Centaur no Nayami

Now that it's over, what are your thoughts on the anime adaptation of Centaur no Nayami?

What did you like about it? What did you dislike about it? What was your favorite and least favorite episodes and why? What would you have done differently if you had been in charge of it? What would you like to see in a hypothetical second season?

inb4 Sup Forums

Monstergirl genres are fucking dead.

I enjoyed it, Hime is CUTE

>what are your thoughts on the anime adaptation of Centaur no Nayami
It was fucking ass

I want to fuck the chii chans

It was alight, the downside is not enough yuri.
How are the streaming numbers in chinkland?

Not enough of the weird stuff, but it was a nice anime to sit down and relax with.

the world in this anime scares me, i would not want to live in a shithole were i cant even call someone a faggot whitout being send to the glue factory

It didn't really get that much discussion on Sup Forums weirdly enough even though the manga was mildly popular

>It didn't really get that much discussion on Sup Forums
Where have you been this season?

Not even remotely enough Chi-chans.

QUALITY aside, it was an enjoyable watch.

That's the real world though

first time I've ever wanted dat loli booty, they were so darn adorable

otherwise, a mixed bag of a show which never really decided what it wanted to be, the dark stuff was just too jarring in comparison with the light-hearted stuff, could've been good, perhaps even great with some extra thought put into it

how's the manga in comparison?

I liked the manga better.

This show tried to balance social commentary and slice of life, resulting in massive failure on both fronts.
Would not recommend to anyone.

Why would you want to?

Is it social commentary or is it just a fictional dystopian setting?

social commentary is hardly even there, when it's there it's done poorly - also I feel like calling the setting dystopian is kind of a stretch but I may be in the minority

>how's the manga in comparison?
Oddly enough the manga is
>a mixed bag of a show which never really decided what it wanted to be, the dark stuff was just too jarring in comparison with the light-hearted stuff, could've been good, perhaps even great with some extra thought put into it

it wasn't Sup Forums enough, just generic slice of shit.

>also I feel like calling the setting dystopian is kind of a stretch but I may be in the minority
People who refuse to tolerate intolerance are the worst monsters of all to some.

Needed more aliens and horrific dystopian backstories to really contrast the SoL yurishit.

>What did you like about it?
Cat lolis

I really enjoyed Nozomi in that bikini.

She really strutted her stuff.

show is meh but this SMOL girl was good

Straight into the camera, even.

This is why we need a season 2, and it needs to have this chapter in it.

Needs more Kyouko.

Video game where we play as Nozomi in this scene when?

Do you think her eyes will open when her brother finally snaps and screws her senseless?

want

Even if we're just going to call it a fictional dystopian setting, it never even uses that in a real way. The closest might be the ridiculous and hamfisted Holocaust episode.

>interesting concept
>meh characters
>sometimes average animation

The entire thing felt like a poor man's Monster Musume. Also far too little focus on the cute imp.

It had the same problem as Demi-chan. Worked fine as a manga, but was too slow paced to translate well into an anime. Probably would've done better as a short or in fifteen or ten minute episodes.
Hime best girl.

Not enough weird stuff. Very little about snakes, no aliens, not enough history chapters.

The bizarre factor. It's a slice of life comedy in the backdrop of a communist dystopia. That's pretty unique. It sometimes slips through when you see everyone's obsession with equality of the unequal.

>What did you dislike about it?
Angel-chan. I hate her because she has all the traits of being a best girl, but some things just utterly ruin her for me. Things like her talking smack about her father ("How dare you spend time taking care of your five children when you're our only living parent when you should dedicate yourself to your art until your children hate you?") or her utter hypocrisy (Is an atheist but not only feigns piety because of her job, she actively scams people out of their money with phony exorcisms). She's a total cunt with a few lovable traits.

>What was your favorite and least favorite episodes and why?
Favorite... I guess the one revolving around Jean Rousseau. Faux-Schindler's List may be a cheap shot to the heartstrings, but fuck it.

Least favorite... certainly the episode about everyone's relationship with their fathers. Mostly because that's the first episode where you see how shit Angel-chan is (though the rest of the episode is bretty gud).

>What would you have done differently if you had been in charge of it?
The OP, I guess. Other than that it did nothing wrong that wasn't related to the source material (Angel-chan being shit).

>What would you like to see in a hypothetical second season?
I can give or take a second season.

No society that executes litterers on sight could possibly be a dystopia.

>communist dystopia
It's not communist.

Masterpiece but contingent on it being unpopular with low sales.

>not enough history chapters.
The French Revolution chapter(s) would have gone well with the story of Hime's ancestor.

I really like linchou

It's a shame how Angel-chan went from best to worst character so quickly. In episode 3 she was thought to be the highlight of the show.

Super fucking hot.

Here, have a butt.

Sassassul best girl
>What did you dislike?
I watched every episode drunk so nothing stands out.
>favorite episode
Arm wrestling, the last episode.
Seeing Suu lose like a retard and getting flustered over it was pretty endearing.
>What would you have done differently if you had been in charge of it?
Make it a hentai
>What would you like to see in a hypothetical second season?
More Ayyliums and Antarctica..

