed just as hard.

Mindfucked but at least she can walk.

Of they had another pilot attack her in that state like they did Touji not only wouldn't she be able to walk but she would be dead.

He probably did after instrumentality since they need to stay warm.

Too alpha. They all know they had no chance.

Is there anyway that he could have stopped instrumentality in its entirety?

Probably not, there were too many forces at work with too much influence and power. If he had been sane he MIGHT not said fuck everything when the giant Rei appeared.

I think instrumentality cant happen if he doesnt kill kaworu, but if he doesnt, there is a risk kaworu will still trigger an impact and fuck up everything.

Besides that, i think only with extensive knowlegde of the series which he doesnt have, defeat the MPE, destroy SEELE, destroy Adam embryo, subjugate Rei

It's a consistent part of her character. She pilots to exhibit her talent to the world and prove she exists, the war and the enemy are embers to brush off.

No I got that, It just rubbed me the wrong way is all. I don't dislike any of the pilots in general or anything it's just was of those things that made me frown when I first heard it.

They were attracted to his pilot status, not him.

In NGE2 Shinji has Kaworu live with him and third impact doesn't start.
It's required to save Kaworu for the good ending.

>They were attracted to his pilot status, not him.

His pilot status is part of him. Any time anyone is attracted to anyone it's for a reason. Often their body which is just as circumstantial as their profession.

They got bored of him by the third episode dude. There was never any attraction or popularity.

Shinji canonically looks plain in the series.

>They got bored of him by the third episode dude.
This is never stated anywhere, stop making things up.

Then how come we never see them mention him ever again? If the Eva staff wanted to establish him as popular they would have.
Get over yourself self-insert fag.

Because it was already established and there's no need to reinforce it every episode.

The only thing that was established is that Shinji is plain and boring looking and the only interest he received was when he was a pilot. And even then people quickly lost interest in him.