Would you watch an Anime based on politics that solely revolves around winning a campaign and becoming the ruling party...

Would you watch an Anime based on politics that solely revolves around winning a campaign and becoming the ruling party in a country or district?

And no, the main character is not a cute girl. It would be a man in his late 30s at minimum.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Resistible_Rise_of_Arturo_Ui?wprov=sfla1
youtube.com/watch?v=OeLxUVACQF0
youtube.com/watch?v=4HkFxxXUTv0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No that's boring.

Ah! But lets say the 30 year old man was hit by the japanese truck and suddenly woke up in the body of a cute girl campaigning for president!

It would have to have a pretty engaging plot or characters, because the setting has zero appeal.
I think it would be manageable if done right, but would more than likely not be done right.

well would you watch it if the protagonist was a girl with huge tiddies?

>with huge tiddies
Must you ruin everything?

>politics
Fuck off.

no. It still sounds boring.

Only if the MC is literally Hitler

I personally think the style of storytelling of Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji would fit quite well. If I'd write the story I would focus on the mental anguish and anxiety that comes with being a public figure. The main character would probably be a little green eyed and idealistic and each passing episode those ideals would fade and he'd eventually become a ruthless career politician.

That would have too many asspulls.
>he didn't even win! He only got 30%! Suddenly the country was handed to him!? What kind of finale is that?

I'd enjoy it. I'm a huge political junkie and weeb.

>Based MC loyle to his party
>Sexy intern harem
>Edgy rival he went to college with
>Corruption
>Idealism
>Intense negotiations and dealing with an unpleaseable public
>Redemptions
>Scandals
>Wacky comedians talking shit

Sounds good

>loyle to his party
>not loyal to his voters
Shit MC.

> main character is not a cute girl
dropped.

when was the last time you saw a cute girl lead a political party?

Take your wide eyed hopes to shounen-land

>Would you watch an Anime based on politics that solely revolves around winning a campaign and becoming the ruling party in a country or district?
That's the exact same plot as 2016 though.

But wait! What politics would he be espousing? This is very important.
I'd watch this if I agreed with him. Or if it was, somehow, never stated what he actually believed in.

only if it shows both sides, also they have to use dirty tactics to make it feel real, add conspiracy theories, motherfucking spying, a cute reporter getting into deep shit she may regret, nut-jobs with a lot of money and russian accent doing underground wacked shit, drug cartels, corrupt government officials, corporate assholes, you name it, all of them in their late 20s/early 30s
>male over 30
nah, a ruthless cake would be better, the only way it would work with a male MC would be with an age of around 27/28 and a lot of fujo subtext, the MC has to be good looking

>Donald Trump was the first man ever to be elected into a public office
It's almost like Sup Forums is retarded.

he can't be the MC if he chooses voters over his party because the non-corrupt politicians will never rise to the top. No problem with having a character in the same party who actually wants to listen to the voters. But in the first arc he will get emotionally tortured by the members of his party so much that he decides to leave or kill himself.

If he's as cool as Tora from Persona 5, sure.

>lot of fujo subtext, the MC has to be good looking
No.
It needs to be done by Fukumoto.

You mean something like house of cards in anime in fact
> (OP)
>Only if the MC is literally Hitler
Maybe a good non boring adaptation of "the resistible rise of Arturo ui" would be great. Maybe transposing it in Japan with yakuzas would be cool too
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Resistible_Rise_of_Arturo_Ui?wprov=sfla1
But I suspect you'd like that the Hitler alter ego was presented on a positive way and it's not really the case htere

honestly I wouldn't mind if the MC is a manipulative bastard with good intentions, I love stories with grey morality and with this premise it would work perfectly

He leads a minor party into parliament next to the two big established ones, raises all the important questions that make the corrupt politicians wriggle like worms and notifies the general public that there is an alternative to corruption and two identical parties.
Then he gets assassinated and his imouto takes up the flag.

