In the amount of time it took to read Fate/Stay Night, you could have read Crime & Punishment, War & Peace, and Lolita...

In the amount of time it took to read Fate/Stay Night, you could have read Crime & Punishment, War & Peace, and Lolita. All books with actual literary value, and it still would have taken you less time to finish all of them.

>Crime & Punishment, War & Peace, and Lolita
Sure, but you can't shitpost about those books anywhere outside of /lit/.

Explain the existence of this thread.

>no fights ero or wish fulfilment
No thanks
>Lolita
Pedoshit is best watched not read

But I do both.

>Crime & Punishment
>War & Peace
Stupid russiaboos are prone to overrating those so much. At least try something by Gogol or "Fathers & Sons" by Turgenyev.
>Lolita
Its okay, pretty memeworthy. The Enchanter is better IMO.

>actual literary value
That's a spook. How can you tell other people what to do when you're this much of a brainlet?

None of them have twintails, except arguably Lolita. Although Raskoljnikov is interesting as a prototype for a lot of common protagonists.

Your face is a spook

Lolita is the only one of those books that isn't an overrated snoozefest.

Please tell me where I can trade this literary value you speak of for anything of actual value.

I've already read War and Peace. The book has very little to do with either of those things.

Only if you use a russian classic to stop a bullet, or if you turn a bookshelf full of them into a last-ditch barricade.

What is War and Peace actually about, the only thing I know is the standard "it's really fucking long".

Oh christ user, what are you doing.

>literary value

purely subjective

The story takes place (or rather starts) in 1805. Napoleon has installed himself as Emperor, and he makes war on Austria and Russia in his bid to establish France as the supreme nation on Earth. In Petersburg, Pierre Bezukhov, the illegitimate son of Count Kirill Vladimirovich Bezukhov, attends a soirée at Anna Pavlovna's, a lady in waiting to the Russian empress. On St. Natalya's Day, guests gather at the Rostov mansion at Otradnoe to pay their respects to Countess Rostova and her daughter Natasha. Some days later, Prince Andrei Bolkonsky declares to his father that he is going to join the Russian military and achieve glory, just as Napoleon did. Meanwhile, Princess Drubetskaya approaches Prince Vassily Kuragin at Anna's party to ask a favor in getting her son into a high, safe position in the military. The children at Otradnoe play after-hours, and promise to marry when they grow up. Andrei is leaves behind a pregnant wife with his father and sister while he goes out looking for glory. Also, three ruffians tie a policeman to a bear and throw both of them off a bridge while drunk.

And that's the end of about chapter 4, which finishes establishing all the primary characters. It's just a book about their lives in this time period,

Why not read all of them

If you've ever read/watched LoGH, it's actually a relatively similar story and a fan of one will probably like the other.

The notion of spooks is a spook though

Lol 'War & Peace', Pretentious Russian aristocrats wrote their little novels whild the bulk of their people starved and ate sawdust and tree bark to survive.

itt: pretentious shit

>three ruffians tie a policeman to a bear and throw both of them off a bridge while drunk
/win

I read all three. Lolita twice.

>fight fag