So what was the deal with those chapters where she becomes a God of War in another universe?

They're not even close.
The MC of MM was a male self-insert while there were hardly any males in CnH.

Alien bunny and ...

Season 2 when

Sadly never

We'll never get to hear this guy rationalizing going for the HP.

>fucking ass
Technically, sex with Hime is fucking human. Off to the Happy Fun Time Re-education Centre with you! :^)

Chi-chan sex is more fun. When one climaxes or gets tired, she can switch out for another for 3 times the stamina.

That would assume they continue to share the same tastes throughout their lives. One might be more attracted to angels, another to centaurs, and the third to a merman.

Who said anything about waiting for them to grow up and develop tastes?

Based quads of loli truth. But how are you gonna get past Tama?

Hire her to do an exorcism and lock her in my house.

She's got really prehensile toes. How are you restraining her?

When I said my house I meant a storage garage with a solid steel door that can't be opened from the inside.

May I have the key then?

When I'm done with the Chis, sure. I don't want her interrupting me before we're finished.

Oh, don't worry about that, I'll be keeping her occupied while you have them over for lunch.

Is it really over already?

I loved it. It was a good, cute SoL, balancing the monstergirl bullshit perfectly. I liked the serious parts too, it gave a nice contrast. The main bad thing was that the series was too short to really give it some depth.

It was great. I already knew what was coming for episode 9, having read the manga, but it still hit a note with me.

That's not to say the show was adapted well though. It just adapted it, period. Wish it could have been better but I'm satisfied with what I got.

cute centaur girls?

It was pretty enjoyable but could have been better. The frog episode should have been left until later. Like a season 2 when we had more time to drop more hints about the world politics. The dyke sheep's fanfic RPG could have happened in an earlier episode, instead of the end. And I didn't like how some episodes looked like absolute dog shit, especially this particular episode when half of it was off model but they chose to include a CGI water fountain for two seconds.

I want to scratch Hime's enormous back and pet her fluffy hair.

Oh and I liked Sassul's pleasant voice. It seemed fitting with her looks for some reason.

I'd have liked to hear what voice they picked out for Sassy's sister and her supervisor.

Terrible adaption but I can't say why. It was boring and not fun, but I liked the manga so it can't be that.

The thing I hated the most about the anime was making me realize how ignorant and blind people are. I've no idea how people like managed to get things like "communist" from this anime.

Terrible adaption. The episodes moved way too fucking slow, they could have sped them up a bit, adjusted pacing and fit three or four chapters in each episode. When you make anime based on manga, you're not supposed to adapt everything to a T, like what they did in that pool segment when they showed how the Centaur girl changes. It was like what, one or two pages in the manga, but in the anime it took half a minute. That would have been an interesting bit if every moment of the show wasn't like that, with them painstakingly showing everything that the characters did all the time.
They also didn't adapt enough of the weird shit. UFO was teased, but that didn't go anywhere, so we didn't get aliens at all. No guerilla action in jungles either, or Tiger People in China. The kindergarden chapters were mostly skipped too, as well as the kidnapping in the shrine. They literally adapted the most boring bits, save for the episode with Frog/Nazis and segment with mermaid idol.

The casting was good, though.

>They also didn't adapt enough of the weird shit. UFO was teased, but that didn't go anywhere, so we didn't get aliens at all. No guerilla action in jungles either, or Tiger People in China. The kindergarden chapters were mostly skipped too, as well as the kidnapping in the shrine. They literally adapted the most boring bits, save for the episode with Frog/Nazis and segment with mermaid idol.

Remember, they are not supposed to adapt everything to a T

Yes, and if they didn't they could have fit more stuff in. Maybe combine some segments into one another, and so on.

You're basically complaining that they didn't leave things out while leaving things out.

In other words you are salty that they left things out you wanted to see, but the creators can't magically know which things you want to see so as soon as they start to leave things out someone who wanted to see that specific part will be disappointed. The only way to prevent that is to not leave things out.

I am complaining about them leaving lots of entire segments out. It would have been fine to leave some out, and not adapt parts of others. They could have shortened some shots, not show characters walk everywhere, and so on.
Centaur's manga has very peculiar style, with lots of silent panels of characters just going on with their days. The anime did not only keep those in, but added filler between them to have the flow make sense.
Given how fast some chapters of Centaur can be read, sticking to idea of having one chapter always take half of episode made the show seem insanely slow.

I'm still not sure if it political cometary on leftism or political advocacy to try to make 1984 a reality.

I haven't read the manga but the anime was a mess pacing wise.
Some episodes felt like they completely ran out of ideas and just lingered endlessly on absolutely nothing.

It's an example of what it really takes to make everyone equal under the law, putting the law's boot on everyone's necks equally.

Adaptation was fair. Quite faithful to the original so it carried a lot of the pacing and story telling problems. Animation was bad obviously but that has to do with the low budget.

that doesn't help to clarify my confusion.

It's not advocating anything other than peeking up little girls dresses. The political situation is neither lauded nor decried; it just is.

This. Consider it a thought experiment, you dumb Sup Forumsshits.