Just watch Idol Jihen

sounds interesting as well. However, I wouldn't murder him in the first arc. I would let him go halfway through the second arc and set up a lot of future plans in the first half so people don't see that shit coming.

Uh that reminds me of Rudolf the Space Hitler from LOTGH.

If it's done well then of course. Why would I not watch AOTY?

Depends on the political climate of his country and why he's running, as well as how the lead writer decides to portray different groups and ideologies.

they are making the frogs gay with the water. The MC found out about a huge scandal with a company that ships water to Japan and understands that if any more of it gets into the water supply then the whole country will be gay and birth rates will plummet, racing the country to inevitable doom.

like a gin to kin adaption? I think it could work honestly.

>Would you watch an Anime based on politics that solely revolves around winning a campaign and becoming the ruling party in a country or district?
This literally aired a few seasons ago.

I want a scene of a total mental breakdown of our MC getting outplayed by a political opponent with this narrator.

youtube.com/watch?v=OeLxUVACQF0

Isn't that close to Shoukoku no Altair?

>What politics would he be espousing?
Death to infidels.

youtube.com/watch?v=4HkFxxXUTv0

>How? How did I lose? I did everything right. I listened to the voters. I showed them that I wasn't dirty. I sacrificed my sleep, all my free time, I was dedicated to the cause.
>I don't understand
>Why?
>Why do they betray me?
>I am their only hope and they betrayed me
>I hate it.
>"he hates it"
>I HATE IT
>"he HATES it"
>I HATE IT !!!
>"HE HATES IT"
>I....HATE....IT !!!!!!
>"HE HAAAAAAAATES IT"

and that's the origin story how our idealistic MC turned into a ruthless asshole that completely destroys his opposition, no matter the cost and no matter how many lies he has to tell.

>Sup Forums made that post

Is the company a large multinational that makes money by exploiting 3rd world slave labor and pays lobbyists to push shit like the TPP through so their imported water is cheaper than anything Japan can produce domestically?

>revolves around winning a campaign and becoming the ruling party in a country
No.
Democracies are shit and inefficient.

ha, you are a gay frog

Already done and only very few anons watched it.

So a sympathetic historical anime about WW2 from the perspective of the Germans and Hitler?

We all know that its something the West would never make but the based Nips might ever so reluctantly consider.

I agree. Needs more gas and camps.

I am not talking about gay anime fantasy politics. I am talking about brutal cutthroat politics where everyone has a keikaku

No I have real life for that

>I am talking about brutal cutthroat politics
Sounds like you didn't watch the show.

>but the based Nips might ever so reluctantly consider
They were allies, if anybody would make it - it's them.
But they'd make a jap empire show first.

People forget that one of a the catalysts for jap expansion was sanction and fuel embargos.
Nobody was the good guy in WWII. That's total crap. The holocaust was just a horrific consequence of the war machine in my eyes.

You know it will happen eventually, the same way there are movies about people like Alexander the Great or Genghis Khan who was a serial rapist and murderer. In 200-300 years there will be an Anime about young Hitler's campaign to conquer the world.

By the character design I can already tell that it's gay.

What about a show about Vlad the Impaler?
Attila the Hun?
Major G.P.W. Meredith and his bloodthirsty slaughter of Emus?

Alexander didn't rape nobody. You know they wanted the AlexanD

Politics are boring

There are tons of not-Jap empire shows. And then ones where they get empire'd.

I'd expand my original suggestion to include the Weimar Republic period, because that's what really needs more public exposure, with or without CGDCT.

see That show is fairly underrated, it won't sell but I think it's well written.

Why not a show based in ancient babylon at the time of the invasion of the raiders and the collapse of the tower?
Or something based on it? Make it NGE like but based in the past. A kid that has to fight god using magic or something.

That would kick ass.

You guys are fucking this whole thing up. I just want Jap politics in the present day, in the style of Kaiji.

>Jap politics
Backroom deals and lobbying?
That's not really interesting. You need some idealism to clash with the reality.

Jap politics are based around one party system you tards, thats boring as fuck. Theyre already de facto in power

So, same as America?

what if it was truck-kun, in his late 30s, running for president?

And the MC could be some idealist, who learns the harsh truth. It'd be better than your shitty shonen in Mesopotamia.

Just read the manga.

Votes are invalid if the voter is dead.

He's running in California.

truck-kun isnt dead, he kills

He still needs to get elected.

Look if you want "Question Time" the anime it will be fucking boring.

Idealists arent gonna make it

All "democracies" are technocratic farces nowadays.
It's the only way to cope with the speed of today's societies.

Accelerationism.

Julius Caesar was arguably an idealist. Maybe.
Or maybe he just had really good PR.

To be honest, I'd be more interested in a female main character mostly because the 30 year old male politician feels pretty stale even if it's fairly representative. Not cute though, I'm probably not going to be interested in cute nice politicking, would rather have ruthless self-interest.

>It's the only way to cope with the speed of today's societies.
Wrong. It's the consequence of being bought up by lobbyists.

>would rather have ruthless self-interest.
And who says they can't be cute?
Just make it a vampire loli.

who the fuck would take a loli seriously.

Like what do you expect her to do? Stand up on that podium in parliament and rave about how those shitkins from the middle-east ruin everything?

>are you gonna eat that
>yes, but have patience, this onigiri killed my entire family when i was eight. i must do this slowly. it will fear for its life, and it will suffer.
Might pick up.

Brainlet

>Like what do you expect her to do?
Cute politics to disguise her real agenda. Backstabbing, populism and lying with hundreds of years of experience.
In a world where vampires are a reality, there is no reason why a loli wouldn't be able to run for office.

You mean Anime House of Cards? Sure, but only if you get Wakamoto to voice the main character.

Anime is not capable of doing something like that without turning it into Gundam or Code Geass.

>deep state has no say on what happens in parliament
it's 90% deep state nowadays.

They consider the corporations important to the productive needs of the nation.
It's not just the Oil industry that pushes for those wars. There's national strategic interests that drive it too. Remember, we'd all be speaking German if the nazies hadn't ran out of oil.

That's why I reckon this would be a better direction. Something more DEEP on a philosophical level.

>it's 90% deep state nowadays.
Then they wouldn't keep destabilizing the world, That is in no nation's interest.
>Remember, we'd all be speaking German if the nazies hadn't ran out of oil.
Nonsense. The Germans were completely outmatched between Russia, England and the USA.

Giant Killing worked perfectly fine emulating real football. They didn't have any balls covered in flames or acrobatics that you wouldn't see from real players.

And what about Monster? The only thing that is somewhat out there in terms of realism is Wolfgang Grimmer aka "The Magnificent Steiner"

cute politics? Who would vote for that.

This is a good post.

People who are tired of corrupt politics? People who vote with their penis?

Julius Ceasar wasnt an idealist, he was a powerful man with big ambitions. And yes, his PR was amazing given Brutus is still vilified even in Dantes inferno thousand years after he died

>Nonsense. The Germans were completely outmatched between Russia, England and the USA.
No they weren't. Oil was part of the reason they went into the war. Same with Japan.
The Germans should never have gotten that close to Moscow, but they did.

pi pi pii pi pi pipiipi
beep beep boop boop beep boop

Who would be the ultimate villain of the Anime? Donald Trump?

The cynicism of the people.

I want an anime version of House of Cards where Frank is a bishounen like Light.

The dumb kids who get their news from Facebook and think they're well informed.

Political Correctness.

>Donald Trump?
I doubt any actual politicians would be in it, let alone American ones, let alone someone who is very clearly not "plugged in" to the corrupt groups in the American government. Whatever you think of him, he's clearly disliked by the establishment, and any groups of corrupt politicians we might have would fall into that category.

>that 60+yo candidate who dressed up as Madoka, held pickets while cosplaying and had Kyubey-themed ads

Did he win?

Kyubey betrayed him.